Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2015 5:40 AM

Jun 2014
[center]!~~Topic of more or less 4 days -03/09/15-03/12/15~~!
[size=125]Anime in 2014[/size]

We will discuss a whole year now. Wich shows were the best and the worst? Any hidden gem you think no one watched? Overrated titles? Overhated titles? Best OPs and EDs? Best and worst season of the year? Best of each season? Your overall opinion of the year, and an overall score for it?

List of shows that aired.

http://anichart.net/winter-14
http://anichart.net/spring-14
http://anichart.net/summer-14
http://anichart.net/fall-14

I know that Hunter x Hunter is not showing in the chart, if anyone knows of any other show, say in your post. :3

Other missing titles:

Kill la Kill
Log Horizon Season 1
Nagi no Asukara
Samurai Flamenco
Golden Time
FellenerMar 13, 2015 6:16 AM
Remember guys, I AM NOT A PARAGON OF TASTE.

I HAVE SHIT TASTE LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 9, 2015 6:19 AM

Apr 2014
If carryovers like HxH count, KILL LA KILL BABY

WIXOSS, Ping Pong is my faves, even tho I'm not finished with Ping Pong I doubt I'll dislike it even as it goes on. Shirobako and Garo's cool too.

But AotS for each season:

Winter: Kill la Kill, if it counts. Otherwise nothing
Spring: Ping Pong, probably. Otherwise WIXOSS
Summer: Barakamon
Fall: WIXOSS S2 if it counts, otherwise prob Garo or mb Shirobako

Worst of the season:

Winter: Idk
Spring Brynhildr in the Darkness
Summer: Akame? Didn't finish it tho. Of what I finished, Zankyou.
Fall: Havent finished anything bad, The first and a half episode of Terra Formars was awful tho. Will finish Sora no Method tho and its also bad.

NGNL, Zankyou is overrated.

Nobody fucking watched Locodol so its a hidden gem I guess, it's a decent moe slice of life show, cute girls being cute locodols, it was hearthwarming occasionally and the comedy was fun, if it had any popularity i wouldnt call it a hidden gem but fuck it, I like it, no one else seemed to like it though or care for it therefore its a hidden gem. Doesn't aim high, and doesn't fail at it.

Garo is a hidden gem because again, no one but me and mouse watches it, its dark fantasy action and its good so far and from what I've heard it will only get better.

WIXOSS is overhated as fuck and a damn good show. I keep hearing the same awful arguments about it that holds no weight. It doesn't explain the rules? Who cares, the show isn't about the card battles! Also, for those claiming that its just a crappy rip-off of madoka, WIXOSS is better in almost every conceivable way. It has more fleshed out characters, who go through proper development, the ending isn't awful, it handles it's themes better, it has less plot holes, it has proper foreshadowing, it has better visuals, it utilizes its soundtrack better, and the best part is that it isn't followed up by a horrible movie that ruins continuity. Only thing I think can give Madoka is that it has a better soundtrack.

Rail Wars is overhated. It's just another generic ecchi show that doesn't matter, whats with the mad hate towards it? I don't like it for sure but people seem to go berserk over that specific one for some reason.

Ignoring one's that aren't on Youtube and one's that include spoilers, my top OP/ED themes:

Fifth best ED
Fourth best ED
Third best ED
Second best ED
Best ED

Fifth best OP
Fourth best OP
Third best OP
Second best OP
Best OP

Overall the year gets a 5/10, its passable. Ping Pong, WIXOSS and a couple decent one's in the middle makes it worth it. On the flipside, my mean score if I watched everything would be much lower.
MikochondriaMar 9, 2015 6:22 AM
No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Mar 9, 2015 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
So, 2014 was actually the year I got into watching animes seasonal (started watching anime around september 2013) and the first season I really focused on was the summer season 2014. I watched very few shows from the previous seasons, but Ill try my best to review 2014 from my pov :3

There werent a lot of appealing shows in the winter season 2014 I only watched the following: Hamatora, Noragami and Strange+. I tried Sakura Trick but it's been on-hold for months now. Id also think Id enjoy Seitokai Yakuindomo (2nd Season) but I have yet to watch S1.

The Spring season seemed to be a good start for 2014, with a lot of interesting series airing. I watched a lot of series, and now looking at the chart, I realize I watched pretty much all the bad ones and no really good ones besides NGNL, which was just a LOT of fun and probably would've made my Top 10 at that time if it wasnt for the open end.

Moving on to the summer season, this one definetly had the community hyping up like crazy... and left me pretty disappointed: AgK went from being a good adaptation in the beginning to stupid crap that disgraces the manga, SAO 2 with no arc I enjoyed (and I enjoyed the 2nd arc of S1!), Glasslip just being annoying, and I heard from so many people how bad the TG anime in comparison to the manga is, so I didnt even bother starting. A/Z and Hanayamata were my favs in this season.

