Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 11, 2014 2:23 AM

Dec 2013
I finished Kokoro Connect yesterday and I loved how Taichi and his little sister cared for eachother so much that she gave him choclates on valentines day and she gave her first kiss to him on his cheek, that was so cute I was about to faint :3

So is there an anime where the brother really cares and protects his little sister who really loves her onii-chan (not in a romantic way, I hate incest).

BIG PLUS if it isn't an anime where she dies (and not comes back to life somehow lol)

Thanks in advance :)

Nov 11, 2014 3:29 AM
Nov 2014
No game No life maybe? - from what I can remember pretty sure it wasn't in a romantic
Nov 11, 2014 3:40 AM

Sep 2013
Mahouka but you already watched it
Clannad.
Date A Live
Nov 11, 2014 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
A5L4N said:
No game No life maybe? - from what I can remember pretty sure it wasn't in a romantic

Seen it and loved it, but I want more of an slice of life/normal anime rather than fantasy or else their bond doesnt feel as "serious".

But as long their bond is strong fantasy is fine :)

Nov 11, 2014 3:43 AM

Dec 2013
natsucule said:
Mahouka but you already watched it
Clannad.
Date A Live

Seen those too, good recommendations tho! :)
KrykiNov 11, 2014 3:47 AM

Nov 11, 2014 3:53 AM
Apr 2014
maybe Chocotto Sister or Hotaru no Haka but she
SIOENov 11, 2014 3:57 AM
That's how I see like more than half of the MAL users with their "waifus", hentais, harems, weird-ass video games and all that shit
Nov 11, 2014 4:11 AM

Dec 2013
Swayze_Express said:
maybe Chocotto Sister or Hotaru no Haka but she

Thanks I'll add Chocotto Sister to my list! :)
The other one is from 1988 and I can't watch such old style, just can't take it serious for some reason.. Been pretty spoiled on the art of animes since I got crunchyroll (new and 1080p) :3

Nov 11, 2014 4:13 AM

Feb 2013
would smth like stains gate fit 2? i mean mc and mayora arent siblings, but still xD
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Nov 11, 2014 4:19 AM

Dec 2013
Smooki said:
would smth like stains gate fit 2? i mean mc and mayora arent siblings, but still xD

Yes that kind of relationship is totally fine! He really cared for her (not in love) after all he did "that" over and over to save her :) And she loves him as a friend/brother as well. So yes that works :)

Nov 11, 2014 6:19 AM

Apr 2012
boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai -> sibling relationship is pretty adorablesigh you watched it.

My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 11, 2014 6:25 AM

Dec 2013
bunny1ov3r said:
boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai -> sibling relationship is pretty adorablesigh you watched it.

Hahaha! :) I loved the humor in that anime, so spot on :)

So there are few animes like this out there it seems xD

Nov 11, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2012
Scrapped Princess if you can get over your aversion to older art styles.
Nov 11, 2014 7:23 AM

Dec 2013
SeijiSensei said:
Scrapped Princess if you can get over your aversion to older art styles.

Well everything from like ~2000+ is fine actually, and this is from 2003 so it's not that old. I think I'll be able to watch this! Thanks :)

Any more recomendations?

Nov 11, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2013
saifmohammed said:
Grave of the Fireflies

I've been wanting to check this out a couple of times, but the art from 1980-2000 is just hurting my eyes and I would give the anime an unfairly low score just cuz of it so I rather not watch it.

Nov 11, 2014 8:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kryki said:
saifmohammed said:
Grave of the Fireflies

I've been wanting to check this out a couple of times, but the art from 1980-2000 is just hurting my eyes and I would give the anime an unfairly low score just cuz of it so I rather not watch it.
I'll give it this though, for one it's a movie (movies always have higher animation quality than the norm because of budget) and also it's Ghibli. For a 1986 anime, it looks awesome. Compare it more like to an 2000-2003 anime tv-series or smth in terms of looks, so if you're fine with early 2000s anime, I think you can watch this too.

And yes I used to avoid everything pre-2000 as well so I'm not very biased in this matter :s

also it has BD remastering out these days so it's much better resolution than when it first came out if you get a good torrent
Nov 11, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2012
romeo no aoi sora

Nov 11, 2014 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
HaXXspetten said:

I'll give it this though, for one it's a movie (movies always have higher animation quality than the norm because of budget) and also it's Ghibli. For a 1986 anime, it looks awesome. Compare it more like to an 2000-2003 anime tv-series or smth in terms of looks, so if you're fine with early 2000s anime, I think you can watch this too.

