Forum Settings
Forums
New
Satisfied with the Ending?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 9, 2014 1:06 AM

Dec 2011
Meh I loved the end xc Now before you call me fanboy, pls I just always thought the Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura should be together.

As to why... Hmm, well Sakura's love for Sasuke was bordering with obsession, which pretty much let Naruto know he has no chance with her. And we all know that Naruto is never a guy to chase things he cannot achieve. THis is something that does not depend on his willpower and training. MEanwhile, he had Hinata, who had similar obsession with him. Tho in a more decent way. And Naruto always noticed that, he was just caught up in that boyish first love. Hey I am 20 and I still remember my first love, and I think if she came to me I'd say yes now :v Anyway it is obvious that Naruto stopped liking Sakura halfway the manga. He promised to get Sasuke back for her. He started seeing them as brother and sister.

As for other pairing, well Sasuke always kinda liked Sakura. He was "annoyed" but not as much as he wanted us to believe. In the end, Naruto and her were the closes things to a friend he had. Sakura never gave up on him, and as I've said she had some kind of obsession with him. It was pretty evident that all Sasuke has to do is say "I am sorry"... Classical white girl imo :v (No I am not black lol)
Nov 9, 2014 1:30 AM

May 2013
Not at all. The manga has been predictable as shit. The author did not surprise us at at any point. It's as if the author gave in to the fan-made predictions and did not use his creativity at all.

An ending as this one is fun and acceptable only if the earlier part of the manga had been fucking amazing.
Nov 9, 2014 3:31 AM

Oct 2008
I vote no, just because we'll have to see the movie for some deeper explanations on the last chapter. However, I'm glad is over and 699 was awesome, but I expected to see how the world goes after its leaders realize all the things they realized during the war. I have high hopes for the movie, though.

Conflict between men will be impossible, only when mankind is reduced to one person or less.
Nov 9, 2014 3:38 AM

Sep 2014
narusaku fandom was mad
Nov 9, 2014 3:50 AM

May 2012
Neutral. Some of those couples were just so damn forced. Choji and Karui...what? Unless I'm mistaken, Sai found Ino ugly(calling her gorgeous because saying the truth to Sakura ended badly) Ino and Choji would've made so much more sense. And Sakura and Sasuke...holy shit. She's worse than a battered housewife. I'm alright with Shikamaru and Temari since it was somewhat developed. Naruto + Hinata, I'm guessing will be explored in the movie but even if it didn't I'd be satisfied with it.

I mean, instead of obsessing on the couples and the kids there were so many other things that needed to be answered. One of the biggest is, wtf happened to Orochimaru, Kabuto, Suigetsu, Karin and Jugo? Also, it's disappointing that we didn't get to see Kakashi without his mask. But to be honest, by this point, I sort of was just looking forward to it ending.
Nov 9, 2014 4:05 AM
Aug 2011
I am fine with the ending. What had to happen became canon. Sasuke & Sakura was a bit unxepected, Naruto & Hinata is the only logical choice if we consider the build-up during earlier chapters (e.g. Part I, Pein Arc). This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree with me, I know people go batshit insane over these shippings xD

I agree with some of you guys though, the ending felt a rushed and a bit forced. On the other hand, it's good to see a shonen finally address romantic issues at one point. The technological leap was also unexpected (laptops + skyscrapers all of a sudden??).

What I certainly dislike are some of the names of the new characters, especially the main characters' offsprings. Bolt and Salada? Seriously? I am also a bit sad that we did not get to see Kakashi's face.

Overall it is a satisfying, yet a bit rushed conclusion to one of the best manga of all time. Naruto left an impression on me, especially the "never give up despite a terrible situation" part. That was highly inspirational imho. So now I sit here with bittersweet memories now that another one of my favorite manga has come to its conclusion. What the hell do I read now?
Nov 9, 2014 4:22 AM

Jul 2009
Neutral, I wish there was a bit more...and that maybe Sasuke would be dead, and Naruto with Sakura, but...
Nov 9, 2014 4:58 AM

Jun 2012
The ending was terrible.

Even if you don't care at all who ended up with who. It was rushed and forced. Nothing felt genuine in those final two chapters.
Nov 9, 2014 11:28 AM

Feb 2014
The ending was really good because now the manga is ended.
Nov 9, 2014 11:29 AM

Dec 2013
it was a half-assed-pandering ending, so not really
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 9, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2007
Kitsu-nee said:
Hmh, in general I am satisfied, but agree, last chapter was reaaally forced, showing everyone's happy life and the couples, where some of them were really forced. I'd rather see a smaller time-skip, few years into the future, something like the timeline of the new movie. And focusing more on NaruHina, but oh well.

