Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Dec 11, 2014 1:01 PM
Jun 2013
fst said:
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you've just demonstrated that that was a mistake, so much for that.

I didn't deserve it.

nocorras said:
How is Shirou gutless? He's quite willing to die for his ideals and save someone else over himself. If you want to call him foolish for not valuing himself over others then that's fine. He fought in his belief in his ideals.

If anyone is gutless it's Kerry for never trying to adapt and not murder everyone he comes across.

Fair point. I think I could have worded it better. What I meant is that Shiro tries not to hurt anyone if possible.

And yes, that resist annoys me about him, and that's what's weird about me as well.
Dec 11, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2013
SwordHand said:
Kirua- said:

You aren't too stupid, you just have a different opinion. And yes, I prefer an adult serial kill with idiotic ideals over a gutless kid with idiotic ideals, even if the development of Shiro is quite impressively done.

Am I supposed to care about that? What is the advantage of being primary? And who decides who is secondary and who is primary anyway?

I'm fine with secondary. I'm just breaking MAL's ultimate law of publicly uttering an opinion.

Can somebody explain to me what constitutes a secondary anyways? I've seen the term thrown around, but never really understood what it meant.
Basically someone who never read the source and starts judging it(the source material) based on an adaptation (usually before it even ends, but in Fate/'s case it's DEENight), in turn making laughable criticisms. And it's not limited to Fate/, we just started using it a shit ton more a few months back.

In short, people who don't know what they are talking about.
BotatoDec 11, 2014 1:06 PM
Dec 11, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
Kirua- said:
I think it has a darker vibe (that I probably get because there's no single school appearing in F/Z,
t.

It look like a school to me : http://anime.astronerdboy.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-zMGC_PxnGHo/Tt4laVt_oQI/AAAAAAAAYNo/QBS5Ln_I5wo/s1600/x2%2BKotone%2Band%2BRin%2Bwith%2Bpapers.jpg
(F/Z is awesome for me and Fsn too.)
Dec 11, 2014 1:06 PM

May 2009
CookingPriest said:
Zero is a puddle of black paint that creates illusion of depth that way.

FSN is an ocean of clear clear water, that becomes dark from its own depth.
Damn, that's deep.
Dec 11, 2014 1:07 PM
Jun 2013
Aurioch said:
Kirua- said:
because there's no single school appearing in F/Z

First episode.

Clock tower.

Kayneth teaches students.

Waver is a student.

School pretty much?

That's an academy about magic. Yeah, pretty much still a school but... c'mon, you know what I mean. The atmosphere is completely different.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Your opinion.........sure. But why are you so hell bent on proving it a a fact when it's not?

Proving it a fact? what

I haven't said anything that could be proved a fact anyway. I've merely uttered my opinion.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Besides i have my doubt whether you have "read" anything other than FZ at all.

Deal with it.
Dec 11, 2014 1:10 PM
Aug 2012
Kirua- said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Your opinion.........sure. But why are you so hell bent on proving it a a fact when it's not?

Proving it a fact? what

I haven't said anything that could be proved a fact anyway. I've merely uttered my opinion.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Deal with it.

Yet you are one coming back with your "FZ is dark" stuff................heh.

Jul 2013
Kirua- said:
Aurioch said:

First episode.

Clock tower.

Kayneth teaches students.

Waver is a student.

School pretty much?

That's an academy about magic. Yeah, pretty much still a school but... c'mon, you know what I mean. The atmosphere is completely different.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Proving it a fact? what

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Deal with it.

Here school with children in F/Z :
http://anime.astronerdboy.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-zMGC_PxnGHo/Tt4laVt_oQI/AAAAAAAAYNo/QBS5Ln_I5wo/s1600/x2%2BKotone%2Band%2BRin%2Bwith%2Bpapers.jpg

Oct 2014
SwordHand said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

You don't like "Shirou" and "FZ is darker" according to you..........good for you. But how about not throwing around delusional words like gutless or other BS? Besides i have my doubt whether you have "read" anything other than FZ at all.

He's literally 1 vs all atm. Cut him a break. It's hard to keep cool when you're swamped from all sides.

Agreed, he's given his position and opinions. No reason someone isn't allowed to like F/Z over FSN if they've read the VN. Some people just have different preferences and apparently Fate/Zero fits him.
Dec 11, 2014 1:11 PM
Aug 2012

Dude logic and facts don't work with Secondaries...........don't you know?

Dec 11, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Maybe he skips the Rin episode on rewatch. I know I did.
Dec 11, 2014 1:13 PM
Aug 2012
nocorras said:

Agreed, he's given his position and opinions. No reason someone isn't allowed to like F/Z over FSN if they've read the VN. Some people just have different preferences and apparently Fate/Zero fits him.

