Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2015 2:53 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The ultimate baddie is just a big tank?

It was still pretty fun to watch. Ital and Sahari finally hooked up at least.
Oct 15, 2018 6:59 AM

Jun 2013
A good 90's future adventure OVA.
Apr 17, 2021 6:10 AM

Aug 2017
Did Ayatolla just lead an entire town into a suicide attack? Where were the people supposed to evacuate? Peak tactics.

Not only was Sakuya stripped of her will, she was stripped of her clothes as well.

Some details were left unexplained (like Stars), but it was still a nice glimpse into the world of Gaiarth.
Apr 27, 2023 6:15 AM

Jan 2016
The whole time watching it I could only think about Phantasy Star (the classic ones) and how good an RPG at that time based on Gaiarth would have been (or an anime based on Phantasy Star, especially the IV)... the narrative is already very RPG-like: Event set hero on a quest, hero look for clues, arrive in new town, pick new party members, goes on to another quest, discover bigger schemes, get more clues about main quest line, arrive at new town, repeat...

Gaiarth is pretty silly overall and the characters are basic but even though first time I'm seeing this is now I felt very nostalgic about the whole thing and enjoyed a lot, but I'm fully aware it's because of this nostalgia factor else the 7/10 I gave would be a 4/10 or a 5/10 if I was in a good mood.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei Kishi Gaiarth Episode 1 Discussion

BurntJelly - Apr 26, 2015

3 by riiya »»
Feb 23, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Sousei Kishi Gaiarth Episode 2 Discussion

BurntJelly - Apr 27, 2015

1 by St0rmblade »»
Apr 16, 2021 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.