If there is a thing I'm ABSOLUTELY upset about, it's the SasuSaku pairing.... Like the worst nightmare coming true.

It may of not made any sense, and i agree. But you have to take a long hard look at it. This is something that did not directly happened after the war, this happend years later in that time frame, you don't know what possibly could of happen regarding Sasuke's character and Sakura. 699 was the "true" ending of the manga story line. The film is going to be a direct sequel to that, taking place 2 years later i think.

The epilogue of the manga on the other hand is already years beyond that, so its like at this point in time, they have already saved the world from the annihilation from the moon dropping. The film may just feel in those blanks, or part 3 might even reveal background story related to those missing years and give more clarification behind what happened directly after the war. I feel as though the author intentionally left that out because it will probably be a main focus in the film.

Nov 9, 2014 3:28 PM
Aug 2014
I liked what we got, but IT WASN'T ENOUGH.
It was forced, the whole, "show everybody's life after" they only managed about half of it. We didn't get to see any romantic buildup between the characters, Sasuke is the neglecting father and Sakura is still in love, WHY!?
NaruHina was completely ignored, Sai and Ino was non-existent until the end.
It was nice to see how what it looked like, but they missed so much, they did nothing but half-measures, starting out and then never finishing it.
Seriously, this promise they have about next spring had better be f**king amazing, because this train wreck of a finale was one of the most unfulfilled endings EVER.
Nov 9, 2014 7:01 PM

Oct 2011
TheRealShogun said:
I liked what we got, but IT WASN'T ENOUGH.
It was forced, the whole, "show everybody's life after" they only managed about half of it. We didn't get to see any romantic buildup between the characters, Sasuke is the neglecting father and Sakura is still in love, WHY!?
NaruHina was completely ignored, Sai and Ino was non-existent until the end.
It was nice to see how what it looked like, but they missed so much, they did nothing but half-measures, starting out and then never finishing it.
Seriously, this promise they have about next spring had better be f**king amazing, because this train wreck of a finale was one of the most unfulfilled endings EVER.

My opinion exactly.

Also, though it'll probably never happen I'd love Kishi to do even just a oneshot of how Temari and Shikamaru end up together. It would be freaking hilarious.
Nov 9, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2009
50-50

Yes - NaruHina ending...
No - I think Sasuke must die (seriously after all what he did....)
Nov 18, 2014 4:25 AM

Jul 2010
I'm so tired of everyone completely bad mouthing the ending, no it wasn't what I hoped to be but it's not my manga, is it? I'm just glad Naruto and Sasuke are both alive at the end of the series and that Naurto has become Hokage like he always wanted and has a familiy, and thus is no longer alone.

Is everybody just ignoring the fact that chapter 700 is a huge time skip chapter and that the movie is supposed to fill us in on the details, thus the "rushed" feeling of the final 2 chapters? Seriously, what else do you expect from a chapter that is set several years later?

I might not like some pairings that much but I do understand the fact that almost everybody seems to be married, who wouldn't be at some point in life? Now I get that not everyone desires marriage/a relationship and not everyone is shown to be in a relationship, mind you, but the majority of humand do want a stable relationship at some point. It would be stranger for all of them to remain single the rest of their lifes, especially now everything is over and there isn't a war looming around the corner. And again, the movie is supposed to explain how the (main) pairings came to be, and even if it doesn't, just accept that they eventually fell in love at some point in the future. God is that so difficult?
Nov 18, 2014 5:22 AM
Oct 2014
Naruto ending time skip: 6years

Everyone: The Naruto ending was so rushed it made no sense. How could all those things happen so suddenly?!

Whole Naruto story: 4 years
genetickNov 18, 2014 5:28 AM
Nov 19, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2007
Animefanx3 said:
I'm so tired of everyone completely bad mouthing the ending, no it wasn't what I hoped to be but it's not my manga, is it? I'm just glad Naruto and Sasuke are both alive at the end of the series and that Naurto has become Hokage like he always wanted and has a familiy, and thus is no longer alone.

Is everybody just ignoring the fact that chapter 700 is a huge time skip chapter and that the movie is supposed to fill us in on the details, thus the "rushed" feeling of the final 2 chapters? Seriously, what else do you expect from a chapter that is set several years later?

