Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2009 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alex Louis Armstrong in my Haruka made this episode great.

Well everything goes just as planned, but I kept having flashbacks of a certai"sn manga. I'd really like to know Haruka's reactions during her training though, rather than just focusing on Yuuto.

Highlight was Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club... which one was Mamiko Noto; I kept scouring the screen for her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2009 4:36 PM

Nov 2008
The only thing I really disliked aside from the obvious plot is that Yuuto is too much a wimp or just not a real man.

I was pissed when he actually got the drink for her. Really? Would anyone still do it? Also, I wouldn't agree to STAY AWAY from my GF if some lady told me too, despite the circumstances. Yuuto should be like, "Does Yuuto have to slap a bitch? Who the hell do you think you are?!" And then act dramatic and accept his loss. Then I might respect him more.
Maximatum99Dec 7, 2009 5:06 PM
Dec 7, 2009 6:35 PM

Jun 2007
The women suckering Haruka in deserve to get slashed by Haruka's father's sword. I really hope they don't end this season with a cliff hanger.

I agree with Maximatum, Yuuto is an idiot. If Haruka knew she was going to be an idol she would have told him as soon as she found out. He should know this by now. Second, his stuttering voice is getting on my nerves. Man up and say what you want to say jeez.

I'm pretty sure Haruka's family will help Yuuto save her if something really bad happens.
Dec 7, 2009 6:41 PM
May 2009
Agreed, Yuuto is a dense, clueless, wimpy idiot. I don't think anyone else would have dropped their book upon discovery that their girlfriend is being turned into idols against her will (I mean...come on, didn't he think about NOT being seen? Why does he trust them that much anyway, after hearing what Miran said?). The only thing he does well is say his "PIGII!!!"

Prediction: Next week, Yuuto's going to stay away from Haruka, they're both going to really sad, then they're going to make up (and make out [?]) at the very end (perhaps the final episode). ...Yeah.
Dec 7, 2009 6:59 PM

Sep 2008
asdf1248 said:
Why does he trust them that much anyway, after hearing what Miran said?)
I believe Yuuto trusted them because Haruka trusted them and agreed to do the auditions herself, so he probably wants to support her decision 100%.

Because Yuuto is an idiot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2009 7:09 PM

Feb 2009
Agreed.

Yuuto is an idiot. He is very dense when it comes to the relationship stuff. Not only for Haruka, but also for other girls in the series including Shiina and Mika as well.

He never learns from previous mistakes. That's why his relationship with Haruka is not going anywhere. But I guess the author of the light novelr and the anime studio may like it this way so they will have more than enough materials for the season 3.
Dec 7, 2009 7:21 PM
Oct 2009
Mika should give Yuuto lessons on how to stop being so stupid/dense/wimp rather than how to have a good valentine's day. That will come as a side effect.
Dec 7, 2009 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
porsche said:
But I guess the author of the light novelr and the anime studio may like it this way so they will have more than enough materials for the season 3.

Season 3? Yeah... that ain't gonna happen for multiple reasons.
Dec 7, 2009 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
Eek... you guys are ripping on him too much.... I think he will be fine because for some weird reason he's going to step up... Just something is going to push him over the edge... this might be it...
Dec 7, 2009 8:51 PM

Jan 2009
I doubt will see a cliffhanger. There's not enough material left unless they do anime original...

As to Yuuto and Haruka's situation, it has to happen. Separation for an episode or two is almost a given. The other girls take a shot at Yuuto. Then he's somehow made to realize that he's being an idiot. (By the Maid Team no less w/Mika) Then the two reunite in the last episode with gumdrops falling from the sky. Nothing bad is going to happen. This is not a serious show, it's very lighthearted. Which is why I like it, even with some characters who are extremely dense...
Dec 7, 2009 9:14 PM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
certai"sn manga.