From what I watched, this season the fall season was the best. Why? First: Shigatsu and Kiseijuu
Both are just throughout the whole time good, and both were Top 10 candidates!
We got to see a great short anime: I cant understand what my husband is saying. This show was just hilarious, and made me laugh a lot more than most other comedy shows! Shirobako started as well, bringing an unused setting which felt great and was a lot of fun, and we got to see the KLK OVA too which I waited for since the end of KLK (KLK is my no 1 anime of all time)

The shows that had most impact on 2014 were imo: NGNL, Shigatsu, Shirobako and A/Z. As well as those crappy shows from the summer season I mentioned.

As a whole, 2014 gets a 6/10, with a recommendation to check out the shows mentioned to lines up.
Mar 9, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2013
Golden Time and Samurai Flamenco is also finished on 2014 if I recall.

Overall, IMO 2014 is a fine year for anime. There are good show with 9 or 10/10 material like Mushishi Zoku, Ping Pong,Gekkan Shoujo and Parasyte.
5-8 material like Barakamon, Seki kun, Jojo, Zantero, Ubw Sabagebu and One week friend.
And below average show like Akuma riddle, Grisaia, and Glasslip.

Best : Mushishi Zoku
Worst : Glasslip
Underrated or gem : Seki-kun.
Overrated : UBW
Overhated : Amagi perhaps (because people hated moe fanservice)
OP : Ping Pong, ED : Silver Spoon 2
Best/worse season : Spring/Winter

Best of each season.
Winter : Seki-kun
Spring : Mushishi Zoku
Summer : Zantero
Fall : Don't know I'm confused :D perhaps Mushishi Zoku 2

Overal score 6/10
DannyTheDonkeyMar 9, 2015 8:44 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 9, 2015 11:30 AM

Oct 2012
Best shows I've seen from 2014:

winter: sekai seifuku, seki-kun, precure
spring: mushishi, ping pong, jojos
summer: nozaki-kun, sabagebu, pripara
fall: mushishi

I could add kill la kill for winter but I still have it on hold.

Overall there were some entertaining shows every season but there was nothing really amazing :|
Mar 9, 2015 2:05 PM

May 2013
HxH, Mushishi, Ping Pong, Kiseijuu: I had a happy 2014 :D
Mar 9, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2012
2014:
Best: Mushishi Zoku
Worst: Pupa.
OP: Sidonia no Kishi
ED: Mushishi Zoku
OST: Mushishi Zoku
Best/Worst Season: Spring/Winter

Best of Each Season: (Shows I gave 8 or higher.)
Winter: Nisekoi
Spring: Mushishi Zoku > Sidonia no Kishi
Summer: Barakamon > Gekkan Shoujo > Zankyou no Terror
Fall: Mushishi Zoku 2 (Since I dont watch airing shows I havn't seen many from Fall yet.)

Overall it was a pretty good year, but I still have a couple of shows from 2014 to watch.
♬♪♫
RateYourMusic
LastFM
♬♪♫
Mar 9, 2015 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
Oh, the great year of disappointments. I'll list from worst to best, I suppose, with small notes as to why I rated these as such.

Worst or Overrated
Tokyo Ghoul (Crap story. MC goes from cry baby to OP 1 shot macro MC. Edgy. I'm suprised I didn't drop this)

Sword Art Online 2 (OP MC, Bad music, Bad story. Action was alright. Cute girls.)

Overhyped but average:
Nisekoi - People overhyped about this show so badly. It was ALRIGHT but not that good.

Poor - fine but over hated:[/b]
Free! Eternal Summer - wasn't as good of a story as Season 1 but definitely over-hated by people

Best of each season:
Winter - Tonari no Seki-kun
Spring - NGNL (I actually really enoyed this while I watched it. Guess sometimes I can ignore really obvious plot holes and OP MCs)
Summer - Nozaki-Kun (Fun, energetic girl with a love interest that is too dense to realize it. Decent rom-com. Would recommend)
Fall - Tsukimonogatari (Best.)

Several shows I know where good from other peoples opinions but didn't bother picking up.. Maybe I willl later.. maybe.. nah, I wont most likely.
SpeakssMar 9, 2015 7:50 PM
Mar 10, 2015 12:54 AM

Oct 2014
Speakss said:
Oh, the great year of disappointments. I'll list from worst to best, I suppose, with small notes as to why I rated these as such.

Worst or Overrated
Tokyo Ghoul (Crap story. MC goes from cry baby to OP 1 shot macro MC. Edgy. I'm suprised I didn't drop this)

Sword Art Online 2 (OP MC, Bad music, Bad story. Action was alright. Cute girls.)

Overhyped but average:
Nisekoi - People overhyped about this show so badly. It was ALRIGHT but not that good.

Free! Eternal Summer - wasn't as good of a story as Season 1 but definitely over-hated by people

Best of each season:
Spring - NGNL (I actually really enoyed this while I watched it. Guess sometimes I can ignore really obvious plot holes and OP MCs)
Summer - Nozaki-Kun (Fun, energetic girl with a love interest that is too dense to realize it. Decent rom-com. Would recommend)

Several shows I know where good from other peoples opinions but didn't bother picking up.. Maybe I willl later.. maybe.. nah, I wont most likely.

