Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 10, 2015 2:35 AM

Apr 2015
Well i here again with my next review this time it's chaos;head because i got Steins;gate for vita last weekend. Anyway i tried to not go into much detail in this review to keep mystery feeling of the anime. So with that said , hows are you guys been, Gru-Sensei and Speakss-San.
[center]
Jun 10, 2015 3:22 AM
Mar 2015
Good luck.
[spoiler]
Allow me to share my opinion on Chaos;Head. (Sounds better, huh?)

Chaos; Head is a sci-fi, supernatural, romance, psychological, thriller anime created by 5pb and Nitroplus, produced by Madhouse Studios and is based on the visual novel with the same name.(Why do you capitalize genres? Is there a rule I don’t know?) It’s the first part of the Science adventure Series [u]and[u], which [u]was[/u] aired from October 9, 2008 to December 25, 2008 and was 12 episodes in total.

Story-line (your score)
The plot takes place in Shibuya, Japan, in the Year 2009 and follows Takumi Nishijou voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino(Houka Inumuta from Kill La Kill and Allelujah Haptism from Moblie Suit Gundam 00) , an 18 year old Student, who suffers from delusions and instead of going to school often, he watches anime and play(he watches and he plays) games. One day, he starts to talk to person called grim online, who tells him about the New Gen deaths and after Grim leaves the chart room, someone called Shogun joins the chat room and sends Takumi a number of links to a picture of a man being staked to a wall. The next night, Takumi finds a pink-haired girl staking a man onto a wall and realizes that is looks like the picture shogun sent him. The next day at school, he runs into the girl again, who says that her name is Rimi Sakihata voiced by Eir Kitamura (Ami Kawashima from Toradora! and Sayaka Miki from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica), he’s long-time friend, in which he doesn’t remember having and claims that she doesn’t know about the murder he saw. I am sorry, but it doesn’t sound ok for me. Chaos;Head’s [b]plot is very complex and is impressive that it was able to fit so much in 12 episodes and has great pacing, but can be very confusing at the start with its theme of Delusional Science. The show does do a good job of explaining the science behind the events that happens using this unique concept. [/b]

Presentation
Chaos;Head used an art style of bright and dark colors blended together bring a colorful but dark feeling to the show. Each character in the show has interesting looks and personalities to bring the show’s story-line to life. The animation of the characters has a very smooth look to it and voice acting is very good as each voice fits its character quite lovely and helps make them seem more believable to the viewer.

My Opinion
Chaos; Head is one of the anime that interest me because of the science behind it. While at the start, I didn’t understand what was happening, after a few episodes [b]in[/b] and things got explained(paraphrase, please), the start no long confuses me, which I see it can put people off from watching the rest of the anime. I find the characters every(very?) interesting, as each one of them has a reason for being involved in the new gen murders. The message from I got from Chaos; Head is that you shouldn’t always believe in what is in front of your eyes, as sometimes it can be a delusion of your mind.

Verdict (score???????)
While Chaos; Head canbetter to use may/might be very confusing when you don’t understand what is going on, it becomes very understandable when [b]things explained[/b]. The struggles and challenges Takumi faces in he’s(b] he’s means he is[/b] quest to find out what’s real and what’s is delusional. I recommend Chaos; Head to people interested in science, who have watch/read part 2/3 of the Science adventure Series (Steins; Gate and Robotics; Notes) and is looking for a unique story that will not disappoint.

Science and sci-fi are two different things.
Jun 10, 2015 6:47 AM

Apr 2015
Thanks Gru-Senpai, i may add a score, but i always been abit funny about them because of what i think is a 10 is someone else's 8 but if you think its a good idea i try it
[center]
Jun 11, 2015 12:28 AM
Mar 2015
Isn’t it obvious? You are a reviewer and the first and the most important thing I will try to find in your work is, of course, your overall score. If you find it difficult to assess an anime to please other viewers, be sure to check “stats” for the anime you want to write a review on. Take for example my favorite anime, Haibane Renmei. http://myanimelist.net/anime/387/Haibane_Renmei/stats When you open the link, check the anime’s “Score Stats.”

So, if you write a review on Haibane, which score will be the most profitable for you? Indeed, it will be 8/10.

What I am trying to say is that you should do a little research before writing your review. You should be fully prepared to defend your point of view and to be 100% sure that your point of view is right, and that you won’t change it.

I do see that your reviews have become much better, but don’t you want to work a little bit harder and to become a better reviewer?

NashetaniaJun 11, 2015 12:35 AM
Jun 11, 2015 1:00 AM

Apr 2015
Sorry for making mistakes, i playing steins;gate at the same time, so my mind is in two places, thing about chaos head was i tried to avoid anything i thought would spoil the show for other people but i will take your changes to showed me to make and i will add a score to it just me personal, i don't look at scores. i try to make time today to make the changes Gru-Senpai
[center]
Jun 11, 2015 5:03 AM

Apr 2015
Ok Gru-Senpai, i made the changes and did some research and giving it a 7 would be a good idea but i think it's a 9 in my opinion, as i really enjoyed it. But you tell me if i should based my review score on what the the stats page for the show says or what i think it should have.
[center]
Jun 11, 2015 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
Set0_Mesamune said:
Ok Gru-Senpai, i made the changes and did some research and giving it a 7 would be a good idea but i think it's a 9 in my opinion, as i really enjoyed it. But you tell me if i should based my review score on what the the stats page for the show says or what i think it should have.