Yeah... last anime i watched was I"s Pure so i was really disappointed by the unoriginality of this episode.
Dec 7, 2009 9:59 PM

Jul 2007
well the rest of the episodes is predictable. Kinda disappointed in this season. 1st season was a lot better. Had a better story to back it up. This season was kinda all over the place
Dec 7, 2009 11:06 PM

Mar 2009
Well.. I'm happy they cut back on the service.

It's predictable, but I'm curious as to how Yuuto will solve this problem!
Dec 7, 2009 11:44 PM

Dec 2007
Honestly, I forsaw this coming at least 3-4 episodes ago. Predictable, and poor storyline altogether. The 1st season was already average. This season is crap, and it's probably also the worst anime of the fall 2009 season. Total bullcrap.
Dec 8, 2009 12:12 AM

Sep 2008
HalberdierRetsel said:
Honestly, I forsaw this coming at least 3-4 episodes ago. Predictable, and poor storyline altogether. The 1st season was already average. This season is crap, and it's probably also the worst anime of the fall 2009 season. Total bullcrap.
Shugo Chara Party would like to have a word with you.
Dec 8, 2009 12:13 AM

Nov 2008
HalberdierRetsel said:
The 1st season was already average. This season is crap, and it's probably also the worst anime of the fall 2009 season. Total bullcrap.

How about Miracle train? Never watched since it's bishounen but the ratings are horrible.
Dec 8, 2009 1:28 AM

Jul 2009
Lol Yuuto got bashed pretty much right now..ah c'mon we already now Yuuto is like that..

*sigh*

Still i must agree that Yuuto is an idiot XD
Dec 8, 2009 1:54 AM

Sep 2009
I find this whole forced idol thing stupid.....and Yuuto is too. I hope we get past this stuff soon so we can get to more development for Haruka and Yuuto.

I thought Yuuto's voice acting was funny though.
Dec 8, 2009 2:16 AM

Dec 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
HalberdierRetsel said:
Shugo Chara Party would like to have a word with you.

Right sorry, my bad. Shugo Chara got so bad last season, I can't even bear to watch it anymore.
Dec 8, 2009 2:22 AM
Oct 2007
Yuuto is the only one of his kind, seriously, and in a bad way too. I can't stand the guy. He has no idea how to say no and it bugs me. Complying with everything does not help the world go round, stupid Yuuto. I was cringing the whole episode, and because the plot is really bad too. Forced is definitely the word to describe it. I'm utterly disappointed in this season.
Dec 8, 2009 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
this is too obvious its almost sickening.
Dec 8, 2009 5:50 AM

Nov 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

No one forces you to watch so dont.
Dec 8, 2009 6:11 AM

Oct 2009
Ok this episode officially marked Kayahara with hate for me. I was neutral and now I hate her. To do that to Yuuto and tricking Haruka is not acceptable to me. It's like someone on the farm told me of way to do things only to ruin me because I was too stupid to realize it was the wrong way while that person gets all the benefits of his own success. Guess in this episode Yuuto shines as a manager of Milan Himemiya. Of course the best would be if Yuuto's manager skills beat the ones of Kayahara and makes Haruka bad enough to fail as a idol. That would be a good thing for her to quit the idol business and leave the spot to Milan. Personally it would be great for Gento to throw his army at Kayahara but it might not happen. The focus is Milan Himemiya and her fan service is quite a nice one here=>
Now we all know as males what does makes us think of...I mean a chocolate banana and Alistia....right
Something creative.....
Hate+anger
V
How dare does Kayahara do this to Yuuto, to lie, to deceive and being so selfish on her own success with Nozomi. Overall I hope she gets what she should deserve.
kisami said:
this is too obvious its almost sickening.
Exactly so who says Kayahara must be punished by someone? Me only?
DeathfireD said:
The women suckering Haruka in deserve to get slashed by Haruka's father's sword. I really hope they don't end this season with a cliff hanger.

