Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
So there is going to be a new Justice League animated series but it's going to be a short series (maybe only 3 episodes not too sure about that episode count though) that will tie into the new upcoming DC Direct to DVD animated movie Justice League : Gods and Monsters. The interesting thing about this new short series and the movie is that it will have the same artstyle as the DCAU cartoons ( Justice League/ Unlimited, Superman TAS etc.) and also Bruce Timm will be involved in their creation. Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman will be the main characters but not Bruce as Batman, Clark as Superman and Diana as Wonderwoman. This is an elseworld story so it's different versions of the trio. They all have different identities, Superman in this version is the son of Zod instead of Jor -El for example.

Sources : http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/17/new-animated-justice-league-digital-series-in-the-works

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/15/justice-league-gods-monsters-exclusive-trailer-debut

Trailer + interview with Bruce Timm

Damn a redhead Wonderwoman.

DrGeroCreationApr 18, 2015 2:53 PM
Apr 20, 2015 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, nobody else is hyped for this?
Apr 20, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
Bruce Timm?

hype

should be good.
Is that a vampire Batman?
Apr 20, 2015 7:52 PM

Oct 2014
Hype. Of course, hype and it's nice to see the old DCAU animation-style once again. I hope this means DC would go back to making shows that are on the same level as the DCAU not like that Teen Titans Go!
Apr 20, 2015 10:22 PM

Jan 2014
Bruce Timm certainly draws me in, but I can't say I'm very excited. DC needs to focus more on its other characters. Having one or all of the trinity in every movie is becoming tiring.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 21, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Malfegor said:

Is that a vampire Batman?
Yeah.

Khaosman said:
I hope this means DC would go back to making shows that are on the same level as the DCAU not like that Teen Titans Go!
They have always been doing that. Teen Titans Go is the only modern DC cartoon that is just a parody comedy.

RedRoseFring said:
DC needs to focus more on its other characters. Having one or all of the trinity in every movie is becoming tiring.
Well just this year we had Throne of Atlantis that strongly focused on Aquaman (Batman and Superman were like side characters in Throne of Atlantis). There is also a Vixen animated series coming up but I agree. I 'm hoping for an ATOM animated movie and a Question animated movie in the future.
Apr 21, 2015 1:48 PM

Sep 2013
Doesn't exactly look promising and the trailer doesn't get me excited in the slightest. Plus the new designs are odd.
Apr 21, 2015 2:24 PM

Oct 2010
I'll be looking forward to this I'm a total DC zealot. I wish they'd make an actual full series like the great Justice League Unlimited, maybe a reboot or something.

Anyways heres to the hype and our new Clark Kent Carlos Quinteros!
Apr 21, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

RedRoseFring said:
DC needs to focus more on its other characters. Having one or all of the trinity in every movie is becoming tiring.
Well just this year we had Throne of Atlantis that strongly focused on Aquaman (Batman and Superman were like side characters in Throne of Atlantis). There is also a Vixen animated series coming up but I agree. I 'm hoping for an ATOM animated movie and a Question animated movie in the future.

That's news to me. That would actually be good.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 21, 2015 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
RedRoseFring said:
DrGeroCreation said:

That's news to me. That would actually be good.
Here's the link http://screenrant.com/cw-vixen-tv-show-cartoon-arrow-flash/
Jun 6, 2015 3:33 PM

Aug 2013
New trailer. Harley looks crazier than ever.

Jun 6, 2015 11:13 PM

Oct 2014
DrGeroCreation said:
New trailer. Harley looks crazier than ever.

Yeeeep. Now, we're gonna see cosplays of THIS version of Harley.

Other than that, looking forward to the series and buying the movie.
Jun 12, 2015 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
Short but sweet. I'm hoping though that second season after the movie will have normal length episodes (20 minute or more long episodes). The Superman episode surprised me the most, I really didn't expect that. In the Batman episode I liked how psychotic Harley was portrayed instead of how she is typically portrayed as ditsy . It felt really weird for me though not seeing Batman use batarangs I really hope this alternate version does use batarangs at some point. I'm hopeful because it does look like he has something that resembles a utility belt on his costume. It actually looks similar to Terry's (Batman Beyond's) utility belt. When it comes to the Wonder Woman episode I liked how she can use the motherbox for really short range teleportation and it seems to me the motherbox is her
Jun 13, 2015 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
offmodel said:
I'm with you on this series, but I really wish we could see Timm get a crack at a new animated Batman movie for theatrical release. I'd give anything for another Mask of the Phantasm, the weird web series format just doesn't excite me quite as much.
I think in the foreseeable future he might do a direct to dvd animated movie for this Batman in order to flesh him out as a character or a movie where he probably teams up with DCAU (Kevin Conroy) Batman. I like the format. The first season (the 3 shorts) are to help advertise the movie by briefly introducing the new trio and show how different they are from the trio most people know, the movie will go into their backstories most likely and the second season after the movie will be like a normal series that will go deeper into how different this universe is .
Jul 14, 2015 2:25 AM

Aug 2013
Oh my God the movie was AMAZING!!! . Loved the action, loved the mystery, loved the backstories 9.5 /10. This may sound crazy but it would have been perfect if the movie ended on a cliffhanger and continued with the second season of the series. I never liked Superman but this Superman is the best character in the movie/series. Lex even though he's a good guy in this was also top notch . I really hope to see the second season expand on this alternate world and introduce more alternate characters.

More topics from this board

» godzilla minus one is one of the best sci-fi movie ever made!!11!!1

FruitPunchBaka - May 7

3 by TheMechaManiac »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7670 by 3miL »»
7 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3428 by 3miL »»
11 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - Apr 26

38 by scarydragon »»
Today, 5:12 AM

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

40 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 4:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.