You should be posting what YOU rate it not the MAL score. If you felt it was a 9 then you have to be sure you're 100% certain you wont change your opinion on that
Jun 12, 2015 12:43 AM

Apr 2015
Ok, i just didn't understand what Gru-Senpai meant about scores, i felt it was a 9 because i really like the story but if it wasn't confusing at the start i would of given it a 10 because of it weird concept. What you think about the Speakss-San
[center]
Jun 12, 2015 2:59 AM

Apr 2015
Thanks to a conversation with Speakss-San , i decide to have a little rethink about the review and when i really think about, didn't like as mush as i first, as i had alot on mind and i think why i was writing it i was trying not to be negative about the show. So i wait until someone has checked it for me to see what they think about what i changed in it.
[center]
Jun 13, 2015 3:44 AM
Mar 2015
Infinitive, passive voice, sequence of tenses, tenses, modal verbs and punctuation.
[spoiler]
1)It’s the first part of the science adventure series and, aired from October 9, 2008 to December 25, 2008 and was 12 episodes in total. Use which, make two sentences.

2)The plot takes place in Shibuya, Japan, in the Year 2009 and follows Takumi Nishijou voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino(Houka Inumuta from Kill La Kill and Allelujah Haptism from Moblie Suit Gundam 00) , an 18 year old Student, who suffers from delusions and instead of going to school often, he watches anime and he plays games.

3)One day, he starts to talk to person called grim online, who tells him about the New Gen deaths and after Grim leaves the chart room, someone called Shogun, joins the chat room and sends Takumi a number of links to a picture of a man being staked to a wall. (You don’t’ know the difference between start to do and start doing)

4)The next day at school, he runs into the girl again, who says that her name is Rimi Sakihata voiced by Eir Kitamura (Ami Kawashima from Toradora! and Sayaka Miki from Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica), his long-time friend, but he doesn’t remember her and she says that she doesn’t know anything about the murder he saw her do. 4.1) X doesn’t remember anything about the murder x did. 4.2) Long-time friend? Why not use his/her old friend?

5) Chaos; Head’s plot is very complex as can be very confusing for the first half until things are explained in the second half. (It is not English)

6)This makes the show very hard for people to follow at the beginning and feels a lot was rushed to fit in all in 12 episodes. (What?)

7)But even if this point, the second half is a different thing, because of instead of keeping the viewer in the dark about a lot of things, the second half of Chaos; Head explains a lot about story to the viewer making more interesting and shows off more of better written scenes of the show.

8)Every character in the show has interesting looks and personalities to bring the show’s story-line to life but the Takumi is the only character that at the start is hard to follow and near the end of the show has an almost most different personality from the one he has at the start of the show and because of the how fast the change happens, it ruins the character’s development what was happening over the course of the show. (Too many mistakes)

9)The animation style used for the characters gives them a very smooth look and it look beautiful in it the anime’s action scenes. (and it look beautiful in it the anime’s action scenes. What?!)

10) The voice acting for the show has been very well done as each voice helps bring its character to life to the viewer. (Helps to do what?)

11)Chaos; Head is an anime that interests me because of its unique concept. I admit that I was, confused about what was happening at the start, but after a while when things was being explained I could understand what was happening in the show, but because of this I see why people could get put off from watching the rest of the anime.

12) I believe a way the show could of fix this problem is to be longer than 12 episodes, as it would have given more time to explain the first half of the story to people.

13)However what they did in the second half did redeem to show by explaining things and making the story more interesting by introducing the show’s Antagonist, which added a whole new plot point that made the story more interesting to watch.

14)While find most of the characters very interesting, as each one of them has a reason for being involved in the new gen murders, I just can’t stand how Takumi personality was developing then all of sudden went back to square one then to a completely different one in a span of 2 episodes, this makes it hard for me to like him.

15)The message from I got from Chaos; Head is that you shouldn’t always believe in what is in front of your eyes as sometimes it hard to tell the difference from a delusion of your mind and something real.

16)While Chaos; Head might be very confusing when you don’t understand what is going on, but if you get past the first 6 episodes, you are treated to better and more interesting story in the last 6 episodes.

17)But even this redeem part, Chaos; Head still feels it was rushed and while it not a bad show, it just miss from being a very good anime.

18)The struggles and challenges Takumi faces in his quest to find out what is real and what are delusions of his mind, does help Chaos; Head more interesting to watch to the viewer but the outcome of this quest may leave a bad taste in some people’s mouth .

19)I will would recommend Chaos; Head to people interested in sci-fi, who has watched/readied part 2/3 of the Science adventure Series (Steins; Gate and Robotics; Notes) and is looking for a unique story that is hard to follow at the start but becomes interesting in the end but even when it may leave you feeling that it could have been a lot better. (You will would?)
NashetaniaJun 13, 2015 3:49 AM
Jun 13, 2015 3:55 AM

Jun 2014
Have you tried to write more analycal reviews, Seto?
Remember guys, I AM NOT A PARAGON OF TASTE.