I might not like some pairings that much but I do understand the fact that almost everybody seems to be married, who wouldn't be at some point in life? Now I get that not everyone desires marriage/a relationship and not everyone is shown to be in a relationship, mind you, but the majority of humand do want a stable relationship at some point. It would be stranger for all of them to remain single the rest of their lifes, especially now everything is over and there isn't a war looming around the corner. And again, the movie is supposed to explain how the (main) pairings came to be, and even if it doesn't, just accept that they eventually fell in love at some point in the future. God is that so difficult?

It's because nothing was developed at all even with hints in the manga. Every single pairing was just thrown together. The pairings were all one sided love. Besides that the ending was shit because too many questions were left unanswered and important characters weren't even shown.
Nov 19, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
I can't believe Sakura and Sasuke end up together. Sakura must have a abuse victim complex for still loving him.
Nov 23, 2014 1:29 AM

Aug 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
It's because nothing was developed at all even with hints in the manga. Every single pairing was just thrown together. The pairings were all one sided love. Besides that the ending was shit because too many questions were left unanswered and important characters weren't even shown.

awesome-49 said:
I can't believe Sakura and Sasuke end up together. Sakura must have a abuse victim complex for still loving him.

Just wait the movies, and don't forget that Naruto is batle shonen manga. Don't expect telenovela plot for teen manga.
Nov 23, 2014 5:05 AM

May 2014
I like how it ended. Imo Sakura should never even have been part of team 7 and Hinata should have been put there in her place.

Orochimaru who is like the biggest bad guy of the franchise (before all the madara BS keikaku) just dissapeared. That's dumb
Nov 23, 2014 5:27 PM

Aug 2007
db84x said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

awesome-49 said:

Just wait the movies, and don't forget that Naruto is batle shonen manga. Don't expect telenovela plot for teen manga.

Doesn't matter. The movie is going to be shit since Kishimoto already proved he can't develop romance and that's what the movie is about. The movie might as well be shoujo. Plus that still won't cover all the missing characters like Orochimaru.
Nov 23, 2014 5:28 PM

Dec 2012
VanishingKira said:
Was pretty meh,but satisfying I guess (could have been better).
Nov 24, 2014 12:06 PM

Nov 2014
Pathetic ending to pathetic manga.
Nov 27, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
terrestia said:
I like how it ended. Imo Sakura should never even have been part of team 7 and Hinata should have been put there in her place.

That's an awful idea. We managed to watch Sakura grow from a prissy, immature 12 y/o girl into a physically and emotionally strong woman who managed to hold her own against extremely feared and powerful ninja in the Naruto world - not to mention that she had no special inherited traits and had to work on her own to become a talented medical ninja. She also had to recognize that her childhood crush had become an absolutely awful person and was ready to kill her at any moment (which is why I think SasuSaku is total bullshit) and grew stronger without him by her side.

Hinata's entire character development basically revolved around Naruto. Aside from growing stronger to prove herself to the Hyuga clan, her entire story is basically wrestling her own feelings for Naruto. Not to say that it isn't important and championing your own feelings with love isn't a sign of strength (her confession scene was probably her most pivotal moment in the series), but her entire character hinges upon Naruto's existence. She's basically every female character in SAO except a little more well-written. If she was the main heroine it would have just been her "Naruto-kun"-ing the whole time.
Nov 28, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
I wish to see some back story as to how some of relationships got together, Sai and Ino comes to mind, but overall yea I like it.
Eh
Nov 28, 2014 5:19 PM

Jun 2013
Yes, it was satisfying. I enjoyed it overall. Though I lol'd at kid's names. I mean, Sasuke and Sakura named their daughter Salad/a? Dafuq?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Dec 1, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2014
Chanaynay said:

Hinata's entire character development basically revolved around Naruto. Aside from growing stronger to prove herself to the Hyuga clan, her entire story is basically wrestling her own feelings for Naruto. Not to say that it isn't important and championing your own feelings with love isn't a sign of strength (her confession scene was probably her most pivotal moment in the series), but her entire character hinges upon Naruto's existence. She's basically every female character in SAO except a little more well-written. If she was the main heroine it would have just been her "Naruto-kun"-ing the whole time.

This.

So.

Much.

Truth.

THIS.
as e m p t y as the space between stars✦

Dec 1, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2012
waiting for the movie
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 1, 2014 10:29 PM
May 2013
terrestia said:

Talk about a yawnfest, stuttering and fainting galore extraordinaire
Dec 15, 2014 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
papsoshea said:
Yes!

