Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 21, 2020 4:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
First half was kinda useless because of the useless flashback, second half was good, Rukia has guts
Feb 17, 2021 9:47 PM
Aug 2020
Didn't like this episode much the first time I watched it, but then I went back and watched it again and liked it better.

I didn't mind the flashback because it consisted of dialogue we'd mostly never seen before. It also made Kaien's last words to Rukia make a whole lot more sense: "Thanks to you, I can leave my heart here."

She took a pretty grim wound though - wonder if she'll run into Ichigo and Nel and Nel will be able to heal her?
Apr 3, 2021 6:34 PM

Feb 2020
Never can argue with Rukia flashback's or her past. Good episode, I enjoyed it. Wish the fight actually had more action. Aaroniero dying was a little bit freaky.
Jan 8, 2022 4:05 PM
Aug 2021
Not gonna lie i did get a little bored at the backstory but the fight was good not one of the best but still it felt felt like it was actually impactful to the plot.
I was just relly getting bored with the fallen espada fights

Ps:- i don't why but i thought Kuchiki was some how gonna pull a bankai like how Renji did ..lol
Apr 30, 2022 9:55 AM
Oct 2019
he has the assorted abilities of 30,000 hollows, but still lose to Rukia... what the hell lmao

Rukia die? nahh she fine, she is the Main Character...lol
Jul 1, 2022 3:42 PM

Dec 2012
Recaps aside, this was definitely one of the better & more impactful moments in a while - particularly for Rukia. Learning more about her connection to Kaien and what he meant by leaving his heart behind definitely got me sentimental. On a broader note, the idea of connecting feelings, memories & souls through bonds is the recurring theme I love to continue exploring in anime.

I actually like how Rukia won. It had more to do with her resolve and knowing where Kaien's heart & soul truly resided.
ZekkenshinJul 1, 2022 3:46 PM
Jul 16, 2022 8:37 AM

Jan 2021
Those espada are weak af, Ryukiya really beat one espada by herself that tells me all I need to know about them
Aug 5, 2022 10:09 AM
Mar 2018
Impaled and successfully launched a counterattack um okay.
Aug 18, 2022 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
Kinda enjoy the flashback of Rukia and Kaien-dono

The fight is anti climatic though
That Espada has 30,000 hollow power, but ded from getting stabbed once in the face kek
Sep 12, 2022 8:28 PM

Jan 2016
The realization of the heart thing, is another version of the saying “you die the second time when someone says your name for the last time”. I actually liked it. I kind of realize now why people say this is the lowest point of the anime. The fodder fights are boring. But the big fights are coming up soon.

Sep 22, 2022 4:38 PM
May 2020
never thought of it like that, rukia perfectly understands the feelings that Orihime is going through
Sep 25, 2022 4:14 PM
Apr 2021
o passado da rukia com o Kaien Shiba e ela derrotando o espada foi muito epico
Nov 21, 2022 1:06 PM

Apr 2018
I like the second half of this episode. What Kaien said to Rukia about heart is super meaningful~ I want to keep that in mind.

davidyodo24 said:
he has the assorted abilities of 30,000 hollows, but still lose to Rukia... what the hell lmao

Rukia die? nahh she fine, she is the Main Character...lol

...I mean, the way you put it.... LOOOOL'd!!! Rukia's been getting easy kills so far if you think about it hahahaha! She got rid of the fused hollow Kaien with just her sword sticking out. She got rid of that weak Arrancar with her Zanpakuto and now this Espada. I guess 30,000+ hollows don't really mean anything. ( ̄  ̄|||). I'm like laughing in pain because it seems like she's only doing the minimum.
Jul 30, 2023 11:04 PM

Sep 2020
The Renji/Dondochakka banter dragged on a little too long for my liking but it is what it is. Hope he's not too screwed since Szayelaporro broke his bankai.

Some nice Rukia backstory this episode, definitely fleshes out more of her history with Kaien to build off of the last flashback. And she managed to kill an espada by herself! She's always been my favorite female character in Bleach. I hope she can get some help soon, because she definitely can't be of any more help saving Orihime with the injuries she got during the fight.
Little side thought related to that: Why is my girl always getting impaled? Kubo really loves injuring her in horrible ways.
Oct 5, 2023 1:38 PM
Mar 2023
For a backstory episode about Rukia and Kaien was nice to watch. It bought more into the relationship and respect she had for the lieutenant than in the previous flashback scene we had of the two of them. Bought back the lesson her captain told her seeing as Kaien told her the same thing guessing the Captain told him as well. What was hard to believe was that Rukia killing he espada with just one impalement into the head. I know that she cleaved one of the balls in half but odds of that happening is so high.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 361 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 21, 2012

153 by Zorosake »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete) ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Oct 16, 2010

210 by Xashinz »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 40 Discussion

lsumi - Aug 13, 2008

35 by AdytuYT »»
Apr 24, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

24 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 23, 5:20 PM

» Bleach: Project Hogyoku (2024) - redefinition of the original anime

dzudoKing - Feb 1

15 by 18927 »»
Apr 23, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.