Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) « First ... « 23 24 [25]
Dec 17, 2023 1:49 AM
Jul 2018
I AM REALlyt crying whyy whyyy This is why life is not fair. Kaori liked Arima Kousei but she failed to tell her directly. at least the letter told him her real feelings. Goddamn, I learned a lesson. Take your chance while you still have it. She must have told her feelings about Arima Kousei. Take it or miss it. 9/10 anime
Dec 17, 2023 11:39 AM
May 2022
Its the definition of a perfect finally. The presentation, the music, the thoughts of Kosei, the letter, the message and the final photo. Nothing more to add than thank you.
Dec 30, 2023 9:54 AM

May 2015
This end was heartripping... so much feeling anime.

"Sorry, and thank you !"
Jan 16, 7:25 PM
Jul 2023
dont talk to me about it
Feb 7, 10:16 PM
May 2020
I have cried so much in my life over a work of fiction
Feb 17, 7:06 AM
Nov 2022
i have depression now
Mar 10, 12:10 AM
Feb 2024
blegh

Felt scammed.
Mar 23, 4:33 AM
Nov 2023
This anime is a masterpiece and I will remember it as one of my favourite anime that made me cry. I initially hoped that kao would survive despite seeing the meds and all the other warning signs. Even if it is depressing, some part of me is happy that it ended like this in a grounded more realistic way and how arima would remember the memories he shared with kao rather than getting depressed. This was the prefect ending and epsiode and I also liked the nice touch of adding the first ending song at the end. The reveal of the lie caught me off guard and kao's letter was one of my favourite anime moments of all time.
Mar 30, 11:36 PM
May 2022
Is the lie in april the friends we made along the way?
Apr 3, 12:45 PM
Dec 2022
Man the ending sure made me cry
Spiele_maus - Vocaloid, Anime & Manga Otaku

Hatsune Miku is my life! <3

Apr 4, 1:51 AM
Mar 2024
Ok PLEASE don't take me wrong, but this anime was way too overhyped. I loved it, but it could have been put in a 13 episode anime. too many fillers. I'm not saying that the piano playing bored me. not at all. but the feelings of kousei was too overlooked. I stopped feeling sorry for any of them by that time
Apr 5, 6:25 PM
Apr 2021
Nothing. Beauty. I have never cried to an anime, but this brought me to tears. I play violin myself and this has inspired me to become the best player I can possibly be. Thank you for that lie.
Apr 10, 4:32 AM

Jul 2023
It was a beautiful performance but a bittersweet ending. The imagery of Kaori disappearing and waves of light coming out of her torso makes it appear that she lost a lot of blood during the failed surgery.

Anyway, they did not dwell on her death, and this did not make me so emotional.

On the contrary, it made me hopeful as all the necessary character growth for Arima took place.

It reminds me of why I liked the kdrama 'Uncontrollably Fond.' The main character is similar to Kaori, and that he chose to make the most of whatever days remained in his life.

Your Lie on April is supposed to be sad but ironically it's emotionally satisfying.

Kaori confessed in the letter that not only does she like him but she had always liked him right when they were children. So both she and Emi liked him since they were young, and both saw him at that particular performance.

Anyway, Tsubaki, you were the last on the frame, but I still won't root for you. Either it's Emi or that cute little girl, Nagi.
patkarununganApr 23, 4:42 PM
Apr 16, 9:07 PM
Jul 2023
I can't describe what I'm feeling after watching this last episode, without a doubt this series has exceeded my expectations and has shattered and moved my heart at the same time. It lasts 22 episodes but it hurts a lifetime. Kaori, your lie in April was the most beautiful thing you could have done. I certainly won't forget this series, especially how it made me feel. All I can say is thank you. Truly, thank you.

Apr 28, 9:29 PM
Feb 2023
Wow, honestly I'm at a loss for words right now and I feel like a wreck internally. The ending really threw my heart for a turn.
May 5, 12:24 PM
Mar 2024
just one word : perfection
May 11, 12:06 PM
May 2021
I Cried a lot, love it
May 23, 9:06 AM
Jan 2024
Should have fleshed out the characters more especially the side characters like his close friends, made them feel like npcs and irrelevant to the storyline and the ending just happened, felt rushed. The romance part took 22 episodes asw, too messy and the whole anime felt repetitive with the same competitors throughout the anime to the point that it felt boring
Jun 19, 7:05 AM

Apr 2021
What a cruel joke for the writers to give us false hope with that surgery, then have it end like that.

