Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah I p much watched D.Gray-man for the romance bait as well.

HxH - The weak fishing rod that pulls up a huge fucking slab of cement. Fishing rod could be an interesting weapon but I don't recall them saying it was made of any special materials...
A guide to living with that one guys ugly signature on MAL.

1. See that SullyNathan has posted last in thread, abort thread.
2. After clicking quick reply, close eyes and type out reply.
3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
4. Report said signature for being offensive to the eyes.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
6. Move to another part of MAL forums where he does not visit.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 29, 2014 10:13 AM

Dec 2012
RagesEntity said:
HxH - The weak fishing rod that pulls up a huge fucking slab of cement. Fishing rod could be an interesting weapon but I don't recall them saying it was made of any special materials...

The fishing rod denotes that HxH is the worst shounen?
Sep 29, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2013
rothrock said:
RagesEntity said:

Legit reason, how dare you...
Sep 29, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
One Piece and D gray man from what I remember. Already shared my extensive opinion on them before on these forums, but to be quick about it:

D.gray man (forgettable main character, a lot of filler like episodes, painfully average for the most part, and the anime finally got interesting it ended, and I'm still upset about the romance tease/bait that made me continue watching it despite my lack of interest and enjoyment)

One piece ( terrible pacing, slow af plot progression, main characters are 2 dimensional at best, Luffy being a Goku rip off but lacking the charm, lack of interesting characters or compelling villains, ugly art and character design, stale, dump and repetitive humor, fucking Sanji, fuck him)

I forgot about Code Breaker, was worse than D.gray man, and better than one piece it at least didn't waste my time.
Sep 29, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
robis798 said:
rothrock said:

Legit reason, how dare you...

Lol, my bad.
Sep 29, 2014 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
rothrock said:
RagesEntity said:

Nah it's probably the best long running Shounen but tbh I kind of wonder if I'd feel the same way if it were directed by Pierrot and Naruto were directed by Madhouse.

No I actually like it the best for its world / every other char besides gon.
I dislike Gons fighting style and his fishing rod for the most part.

3. Try to scroll as far down as possible before replying if you prefer to keep your eyes open.
5. See he is active in thread, scroll through thread while trying not to have eyes burned, sigh, click back & lose interest.
MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 29, 2014 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
RagesEntity said:
Nah it's probably the best long running Shounen but tbh I kind of wonder if I'd feel the same way if it were directed by Pierrot and Naruto were directed by Madhouse.

You just want to see the world burn don't you ;_;

No I actually like it the best for its world / every other char besides gon.
I dislike Gons fighting style and his fishing rod for the most part.

Well I can vouch for it being unique :)
Sep 29, 2014 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
rothrock said:
You just want to see the world burn don't you ;_;

Well no, Naruto had a lot of good fights even with pierrot and if it had madhouse studio they could probably be even more epic. I still dislike how they animate big fights like Naruto vs Sasuke / Pain vs Naruto / Madara vs World.

Well I can vouch for it being unique :)

Yeah he maybe should have added that Ging had the rod crafted for him before he left or smth to make it a bit more special. All I know about it is that it's a twig that can apparently lift concrete. At least with Killua's stupid yoyo's he made them out of that super heavy material the Zoldyck's have.
RagesEntitySep 29, 2014 10:31 AM

MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 29, 2014 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
RagesEntity said:
Yeah he maybe should have added that Ging had the rod crafted for him before he left or smth to make it a bit more special. All I know about it is that it's a twig that can apparently lift concrete. At least with Killua's stupid yoyo's he made them out of that super heavy material the Zoldyck's have.

No I thought this was pretty normal, since Hunters... well hunt animals that aren't normal. Gon's fishing rod was used to catch that huge fish so it was made strong enough to do it. I think this was the norm in the HxH world, and his weapon wasn't even enhanced. You can argue that Killua's weapon was made of a special metal alloy to enhance it's strength (because he stated it, I believe) and whatever Gon's fishing rod was made of simply wasn't stated. Or is your complaint was that it wasn't stated what it was made of? For now you're just gonna assume.
Sep 29, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2014
Yeah true it was shown in the very first ep, which I thought was wacky but it did set what type of world they were in so my complaint isn't really valid.

MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 29, 2014 11:24 AM
Dec 2013
The DBZ shitstorm here makes me wanna cri
Sep 29, 2014 12:48 PM

Aug 2014
Claymore was kinda shit. It's show that kind of relied on action to carry it through but said action really hasn't aged well...

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 29, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
black1blade said:
Claymore was kinda shit. It's show that kind of relied on action to carry it through but said action really hasn't aged well...

Would love for a remake.
Sep 29, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
robis798 said:
black1blade said:

Would love for a remake.

A remake + no Raki.
Sep 29, 2014 12:52 PM

Dec 2012
black1blade said:

Read the manga, it's very good. And it's about to end soon.
Sep 29, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
black1blade said:
Claymore was really awesome especially because it had like no fanservice in it at all. Also the art was really refreshing and the animation is still really good.
Sep 29, 2014 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Probably something none of us have ever heard of. Thus we have never heard of it.
Sep 29, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
this will be biased because i dont normally like shounens but my vote goes to Shakugan no Shana II

Shakugan no Shana is one of the few shounens that i have enjoyed enough to continue watching so when s.2's awfully written romcom section came in i was just so disappointed. the only thing that kept me watching was the existence of s.3 which i hoped would be better but still wasnt as good as s.1
Sep 29, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
black1blade said:

Read the manga, it's very good. And it's about to end soon.

The thing that pisses me off is that they wont answer some questions that they brought up in previous chapters. I hate watching series that doesn't give me answers to a lot of question. Ugh! Still love it though.
Sep 29, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
Milk_is_Special said:
black1blade said:
Claymore was really awesome especially because it had like no fanservice in it at all. Also the art was really refreshing and the animation is still really good.
claymore is very good at first. but the later chapter become shit and super boring repetitive fight
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 29, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
Claymore is Berserk + Freezing, simple as that.
Sep 29, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2014
cruzateu said:
Only does Claymore doesn't contain any fanservice. It is just basically Berserk in female mode.
Sep 29, 2014 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
I think we all know it's one piece
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Sep 29, 2014 4:58 PM

Jan 2012
Naruto no doubt. Just die already.
---
Sep 29, 2014 5:05 PM

Apr 2014
TobiOrNotTobi said:
NK_500 said:
You both haven't seen the show you're criticising. That is just bad. That is the same as saying that bananas taste like shit when you haven't even ate one.
Sep 29, 2014 5:09 PM

Jan 2012
I already saw 300+ episodes of Naruto as well as 1000+ pages of its manga but I don't want that in my list even as "dropped".
---
Sep 29, 2014 5:16 PM

Dec 2012
NK_500 said:
NK_500 said:
I already saw 300+ episodes of Naruto as well as 1000+ pages of its manga but I don't want that in my list even as "dropped".

Now that's just plain hate. Why is it the worst shounen again?
Sep 29, 2014 5:18 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
rothrock said:
NK_500 said:
NK_500 said:

some people say its a copy/paste of HxH, plus they use the filler excuse
Sep 29, 2014 5:20 PM

Jan 2012
rothrock said:
NK_500 said:
NK_500 said:

The current "zombies" arc is a perfect answer when a mangaka forced to continue his work when he is happy to end it. I don't hate Naruto in general but I think it's time for Jump! to kill Naruto for its own good.
---
Sep 29, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
NK_500 said:
The current "zombies" arc is a perfect answer when a mangaka forced to continue his work when he is happy to end it. I don't hate Naruto in general but I think it's time for Jump! to kill Naruto for its own good.

Oh, I guess that's normal. The war arc does receive a lot of hate.
Sep 29, 2014 8:33 PM
Sep 2014
Dragon Ball Z, 3 weeks for just 1 Kamehameha
Sep 29, 2014 8:54 PM

Apr 2012
"Bad" Shounen are usually bearable in manga form, but terrible when animated. Either way, anything in Shounen Jump tends to get full of pointless filler at some point (see Nisekoi as a recent example).
Sep 30, 2014 12:07 AM

Dec 2012
NK_500 said:
rothrock said:

That's completely baseless. It was the author himself who wanted to conclude the series, he could have literally decided to keep doing it for another decade, and nobody can force to do anything with his manga.
Sep 30, 2014 12:16 AM

Aug 2014
Nisekoi is just milking itself so hard.
It hasn't changed its format but author was like, 'holy shit i'm getting money... fuck this extend this shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit' aka no progress & pointless filler.

