Forum Settings
Forums

To anyone who has played/read Saya no Uta (no spoilers)...

New
Nov 28, 2014 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
...did you have to stop every 5 seconds to look up the definition of a word? I've just started playing it. I didn't think that my vocabulary was particularly limited, but this suggests otherwise. Even cutting out medical terms ("subdural hematoma"), words like "rumination" and "furtively" had me stumped.

Did anyone else experience this, or is my vocabulary just really limited?
Nov 28, 2014 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
I thought the writing was fairly standard.
Nov 28, 2014 9:30 PM

Dec 2013
I don't remember having difficulty understanding the words when I read it as a Junior in high school.

Obviously words like "subdural hematoma" aren't going to be familiar since they pertain to a very specific set of vocabulary.

All I remember is getting bored and sleepy on my second play through for the alternate ending; which was worth it mind you.
Definitely stick around for the true ending.

I give my thumbs up to Saya no Uta, but gawd did it feel like a chore the second time around, even with the CTRL button.
Now that I think about it, I was probably just tired at that point.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Nov 28, 2014 9:32 PM

Nov 2014
I can't remember having trouble at all with the vocabulary and terms. Umineko on the other hand I've constantly googled things lol.

When love and death embrace.
Nov 29, 2014 3:37 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
uhh no I don't think I ever had to do that.. pretty standard writing imo

medical terms aside
Nov 29, 2014 6:03 AM

Dec 2012
Fair enough, cheers for the answers. I probably just need to read more, I don't think I've read a non-text-book in several years now.
Nov 29, 2014 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
I do experience this, too, and even pause Anime sometimes, just because I want to know the exact Definition and not the one that came from the Context out of my Mind, so I would say other than the potential Lack of Vocabulary (for which I could give an Excuse such as not being a native English Speaker), I would say it's a Question on how sensitive you are when it comes to understand a Text. Like do you want to understand it only roughly or do you strike to understand everything as exactly as possible.

More topics from this board

» The Mike Pollock drama that is going on recently will go down in history!

funtime43_tr - May 4

7 by herry98 »»
Yesterday, 12:46 PM

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

63 by paintpixie »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - May 7

8 by Lucifrost »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

28 by MalchikRepaid »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

» What Are Your Favorite Games? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ZeroTatsuyaYu - Mar 13, 2016

289 by SolidPayne »»
Yesterday, 6:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.