Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2009 4:08 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well as expected, Ichigo completely owned ojou, however that was actually a very unique way to do it. I didn't even consider the fact that personal taste would be a deciding factor.

However, all 21 minutes of happy win were shot down in the last minute as Ichigo gets a harsh taste of reality from the Princes and from Vanilla. That was a very abrupt emotional turn.

Nov 28, 2009 4:39 PM

May 2009
Ichigo really let her victory get to her head. Still, the treatment she received was rather harsh, even if it was for her own good.
Nov 28, 2009 10:32 PM
Nov 2009
ArcticMech said:
Ichigo really let her victory get to her head. Still, the treatment she received was rather harsh, even if it was for her own good.

I second that.
Nov 28, 2009 11:52 PM

Sep 2008
Mystichung said:
ArcticMech said:

I second that.

I don't think so because she was getting WAY over her head. She just learned how to make PUDDING, that is very basic. They were being harsh to her before she made a fool of herself in the competition and got dissed badly.
Oh and I totally knew what her plan was because when the spirits were trying the pudding they were dissagreeing with the taste and which one was better. But the oven part surprised me :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2009 12:04 AM
Aug 2009
That rejection was beyond excessive - it felt -entirely- out of place, espically combined with the melodramatic statement that "The world of the Grand Prix is harsh." in response to her happy optimism. At that point, I was wondering how short on a deadline their scriptwriter was (and questioned whether they had fired their old one). xD
Nov 29, 2009 12:34 AM

Feb 2008
I knew she was going to win, but I didn't know she'd win that way. :P And good god, everything was so happy and cheery then it quickly made a turn for the worse. o___o" I agree that it felt out of place, and yeah, Ichigo was pushing it, but geez. Even Vanilla left her...

Anyways, seems like in the next ep Vanilla comes back. :)
Nov 29, 2009 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
The ending was unexpected and out of place.
Next episode, she runs away from school?!

Still, it was interesting to see how she won. How smart of her to practise using the ovens and her perceptiveness really helped her this time.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Nov 29, 2009 4:57 AM

Sep 2007
It would have been major in the world of ultra-happy shoujo anime if she did not win from Ojou. Because what would our heroine have done if she didn't? The preview said she couldn't take those words from the Princes and Vanilla and went home, so... perhaps she would have started to cut herself or something?[/sarcasm]

Ichigo, seriously, pudding isn't a high-class classic dish. If I practice my skills I can make it too. The Princes were right to scold her. Vanilla too, though she didn't have to say she quits being her partner.

But overall, I think Ichigo did well. Sure, she acts all high and mighty after this pudding-win, however for an amateur she's still done well.
I liked this episode, although the abrupt turn in this episode made it less fun.
Nov 29, 2009 6:04 AM

Apr 2008
looks like u cant be too over confident o_o

Nov 29, 2009 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
dannng I REALLY want flan now X_X it all looked SO good. I've made it myself and it's actually kind difficult D:

Nov 29, 2009 2:57 PM

May 2008
she really was getting too proud of herself that she says she doesnt even need to review her work

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 29, 2009 8:26 PM

Apr 2009
I gotta say, Ichigo really annoyed me at the end there. :/
Ah well... guess she recovers next ep.
Nov 29, 2009 9:32 PM

Aug 2008
I really liked the episode up until the end. That was just a horribly transparent transition.
Dec 1, 2009 6:41 AM

Jul 2009
a sudden twist of event at the ending..but hey! We're still human! If u were to win an event like emerging as the champion for a sports event,wouldnt u feel happy and of course,a bit way over ur head?That's natural.
Dec 1, 2009 8:30 AM

Oct 2009
Hey guys which sub group has subbed ep 9?

Please help xD
Dec 1, 2009 7:09 PM
Oct 2009
great episode even though it was so obvious to me that ichigo would win
and did the princes have to be that hard on her?? it was such a sudden change of emotion
Dec 4, 2009 1:06 PM

May 2009
Unexpected ending, I loved it!

I can't wait for next episode, things are starting to get interesting : )
Dec 5, 2009 10:31 PM
Jun 2008
Japanese spell "purin" instead of pudding.I didn't notice till they said i few more timeszzz

I always eat black chicken meat...but i never eaten black chicken's egg =P
MorningGloryDec 5, 2009 10:46 PM
Dec 6, 2009 8:30 AM

Mar 2009
Enjoyed it.

Dec 7, 2009 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
Still don't know why I like this show.
I like how this show kinda teaches you how to make this and that.
Also Vanilla and Caramel are way too adorable.
Dec 13, 2009 12:50 AM

Sep 2009
It's official, Caramel is my favorite Sweets Spirit. Then comes Chocolat. :P

Mmkay, yeah, it was super happy-happy joy-joy for the whole episode, and then BAM. You get slapped with reality in a not-so-fun way. It was kind of like an excuse to leave the show at a cliffhanger that was both sad and worrying.

