Forum Settings
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie -Rebellion-
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 4, 2015 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
I got my blu ray from Right Stuf earlier than I expected and I just finished watching the movie dubbed. Thoughts below:

- I'm amazed that even though I've seen this movie so many times, there were many visual details I noticed because I didn't have to read the subs.
- Cristina Vee rises to the high bar set by Chiwa Saito and delivers the best performance of her career. - The rest of the cast also seem to have grown into their roles over the years. All spot on, including Nagisa's voice actress.
-Bebe's voice and Kyubey's "Kyuu" were very cute.
- The cake song had one or two awkward pauses because of the language issues, but overall stayed very true to the original lyrics and lived up to my expectations.
- In the scene after the cake song and Kyoko swing her arms, you can hear her saying "Uh huh, uh huh" in the background smile emoticon
- Sarah Williams is particularly great in the alleyway scene, nailing the more wise Sayaka of Rebellion.
- The flower scene is once again a highlight of the movie and both of their line reads are spot on.
- In the KyoSaya scene, Sayaka's a bit more explicit about her feelings than in the sub. "I missed you."
- One minor complaint is that instead of Homura saying "I won't hesitate anymore," when she and Madoka shoot the bow, she says "It's fine. I'm not afraid anymore."
- Cristina Vee nails Demon Homura (that's what they say in the dub). Her voice is dripping with creepy evil while not going too over the top.

I have on or two minor quibbles but overall an excellent dub for an excellent movie. Anyone else who's seen it should post their thoughts below.
Apr 11, 2015 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
I finished the movie with the English dubs just an hour ago. I really liked the English. Homura at the end sounded so sinister and evil. Good job, Cristina. I also loved Kyoko's English voice. She killed it.

I got no beef with it.
destructo22Apr 11, 2015 10:08 PM
Apr 12, 2015 11:20 PM
Jun 2013
I think the show had the best dub I've ever heard, but the movie was even better. Cristina Vee deserves an Oscar.
Apr 16, 2015 9:33 PM

Apr 2014
Cristina Vee is amazing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dimasmw - Oct 27, 2013

1042 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

» Madoka Magica Rebellion is a masterpiece ( 1 2 )

JezzaC - Jan 28, 2021

65 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 16, 2023 7:00 AM

» State your opinion: Did Homura REALLY do nothing wrong?

StanSayakaMiki77 - Apr 17, 2023

19 by APolygons2 »»
Jul 18, 2023 5:23 PM

» Explaining the final twist

APolygons2 - Oct 19, 2022

45 by ScionOfCyan »»
Jan 30, 2023 7:28 PM

» Plot Holes? What exactly happened between.... (movie spoilers)

Rob7 - Sep 24, 2022

18 by APolygons2 »»
Oct 19, 2022 6:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.