Shall we say to do this DeathfireD, friend------>

DeathfireD said:
I agree with Maximatum, Yuuto is an idiot. If Haruka knew she was going to be an idol she would have told him as soon as she found out. He should know this by now. Second, his stuttering voice is getting on my nerves. Man up and say what you want to say jeez.

Hold on....I know Kayahara's lies were obvious but she deceived pretty well, Yuuto was more naive than stupid but his stupidity does come from his being too nice to women in general. I found something interesting about him in episode 8=>

DeathfireD said:
I'm pretty sure Haruka's family will help Yuuto save her if something really bad happens.
Maybe also Milan but Yuuto can ruin Kayahara if he performs better as a manager.....
Maximatum99 said:
The only thing I really disliked aside from the obvious plot is that Yuuto is too much a wimp or just not a real man.

In episode 8 he is known as useless. So that should say a lot. He does need to man up but what will motivate him in the end?
Maximatum99 said:
I was pissed when he actually got the drink for her. Really? Would anyone still do it? Also, I wouldn't agree to STAY AWAY from my GF if some lady told me too, despite the circumstances.
Agreed but getting a drink for a lady is a gentleman's honor but Milan was kind of rude the way she asked so I understand.
Maximatum99 said:
Yuuto should be like, "Does Yuuto have to slap a bitch? Who the hell do you think you are?!" And then act dramatic and accept his loss. Then I might respect him more.
Yes, would respect him more if he slapped Kayahara.....
HawthorneKitty said:
asdf1248 said:
Why does he trust them that much anyway, after hearing what Miran said?)
I believe Yuuto trusted them because Haruka trusted them and agreed to do the auditions herself, so he probably wants to support her decision 100%.

Because Yuuto is an idiot.

Exaclty....Yuuto is a big idiot who should just take Haruka and tell her that she is being deceived by Kayahara in the next episode.
Laevantein said:
Lol Yuuto got bashed pretty much right now..ah c'mon we already now Yuuto is like that..

*sigh*

Still i must agree that Yuuto is an idiot XD

Another agreement of Yuuto being a idiot...maybe should be more moron.
francismeunierDec 8, 2009 6:49 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 8, 2009 7:47 AM

Dec 2007
Hembe said:

No one asked for your comment either. You don't see anyone else complain about it. Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to be a jackass about it. It's a DISCUSSION. -.-''
Dec 8, 2009 9:00 AM

Nov 2008
Just what kind of practice is this? xD

When you get a chance to look, you just have to take it, lol

Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Dec 8, 2009 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
HalberdierRetsel said:
Hembe said:

No one asked for your comment either. You don't see anyone else complain about it. Just because you don't agree doesn't give you the right to be a jackass about it. It's a DISCUSSION. -.-''

BOOM HEADSHOT!
Dec 8, 2009 11:07 AM

Jan 2008
Finally that pansy Yuuto gets the big picture...I think; that's if he's still not being a yes man. And only 2 more episodes left...and they give us this shit!? ...3rd season is drifting farther away....for good measure too because it'll only waste resources if it's going to continue at this pace.

Don't those makers think they can get our forgiveness just with a couple of fan service shots with lousy plot.
Dec 8, 2009 12:50 PM
Sep 2009
Seriously ... Yuuto got no balls and this episode proves it. bein yelled at, deliver a coke like a dog and no complains or a slap (that wanabe-idol-bitch deserve it) o.0
Dec 8, 2009 3:30 PM

Oct 2007
At the begining of season 2, I secretly prayed: "Please God, don't turn this show into a Haruka-Yuuto-Shina love triangle-series...or at least not too much"...but after ep10, I take back my words...it'll be way better with that kind of storyline...sigh...
To think that the first 8 episodes were quite entertaining for me...I know they were just separated episodes without too much connection, but I liked that,and it was worth to waste half an hour for it every week...so I can't understad why did they put this "idol-maker" nonsense in the "plot"-not to mention that the outcome is already crystal clear(at least 4 me, 'cause i seriously doubt that they gonna surpirse us with an unexpected ending) since the end of episode 9...
Dec 8, 2009 5:00 PM