And yes I used to avoid everything pre-2000 as well so I'm not very biased in this matter :s

also it has BD remastering out these days so it's much better resolution than when it first came out if you get a good torrent

Ok I'll see if I can find it with good resolution, but I wont promise that I'll finish it. I don't want to give an unfair score to a really good anime just cuz they didnt have access to better animation/art the time it was done, so I rather just drop those animes and leave the score empty.

Non the less, thanks for your advice loli-sensei! ^^

Nov 11, 2014 8:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
>.<

please, call me Onii-chan >///<
Nov 11, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2013
HaXXspetten said:
>.<

please, call me Onii-chan >///<

I'm older than you, so I'll call you otooto-chan ;)

Nov 11, 2014 9:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
anything but that ;_;

we're like 1 month apart anyway
Nov 11, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2013
HaXXspetten said:
anything but that ;_;

we're like 1 month apart anyway

I'm sorry, Onii-chan :'(

Nov 11, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
saifmohammed said:

I wouldn't dismiss the movie because of it's old art, it's a masterpiece in my opinion. The movie could've came out this year and I wouldn't have bat an eye, it's Ghibli so they they always meet a certain standard in terms of quality. Give it a try! It's definitely one of my favourite anime movies

thats exactly what I'm talking about, I know the movie is good after all I've heard but I wont be able to enjoy it if the art is bad and then I can't give it a fair score, it just goes against my policy xD

I'll give it a try ofcourse, but as I said before, I cant promise I'll finish it.

Edit: I must give u creds for not caring about the art, I wish I was the same so I could watch cowboy bebop and legend of the galactical heroes but I just can't do it right now, it hurts to watch. :(
KrykiNov 11, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 11, 2014 9:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
is it the art style itself or the 4:3 aspect ratio you can't handle?

because those are not quite the same thing~
Nov 11, 2014 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
+1 for Scrapped Princess
Nov 11, 2014 9:36 AM

Dec 2013
HaXXspetten said:
is it the art style itself or the 4:3 aspect ratio you can't handle?

because those are not quite the same thing~

both, if it's not full screen, some of my enjoyment disappears.
if the art is bad, I'll have a hard time to concentrate on the anime and just wanting it to end cuz I'm not keeping up anyway, hard to explain but I'll just watch facebook or something on the other screen if I cant stand to watch the´anime, so I rather just drop it and start with another anime since it's a waste of time for me.

bad animation is also something I hate, when the only thing that moves for an entire scene is the mouth... just somethinjhg I cant stand

Nov 11, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
yosuga no sora =D their love is so pure.
Nov 11, 2014 11:13 AM

Dec 2013
Unreported_LOLI said:
yosuga no sora =D their love is so pure.

seen it, it was terrible ;)

saifmohammed said:

I was also like you at first, I couldn't stand old animation. Got used to it after a while and I actually prefer older animation now rather than the newer stuff. You're really missing out if you don't watch the pre 2000's stuff, some really good stuff that you're not gonna be able to watch. Grave of the Fireflies is old, really old, but it still stands it's ground today, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. You should also really watch the other Ghibli movies too, they make some of the best anime movies ever.

I see your point and I know I'm missing out on good animes cuz of this (as I said, cowboy bebop and LoGH are 2 of those) but I wont watch them, and no matter what you say I wont watch them, it's such a waste of time for me since I can't concentrate when I'm only going to think "god this is some terrible animation" or "holy shit did da vinci paint this in his teens?" and I'll just get irritated and missing out on what they just said in the anime. It's just not going to happen, I don't want to watch it, so I wont watch it.

I will never see the point in watching something you know you wont enjoy, look I even watched the entire first episodes of both CB and LoGH but still dropped them, I almost fell asleep (yes by the art alone). It's a miracle I could suffer thru the first episodes of One Piece and Naruto, but thats only because those were 2 of the first animes I ever saw, I know for a fact that if I would start watching them now, I would've dropped them.

Even tho I said all this I WILL give Grave of the Fireflies a chance. If I can't watch it I wont ever try to watch something pre 2000 again, cuz then I know I can't bring myself to finish it anyway.

Thank you very much anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to get me to watch older stuff cuz there are many good animes out there from older times, I know that but as I am now, it wont happen.
=)

More topics from this board

» anime suggestions

StardustCursader - Yesterday

6 by mo_lave »»
4 hours ago

» Any Good Delinquint Animes/Mangas?

LunarCatx - Today

9 by Cammell »»
5 hours ago

» Anime where main character have girlfriend but later love someone else?

Mione48 - Mar 23, 2022

6 by Khashishi »»
Yesterday, 10:44 PM

» Need help finding a Manga

MotoMoto416 - Yesterday

0 by MotoMoto416 »»
Yesterday, 9:23 PM

» Anime/ Manga to binge

theD00mGuy - Yesterday

4 by Shion_Rosenheim »»
Yesterday, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.