Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2009 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow there was a lot revealed this episode - in various ways..

Most of us already had a feeling that Kaede would be a moderator, so no big surprise there. I was however surprised that Natsuru would really switch sides and help defeat his comrades.
The final fight was a little strange, with the colourful Kämpfers developing not only battle auras, but also a tendency to lose clothing and everything accompanied by Schillers "An die Freude" in horrible german and cheap music. where is the quality?
aeroDec 10, 2009 9:55 PM
Dec 10, 2009 4:13 PM

Dec 2009
*sigh...* Disappointing ending. I wanted them to die!
Well, I'll just wait a day for the english subs to come out and see exactly what happened.

Also, in the Symphony 9 kampfer edition, did they say "eugepae?" isn't that latin for "Hooray?"
edit: That's not the only latin I hear...
OpenSkateDec 10, 2009 5:58 PM
Dec 10, 2009 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one that actually liked just how ridiculous this episode was. Sure it made no sense and could have been so much more, but I liked it.

Also, one more episode......

But why in the end credits will the stuffed animals possess the characters O_o
Dec 10, 2009 5:48 PM

Oct 2009
I am getting depressed right now because of the recent episode of Kiddy and Girl (if anyone understand when your favorite people are not in the serie anymore maybe you will understand me) but I think this episode was the best in fighting. Smart to put fan service in middle fight, wrong to pause it just to see it....ruins a little the flow of the video. Mikoto transformation...similar to Akane but like it as much. More to follow...... 10 hours later Ok I am back better than before here is what I think about the burnt lion explanation: Aliens, aliens have 2 races (blue and red or just 2 races), Alien race is female and they are all warriors that can use weapons that are only for them, aliens use their males only to reproduce and is why Sakura thinks men are useless, aliens made deal between themselves that if one team wins the race is to die itself, Sakura does not like the whole male thing of Natsuru because if it works out aliens might agree none shall die and to cooperate...that might be a problem to those who made (moderators) the deal first and they might be killed by both races for being not needed anymore and it could be contrary that both races fight each other and kill themselves all together. Tamiko, Shizuku's sempai story was sad. I hate Sakura for killing her or making another Kampfer kill her since it was a blue Kampfer Sakura must have controlled her. Overall best action episode. My favorite was to imagine myself being Natsuru here and getting those kisses, I liked most Mikoto kissing Natsuru.....I like childhood friends becoming lovers:
I shat in my pants again (not really but it means got scared at Sakura's eye change...it's now gold and she can also make any of the three weapons appear without a bracelet so that tells me she is a Moderator
Bet you missed this too....Astrological signs at Mikoto transformation and I like her transformation as much as Akane's. I still wonder what the astrological sign mean other than alien connection and space...
Wasabi said:
What the fuck was with the singing and the retarded upgrades?
Yeah seriously how retarded can this part be other than a juicy fan service with the girls....
francismeunierDec 11, 2009 4:43 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 10, 2009 5:55 PM

Dec 2009
KillerYandere said:

The preview?
That episode will be funny... XD
it looks like.
Dec 10, 2009 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
OpenSkate said:
KillerYandere said:

The preview?
That episode will be funny... XD
it looks like.

True
Dec 10, 2009 7:37 PM

Dec 2009
Damn, I can't figure out if I like Mikoto or Akane better anymore. Both are awesome. There better be a season 2... 12 episodes aren't enough. It's too good. Or at least a spin-off [that's acually good for a change]. Also, for those who speak Japanese, can someone summarize the Ep. 12 preview? I wanna know.
Dec 10, 2009 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
OpenSkate said:
Damn, I can't figure out if I like Mikoto or Akane better anymore. Both are awesome. There better be a season 2... 12 episodes aren't enough. It's too good. Or at least a spin-off [that's acually good for a change]. Also, for those who speak Japanese, can someone summarize the Ep. 12 preview? I wanna know.

Well, the way Kaede and the White Kampfers leapt off, defeated but alive could potentially mean there might be a second season down the road
Dec 10, 2009 8:11 PM
Oct 2009
So .... the 3 girls went super kampfer after hearing natsuru's words when he refused to listen to sakura's orders? lol ... I need to go back to learning japanese >_>, but I kind of heard something about him confessing (is that still a confession with these circumstances) to sakura but choosing shizuku, akane and mikoto instead.
Dec 10, 2009 8:44 PM

Feb 2009
gg subs are out...downloading...
Dec 10, 2009 9:05 PM

Nov 2009
hmm from the preview of ep 12, it seems that ep is more like an OVA or something like that, so it means this ep 11 is the actual real ending of the series? at least maybe the ending of season 1?
Dec 10, 2009 9:26 PM
Dec 2009
well from what i know/read the manga isn't done. i mean so far what happens after the school festival in the anime hasn't happened in the manga as it isnt that far yet.

so i think this was more or less a stop gap to wait for the manga to actually finish, so theres a chance that a season 2 will exist after all is said and done. and yea episode 12 looks like a blast heh

you gotta admit though the fights at the end was a bit on the corny side but they satisfied to an extent.
Dec 10, 2009 9:49 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, this was one terrible show. What the fuck was with the singing and the retarded upgrades? Well I expected a no-end since the manga isn't even finished yet but seriously, Shizuku already got this in the bag.
Dec 10, 2009 9:50 PM

Dec 2008
everything up until the cheesy fight was good
lol they were overflowing with so much power their clothes couldnt contain it
SyllenDec 10, 2009 9:57 PM
Dec 10, 2009 10:11 PM

Feb 2008
Wasabi said:
Wow, this was one terrible show. What the fuck was with the singing and the retarded upgrades? Well I expected a no-end since the manga isn't even finished yet but seriously, Shizuku already got this in the bag.