I HAVE SHIT TASTE LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
Jun 13, 2015 10:12 AM

Apr 2015
Well Fellener, i want to try to but i don't want to make them too long so people wouldn't want to read them.
Gru-Senpai, i know i was going to make mistakes because how much i been thinking what i could put in. I will make the changes when i can, but i will be writing a new one on monday so i maybe posting two reviews this week, because of the lack of time and how hard it been to write this one.
[center]
Jun 13, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2014
Being more analitycal doesnt imply being long at all.

Jun 14, 2015 1:03 AM
Mar 2015
Analytical.

Are you trying to say that he should write an analytical review on Chaos; Head? Really? On top of that, if you want to write such an uneasy review, you will need, at least, B2 in English. (C1 will be more preferable.)

Seto, only you can decide how to write your reviews. I will only point out your mistakes. (But, if I see that you really want to write a very good review, I will even rewrite it by myself. Cheers.
Jun 14, 2015 3:55 AM

Apr 2015
Well i wouldn't ask but chaos;head has been that one kind of rare kind of anime where i don't know what kind of review to write as you seen how many in changed it. So if you offering to rewrite i will be thankful because i had to a lot on my mind the last week and it been hard to write a review for it. i should of wrote it like my idea if i ever write one sword art online and make two reviews in one as ii love the first half but didn't have much love for the second so it be hard to put them together. So Gru-Senpai, if you don''t mind and i don't like asking you to, could you rewrite for me and i first at the top of the review i will say you co-wrote it with me and is there any way i could repay you back, i can't give money to you as i have reasons i can't but if there anything you need me to do, i do it. Thank you.
[center]
Jun 14, 2015 4:14 AM
Mar 2015
I appreciate it, Seto, however, I must say that I am not a thirteen-year-old boy, who doesn’t have enough pocket money to buy a new game. With that being said, I will only accept one type of donation from you: you should show me that you want to write a really good review and that you will be ready to do your best to achieve that goal. When you do so, I will be ready to rewrite your review/ to write a review together with you.
Jun 14, 2015 7:00 AM
Mar 2015
Seto, I don’t want to start a quarrel here, so don’t make excuses to me anymore.

1)Your computer should have a spellchecker. (Word) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Word

2)Try not to use long sentences.

2.1.No: I find him a very interesting person to have a discussion with, since he has never interrupted me and his desire to learn the new makes me want to tell him something from my life experience.

2.2.Yes: I find him a very interesting person to have a discussion with. He has never interrupted me and his desire to learn the new makes me want to tell him something from my life experience.

3) Try to read reviews of other users. (On mal, on ANN, on anime-planet.) Try to rewrite them in your own words, try to find something new for your reviews.

4)Try to find sense in English. (I can’t use he are, she are) (I can’t use things was; however, I can use both I was and I were.)
NashetaniaJun 14, 2015 7:13 AM
Jun 14, 2015 10:07 AM
Mar 2015
Seto, you should avoid off topic. This thread is made for review suggestions to help our club members. If you have something to discuss with me, feel free to pm me, or to send me a comment on my page.

I want to assure you that as long as you are a member of our club, I am ready to offer you any possible assistance. Cheers.
Jun 14, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
Ok I sorry for going off topic, Gru-Senpai.
I won't do it again.
[center]
Jun 14, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
Grusomhed said:
Analytical.

Are you trying to say that he should write an analytical review on Chaos; Head? Really?

Sure, why not? Maybe its not that good but still there is a lot of analysis you can do with it.

I'm not asking for you to change your style of anything like that, Seto. If you are having fun, thats what is important ( I wish i had the will to write reviews as much as you do. xD).

Jun 24, 2015 4:08 AM

Apr 2015
Ok so i finish the anime now, sorry for the delay, i just going to take a few hours to sort other things out, then sometime later today or sometime tomorrow, i have the draft out so people can edit.
Anyway it's good to be back after have to take a break because of personal reasons, but i also going to try some different things in this new review.
[center]
Jun 25, 2015 6:53 AM

Apr 2015
So finally after been delayed to write this, its finally here.
Also i tried some new things in this review as abit of trying new things and kept it short to see how well it works.
[center]
Jun 25, 2015 10:26 AM
Mar 2015
[B][U] IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, I WILL BE GLAD TO ANSWER ON THEM. [/B][/U]

Green=it's readable
Red=bull crap

Allow me to share my opinion on Seitokai no Ichizon.

Student Council's Discretion (Seitokai no Ichizon) is a parody, comedy, harem anime based on the light novel by Aoi Sekina and Kira Inugami. The show was produced by Studio dean and aired between October 2, 2009 and December 18, 2009. The anime has 12 episodes in total.

Plot

Seitokai no Ichizon doesn’t have a plot, as its episodes are standalone and the events of all episodes don’t add much to the next episodes. The anime follows five members of the student council at Hekiyou Academy:

-- Kurimu Sakurano is a child-like president of the student council, who acts somewhat childish and loves sweets. At the beginning of nearly every episode she writes briefings on a white board.
--Chizura Akaba is a sadistic secretary, who loves Kurimu and is always trying to cuddle and to abuse her.
--Minatsu Shiina is a tomboyish vice-president, who loves shounen to a point that most of her suggestions are based on them.
-- Mafuyu Shiina is Minatsu’s little sister and the club’s treasurer. She is addicted to video games and loves BL novels.