Nov 2007
Haruka is about to become an idol. Yuuto would have to be happy for her.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 8, 2009 6:17 PM

Sep 2008
Loved the first 8 episodes as well. Then came the "idol" part and yah... The whole annoying as hell manager trying to break up the relationship / tell the guy to stay away from the girl to "help" the girl (more like help the manager)... Here's hoping they finish this arc in 1 episode only so the last one is good :P
Dec 8, 2009 8:35 PM

May 2008
summeryI mean things to fix...sort of.
1.Yuuto is an idiot for not saying anything...even though he did a good job as a manager.
2.Kayahara is a pain since last episode...but now she just had to mess with Haruka and Yuuto...

I see Swords in the next episode...which is a good sign.
Dec 8, 2009 11:11 PM
May 2009
TechDragon said:
I see Swords in the next episode...which is a good sign.

Nogizaka Daddy 'gonna go slice-slice-slice.
Dec 9, 2009 4:11 AM
Nov 2009
DAMNNNN BITCHES BE CRAZYYYYYYY
Dec 9, 2009 5:06 AM

Jul 2009
Since when Yuuto became Miran manager? Ridiculous...
Oh, now this show became like White Album with the manipulative manager Yayoi (LOL) & she wanted Yuuto to stay away from Haruka!What the hell is this,say something Yuuto,protect your girl dammit...
Dec 9, 2009 6:24 AM

Nov 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Highlight was Nocturne Girl's School Lacrosse Club...

My very intelligent comment on this week's episode: Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh. OH!.. Nahhhbluh.
Dec 9, 2009 8:28 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
Since when Yuuto became Miran manager? Ridiculous...
Oh, now this show became like White Album with the manipulative manager Yayoi (LOL) & she wanted Yuuto to stay away from Haruka!What the hell is this,say something Yuuto,protect your girl dammit...
rofl I though about this White Album thing too.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 9, 2009 9:22 AM

Oct 2008
The idol arc is pretty weak.

It is so extremely obvious that the idol agency is trying to take advantage of them and the two requests at the end of the episode were so unbelievable. Haruka knows about it and has agreed to become a real idol, but she doesn't know the audition is actually a fake so yuuto shouldn't tell her? come on...

I was also pissed when he didn't show a backbone and speak up when she told him to his face he should stay away from her. to top it off, it seems like she told him on valentine's day!

I've really liked this series up until this arc, but this is quite annoying now.
Dec 9, 2009 2:43 PM

Aug 2007
I wonder if they'll ever start making shonen/romance anime or manga where the male lead isn't some kind of worthless idiot and a failure as a man :\

Even if I really hate Makoto from School Days, even he was better than Yuuto '-_-
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Dec 9, 2009 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
While I agree with everyone that Yuuto is a useless idiot, I don't get why everyone bashes this arc more than they did with season 1. I mean, that blondie in season 1 was so predictable and lame, far more lame than this idol arc. Anyways, I was pretty upset that Yuuto didn't realize anything for so long. Even if I was in Yuuto's shoes and not in the eyes of the viewer, I would have known something was wrong right away when the two women kept trying to get Haruka to join despite the fact that they claim it was an "accident". I just couldn't believe Yuuto is that dumb. Nonetheless, I actually somewhat appreciate this arc (despite being predictable), because people like Kayahara actually exist in this world; people who would do anything for their jobs, even if it means to deceive other people and ruin their relationships (and I'm sure there are plenty of these kinds of bastards and bitches in this world). The blondie from last season's sudden twist, was so ridiculously exaggerated and one-dimensional that I had little interest in him.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 9, 2009 8:49 PM

May 2009
Can it even be called manipulation if the victim so readily buys into the crap that's being fed to him?? Grow some up there and down there, Yuuto. Sigh.
Dec 9, 2009 8:56 PM