Because it needed to end after all that bullshit that happened in previous chapters but as much as I would have love to see a proper ending and wrap it, the last two chapters were a 'feel good' ending, brought back all the memories throughout the years, all started rushing back, nostalgia hit hard........this is it, it's finally ended and the pannel where I saw Naruto's face on the Hokage wall left me with a big smile on my face and teary eyes, it was a bittersweet end. No matter how frustrated i got after chapter 599, all in all, this series had a lot of impact on half of my life.

Bravo Kishi!

This more or less sums up just right how I feel, to be honest. Traditionally speaking, it wasn't a very good ending - Far too many unanswered questions and dangling plots were left completely forgotten into the ether, most of which will almost certainly never be addressed, these past 300 chapters or so have been a steady downward spiral that turned the series into almost a parody of itself. I liked one pairing that he made (Even though he didn't develop them well - Kishimoto cannot write romance for shit - But I like the idea of them, the way I imagine them appeals to me), and after all Naruto did become Hokage so he got his dream, but that's about it.

But the ending was more or less exactly what I expected when I first started watching/reading it so many years ago - Everyone calm and happy, mini Naruto's running around, and with Naruto being hokage and everything in peace. The realization of this was what truly rised it from the dirt for me, since it made me realize how much time passed, how much I had changed, how with the series ending (kind of) whatever was left of my childhood was now put to rest, etc. All of these attritubes come more from it being really, really, really, really fucking long more than anything, but whatever really, it doesn't change the fact that it was still impacting for me even though it's been inexcusably sloppy for years.

So in that sense, yes I was satisfied, because I'm a nostalgia bitch. But I wouldn't say it was a well written ending by any means.

Although, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at a lot of things being left open/unresolved - Or else there wouldn't be much for Shueisha to milk the franchise with, which they 100% will, so eh.

I'll watch the new movie though - Just because it's more of a romance than anything (and it isn't writing by Kishimoto thank god), and I'm a sappy romantic, plus it's the pairing I wanted so hey.
Vinum_SabbathiDec 15, 2014 12:41 AM
Dec 15, 2014 8:23 AM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
When my friend said to give out spoilers for the last chapter, it turned out not a spoiler at all.. I was just reading it because I got so interested on how the characters would turn out when they were old, but yeah, it was fascinating

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jun 21, 2015 7:20 PM
Jun 2015
No it was very disappointing but after the mess that was the war arc hardly surprising

Still a great manga (because of the previous arcs, most were great especially the Pain Arc) but damm Kishimoto just got lazy as fuck in the end
Jun 22, 2015 6:35 PM

Mar 2015
Not one slight bit. Not at damn all. Sasuke accomplished nothing at all. The guy wasn't in the wrong about changing the system, and getting rid of the Kage. The system is corrupt and the Kage with the exception of Tsunade are evil, the ninja villages were no better than the Akatsuki. The Akatsuki captured Bijus for their own ends, so did the villages. Akatsuki killed Jinchuriki during extraction. So did the villages, because the Bijus dies with the host and takes years to reform. The villages must have done the extraction while the host was still alive in order to reseal them into a new host. Worse, the villages try to justify themselves and put the blame on the victims. That's fucking awful.

Konoha's so called Will of Fire is merely a brand of patriotism to turn their shinobi into unquestioning, loyal, unthinking tools for the village putting their homeland as first priority and their family second. Look what they did to Itachi and the Uchiha Clan. Their indoctrination was so oppressive and toxic it shamed Kakashi's father into suicide. Did Sasuke ever get justice for the Uchiha Clan Massacre? No. Instead, what Kishimoto tries to tell us, the audience, is that all it takes to make a traumatized man happy is a vagina and a womb. (Sakura) This is nothing short but an arrogant message and really, really condescending to men. Not only is Kishimoto a misogynist with no respect for women, apparently he is also a misandrist!

What's worse to think is that Konoha, even after 20 years, are perfectly fine with the Hyuga Clan's enslavement and torture practices. That to me is far more evil than anything the Uchiha has ever done. Look what happened to Neji because of that. It's funny, because Naruto rambles on about how he wants to change the corrupted system, and would you look at that! He changed jack squat. Instead, he became another asshole leader like Hashirama, Tobirama and Hiruzen. Once again, Tsunade remains the best Hokage. Seriously, fuck this conservative message this series tries to peddle the audience.
MrInfyJun 22, 2015 6:54 PM
Jun 22, 2015 7:17 PM
Jun 2015
MrInfy said:
Not one slight bit. Not at damn all. Sasuke accomplished nothing at all. The guy wasn't in the wrong about changing the system, and getting rid of the Kage. The system is corrupt and the Kage with the exception of Tsunade are evil, the ninja villages were no better than the Akatsuki. The Akatsuki captured Bijus for their own ends, so did the villages. Akatsuki killed Jinchuriki during extraction. So did the villages, because the Bijus dies with the host and takes years to reform. The villages must have done the extraction while the host was still alive in order to reseal them into a new host. Worse, the villages try to justify themselves and put the blame on the victims. That's fucking awful.