-- Ken Sugisaki is the blue chip seat on the council. He loves to play eroge and bishoujo games. He dreams and plans to make the rest of the council his harem.)

Every episode shows the council members chatting, instead of doing thing a normal student council should do. Each episode is packed with plenty of jokes and parodies from other anime. The show doesn’t have enough characters’ development; yet, it does describe characters, which helps the viewer to form a better opinion on the anime’s cast.

Presentation

Seitokai no Ichizon’s art style uses a mix of colors to make the show more appealing to the viewer. The show takes place mostly in the student council’s room and to my big surprise it has never been boring to me.
For the scenes that don’t take place in the student council room are visually good to look at. The characters have been well designed and are beautiful to look at. Overall, the show’s art style has a feel that nothing has been sloppy made or rushed. Onto the sound, the music of the opening gives the viewer a nice feeling with it cute and softly vocals. Where the ending songs leaves the viewer with a laugh as the lyrics make fun of a number of things and each ending song uses different lyrics, to give the viewer something different each time. The background music has been well made as each one fits the mood of what the characters are talking about in each scene. Lastly, voice acting in the show was well done surprisingly as most of the voices actors was new to the industry.

My Opinion

Seitokai no Ichizon is an anime that shows that a heavy detailed plot isn’t always needed to make an enjoyable anime. Its use of jokes and parodies really helps to carry the show, but sometimes, I didn’t get some jokes, as I hadn’t seen some of the anime it was referencing to. The anime’s cast made the show very amusing, while I love seeing characters developing over time, I found these characters quite likeable. The music is one of the things I loved about this anime, while I find the opening song nice to listen to, it was the ending songs that I love them most, with its very funny lyrics. The theme of friendship that is used in Seitokai no Ichizon, really helps create what most high schoolers find important, to be able to spend studying, talking, being able to rely on each other for support and building bonds with people.

Verdict

Seitokai no Ichizon has a nice charm to it with its comedy. Its only problem is that some of its jokes rely on the viewer that is supposed to have some knowledge. While there are many anime better than Seitokai no Ichizon, it is still may enjoyable for some people. I recommend this show to people who like comedy and to people who like simple stories without a deep plot.

Your presentation part is unreadable.
[COLOR=RED][B]Your review should look like this

Allow me to share my opinion on (the name of anime)

Introduction.

Story-line (your score)
Describe story-line

Art (your score)
Describe art.

Sound (your score)
Describe sound.

Characters (same)
Same.

Enjoyment (your score)
Only in that part you can write about yourself.

Overall (story-line + art+ sound+ characters+ enjoyment)/5
[/B][/COLOR]
NashetaniaJun 25, 2015 10:35 AM
Jun 25, 2015 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
Thanks Gru-senpai, i will work on it tomorrow, Just one question, can you explain the parts are bull crap, just so i have some idea how to rewrite those parts?
[center]
Jun 25, 2015 10:52 AM
Mar 2015
Now you should only rewrite the red part and to write your review according to my example.

Grusomhed said:
Your review should look like this

Allow me to share my opinion on (the name of anime)

Introduction.

Story-line (your score)
Describe story-line

Art (your score)
Describe art.

Sound (your score)
Describe sound.

Characters (same)
Same.

Enjoyment (your score)
Only in that part you can write about yourself.

Overall (story-line + art+ sound+ characters+ enjoyment)/5

EDIT: This one is quite good, good job.
Jun 25, 2015 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
Thank you, Gru-Senpai, i took the idea of looking at other people reviews to help make mine
[center]
Jun 26, 2015 1:18 AM

Apr 2015
Well i made the edits, Tell me what you guys think.
[center]
Jun 26, 2015 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
Blue Re-writes
Red my notes

quick run through for some fixes. Hope it helps.

Note*
Having never seen the anime, I can say that your review does not build enough support to drive me, as a read, to watch the show. If your review did anything it drove me away from wanting to consider putting it on my ptw.

Seto_Masamune said:
Well i made the edits, Tell me what you guys think.
Jun 26, 2015 2:47 AM

Apr 2015
Thanks Speakss-San for pointing out things for me
Here's the Rework version based of Speakss Suggested fixes
[center]
Jun 26, 2015 11:23 PM
Mar 2015
Atta boy, Seto. Now it looks more as a real review.
[spoiler]

Student Council's Discretion (Seitokai no Ichizon) is a parody, comedy, harem anime based on the light novel, which was written by Aoi Sekina and Kira Inugami. The show was produced by Studio dean and aired between October 2, 2009 and December 18, 2009. The anime has 12 episodes in total.

Story-line (8/10)
Seitokai no Ichizon doesn’t have a plot, as its episodes are standalone and the events of all episodes don’t add much to the next episodes. Every episode shows the council members chatting, instead of doing thing a normal student council should do. Each episode is packed with plenty of jokes and parodies from other anime. The show doesn’t have enough characters’ development; yet, it does describe characters, which helps the viewer to form a better opinion on the anime’s cast.

Art (8/10)
Seitokai no Ichizon’s art style uses a mix of colors to make the anime more appealing to the viewer. The show takes place mostly in the student council room, which is surprising doesn’t get boring at all. The characters have been well designed and are all pleasing to look at. Overall, the show’s art style has a feel that nothing has been sloppily made, or rushed.