The anime was ok, all over the place and too dramatic at times, but the music was awesome.
Just wish they would've let the music speak, instead of talking over it.

Then we don't even see the audience reaction to his last performance, that wasn't good.

I was hoping for a better outcome.
I'm disappointed really.

Especially that neither one of them told each other that they loved the other while there was time.

I am glad she finally told him in a letter, but that feels poorly written.

My ending....

On the roof while it snowed, her falling into his arms crying, them embracing each other.
Her telling him, "Don't leave me all alone!"
Him telling her, "Never, I love you, and I will always be by your side."
Her telling him, "Then stop looking down, whenever you play the piano, think of me, and how we are together in each other's arms. Because I love you too."
Him, "I will always remember you and the precious time we had together. Thank you."
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 17, 11:30 PM

Feb 2014
Reply to ejleon
What a cruel joke for the writers to give us false hope with that surgery, then have it end like that.

The anime was ok, all over the place and too dramatic at times, but the music was awesome.
Just wish they would've let the music speak, instead of talking over it.

Then we don't even see the audience reaction to his last performance, that wasn't good.

I was hoping for a better outcome.
I'm disappointed really.

Especially that neither one of them told each other that they loved the other while there was time.

I am glad she finally told him in a letter, but that feels poorly written.

My ending....

On the roof while it snowed, her falling into his arms crying, them embracing each other.
Her telling him, "Don't leave me all alone!"
Her telling him, "Then stop looking down, whenever you play the piano, think of me, and how we are together in each other's arms. Because I love you too."
Him, "I will always remember you and the precious time we had together. Thank you."
@ejleon
ejleon said:

Because it didn't matter what the audience thought. He was performing for Kaori, not them.

ejleon said:

Because they didn't need to. They knew it already. And Kousei already told her in a way during that fireflies scene.

ejleon said:

Nah, that would be pretty cheesy. When people actually love each other, they don't need to spell everything out like it's some shoujo manga. What they had was beyond just a typical romantic love.

Edit: Man, I still can't get used to this weird replying system MAL has now.
Jul 18, 11:20 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Vhailor
@ejleon
ejleon said:

Because it didn't matter what the audience thought. He was performing for Kaori, not them.

ejleon said:

Because they didn't need to. They knew it already. And Kousei already told her in a way during that fireflies scene.

ejleon said:

Nah, that would be pretty cheesy. When people actually love each other, they don't need to spell everything out like it's some shoujo manga. What they had was beyond just a typical romantic love.

Edit: Man, I still can't get used to this weird replying system MAL has now.
@Vhailor

Think about that first performance, she was happy about the audience’s response to how they played together, especially after he refused to play for so long, so if the audience loved how he played at the end, then she would be happy, because he was able to find his musical voice once again.

Neither one made it clear and she never told him until the end in a letter, that’s what I’m talking about. They couldn’t be honest and direct with each about their feelings. He could have spent more time with her, had he known sooner, and not stayed away because he thought she like his friend.

They did have a unique relationship, it was respect for the art of music and their talents, so it was deeper than most.

However, people are not mind readers, they don’t just know. You don’t tell a woman “I love you”, then never show it with other words and actions, she’ll think you lied or fell out of love. It changes with each woman, but it is good to reassure her that your feelings haven’t changed and you still love her.

I was going for an anime ending, not a real life needing, that’s why it was exaggerated.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 25, 3:40 PM
Jul 2022
This was an absolutely astonishing episode. This entire series is an absolute masterpiece to the perfect written characters to the amazing animation this entire series was executed flawlessly. This episode was amazing. I felt so much emotion by just watching this series from laughter and joy to straight tears. This episode was incredible and devastating at the same time. This is by far the most time i have ever cried for a series. Such a sad but great ending for one of the best pieces of art ever written. This show is easily 10/10 across the board.
Pages (24) « First ... « 23 24 [25]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

335 by tiomemorias »»
Sep 15, 11:19 AM

» Anyone else appreciate the emotional depth (deep reflection session :,)

beansteen0 - Aug 30

2 by beansteen0 »»
Aug 30, 1:09 PM

» Any other anime that would give off the same vibe? ( 1 2 )

lucas_tong_3133 - Aug 21

70 by PizzaGOD_74 »»
Aug 26, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

336 by lycheeandmango »»
Aug 22, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

351 by Grady-Gmoney_199 »»
Jul 2, 4:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.