Konoha's so called Will of Fire is merely a brand of patriotism to turn their shinobi into unquestioning, loyal, unthinking tools for the village putting their homeland as first priority and their family second. Look what they did to Itachi and the Uchiha Clan. Their indoctrination was so oppressive and toxic it shamed Kakashi's father into suicide. Did Sasuke ever get justice for the Uchiha Clan Massacre? No. Instead, what Kishimoto tries to tell us, the audience, is that all it takes to make a traumatized man happy is a vagina and a womb. (Sakura) This is nothing short but an arrogant message and really, really condescending to men. Not only is Kishimoto a misogynist with no respect for women, apparently he is also a misandrist!

What's worse to think is that Konoha, even after 20 years, are perfectly fine with the Hyuga Clan's enslavement and torture practices. That to me is far more evil than anything the Uchiha has ever done. Look what happened to Neji because of that. It's funny, because Naruto rambles on about how he wants to change the corrupted system, and would you look at that! He changed jack squat. Instead, he became another asshole leader like Hashirama, Tobirama and Hiruzen. Once again, Tsunade remains the best Hokage. Seriously, fuck this conservative message this series tries to peddle the audience.

I kinda agree with you
I hated how comitting genocide was suddenly seen as some honorable thing to do
I lol'd at Hashirama saying that Itachi was a better Shinobi than he ever was WTF
Or when Naruto said to Itachi "You've done more then enough for the village"

And Naruto really didn't change the system/break the cycle of hatred like he was supposed to do after the Pain arc, he held Kage meetings from now on I suppose that will bring peace
Jun 23, 2015 5:32 AM

Mar 2015
8animet said:
MrInfy said:

I kinda agree with you
I lol'd at Hashirama saying that Itachi was a better Shinobi than he ever was WTF

And Naruto really didn't change the system/break the cycle of hatred like he was supposed to do after the Pain arc, he held Kage meetings from now on I suppose that will bring peace

He really didn't change anything, not even in the epilogue. What's worse is that as of Gaiden, Orochimaru is still free and doing his experiments with full approval from Naruto, the Hokage. He doesn't even care that a S-ranked international criminal is on the loose, the only thing he cares about are the results of some fucking DNA test to some bastard child. (Sarada)

And regarding Hashirama and Naruto, I rolled my eyes when they spouted that baloney. Hashirama especially. This is the very same man who created the idea of the village system which was copied in other countries, this is the very same man who created the idea of the Ninja Academy, which encourages children to be hitmen at an early age. Both he and Madara experienced loss of younger siblings, Hashirama confronted his father on the issue of using children in wars after his 7 year old brother got killed. But when he established the village, it's founded on the idea that children would receive military training and they would take on missions like assassination, spying, and they’d be main source of income for the village. Is a 12 year old child solider risking getting killed to bring in money that much better than a 7 year old doing the same back in the warring states era?

He's also the one who started the practice of sealing Bijus in humans because he thought they were too dangerous to roam free across the world. While the decision was understandable given the circumstances because Bijus can't be destroyed and he's not Naruto who could Talk no Jutsu them, it had disastrous consequences. Hashirama also gave the Bijus to other villages to stabilize the power balance between the villages. Realistically, other villages should really be plotting against Konoha's hegemony now. Naruto is in control of all Bijus since he utilized his infamous Dr. Phil no Jutsu against them. Lol.

What is there any honor in wiping out your family in cold blood for the benefit of your homeland? This is one of the reasons why I hate Naruto, Kishimoto tried to portray clan loyalty as a bad thing, but absolute loyalty to the village as the highest virtue. It makes no sense, they're both dogmatic, and often used by the leadership as propaganda tool to demand the plebeians to make sacrifice for the state. As it's portrayed in the manga, Konoha looked way worse than the clan loving people, Madara never persecuted and massacred his own clan, he was never a bad guy until Tobirama, being the douchebag he is, started the policy to isolate and alienate the Uchiha for no other reason but a mere grudge that has never left since childhood.

