Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2014 2:06 PM
Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Brock's raging face is funny. I was hoping for Brock to win but owh well.
Oct 20, 2015 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
Marshtomp is a lot stronger than I thought.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Feb 20, 2017 1:57 AM

Jun 2009
lol what a joke. as if an evee could beat a marshstomp with field advantage. and brock is an ex-gym leader too.
Nov 12, 2018 6:42 AM
Mar 2018
This episode was another boring contest episode. It picked up near the end with some good fights, and there was some funny parts, but it was too little, too late. Brock actually battling was neat, though.
Sep 30, 2020 4:16 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, ridiculous and a shame that Brock had to lose like this xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2021 9:40 PM

Sep 2017
dang Brock is brutal and smart in that contest and it showed very well. eevee kept getting rekt when it used dig attack.
Sep 28, 2022 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
Bruh.... Brock was robbed so damn bad. I ain't having this unless writers make May come clean with the roids she's been stuffing Eevee with. Writers had Eevee tanking more hits than Ash's Snorlax ever could smh. The size of that last shadow ball was the most unnatural thing I've ever seen lmao.

Aug 10, 2023 8:56 AM

Aug 2021

• We get introduced to our character of the day Mika. Kinda expected her to play a more active part. While her intro seemed that she could've given a tougher match but Brock sweeped her bad lmao

• Seeing a Raticate after all this time felt really nice for some reason

• Yuma: Another Character of the day but this time a more important one

• Really showcased what power of love can do to a man 

• Apparently Jessie decided to give up on this contest... pretty sure she could've just come up with a new costume. She didn't have any ribbons anyways
  • Damn Brock is broken and so OP... literally sweeped the entire contest 

• and I'm betting he would've just deleted Eevee if not for the writing... more on that later

• I'm pretty sure if we got more combat scenes and episodes focused on Brock they'd turn out to be my favorites. Just look how brother utilises the skills of all Pokemon in his party.

• Finally, this episode could've been easy 10/10 but WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT WRITING???? The episode went straight from 10/10 to 1/10 in a matter of a single minute

• As @Attackonfiller said, apparently Eevee can tank more hits than Ash's snorlax ever could... those Pokeblocks be giving him infinite HP
    • Marshtomp suddenly cannot move on a field that is literally favourable for his own typing which he himself created
    • Eevee suddenly starts dealing huge damage
    • Brock's pointing have been deducted even though he neither received any damage nor did Eevee dodge anything display anything incredible. The contest was rigged.
    • I realise there was no point in Brock having a ribbon but May's plot armour these last few episodes is just unbearable. Literally comes up with some non-sense strategy and the opponent's points start getting deducted faster.

• And this is how people this episode managed to get into my top 10 list of most hated Pokemon episodes of all time in a single minute of battle. Just after I'd thought that writers were getting good *sob*

Feb 25, 10:13 PM

Mar 2011
Reply to vasilis0602
Marshtomp is a lot stronger than I thought.
@vasilis0602
Eevee is a lot stronger than I thought. lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 33 Discussion

Albi-kun - Jun 27, 2014

7 by Larutz »»
Apr 23, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advance Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Nov 30, 2009

17 by Larutz »»
Apr 23, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advance Episode 4 Discussion

VVill - Dec 31, 2011

6 by Larutz »»
Apr 23, 2:37 AM

» I really like how much better handled May was than Misty

precita - Jan 29

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 11, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 185 Discussion

cloudandlight - Dec 7, 2018

4 by MysticGekkougaZ »»
Feb 7, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.