Forum Settings
Forums

Do you appreciate it when people lie to you to make you feel better?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2013
incisorr said:
yeah well the truth is the truth regardless of how it is said

not my fault my family swears a lot and i do as well , in the end they want to be lied and sugarcoated

it's all in the approach man. ignorance is bliss in some cases, but if somebody is digging themselves deeper into a habit or something else troubling then they should know. there's no golden way to give someone the truth, it's all based on timing, finding the right ground to stand on, finding you and the person both in a more receptive state of mind.

some people are happy being lied to because it's all they've ever been given, so the truth can come as a mighty shock. you have to be prepared for that.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 2, 2015 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
I'd rather have someone be straight up and hurt my feelings than lie to try to protect my feelings or theirs. I consider honesty to be a positive trait and unfortunately, a lot of people don't seem to have it.
Jul 2, 2015 11:57 AM

Mar 2014
no it's only worse when you find out the truth
Jul 2, 2015 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
Am...am I beautiful?
Jul 2, 2015 4:47 PM

Jan 2015
lolatusenpai said:
I love it how everyone here pretends to be like this ideal noble citizen who would never dare to lie to a living soul and expect the same in return

So......much....angst.
But I can't deny there is some truth in that statement. People can't usually be trusted to mean exactly what they say, especially on the internet where you can be whoever you want and say whatever you want. Most people here probably enjoy being lied to/lying to others whether they realize and accept it or not. That being said, saying that "everyone" here is lying to themselves is a bit presumptuous. There are plenty of people who do not appreciate when people lie to them, regardless of intent. For instance, a lot of artists hate it when people are not honest about their work because it prevents them from improving.

Side Note: Not wanting to be lied to and not wanting to lie to others are not one and the same.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

22 by UncreatedSong »»
20 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

27 by Astachanna »»
41 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 9 hours ago

15 by RyuRabbit »»
1 hour ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

73 by 707supremacist »»
2 hours ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Apr 25

19 by Deyuko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.