Sound (8/10)
The opening theme gives the viewer a nice feeling with its cute and soft vocals, whereas the ending theme leaves the viewer with a laugh, as the lyrics make fun of anime, the internet and video game culture and each ending song uses different lyrics, to give the viewer something different each time. The background music has been well made. Each music piece fits the mood of what the characters are talking about in each scene. Lastly, voice acting in the show was well done surprisingly, as most of the voices actors were new to the industry.

Characters (10)
The anime follows five members of the student council at Hekiyou Academy.
--Kurimu Sakurano is a child-like president of the student council, who acts somewhat childish and loves sweets. At the beginning of nearly every episode she writes briefings on a white board.
--Chizura Akaba is a sadistic secretary, who loves Kurimu and is always trying to cuddle and abuse her.
--Minatsu Shiina is a tomboyish vice-president, who loves shounen to a point that most of her suggestions are based on them.
--Mafuyu Shiina is Minatsu’s little sister and the club’s treasurer. She is addicted to video games and loves BL novels.
--Ken Sugisaki - He loves to play eroge and bishoujo games. He dreams and plans to make the rest of the council his harem.

Enjoyment (8)
Seitokai no Ichizon is an anime that shows that a heavily detailed plot isn’t always needed to make an enjoyable anime. Its use of jokes and parodies does help to carry the show. The anime’s cast made the show very amusing, and I found them quite likeable. The message that is given to the viewer in Seitokai no Ichizon is friendship. It reminds the viewer what most high schoolers find important, being able to spend studying, talking, relying on others for support and build bonds with people we like.

Overall (8)
Seitokai no Ichizon has a nice charm to it with its comedy. Its only problem is that some of its jokes rely on the viewer to have prior knowledge on the anime their jokes from. While there are many anime better than Seitokai no Ichizon, it may still be enjoyable for some people. I recommend this show to people who like comedy and simple stories without the need for a deeper plot.

The opening theme gives the viewer a nice feeling with its cute and soft vocals, whereas the ending theme leaves the viewer with a laugh, as the lyrics make fun of anime, [u]the internet and video game culture and each ending song uses different lyrics, to give the viewer something different each time.Read it and make some changes. [/u] There is a logical mistake in this sentence.
Jun 27, 2015 1:03 AM

Apr 2015
I get to work on it tomorrow Gru-Senpai, i don't really have time today
[center]
Jun 27, 2015 1:28 AM

Jul 2014
Gru-Senpai is love
Gru-senpai is life

Jun 27, 2015 4:24 AM
Mar 2015
Seto_Masamune said:
I get to work on it tomorrow Gru-Senpai, i don't really have time today

'kay m8.
Jun 27, 2015 10:10 PM

Apr 2015
So i made the change right i think, note i had a very stressful night so i may of not fix the problem right.
[center]
Jun 29, 2015 11:14 AM
Mar 2015
There are still some mistakes, but you can publish your review now. There are some mistakes, but it is still better than 90 % of other reviews.
[spoiler]

Student Council's Discretion (Seitokai no Ichizon) is a parody, comedy, harem anime based on the light novel by Aoi Sekina and Kira Inugami. The show was produced by Studio Deen and aired between October 2, 2009 and December 18, 2009. The anime has 12 episodes in total.

Story-line (8/10)

Seitokai no Ichizon doesn’t have a plot, as its episodes are standalone and the events of all episodes don’t add much to the next episodes. Every episode shows the council members chatting, instead of doing things a normal student council should do. Each episode is packed with plenty of jokes and parodies from other anime. The show doesn’t have enough characters’ development; yet, it does describe characters, which helps the viewer to form a better opinion on the anime’s cast.

Art (8/10)

Seitokai no Ichizon’s art style uses a mix of colors to make the show more appealing to the viewer. The show takes place mostly in the student council’s room, which is surprisingly doesn’t get boring at all. For the scenes that don’t take place in the student council room, they are beautiful to look at. The characters have all been well designed and are pleasing to look at. Overall, the show’s art style has a feel that nothing has been sloppily made, or rushed, which was, of course, a big plus of this show.

Sound (8/10)

The music of the opening gives the viewer a nice feeling with its cute and soft vocals, whereas the ending songs leave the viewer with a laugh, as the lyrics make fun of the otaku culture and are just funny to listen to. Each ending song is different to give the viewer something new at the end of each episode, which I liked much. The background music has been well-made, because each music piece fits the mood of what the characters are talking about. To my big surprise, all voice actors did one hell of a job voicing their characters. They were new to the industry; yet, they managed their work.

Characters (10/10)

--Kurimu Sakurano is a child-like president of the student council, who acts somewhat childish and loves sweets. At the beginning of nearly every episode she writes briefings on a white board.
--Chizura Akaba is a sadistic secretary, who loves Kurimu and is always trying to cuddle and abuse her.
--Mafuyu Shiina is Minatsu’s little sister and the club’s treasurer. She is addicted to video games and loves BL novels.
--Ken Sugisaki - is the valedictorian, or “blue chip” seat on the council because of being the highest scoring student. He loves to play eroge and bishoujo games. He dreams and plans to make the rest of the student council members his harem.

