Forum Settings
Forums
The Ghost in the Shell
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 20, 2015 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
(I hesitated between these forums and those of Innocence, but decided to go with these one).

So, since I finished about two years ago the two movies of GitS made by Oshii, I wondered about the possibility and the necessity of a third movie.
I still haven't watched all the GitS movies and series, but the two movies made by Oshii do seem special regarding the licence.

The first one was the first attempt to adapt the manga in anime, and it purged the manga of all the superfluous aspects to treat two questions: materialism and the mechanical philsophy (and more largely the determinism question). And it did it very well.

The second movie was in my opinion complementary of the first. If the first one was about the body, the second one was about the mind: all the movie was about the understanding and comprehension of the human soul.

All in all, those two films treated in two different ways a single element: the body, which in materialism is the same as the spirit/soul.

Now then comes the interrogation about a possible third movie. And here, the questions are numerous:

- Can it be made ? It has been a good eleven years since the release of Innocence; when I heard a few months ago about a new GitS movie, I immediately thought of an Arise movie, and wasn't wrong about this. Therefore, could a new Oshii movie be made in the present time, in regards to producers interests and audience interests ?

- Is there a necessity for a third movie, a closing one ? The first two took elements of the manga plot and used them for their own purpose, but a third movie that would be a conclusion would need a brand new scenario.

- What would it look like ? Which questions should be treated ? How ? To what end ?

So, what is your opinion regarding this subject ?
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"

More topics from this board

» How do you describe Motoko Kusanagi's dilemma?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 23

2 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

naikou - Jan 29, 2009

166 by notalai »»
Apr 8, 12:04 AM

» How bad are the Ghost in the Shell Blu Rays?

JiffyBone - Mar 12, 2018

8 by Seiidou »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:51 PM

» The Original Movie Was Better

Densel_ - Nov 13, 2022

10 by Densel_ »»
May 7, 2023 9:49 PM

» Canon story watch order?

WeebiBOY - Jan 21, 2023

4 by giffica »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.