Forum Settings
Forums

Why Most Old School Anime is way better than Seasonal Modern Anime?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 14, 2015 5:41 AM
Mar 2011
Hellsoldier said:
DateYutaka said:

what has any watabame done to genrial westen pop culture

i was talking about people outside of anime fandom

Tomino had this

Ah, you mean like Blade Runner is influential even outside Hollywood? Then I guess Tomino and only a few other people qualify.

thats what iwas talking about all along genreak pop culture impact
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 14, 2015 5:49 AM

Sep 2015
Antilope said:
Poltergeist18 said:
Anime from any period that are good>anime from any period that are bad
But new anime is better because of Inferno Cop alone.

But Inferno Cop is from 2012, that's basically ancient.
2012 is ancient? when OP says old days i think he means 90s & 80s.
Classics like Akira and Ghost in the shell.
Sep 14, 2015 5:51 AM

Mar 2010
You're better off saying "the best old anime are better than best modern ones." That's something I can agree on without hesitation.
Sep 14, 2015 6:03 AM
Mar 2012
TonyTheme said:
You're better off saying "the best old anime are better than best modern ones." That's something I can agree on without hesitation.

I don't think that's true, there are enough new series(within the last 5 or so years) which I could call great and very comparable to good old series.
Sep 14, 2015 6:43 AM
Apr 2010
Old anime > New anime
Sep 14, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
Hathyle said:
Antilope said:

But Inferno Cop is from 2012, that's basically ancient.
2012 is ancient? when OP says old days i think he means 90s & 80s.
Classics like Akira and Ghost in the shell.

Silly
Sep 14, 2015 6:57 AM

Mar 2010
Kreion said:
I don't think that's true, there are enough new series(within the last 5 or so years) which I could call great and very comparable to good old series.
You haven't seen anything before 1980, the only thing in that decade you've seen is DBZ, and the same goes for the 90s outside Nadesico and Princess Mononoke. I don't think you're versed in the medium enough for me to take your opinion too seriously there.
Sep 14, 2015 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
Sep 14, 2015 7:21 AM

Aug 2015
Of course the classics are better than most modern anime, I personally don't like the classics though. They're just a bit boring.
"When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred....." - Obito Uchiha

Sep 14, 2015 10:39 AM

Mar 2012
Hellsoldier said:

Dezaki, I've been eyeing Rose of Versailles for quite a while. I mean same mangaka as Oniisama e... (Ryoko Ikeda) and apparently they have the same director. Also, inspired Utena. Can't go wrong with that. Will obviously check the others as well.

About Madoka, things are a bit compicated. I understand where the criticism lies, but at the same time, can't agree with it. This because of the following: I relate to Madoka Kaname, because I myself feel powerless even though everything is going down around me. Her case is related to death and magic. My case is related to poverty, health of loved ones, personal frustration, and far more recently, death. Sometimes, you just feel that worthless, even though very few people in this world are actually worthless. Sayaka, I actually relate to her desire to become a hero, as I myself have an ideal of what I want to be, and how I want to live. I have ideals. Mami, I simply like her. Kyouko, I guess a dreaded life can make you filled with sorrow and cold-blooded at points. Homura is the hardest one to explain... Maybe someone with gratitute who wanted to save someone who's precious to her... and became obssessed with her goal in the meanwhile. This conversation became to influenced by my personal outlook on life, and I apologize for that. It's just that, yeah, even characters that are seemingly absurd sound real to me at times.

Maybe he's more popular because he's more recent. To be honest I never checked anything from the God of Manga. I know, I know. I am probably missing out on something, but I'm only in the Anime business for 2 years now. And yes, I find it unfair for something being more popular for being more recent. But I actually enjoy Urobuchi works. I already explained my train of thought on Madoka and Psycho-Pass.

Gargantia... I never watched Votoms. The oldest anime I watched are Megazone 23, Bubblegum Crisis, Akira, A.D. Police Files, Bubblegum Crash! and Oniisama e.... And I had no antipathy towards the women of Gargantia. I find most sexually-based insults to be unfair treatment.

Aldnoah.Zero... When I first saw it I though of Code Geass meets Gundam. Turns out it was so... But whatever, I liked it. Even if the defects are there.

I have been thinking of giving Love Live a try. I mean, I even have my brother trying to get me to watch it. I keep hearing about how good it is. And Hell, if I am watching Cinderella Girls, where I can sense a slight sense of artificial and excessive cuteness, I should watch Love Live.

i just hope you`ll watch one of Dezaki`s anime soon.

Kaname Madoka is not relatable, she`s a Plot Device who do nothing but observe things like a camera and cry all the time; she`s poorly-written version of Shinji Ikari from Evangelion; rest of the characters are legit plot device.
Madoka Magica is not a dark tragedy magical girl anime, it`s the Epitome of Shock Factor by using Plot Devices as characters because the writers thought that realistic human beings are boring.

Gen Urobuchi is so overhyped and overrated.
He got 5146 member favorites on MAL while Osamu Tezuka got 1268 member favorites.

Those are the only old anime you`ve watched?
Votoms is one good realistic mecha anime, you should give it a shot.

Aldnoah.Zero is far the worst mecha anime i`ve ever watched, it was ruined by the script writer of Boku no Pico by adding unnecessary yaoi undertones between Inaho and Slaine.

Yes you should try Love Live a shot, why are you watching Cinderella Girls? that anime is the worst idol anime i`ve ever watched because the drama is horrible and cringeworthy, the original Idolm@ster is way better.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 14, 2015 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
It has to do with the social trend in Japan
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Sep 14, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2008
Locked.

Thread is essentially trolling and the pictures in the opening post are more than enough to indicate it. And if not trolling, very close to blogging and voicing an opinion bordering on insults. Sorry for not closing it down in time.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 3 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

114 by LeonhartAugust »»
2 minutes ago

» Birthday gifts!!!

Yonahim_Zz - 56 minutes ago

6 by Yonahim_Zz »»
4 minutes ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - 5 hours ago

13 by Catalano »»
11 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7188 by machy871 »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you think anime has ever negatively impacted someone's life?

tappioca - Yesterday

19 by TsutanaiFuun »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.