That much is quite clear, but his "issue" and "wording" about FSN could have been better. Shirou is gutless..........seriously?

Dec 11, 2014 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
Kirua- said:
fst said:
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you've just demonstrated that that was a mistake, so much for that.

I didn't deserve it.

nocorras said:
How is Shirou gutless? He's quite willing to die for his ideals and save someone else over himself. If you want to call him foolish for not valuing himself over others then that's fine. He fought in his belief in his ideals.

If anyone is gutless it's Kerry for never trying to adapt and not murder everyone he comes across.

Fair point. I think I could have worded it better. What I meant is that Shiro tries not to hurt anyone if possible.

And yes, that resist annoys me about him, and that's what's weird about me as well.

So how is that bad?How come the one that just kills everyone in sight is a better character?

That is what secondary means.Someone that has only a superficial understanding of the story and characters or has nothing except bs reasons and/or personal preference to base his opinion on.

Nothing you said so far makes FZ superior.Sure it is more to your taste(even if it is nonsensical) but that doesnt make it superior.
Dec 11, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
nocorras said:

That much is quite clear, but his "issue" and "wording" about FSN could have been better. Shirou is gutless..........seriously?

Eh, I called him on it and he admitted he should have worded it better. It's kind of hard to argue 5+v1.
Dec 11, 2014 1:16 PM

Nov 2013
nocorras said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Eh, I called him on it and he admitted he should have worded it better. It's kind of hard to argue 5+v1.
Well this is what happens when someone has an unpopular opinion of a very popular anime...
Dec 11, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
Kirua- said:

You mean that there is not enough gore and crazies going around?
Well we are sorry that FSN doesnt have FZ Caster to make the body count sky high.
Dec 11, 2014 1:17 PM
Aug 2012
nocorras said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Arguing about what exactly? FZ i better because it suits his taste while FSN doesn't.........then proceed to show biased reasoning. That's really not arguing...........

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I would never d o.

That is literally the only part where Zero anime is superior to Zero LN.

Nov 2013
So it turns out Secondary has more than one meaning.
Who knew..
Dec 11, 2014 1:18 PM
Jun 2013
Guilek said:
Kirua- said:
I think it has a darker vibe (that I probably get because there's no single school appearing in F/Z,
t.

It look like a school to me : http://anime.astronerdboy.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-zMGC_PxnGHo/Tt4laVt_oQI/AAAAAAAAYNo/QBS5Ln_I5wo/s1600/x2%2BKotone%2Band%2BRin%2Bwith%2Bpapers.jpg

lolshit, you got me

my only excuse is... I can forgive it for that one time? idk

BotatoPriest said:
]Basically someone who never read the source and starts judging it(the source material) based on an adaptation (usually before it even ends, but in Fate/'s case it's DEENight), in turn making laughable criticisms. And it's not limited to Fate/, we just started using it a shit ton more a few months back.

> laughable criticism

You made yourself sound like a blind fanboy. You don't have to protect an Anime you love from another one who likes it, because the other fun doesn't think it's perfect. Don't take everything so personally.
Dec 11, 2014 1:20 PM

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
nocorras said:

I would never d o.

You mean aside from the part where the pictures move?
Dec 11, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

There is always hope:

Aug 2009
Calling Shirou gutless is laughable criticism.
Saying the atmosphere isn't dark because of school is laughable criticism.

Saying that FZ fits more your taste isnt laughable criticism because it isnt criticism and wont receive flames.

But NOOOOO, everyone wants to make their taste a fact.

Nov 2014
Kirua- said:
Guilek said:

lolshit, you got me

BotatoPriest said:
]Basically someone who never read the source and starts judging it(the source material) based on an adaptation (usually before it even ends, but in Fate/'s case it's DEENight), in turn making laughable criticisms. And it's not limited to Fate/, we just started using it a shit ton more a few months back.

> laughable criticism

You made yourself sound like a blind fanboy. You don't have to protect an Anime you love from another one who likes it, because the other fun doesn't think it's perfect. Don't take everything so personally.

The criticisms of schools is one thing I'll never get. Whenever a youtuber or reviewer tries to use it as a way to show that a show is immature, it just seems like a young adult constantly telling themself "I'm not a kid anymore."

You probably have different reasons for disliking the school setting though.

Dec 11, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
Kirua- said:
Guilek said:

lolshit, you got me

BotatoPriest said:

> laughable criticism

Well thank you for not reading my post correctly, I guess.

I clearly said judging the source material based on an adaptation before it even ends. Well, in Fate/Stay Night's case it would be the 2006 anime which butchered the source material. Yes the criticisms the VN gets for a barely accurate 'adaptation' ARE laughable.