The narrative is also extremely hypocrticial and nonsensical. It constantly excuses Konoha and the village system, and put the the blame on the victims. Naruto never called out what's wrong with the village system, instead, he Talk no Jutsu'd the Bijus. In his final fight with Sasuke, he's like “I gave the Bijus a time-out, I don't think they’ll do bad things again”, conveniently omitting the fact the villages were the ones who pissed them off first by capturing them, imprisoning them and turning them into weapons. According to the manga, it’s NOT the system that needs to be changed, it’s the victims' responsibility to endure the oppression. If fate dealt you with oppression, you should accept your fate. It's the Jinchuriki's responsibility to fill themselves with love, it's the Biju's responsibility to learn to make friends with their host and make the best of their imprisonment inside some teenager's belly. What did Naruto say in response to this matter? Why, he told the victims to shut up and endure, he never got the guts to challenge the Kage on their evil practices, because he wanted their acknowledgment and became one of them, not to fight them.
MrInfyJun 23, 2015 5:39 AM
Jun 28, 2015 10:29 AM
Mar 2015
MrInfy said:

He's also the one who started the practice of sealing Bijus in humans because he thought they were too dangerous to roam free across the world. While the decision was understandable given the circumstances because Bijus can't be destroyed and he's not Naruto who could Talk no Jutsu them, it had disastrous consequences. Hashirama also gave the Bijus to other villages to stabilize the power balance between the villages. Realistically, other villages should really be plotting against Konoha's hegemony now. Naruto is in control of all Bijus since he utilized his infamous Dr. Phil no Jutsu against them. Lol.

What is there any honor in wiping out your family in cold blood for the benefit of your homeland? This is one of the reasons why I hate Naruto, Kishimoto tried to portray clan loyalty as a bad thing, but absolute loyalty to the village as the highest virtue. It makes no sense, they're both dogmatic, and often used by the leadership as propaganda tool to demand the plebeians to make sacrifice for the state. As it's portrayed in the manga, Konoha looked way worse than the clan loving people, Madara never persecuted and massacred his own clan, he was never a bad guy until Tobirama, being the douchebag he is, started the policy to isolate and alienate the Uchiha for no other reason but a mere grudge that has never left since childhood.

You do realize that the uchiha were plotting a coup that would lead to a civil war and eventually a world war that would kill millions of innocent people.What the uchiha were planning to do is essentially what the ISIS are doing today.A group of oppressed people who are using that as their rallying cry to commit mass genocide and damage to lives and property that would take years to repair.

Also the Uchiha's plan would have doomed them and their reputation thoroughly as they would be villianised by the entire world andthis would have give the village every excuse to persecute them with even harsher methods and even execute all of them.Instead of being sympathised, they would have been known as monsters who were rightfully wiped out. And to top it off, it would do nothing to the system or the higher ups who control it. Itachi knew that the Uchiha clan's plan was doomed to failure and Danzo made it clear that they would have gotten wiped out either way. All they would have accomplished is killing innocent civilians.

Between choosing a family that wants to cause millions of innocent and pointless deaths without bringing any worthy change, and a system that may be corrupt but is clearly overall still keeping stability, I think it is pretty clear which is the lesser evil.

Itachi's choice does show the fragile nature of the world politics in the naruto universe where every village is at each other's throats waiting for the oppurtunity to take them down.

Also, the manga has emphasized it again and again especially during the pain arc that the ninja system breeds hatred and is wrong, and naruto does say that he is going to change it. That is a different story that we never see him do it though.
xyzlJun 28, 2015 10:44 AM
Jun 28, 2015 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
xyzl said:

Also, the manga has emphasized it again and again especially during the pain arc that the ninja system breeds hatred and is wrong, and naruto does say that he is going to change it. That is a different story that we never see him do it though.

He did change it though, we weren't seen the specific. It was already happening indirectly before Naruto officially became a Hokage. With the last Ninja war, the Shinobi nations, that were antagonized by each other, have finally united for the first time against a common enemy. The major issue with the system, is that it made them fight amongst each other, so every nation can remain at the top, and every nation, think they are ideals are the best. That's why stuff, like Anbu root and Danzo existed. That's where some of the missions, were intel, infiltration in regards to the weakness of each nation.

Another point is that, there are no longer Tailed Beasts. From the age of Harishama, they were used to make a fake peace, where every nation, has one or two, to balance the power. But after the last war, they are no longer used, as chakra weapons. IIRC, only Naruto and Bee are the remaining Jin.