Enjoyment (8/10)

Seitokai no Ichizon is an anime that shows that a heavily detailed plot isn’t always needed to make an enjoyable anime. Its use of jokes and parodies really helps to carry the show. The anime’s cast made the show very amusing, and I found them quite likeable. The message that is given to the viewer in Seitokai no Ichizon is friendship. It reminds the viewer what most high schoolers find important, being able to spend time on studying, talking, relying on others for support, and building bonds with people they like.

Overall (8,4/10)

Seitokai no Ichizon has a nice charm to it with its comedy. The only problem of this show is that some of the show’s jokes rely on the viewer and that the viewer should have a good experience in anime, which may be difficult for one. While there are many anime better than Seitokai no Ichizon, it may still be enjoyable for one. I recommend this show to people who like comedy and simple stories without the need for a deeper plot.
Jul 2, 2015 1:58 AM

Apr 2015
Well sorry for taking so long for doing this, but here is the final version of Seitokai no Ichizon
http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=192009

Before i go and write the second season's review, i like to ask two things.

!. I been think about if i should rewrite my early reviews, the ones that i didn't have editing work done to them because i think i could make them better after having all the help i been getting here, Shout outs to Grusomhed (Gru-Senpai) and Speakss (Speakss-San) for helping so much

2. In a few weeks, i planning on doing a big project, where i be posting drafts here about every 3-4 days, and here the blog post http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=772151
Seto_MasamuneJul 2, 2015 2:59 AM
[center]
Jul 2, 2015 6:36 AM

Apr 2015
So here's Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2, i tried writing it in the style of comparing it to season 1 to see if that works, so guys tell me what you think about it
[center]
Jul 3, 2015 10:31 AM
Mar 2015
I have just returned from Japan and I simply don’t have enough energy to read your new review. Hopefully, I will help you out tomorrow.

!. I been think about if i should rewrite my early reviews, the ones that i didn't have editing work done to them because i think i could make them better after having all the help i been getting here, Shout outs to Grusomhed (Gru-Senpai) and Speakss (Speakss-San) for helping so much

--If you think that you will make them better, go for it. But if I were you, I would focus on the new reviews.

2. In a few weeks, i planning on doing a big project, where i be posting drafts here about every 3-4 days, and here the blog posthttp://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=772151

--So? What should I do with that?
Jul 3, 2015 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
OK, i wonder why haven't been active much. You right i should focus on the new reviews.
Also the second thing is still a idea, going to see if anyone else say anything about
But don't worry, i can't work on it until sunday anyway.
[center]
Jul 3, 2015 12:57 PM

Dec 2012
I didn't do any corrections because I feel like this review is not complete.
Give more depth and opinion in the art section, enjoyment, and over-all opinion sections.

Once you have finished with what I've suggested, I'll re-read and give grammar corrections.
Jul 3, 2015 9:00 PM

Apr 2015
Ok Speakss-san, will do what when i got time
[center]
Jul 4, 2015 4:39 AM
Mar 2015
1)Seto, please, use Microsoft Office Word to check your mistakes.

2) If you feel that the second season is forced, your review should display it. This, this and that made the second season dull and boring. It was uncertain to me if I was watching a comedy, or a romantic comedy. Did x love y? Was he/she ready to fight for her/his love? Why?

Or perhaps you should point out that in spite of the fact that x didn’t show that he was ready to fight for his love and didn’t show his/her feelings, there still was something interesting in this anime, which I should like.

3) You should remember that a reviewer should explain if an anime X will be interesting for his/her readers.
Jul 4, 2015 5:12 AM

Apr 2015
Ok, Gru-Senpai, I always don't know if i should write spoilers in my reviews but i think in this case i may have to. The second season does feel a bit forced as they numb down the randomness comedy and focus more on the romantic parts. But before i edit anything do you feel i should add abit of spoilers from season 1 or should i try my best to explain things without spoiling season 1 for people who haven't watched?
Also i don't when i can edit it, i may do it Monday or Wednesday, So i may not have the time to watch anime this week, so i going to focus time on this review first.
[center]
Jul 4, 2015 6:51 AM
Mar 2015
In case of your review on the second season of Seitokai, you are allowed to spoil whatever you want from the first season; yet, there should be no spoilers on the second season.

Seto, you should understand that the most important thing in your reviews is logic. Grammar is, indeed, a thing you should understand, but even with bad grammar people will understand you. BUT if you don’t follow logic, your reviews will be unreadable.

Show “A” is bad.

The anime’s cast was bad because:
A
B
C

The animation was bad becase:
A
B
C

The OST was bad because:
A
B
C

Overall: The show is bad, because A,B and C were…

That’s logic. You present your opinion and support it with facts.
NashetaniaJul 4, 2015 6:54 AM
Jul 8, 2015 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
Sorry for the slow response, guys, just been busy.
Anyway i have took what Speakss-San and Gru-Senpai as told me and here the edited version 1. So tell me what you guys think.

(Just a side note, i mostly likely won't be making a new review next week, unless a beat a game, so i can watch one more anime before my summer project, the only hint on what game it is, it came out on the 3th of this month and is one of my favorite games i played this year.)
[center]
Jul 11, 2015 1:35 AM
Mar 2015
I was wrong, Seto. Try to write a review, which will be 300-400 something words long.