QFT, but in an awesome way lol
Dec 10, 2009 10:13 PM

Mar 2009
so.....to kampfer.... less clothes = more power!!!
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Dec 10, 2009 10:26 PM

Apr 2008
So... that's it? No more Shizuku? ;_;

I was really expecting more development on the romance part.
Dec 10, 2009 10:30 PM

Dec 2008
probably one of the worse endings i've seen in a while
Dec 10, 2009 10:36 PM
Nov 2009
I am really disappointed!!!
This episode is worser than 9 and 10.
I waited for this ep so long, but...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I want to kill the producer!!!!
Just kidding...I still have hope...ep 12
Dec 10, 2009 10:38 PM

Oct 2008
Huh that was the end? Was kind of funny how blue/red beat the white kampfer in a second in this episode for no real reason when they had some trouble with them in the past.

This show actually got decently interesting near the end of the season and it was a nice twist that the girl the main character is madly in love with is actually an evil man hater, but instead of building off that, they kind of just ended suddenly and most disappointingly.

Pretty obvious attempt for a 2nd season as we still don't know what the hell Kaede is. I wish they would have cut out a few of the school life episodes and replaced them with more plot based ones. Sadly it seems doubtful this will get a second season. While it wasn't a great show, it was decent enough that i'd like to see some method in its madness.
Dec 10, 2009 10:59 PM

May 2009
LOL, so much cheese. I could imagine how upset people would be if they were expecting something serious and got this ridiculous episode instead. Still, it was good for some laughs. And I can't argue with Natsuru's math: 3 girls + being able to retain some shred of manhood > being a slave to a man-hating girl. Easy call.
Dec 10, 2009 11:12 PM
Dec 2009
This felt to me like an "AWWW FUCK IT" episode. where the writers simply thought "let's just get this out and see how pissed we can get our viewers.

Shizuku was so hawt, though.

In the end, Natsuru fell in love with the moon itself. OH HE HAS SUCH GOOD TASTE. what a faggot.
Dec 10, 2009 11:14 PM
Jun 2009
I liked this episode. i kinda wish the show had had a lot more plot driven episodes and a tad less fan service but whatever.
Dec 10, 2009 11:28 PM

Nov 2007
hahahahahahahah that was so much more ridiculous than I could have imagined. I just could not stop laughing from when the power up started to the end of the fight it was so wonderfully dumb. This whole show was comically bad, I was thoroughly entertained... one special to go.
Dec 10, 2009 11:35 PM

Aug 2008
So there's only one real important thing here: Kaede is evil.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2009 11:44 PM
Dec 2008
Aside from the fact that I needed to mute down when the singing started, everything was still OK I guess. Definitely entertained me until the end ^^

My favorite scene:

Almost died from laughter
Dec 10, 2009 11:54 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Ending was great. I wish I was Natsuru. :P

Dec 11, 2009 12:02 AM

Sep 2008
Song as absolutely hilarious. I wonder where they come up with such nonsense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2009 12:02 AM

Sep 2009
the episode is rushed and they pretty much killed the series with the last 6 mins of it and as for the preview... that thing reminds me of an OVA instead of an actaul episode
up to 14 mins it was pretty good then it was like they couldnt connect anything... and the choice stay girl or stay a guy would decide who looses and who wins... yea thats still doesnt make sense imo its nto like natsuru did anything to make him/her that important
Dec 11, 2009 12:03 AM

Aug 2007
OftheFlesh said:

My favorite scene:

Almost died from laughter

My jaws fell off when I saw that, and realized i could barely laugh. X3

Anyways, I doubt there would be a season two... so we're left with a cliffhanger again.. like always

I'm not a manga person but I'll start reading the manga for this one just because a sequel is almost impossible.

I do not really care where Natsuru ends up with because its a harem anime after all but the cliffhanger that i was talking about is:
Dec 11, 2009 12:03 AM

Jun 2008
OpenSkate said:
Also, in the Symphony 9 kampfer edition, did they say "eugepae?" isn't that latin for "Hooray?"
edit: That's not the only latin I hear...
The text is German through and through.
But it's understandable you are hearing things, because the singers really suck at what they are doing.
deufo said:
After all it's a harem show. He won't be coupled with anyone. But i second that emotion.
Dec 11, 2009 12:36 AM

May 2008
Wtf was all that about.
Natsuru is an idiot,'' sakura sakura'
bah and that transformation lol with the three of them was quiet out of nowhere.
anyway i was rooting all along for shizuku, but i doubt natsuru will realise anything.'
Dec 11, 2009 12:40 AM

May 2008
deufo said:

Same was also hoping for this.
Naab @$$ Harem ending.
He should have ended with Shizuku... xD
Dec 11, 2009 12:45 AM

Jul 2009
AHHAHAHAHAH that was so bad oh my god.

It was so bad, but this ep? It takes the cake. Oh god. How stupid could they get.