Dec 2007
I'll be frank, the blondie arc from last season sucked too, but that's not why I disliked this season far more. Last season we saw the relationship between Yuuto and Haruka reach a certain level, and it was that relationship that kept the anime decent. This season, Yuuto had "flings" with Mika, the maids, the Rie Kugumiya character, Shiina and the idol. Where's the focus? How is this Nigizaka Haruka's Secret, when she has no secret left? heck, is she even the main character anymore? I can't remember hte last time she was hte focus of an episode. Remember, even this episode was focused on Yuuto, not Haruka. It's quite a disaster, really.
Dec 10, 2009 2:44 AM

May 2009
I think both Yuuto and Haruka need to get their act together a bit more. Yuuto may be quite naive, but Haruka is in no way better if she can't see that this is just a scheme to drive her and Yuuto apart.

And if Milan knew about this in advance, why didn't she tell him when they were in the car? It was very obvious she knew more about it than he did, yet she decided to stay silent, even though she made clear that she and her (former) manager weren't on good terms as it is. It's almost as if she's supposed to become Haruka's replacement.

The season is probably going to end well, but I still think Yuuto could've done more to develop his relationship with Haruka faster and really go all out. She could've been pregnant with his child by now if he stopped being such a gullible fool, that would've been quite a 'secret' to keep from others I'd say.
Dec 10, 2009 7:30 AM

Oct 2009
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

This season has made me so angry.

How likely is it that the Nogizaka maids aren't going to be around?? They spend the whole time spying on Haruka and Yuuto and now they're just oblivious to this deception going on??
Stupid.

Yuuto.
Stuuuupid.
Dec 10, 2009 9:53 AM

Nov 2008
AO968 said:
The season is probably going to end well, but I still think Yuuto could've done more to develop his relationship with Haruka faster and really go all out. She could've been pregnant with his child by now if he stopped being such a gullible fool, that would've been quite a 'secret' to keep from others I'd say.

Perhaps an awesome "School Days" twist? Instant fav, baby.
Dec 10, 2009 11:03 AM

Aug 2008
AO968 said:

And if Milan knew about this in advance, why didn't she tell him when they were in the car? It was very obvious she knew more about it than he did, yet she decided to stay silent, even though she made clear that she and her (former) manager weren't on good terms as it is. It's almost as if she's supposed to become Haruka's replacement.

Nice catch, I didn't see this before. Perhaps Milan is tired of her role as the idol everybody wants (and has to go out with disguises) and wants someone else to take her spot instead?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 10, 2009 11:06 AM

Jul 2009
guyklc said:
AO968 said:

Nice catch, I didn't see this before. Perhaps Milan is tired of her role as the idol everybody wants (and has to go out with disguises) and wants someone else to take her spot instead?
Make sense..but what if Milan doesn't wanted to tell Yuuto, because if she said it..Yuuto will go to Haruka and left her, it seems Milan is quite comfortable with Yuuto around..stupid Yuuto
Dec 10, 2009 5:11 PM

Apr 2009
like some of the guys have previously said, this is turning into some white album minus all mature and realistic stuff and is going to be a good end with a little open end.. i don't like how this is turning out coz i know what's gonna happen now.. lol at the "PIGI!" though and all the seiyuu references.. haha.. darn this season.. i'm really sure now that i won't archive it unlike the first season..
Dec 10, 2009 10:58 PM

Dec 2007
I thought Yuuto will tell Haruka about idol thing, yet he didn't tell her. I guess I can tell that he is so idiot. I wonder how he is able to solve the problem.
Dec 13, 2009 4:18 AM
Feb 2009
This is madness... IMO they destroyed this Anime... it was unique, it was rational... Now it's crap cuz I expected much more from this position...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 5, 2009

102 by tmoverbeck »»
Apr 25, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 26, 2009

55 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 19, 2009

71 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Oct 12, 2009

58 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza Episode 8 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Nov 23, 2009

49 by degenerate-2002 »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.