Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2014 11:56 AM
Apr 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Being Kurosawa is suffering
Oct 5, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
MIKI. The gay couple was fucking hilarious, the gags are always top notch.

I now wonder what the others are doing with their life, but I admit it was a nice surprise to see Miki taking care of Kurosawa.
Oct 27, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
I wonder if it's really Miki
That gay couple was hilarous
Mar 18, 2018 2:31 AM

Apr 2016
mmmmmmmmdefinitely not the best portrayal of a gay couple I've seen
Jun 2, 2019 12:35 AM

Jun 2016
You know, I think Makio was kinda salvaged. I was under the impression Fukumoto is getting a pattern of bad gay representation with this and a cross dressing man antagonist in Zero but I haven't read Zero yet and Makio may have never been serious. Makio did lose the earring after he hit his head and that was the reasoning he gave, later he is the one who brought Kurosawa's conscious state to light which may have saved Kurosawa despite that putting the two in a bad spot. Plus, a secret gay hookup spot makes some sense since going to a hotel would make their sexuality obvious and if they live with parents then being gay in Japan may be especially hard. The more I think about these two the more I think this representation wasn't so bad, I think Makio just wanted to make Takeshi jealous. And Kurosawa is the viewpoint character who used 'homos' the way he did! Cool visual storytelling and cool everything.

As for the actual story here, this was intense. I've never seen a moment like this where a patient who can't move and just got out of a coma stares at his doctor with a resolve as if he's shouting, "I AM ALIVE!". But Miki may have some harsh memories involving the man who took down his gang and he's trying to justify to himself that Kurosawa didn't wake up. Maybe he's scared of him. I would love to see an older Nakane meet the older Miki. Whether or not Nakane's beating scared him out of the biker gang business, it would be charming to see that.

I believe it was good that it was a gay hook up spot. If it was a heterosexual hookup spot the fact that Kurosawa would have sat unconscious beside numerous couples doing the one thing he could only ever dream up would be too sad. Plus that wouldn't make much sense for a heterosexual couple to sneak into a coma patient room to do that imo... hehe.

P.S. I like how the heaven scenes are done in a dotted border showing they are hypotheticals. Perhaps that implies that Kurosawa fled his consciousness as a coping mechanism.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Kurosawa: Saikyou Densetsu Chapter 89 Discussion

Ashhk - Jan 21

0 by Ashhk »»
Jan 21, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Shin Kurosawa: Saikyou Densetsu Chapter 85 Discussion

Ashhk - Sep 6, 2023

0 by Ashhk »»
Sep 6, 2023 3:10 AM

Poll: » Shin Kurosawa: Saikyou Densetsu Chapter 84 Discussion

Ashhk - Aug 31, 2023

0 by Ashhk »»
Aug 31, 2023 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shin Kurosawa: Saikyou Densetsu Chapter 83 Discussion

Ashhk - Aug 27, 2023

0 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shin Kurosawa: Saikyou Densetsu Chapter 82 Discussion

Ashhk - Jun 23, 2023

0 by Ashhk »»
Jun 23, 2023 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.