*Shrug* I want to meet "Honey-sama".
-
Dec 15, 2009 7:11 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the episode, as expected Ichigo won pretty easily. I really like how they gave strategies as well as baking tips, which helps to make this series not feel like a gimmick.

Though I have to say, Vanilla sure ended up getting upset over nothing. Seemed a bit odd to me.

I wish they would have showed more of "Honey-sama".
Dec 17, 2009 11:17 AM

Aug 2007
The last few minutes were really unexpected. I understand why the three of them reacted like that, but Vanilla was really weird. I think it would have been funny if Ichigo actually lost from ojou and that she had to compete for Kashino or something, but this is fine.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Feb 16, 2010 3:36 PM

Sep 2008
Hm... Yeah the treatment she received at the very end seemed a little harsh for what it was, even if it was for her own good. Though she did get in waaaay over her head. You can pretty much tell from the ingredients that pudding is super basic.

The thing she did with making the caramel bitter also didn't surprise me, since she could see from watching the Sweets Spirits that they all had different tastes... Of course it's like that in real life too. XD Some people have a "sweet tooth" and everything, right? Though that she went to check the ovens out beforehand... Well sort of expected that too. She wouldn't have plans the night before that weren't actually relevant to the competition.
Oct 12, 2010 9:07 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, now they made Ichigo a bitch.
The IRL Caramel Pudding looked great though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2011 5:55 AM

Feb 2008
I think Vanilla gave up on her way too easily. the others were a bit more understandable, though I think they could still have found a gentler way to make their point.
Jun 23, 2011 2:34 AM

Feb 2011
That annoying laugh hohoho again =_= ojou san owns it.

Ichigo just got a little high up in hopes but I'm sure she just want to do her best with everyone.
May 23, 2022 2:49 AM

Jul 2021
Ichigo has never made a pudding before so things are going to get a pain for Kashino and now it's reasonable that he acts tsun tsun towards women after what Oujo did to him, very traumatizing indeed. Pudding is certainly a dish that's not easy thing to make because it requires every texture to be melted in your mouth and have the measurement by learning from the basis by making the caramel sauce which is the hardest thing to make but still considered a basis for the flavoring of the pudding. Boiling down the caramel is the toughest part because it can get burned quickly and Ichigo can't move a single movement forward is hilarious to me but quite frankly as the story progresses I think she'll learn from her mistake and improve on it her own Patissiere skill field.

Also, don't over whisk your pudding mixture, there's something that causes the texture itself to feel odd and abrupt in some way; showing pores still. Lol so at first, I knew the caramel sauce is burnt because of the dark color and yeah it does feel bitter, don't boil the caramel too long, must have that amber color! Not only does the simplest thing to make such as pudding is that simple, everything that looks simple is actually hard to make even with a guide, there'll be a mistake along the way for the 1st, 2nd, or heck millions of tries depending on the difficulty of the dish itself. Wow Oujo got a huge advantage with the ingredient choices, yikes it's going to be a tough match. Lmao, Oujo had a story to tell on how she met Kashino, is this love at first sight? Yes, it is, not even a question. Holy shit Ichigo did so many trial and errors, definitely looks like some got the amber color, some got a brown color, and heck the rest looks burned too, damn I think Ichigo is pushing herself too much. I died laughing when Caramel is tasting a very sweet Caramel, I mean they know the deal.

The match between Oujo and Ichigo has begun: making five servings of custard pudding within two hours yep, the president will be the judge of all this. As much as I can clearly understand Ichigo's struggle in becoming a Patissiere, I think this is a lot painful to watch when she kind of overcooked the Caramel without Vanilla accompanying her LOL but she won anyway, and I was correct at first I knew that she saw president drinking the coffee that looks really bitter that's why the burning caramel was intentional and I can tell that fancy ingredient to make the pudding custard itself doesn't matter at all, what matters is the proper execution of it as an overall that Oujo herself is being overboard with it. Damn Ichigo's character is gradually building her understanding of the quirk, other people's expectations, and preference!! Now the main thing to focus on is the Grand Prix, which is going to be a harsher world and Ichigo must train herself to become almost at the same level as the boys. Also, President got her a Sweet Spirit, how many more Sweet Spirit are we going to meet in this series lol

Yum Ichigo should make more of these puddings
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 16, 3:16 AM

Apr 2017
Damn! What a good message for Shoujo! You can't get too cocky and celebrate a win! /s

Good grief... The only thing that's sort of keeping me here is that the techniques that they use when baking are fascinating to watch. Though I could just drop this crap and watch an actual baking show...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 8 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 21, 2009

27 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:50 AM

» I hate Ichigo..

Becloud - Oct 10, 2010

4 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 7 Discussion

MorningGlory - Nov 17, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 5 Discussion

greenmush - Nov 4, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 3 Discussion

Sonja - Oct 22, 2009

24 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 12:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.