And I wasn't even talking about you, but rather talking in general about how I understand the term.
Dec 11, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2007
We have great quote on someone's sig, made by someone great and irrefutably awesome, about schools and parasyte.

fst said:
CookingPriest said:

I would never d o.

You mean aside from the part where the pictures move?

They always move in my head.
Dec 11, 2014 1:35 PM
Jun 2013
HentaiPriest said:

Saying that FZ fits more your taste isnt laughable criticism because it isnt criticism and wont receive flames.

So basically, I've said that I prefer F/Z over F/SN, and that only. Then I got the response that it's meaningless if I wouldn't give my reasons. But any reason is laughable criticism apparently, so theoretically I'm fucked either way, whether I specify or not.

I never made my taste a fact. How often did I say "To me" or "In my opinion"? This proves you feel offended by my opinion and totally forgot it's merely an opinion, and try to pass it off as an attempt of making my taste a fact.

I've sait that I prefer F/Z. I got asked why, and I answered. I stated that it's just my opinion, that it might be weird, that you might not agree, but you act like this is World War III. If you don't agree, then that's fine.

I agree that my taste and my reasoning might be a bit off sometimes, but that's just how I am. If you don't agree, then don't overdramaticize everything and move on. Is it that difficult?
Dec 11, 2014 1:43 PM

Aug 2009
Kirua- said:
HentaiPriest said:

So basically, I've said that I prefer F/Z over F/SN, and that only. Then I got the response that it's meaningless if I wouldn't give my reasons. But any reason is laughable criticism apparently, so theoretically I'm fucked either way, whether I specify or not.

I never made my taste a fact. How often did I say "To me" or "In my opinion"? This proves you feel offended by my opinion and totally forgot it's merely an opinion, and try to pass it off as an attempt of making my taste a fact.

I've sait that I prefer F/Z. I got asked why, and I answered. I stated that it's just my opinion, that it might be weird, that you might not agree, but you act like this is World War III. If you don't agree, then that's fine.

I agree that my taste and my reasoning might be a bit off sometimes, but that's just how I am. If you don't agree, then don't overdramaticize everything and move on. Is it that difficult?

Kirua- said:
Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night are like two different Anime. The atmosphere is completely different, and F/Z is much deeper and better thought-out. So yeah, F/Z is definitely superior. F/SN is just ranked higher so far because of the hype. Once it's done, it's going to be around ~#40-60. I'd say, give F/Z a go.

Yes yes you are a victim here.

I am all open for other people's tastes even if I cant understand them.But I dont like shitty reasoning that tries to pass as "opinion" when countered.

You take it as seriously as we do the difference is in the positions.
Dec 11, 2014 2:03 PM
Sep 2013
F/Z had different atmosphere compared to F/SN.
Haven't read VN neither do I care about it, but so far F/SN has failed to impress me personally, there's just nothing outstanding about it.
Truth be told I doubt that I'd even be watching this show if it didn't had the F/ name.
All again, this is my own personal opinion, don't get upset keyboard warriors.
Dec 11, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2014
caperock said:
Haven't read VN neither do I care about it, but so far F/SN has failed to impress me personally, there's just nothing outstanding about it.
Truth be told I doubt that I'd even be watching this show if it didn't had the F/ name.

Round 2.

Fight.
Dec 11, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
nocorras said:
caperock said:

Round 2.

Fight.
Can a mod just lock this war zone of a thread already? Jesus Christ...

caperock said:
Well I'd be happy to tell you, if you didn't know, that Fate/Stay Night is what started the Fate/ name thing.
Dec 11, 2014 2:11 PM

Sep 2014
I'm surprised, no love for best route. Oh well, the fun is yet to begin *licks lips* my body is ready.
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 11, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
mira-lala said:
I'm surprised, no love for best route. Oh well, the fun is yet to begin *licks lips* my body is ready.
You won't get your Good End, Last Episode, or ArcherXSaber pairing, if that's what you mean.

Then again certain future events may very well be ArcherXSaber for you, considering your... AHEM.. Sadistic tendencies...
Dec 11, 2014 2:14 PM
Sep 2013
Yeah, it was also hentai game from what I've head with some pretty explicit content.
That's not something I like.
I quite don't get the hype behind the Type Moon series either, Kara no Kyōkai was supposedly extremely good too, I found it rather boring though, except for the 5th movie.
So as far as the Type Moon series go, from what I;ve seen, F/Z is my personal favorite.
Dec 11, 2014 2:15 PM

Oct 2014
caperock said:
Yeah, it was also hentai game from what I've head with some pretty explicit content.
I quite don't get the hype behind the Type Moon series either, Kara no Kyōkai was supposedly extremely good too, I found it rather boring though, except for the 5th movie.
So as far as the Type Moon series go, from what I;ve seen, F/Z is my personal favorite.