MAL Jesus where are you?
Sep 30, 2014 12:37 AM

Jul 2007
rothrock said:
NK_500 said:
NK_500 said:

BLEACH, thats mine lol. Naruto has went down hill significantly, but i rather have poor execution in a rather well put together story then have a story that is so simplistic its basically pure battle shonen. No thanks!

I like complexity in a plot with well rounded devoloped characters, im looking at you "Hunter X Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood"

Sep 30, 2014 12:40 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
link9us said:
I like complexity in a plot with well rounded devoloped characters, im looking at you "Hunter X Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood"
dont forget to look at JoJo's bizzare adventure too
Sep 30, 2014 5:22 AM

Dec 2013
JOAOAA said:
link9us said:
dont forget to look at JoJo's bizzare adventure too

HAHAHAHAHA

Milk_is_Special said:
cruzateu said:
Only does Claymore doesn't contain any fanservice. It is just basically Berserk in female mode.

I'm not putting freezing as a comparison because of the fan service, it's because just as in freezing, you start laughing at the story and don't take it seriously because of how ridiculous it gets
Sep 30, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2012
That's not really specific dude.
Sep 30, 2014 5:35 AM

Dec 2013
True, but i probably made the connection through that+ female cast+ monsters they have to fight in group
Sep 30, 2014 6:18 AM

Jan 2014
Nisekoi. it pretty good at the start but now it's too dragged out and need to end already
"This is boring...I'm bored..."
Sep 30, 2014 6:35 AM

Jan 2012
I forgot to include Black Butler in my previous post but it need to be mentioned here since it still running in a shounen magazine. However it rightfully got the genre "shounen" just because it come from a shounen magazine while its content just another fujioshi-bait crap. At least something like Naruto and Bleach are faithful enough on who their target audiences are.
---
Sep 30, 2014 6:51 AM

Aug 2014
Basically most shonens that are targeted at 12yrs old , at least to me
Sep 30, 2014 7:01 AM

Aug 2014
Naruto. Don't know what is good about this
Sep 30, 2014 7:02 AM

Jun 2014
prasetya13 said:

What is so bad about it? In b4 "sasgayy"
Sep 30, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2014
Well, I think it's depend on our opinion about it.
Sep 30, 2014 7:38 AM

Oct 2011
In my opinion worst shonen is fairy tail because I don't like ecchi so much, and even Naruto bugged as hell is better. In FT is to many Nakama Power, a lot of arc might be a separate stories so FT has bad connection between sagas and arc. Oh don't forget abouy no dying characters! Yeah I know that in One Piece main characters aren't die often, but in FT is more annoying.
Sep 30, 2014 9:12 AM
Sep 2014
prasetya13 said:
There's no battle shounen better than Naruto really, Naruto is masterpiece
Sep 30, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
LucasRTS said:
prasetya13 said:
There's no battle shounen better than Naruto really, Naruto is masterpiece

No... Not really. It was good at start, but now it's shit. I haven't seen so many asspuls before. Not to mention the flaw named Sakura. Kishi needs to end up quickly before it really becomes worst shonen.

Edit: Just to add - few latest arcs sucks balls. F*ck them.
Sep 30, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
That implied fact tone though. Coupled with you unlikely backing up your claims. You certainly made a good case for him to change his opinion.

MAL home of intelligent discussion.
Sep 30, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
TobiOrNotTobi said:

wat
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall are you happy with anime released these past few seasons/years lately? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

28 by LNW_R92CP »»
14 seconds ago

» Do you think Berserk will ever get the adaptation it truly deserves?

Gashadokur0 - Today

31 by perseii »»
6 minutes ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

80 by Bisalissy »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » The most overrated characters that everyone loves ( 1 2 3 )

Lizz_Aleister - Dec 1, 2020

108 by LeonhartAugust »»
19 minutes ago

» If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

APolygons2 - 8 hours ago

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.