Nisekoi is one of my favorites :(
Well I guess its all a matter of opinions
WymsicalMar 10, 2015 1:47 PM
Mar 10, 2015 1:12 AM

Apr 2014
Speakss said:
Tsukimonogatari

textcolor.jpg

Mar 10, 2015 2:54 AM

Nov 2013
Wymsical said:
Speakss said:

Worst or Overrated

Overhyped but average:

Best of each season:

Nisekoi is one of my favorites :(
Well I guess its all a manner of opinions

lol, of course it's just opinion, just go with yours.I'm sure nobody's gonna complaint it :D
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 10, 2015 10:11 AM

Dec 2012
Yesmo said:

lol, of course it's just opinion, just go with yours.I'm sure nobody's gonna complaint it :D

This. Most people hate my opinion on shows because I hate mainstream.
Mar 10, 2015 10:17 AM

Apr 2014
Speakss said:
Yesmo said:

This. Most people hate my opinion on shows because I hate mainstream.

<3

Mar 10, 2015 10:35 AM

Jun 2014
My opinion is that Fate opinion is wrong.

Mar 10, 2015 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
Then your opinions are usually wrong too :p

Mar 10, 2015 11:15 AM

Jun 2014
Best of each season:

Winter: Golden Time was prob the best. Its an okey romance, but could've been a lot better if they didnt added some supernatural elements.

Spring: Ping Pong! The best sports anime ever. Honorable mentions to WIXOSS and Mushishi,

Summer: Hanamonogatari. The best arc of the franchise since Bakemonogatari. Honorable mentions no Gekkan Shoujo and Barakamon, good slice of life comedies.

I dont remember in wich season HxH finished airing but it wins against anything that aired during that season. Its the best shounen ever made.

Anime of the year is Hunter x Hunter. If you dont count it. Ping Pong wins. :D

Fall: Kiseijuu. Good action/ psychological anime.

Worst of the season:

Winter: Pupa

Spring: NGNL

Summer: Akame ga Kill!, Zankyou is really close, tho.

Fall:F/SN UBW, this is just a bad shounen with some complicated words.

Overrated: F/SN ( People like this shit just because of the cul fights) , Zankyou (People like this shit just because it looks pretty), NGNL (I have no idea why people like this, its not much different than SAO).

I would call WIXOSS a hidden gem, not many people watched it, and its not really talked about because its based on a card game. But they never actually try to advertise the game. Its a good psychological anime. Give it a try. I dont really see it was overhated tho.

Overall i think this was a good year if you like comedy and slice of life stuff, i dont really like those kind of shows so to me this year was slightly above average. 6/10

Mar 10, 2015 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
Fellener said:
Best of each season:

Winter: Golden Time was prob the best. Its an okey romance, but could've been a lot better if they didnt added some supernatural elements.

Did you watch Nagi no Asukara? Just asking.

I dont remember in wich season HxH finished airing but it wins against anything that aired during that season. Its the best shounen ever made.

Better than FMA?

NGNL (I have no idea why people like this, its not much different than SAO).

It's self-aware I guess. You know I couldn't stand it, but I don't think it is like SAO, SAO isn't self-aware, although it's not really good self-awareness, more like it knows it sucks, still expect you to like it.

I would call WIXOSS a hidden gem, not many people watched it, and its not really talked about because its based on a card game. But they never actually try to advertise the game. Its a good psychological anime. Give it a try. I dont really see it was overhated tho.

I've seen A LOT of hate for WIXOSS like you wouldn't know. Only show I can think of that I've seen gotten more hate is Akame ga Kill.

Mar 10, 2015 11:44 AM

Oct 2012
As far as I'm aware WIXOSS is not all that popular so I never noticed that much hate for it.

Its the best shounen ever made.
Aria is better.
Mar 10, 2015 11:51 AM

Jun 2014
Laniaka said:

Its the best shounen ever made.
Aria is better.

Best action shounen, or fighting shounen, or something like that. You understood what i meant there, senpai. :/ Why you do dis tu me. T.T

Never knew Aria is a shounen, btw.

And i didnt watched Nagi no Asukara

Mar 10, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
It's a good romance afaik and you like good romance so maybe you'll like it idk that's why I asked

Mar 10, 2015 12:37 PM

Dec 2012
Fellener said:
Laniaka said:

Aria is better.

Never knew Aria is a shounen, btw.

Viccy, please. The main idea of Aria is shounen.
Mar 10, 2015 12:37 PM

Jun 2014
Isnt it a slice of life underwater?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Opening of the Season - Day 18 (Spring 2024)

TheRockzSG - Yesterday

15 by Chihayafuru_Omoi »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Opening of the Season - Day 17 (Spring 2024)

TheRockzSG - May 11

21 by Chihayafuru_Omoi »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Opening of the Season - Day 16 (Spring 2024)

Jokobo - May 10

24 by Chihayafuru_Omoi »»
7 hours ago

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1295 by Hibbington »»
Yesterday, 5:21 PM

» 【Anime Guild】 Opening of the Season - Day 15 (Spring 2024)

Jokobo - May 9

24 by HaXXspetten »»
Yesterday, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.