Be attentive! Every sentence needs verb. (No:She still beautiful. Yes: She is still beautiful). Your sentence should have sense. It is simply impossible to use something like: He woke up, she is writing her hometask, she will have finished her hometask by the time her parents come back from the U.S.

So, Seto, write a very short review, BUT BE VERY ATTENTIVE.

[spoiler]
Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2

Disclaimer
It is recommend before reading this review, is to have watched and/or read a review on Seitokai no Ichizon, which I have wrote one and you can find it here
Also this review has been written in the style of that the reader has done the recommendation asked and only for comparison purposes only, spoilers of only season 1.

It is advisable to read this review after seeing the first season of Seitokai no Ichizon.

Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 is a very enjoyable anime with a good comedy and some heart-warming moments. But let’s see if it is different from the first season.

Student Council's Discretion (Seitokai no Ichizon) has the following genres: comedy, parody, school and harem. The anime is based on the light novel by Aoi Sekina and Kira Inugami; the show was produced by AIC; it aired between October 13, 2012 and December 15, 2012. The anime has 10 episodes in total.

Story-line (6/10)

Just like in the first season of Seitokai no Ichizon, the second season doesn’t have a story-line, because all episodes aren’t connected and the events of one episode don’t add much to the next episode. But unlike the first season, most episodes of the second season have more scenes taking place outside of the student council’s room, which was made in an attempt to make the second different from the first season.

The story-line continues from where the first season ended with only 6 more months until the graduation day, with the Kurimu and Chizura(color=red]It is Chuzuru*[/color] graduating and Minatsu and Mafuyu moving schools, leaving Ken with the task of creating his harem much harder to accomplish. So, throughout the second season, Ken tries to make the four girls happy and to show them how much he loves them. The comedy part in the second season was somewhat weaker than in the first season; yet, the character development received much more attention than in the first season. But for some reason the interaction between the characters felt forced and unfeasible.

Art (8/10)

Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 uses a very similar art style to the first season, with the only noticeable change being the use of brighter colors and a smoother look to the animation, which made the show more attractive to the viewer. Another difference was that the student council room was different from what it was in the first season, but it didn’t change the fact the it is still boring to look at.

In Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2, more time was given to scenes outside the student council’s room, which was interesting, since they showed other places including Ken’s room. This gave the viewer something new, instead of keeping them just in the student council room and in that room only, which season 1 did most of the time. This also allowed the viewer to see other parts of the characters’ lives outside the student council room. All in all, the characters still look well-designed and pleasing to look at just like in the first season.
[color=red]People who have already seen the first season will recognize some characters and be treated to some ones, which look just as good. Overall, while the changes aren’t big enough to make a difference compared to season 1, but instead of just giving the same things to the viewer, provides them something new to see.[/red] Either delete that part, or re-write it.

Sound (8/10)
Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 captured the same feeling with the music like the first season did. The new opening for Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 gave a nice feeling with its soft and cute vocals, while the ending unlike the first season, was sung by the female singers. The background music still sounded well and each musical piece fitted the mood of what the characters were taking about. Lastly, the voice actors still did one hell of a job voicing their characters, except for Chizura and Mafuyu, because they received the new voice actresses.
While Mafuyu’s voice actress was as good as her voice actress in the first season, Chizura’s voice actress on the other hand, failed to be as good as her voice actress in the first season.

Characters (9/10) *Note in the final version I will update the voice actors.

--Kurimu Sakurano, voiced by Mariko Honda (Yuuko Aioi from Nichijou and Mazinger Z from Robot Girls Z) - is a child-like president of the student council, who acts somewhat childish and loves sweets. At the beginning of nearly every episode she writes briefings on a white board. In season 1, Ken revealed that he met Kurimu in the spring, while helping her carry boxes. There he asked her how to become a better person and she suggested playing dating simulator games, as the goal of the main character is to make every girl happy, thus making him want to create a harem with Kurimu in it. This gave Ken a goal and showed him that he should look forward to the future.

--Chizura Akaba, voiced by Yuka Saitou (Mira from High School DxD and Ritsu Kisaragi from Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky) - is a sadistic secretary, who loves Kurimu and is always trying to cuddle and abuse her. Ken met her in the autumn, while he was suffering from a broken heart by the two girls he loved. There, Chizuru showed him compassion and healed his heart.

--Minatsu Shiina, voiced by Misuzu Togashi (Origami Tobiichi from Date a Live and Yukiteru Amano from Mirai Nikki) - is a tomboyish vice-president, who loves shounen to a point that most of her suggestions are based on them. Ken met Minatsu in the summer. He looked up to her and wanted to be like her, but she told him that he shouldn’t aim at being like her and that instead of it he should aim for the impossible. This taught Ken that he has to fight for anything he desires.

--Mafuyu Shiina, voiced by Yuki Horinaka - is Minatsu’s little sister and the club’s treasurer. She is addicted to video games and loves BL novels. Ken met Mafuyu in the winter in an online chat room. One night, he fell asleep in the snow, and even with Mafuyu’s fear of men, she took him out of the cold and saved his life. This showed him what the real strength looks like. At the end of first season, Mafuya confesses her love for Ken but tells him she just wanted to show her feelings and doesn’t want to start a relationship with him.