Kakashi, and Naruto reign, had true peace, because these issues didn't exist anymore. Along, with the fact, that now, all the kages are a united front. Nobody is out to get anybody, the underhanded fundamentals of the system are gone.

Naruto himself, broke the cycle of hatred that was highlighted in the Pain arc, by letting go of his hatred and desire for revenge on himself first, with Nagato and Obito. And then making Sasuke accept what his brother wanted, and made him understand, that there is a place for him, not just in the shadows.

Well, those are my interpretations of the ninja system and the cycle of hatred. Though I would have loved, to see that being handled and shown directly and in a straight forward way, I felt like there were a lot of rich material to use, between the end of Naruto and Sasuke's fight, till before Naruto becomes a hokage. And maybe I will see that, some day, after the project of the next generation is finished.
Jun 28, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2014
1) suske breaking character in the last chapter for no reason whatsoever was a bad call since he was probably the best developed character in the series.
2) all that foreshadowing about naruto's fate and in the end he STILL survived and got a happy ending, because thats how the ninja world kishi created works, right??

these are the main 2 reasons why the ending was horrible
Jun 30, 2015 5:40 AM

Oct 2013
No.
Jun 30, 2015 5:42 AM

Feb 2015
Jun 30, 2015 5:50 AM

Dec 2012
Chanaynay said:
terrestia said:

That's an awful idea. We managed to watch Sakura grow from a prissy, immature 12 y/o girl into a physically and emotionally strong woman who managed to hold her own against extremely feared and powerful ninja in the Naruto world - not to mention that she had no special inherited traits and had to work on her own to become a talented medical ninja. She also had to recognize that her childhood crush had become an absolutely awful person and was ready to kill her at any moment (which is why I think SasuSaku is total bullshit) and grew stronger without him by her side.

Seeing people like you, gives me hope :)
Jul 1, 2015 11:18 AM

Mar 2015
terrestia said:

Fuck no. As much as I hate Sakura, I don't want some shipping fodder into Team 7. Sakura can remain with the only significant change being that Sakura is a Genjutsu master rather than being a Tsunade clone, 'cause as Kakashi himself noted, she had some talent in Genjutsu which was sadly never honed. Making her a Medic was the biggest mistake. It made little to no sense and the only reason she became the apprentice of Tsunade was because of parallels. Hinata on the other hand was much more fitting to the Medic role. Gentle Fist and Tsunade's super strength work on similar principles: use of extreme chakra control to project chakra onto the enemy. The Gentle fist goes internal while Tsunade goes external. Plus, Hinata's demeanor is more suited for healing than combat as stated by Neji, plus she was already doing medical shit like making healing balms without any specialized training, and she has the "special thing" needed to drive a Medic (Neji, Hanabi, Naruto).

Can you imagine a fusion of Gentle Fist and super strength? Projecting chakra into the enemy and exploding it violently? Medic Hinata would've been a wandering Hokuto no Ken character in the universe of Naruto.
Jul 2, 2015 4:59 PM
Jan 2015
You may as well ask if I like to eat earth, it was disgusting.

Naruto marrying the moeblob with who he barely changed dialogue. I heard that the movie is supposed to fill this. I hate DLC, and that's basically the same as taking out the middle part of the game and ask me to buy it. No way in hell.

Sasuke is not only alive and breathing, as married to Sakura, someone he showed nothing but despise for the majority of this manga. Karma houdini is what he is.

This children have horrible,DeviantART-like designs and copycat personalities.

I didn't see Naruto becoming Hokage, that should be all that this manga should be about.

No reason is given for Tsunade to resign. What a bunch of bull****.
IDontWishToBeJul 2, 2015 5:06 PM
Jul 15, 2015 3:18 PM
Jun 2015
MrInfy said:
8animet said:

I kinda agree with you

He really didn't change anything, not even in the epilogue. What's worse is that as of Gaiden, Orochimaru is still free and doing his experiments with full approval from Naruto, the Hokage. He doesn't even care that a S-ranked international criminal is on the loose, the only thing he cares about are the results of some fucking DNA test to some bastard child. (Sarada)

And regarding Hashirama and Naruto, I rolled my eyes when they spouted that baloney. Hashirama especially. This is the very same man who created the idea of the village system which was copied in other countries, this is the very same man who created the idea of the Ninja Academy, which encourages children to be hitmen at an early age. Both he and Madara experienced loss of younger siblings, Hashirama confronted his father on the issue of using children in wars after his 7 year old brother got killed. But when he established the village, it's founded on the idea that children would receive military training and they would take on missions like assassination, spying, and they’d be main source of income for the village. Is a 12 year old child solider risking getting killed to bring in money that much better than a 7 year old doing the same back in the warring states era?