I don't think you're trying hard enough.
Dec 11, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
>Hentai game
>Kara no Kyoukai boring
>Hentai game

Trigger, off
Dec 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Sep 2013

Almost.
Dec 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2014
CorePriest said:

Almost.

LOL

Lancer's SM Outfit 2 gud.

Dec 11, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
KachidokiPriest said:
Trigger, off
How I wish World Trigger was being adapted by a different studio.
Dec 11, 2014 2:25 PM

Sep 2014
SwordHand said:

The criticisms of schools is one thing I'll never get. Whenever a youtuber or reviewer tries to use it as a way to show that a show is immature, it just seems like a young adult constantly telling themself "I'm not a kid anymore."

You probably have different reasons for disliking the school setting though.

I think what kirua was getting at is that the characters were still going to school inspite of being in a deadly battle royale and "treating it like a game".... this means overlooking rin's investigations and keeping the bound field in check. Shirou on the other hand is a fish out of water, he has goals but no way in how to see them through. he is recieving combat training from Saber and is working on getting better. Some people seem to just perfer the already professional over the novice and his attemps at getting better
Dec 11, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2014
caperock said:
nocorras said:

I don't think you're trying hard enough.

What is that supposed to mean?
If you can't handle clear personal opinions you should grow a thicker skin, it's a good thing to have in real life too.
As far as the show goes, if you like it, that's fine, I have nothing against it, and neither should you be upset over what I said.

It means you're just another run of the mill troll, nothing special really. I'm sorry you're not getting the responses you want, if I were upset I'd let you know.
Dec 11, 2014 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
BotatoPriest said:
KachidokiPriest said:
Trigger, off
How I wish World Trigger was being adapted by a different studio.

Toei and Kenji Kawai. That's like Fai's personal war horn
Dec 11, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2010
caperock said:

Having sex scenes =/= hentai game.
There are 2 sex scenes in Fate route, 2 in UBW (iirc) and 2-3 in HF route (also iirc). And all those are removed (but restoreable if one wishes to) and replaced with alternate scenes in Realta Nua version, which is all-ages version (sort of).

Also, violence is counted as "explicit content" as well, something Fate/Zero has as well in roughly the same or a little greater amounts than Fate/Zero.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Dec 11, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2011
They're all shit, go watch Shingetsutan Tsukihime instead.
Dec 11, 2014 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
-Shuda- said:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2meuyvc.jpg this sums it all up
Dec 11, 2014 2:37 PM

Sep 2014
BotatoPriest said:
mira-lala said:
You won't get your Good End, Last Episode, or ArcherXSaber pairing, if that's what you mean.

Then again certain future events may very well be ArcherXSaber for you, considering your... AHEM.. Sadistic tendencies...

1) I don't care about Rin's harem. If it's not with Shirou/Archer/Even Gil, it's not worth Seiba staying.

2) I don't care whether LE gets animated anymore. Me getting me gift anyway~

3) Hey, hey. Shirou's still gonna say what he's gonna say. And Archer still loves her anyway~

Hehhehe, heehhehehe

DEEN did it right. Your turn UFO *u*
Dec 11, 2014 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
-Shuda- said:
Dec 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Sep 2014
Aurioch said:
caperock said:

Having sex scenes =/= hentai game.
There are 2 sex scenes in Fate route, 2 in UBW (iirc) and 2-3 in HF route (also iirc). And all those are removed (but restoreable if one wishes to) and replaced with alternate scenes in Realta Nua version, which is all-ages version (sort of).

Also, violence is counted as "explicit content" as well, something Fate/Zero has as well in roughly the same or a little greater amounts than Fate/Zero.

1 in UBW, no she didn't get raped. 5 in HF.
Dec 11, 2014 2:42 PM

Mar 2011
Kirua- said:

> laughable criticism

A dark atmosphere is in the first place just a type of tone a setting in a piece of fiction has and as such it does not make a show better or worse. So yes its laughable criticism.
Raziel1991Dec 11, 2014 2:46 PM
Dec 11, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:
caperock said:

FZ had pretty explicit content as well...with lolis.

Try harder.

Also drinking semen.
Dec 11, 2014 2:48 PM

Sep 2014
BotatoPriest said:
-Shuda- said:

well yea unlike that fate/shit night we acutally got an impleid sex scene instead of dragons and dolphins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zozcVbyXCTA&list=PLAC1583E4A61358C6&index=33
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.