--Ken Sugisaki, voiced by Takashi Kondou (Hibiki Laytis from Fairy Tail and Takumi Kaizu from _Summer) - is the valedictorian, or “blue chip” seat of the student council, because of being the highest scoring student. He loves to play eroge and bishoujo games. He dreams and plans to make the rest of the student council members his harem. At the end of season 1, he reveals why he joined the student council. He had met all four girls throughout the year before he joined the council and each one of them changed his life and made him the kind, hardworking but goofy and perverse person he is now. He joined the council for the sole purpose of repaying the four girls by making them happy.

Enjoyment (8/10)
Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 is still enjoyable to me, even if the comedy was weaker that it was in season 1. Its focus on character’s development was a nice change, but still felt very forced to me , as the great chemistry between the characters in season 1, wasn’t there in season 2 because of changes made to the story from season 1. The Art has improved and provided more places to see than in season 1 and the introducing of some characters, that was only spoke of a little in season 1 was welcome, but still hurt the story. The sound still is one of my favorite things about the show, with the opening song sounding better than season 1’s but most of the ending songs, I still enjoyed them, didn’t give me the same feelings like season 1’s, only the last ending was better than season 1’s. The new voice actresses for Chizura and Mafuyu was impressive but the new one for Chizura, just could give the same feeling in the scenes when she is sadistic like Yuka Saitou did. The message from the first season of friendship is stronger in the second season because of watch over the course of the season, the character’ relationships grow so much that leaves a nice, warm feeling by the end. NO, make it readable.

Overall (8.2/10)
Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 suffers from what happens in some sequels, it gets overshadow by its prequel. While it still enjoyable, it just fails to match the first season because of the comedy being weaker to make room for character development that feels forced. The art has been improved and gives viewers new and interesting things to see. The sound as both improved and not, while the opening song and the new voice for Mafuyu are welcome improvements, most of the ending songs and Chizura’s new voice just doesn’t deliver the same affect and feels a step backwards. But even with these facts, if you enjoyed Seitokai no Ichizon, then Seitokai no Ichizon Lv.2 gives you a lovely and nice ending to the story but the journey doesn’t feel as filling as Seitokai no Ichizon was.

SERIOUS MISTAKES:
1)The comedy has been water down compare to the first season and there been more focus on character development. (It is not English, forget about that sentence once and for all.)
2) Actor=male ,actress=female.
3) Lastly needs firstly. E.g. Firstly, this song is gay. Secondly, only a frigging fgg will like. Thirdly, you should be a complete retard to listen to it. And lastly, go fuck yourself; your musical taste sucks.
4)He’s heart means he is heart, or he has heart; IT IS HIS HEART.
5) While it still enjoyable, it just fails to match the first season because of the comedy being weaker to make room for character development that feels forced. (EVERY SENTENCE NEEDS VERB. “While it still enjoyable”. Where is the verb?)
NashetaniaJul 11, 2015 1:38 AM
Jul 11, 2015 1:56 AM

Apr 2015
Ok Gru-senpai, just a few questions before i work on it tomorrow,
I know it is long but when i started to write, i was following your logic and may of gotten a little carried away with it. Should i scrap most of it or just make the changes you ask while keeping most of it.
I don't understand why you put a line thought the enjoyment part, is it bad or just not needed, because i can't see what's wrong. (Never mind i read it the thing you put i missed it the first time)

Just a note, i was still tried from real life things and i wanted to try my best to make this one better than the others.
Seto_MasamuneJul 11, 2015 2:09 AM
[center]
Jul 11, 2015 2:54 AM
Mar 2015
I am not gonna lie, some parts of your reviews were good, but then your review just became unreadable. So, it is too early for you to write long reviews. Forget about that long review and don’t even open it anymore. Try to write a very short (300-400 words), but a very good review. What I mean is that you should be extremely attentive. Imagine that your beloved will die, if you make a mistake.

Try to do it and we will see what to do after it.

1)Sense.
2)300-400 words.
3)Spell-checker.
4) When you write a sentence, you should read it 3-4 times before writing the new one.

Good luck.
Jul 11, 2015 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
Ok, well i don't want to scrap all of it but i think i going to condense it, i never been good with word limits, but i try to keep it short, it maybe 500 to 600 words but i don't know, i see after i do some editing. If you can, show me parts you think i could use, it will help me focus on the good bits and work from there. Good thing i not watching anything this week aswel.
[center]
Jul 11, 2015 7:57 AM
Mar 2015
Grusomhed said:
I am not gonna lie, some parts of your reviews were good, but then your review just became unreadable. So, it is too early for you to write long reviews. [u]Forget about that long review and don’t even open it anymore.[/u] Try to write a very short (300-400 words), but a very good review. What I mean is that you should be extremely attentive. Imagine that your beloved will die, if you make a mistake.

Try to do it and we will see what to do after it.

1)Sense.
2)300-400 words.
3)Spell-checker.
4) When you write a sentence, you should read it 3-4 times before writing the new one.

Good luck.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】 Opening of the Season - Day 1 (Spring 2024)

HaXXspetten - Yesterday

18 by KANLen09 »»
3 minutes ago

» Ishura & Tokyo Revenger

Straw_Hat_369 - 8 hours ago

0 by Straw_Hat_369 »»
8 hours ago

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

44 by Tsuxken »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.