The narrative is also extremely hypocrticial and nonsensical. It constantly excuses Konoha and the village system, and put the the blame on the victims. Naruto never called out what's wrong with the village system, instead, he Talk no Jutsu'd the Bijus. In his final fight with Sasuke, he's like “I gave the Bijus a time-out, I don't think they’ll do bad things again”, conveniently omitting the fact the villages were the ones who pissed them off first by capturing them, imprisoning them and turning them into weapons. According to the manga, it’s NOT the system that needs to be changed, it’s the victims' responsibility to endure the oppression. If fate dealt you with oppression, you should accept your fate. It's the Jinchuriki's responsibility to fill themselves with love, it's the Biju's responsibility to learn to make friends with their host and make the best of their imprisonment inside some teenager's belly. What did Naruto say in response to this matter? Why, he told the victims to shut up and endure, he never got the guts to challenge the Kage on their evil practices, because he wanted their acknowledgment and became one of them, not to fight them.

Yeah Naruto sends a pretty terrible message
No idea what Kishimoto was thinking

And Naruto being the "child of prophecy" makes this even worse
He was supposed to change the system not just blindly follow it ugh
Poor Jiraya, his efforts were meaningless
Jul 15, 2015 3:20 PM

Jul 2013
Nature should have ended up with Sakura.
Hinata should have died.
Jul 16, 2015 6:30 PM

Mar 2015
8animet said:
MrInfy said:

Yeah Naruto sends a pretty terrible message
No idea what Kishimoto was thinking

And Naruto being the "child of prophecy" makes this even worse
He was supposed to change the system not just blindly follow it ugh
Poor Jiraya, his efforts were meaningless

Naruto being the Child of Prophecy took the biggest dump on the series, and was the last nail in the coffin on the messages the first half were trying to peddle the audience. Remember Neji's speech to Naruto during their match in the Chunin Exams and how fucking terrible and depressing it sounded? Turns out Neji was 100% absolutely right. You can't beat fate. Naruto turned out to have a powerful bloodline, famous powerful parents and was a Child of Prophecy. Only those with the genetics are destined to become Hokage ever. Part II just shat all over the themes Part I put forward.
Jul 29, 2015 6:08 AM
Jul 2015
I liked how the ending played out and I felt satisfied with that as an "ending" in itself. Some of the pairs were forced; I would've been fine only seeing some of them (was expecting Naruto/Hinata and was glad when it happened).

Despite that, I do wish there had been more explanation leading up to this ending. If this is the "end" chapter then I'm satisfied, but the time between 699 and 700 has many things left unanswered and things I'd like to see:
- Naruto/Hinata relationship develop After the Last.
- Naruto's progression towards Hokage (he was still only Genin)
- How some other pairings came about
- Where did that technology come from?
- How many missions can there really be with an allied world?
- Why Naruto won't shadow-clone for his family.

Either way, I definitely understand that Kishi needs a break after investing so much time into this series. The nice thing about the time skip is it leaves a lot of time for him to work with should he decide to come back after awhile and explore some of these avenues with a refreshed mind.
Jul 30, 2015 10:38 AM
Oct 2013
eneldiar said:
I liked how the ending played out and I felt satisfied with that as an "ending" in itself. Some of the pairs were forced; I would've been fine only seeing some of them (was expecting Naruto/Hinata and was glad when it happened).

Despite that, I do wish there had been more explanation leading up to this ending. If this is the "end" chapter then I'm satisfied, but the time between 699 and 700 has many things left unanswered and things I'd like to see:
- Naruto/Hinata relationship develop After the Last.
- Naruto's progression towards Hokage (he was still only Genin)
- How some other pairings came about
- Where did that technology come from?
- How many missions can there really be with an allied world?

Either way, I definitely understand that Kishi needs a break after investing so much time into this series. The nice thing about the time skip is it leaves a lot of time for him to work with should he decide to come back after awhile and explore some of these avenues with a refreshed mind.

Everything implied in the chapters if you want filler read the Novels.
Literally everything you adress is within the Novels.

That´s actually something pretty japanese, work=honor work=life. If he´d push the work to his clones he´d set a bad example.
Bad rep= bad for the Hokage it´s quite self explanatory, even if the clones can handle the job perfectly, people would find ways to complain.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.