Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Barakamon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Nov 18, 2021 6:11 PM

May 2019
That was one of the sweetest, most heartfelt and funniest shows I've ever watched.
I loved this so much and am sad that that's the end of it.

Dec 9, 2021 11:38 AM
Dec 2021
Ahhh, I want to see the continuation, this anime really portrays me in childhood, I want to feel it again with my friends.
Apr 2, 2022 4:15 AM

May 2018
This is good, really really good. Never thought Handa would change this much from his old highschool self, it's an amazing thing to see. Hoping there's more to this, especially I already love the characters in this series. I want more Naru scene, she really carried this show. I will miss this show, the cute and heartwarming moments, I will miss it.

In the past Handa was idolized, this time, Handa is loved by everyone.

Handa's mom punching Kawafuji, definitely one of the best thing in this show.
EsieEyenApr 2, 2022 4:19 AM

Jul 25, 2022 10:34 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Someone please hug Handa's mom right NOW

Well just like most other people here, I loved it, and am so glad I found out about this anime which I probably would've never hear about otherwise if I hadn't stumbled across that random youtube video.

I love how laid-back this was, it didn't try to do too much at all, and was just here to give us a chill time. Even the whole thing with Handa trying to find his identity in his writing wasn't blown out of proportion like you'd think it'd be. Literally it boils down to Handa just needing a little vacation out in the countryside to find himself again and gain composure, and to find some new friends to be a part of his life- lots of those friends being children, but it's those kids who honestly make this show so good. And those same children acted more grown up than him at most times so I'm assuming he did learn a thing or two from them on acting more mature, and not acting on impulse which is what lead him to punch the director and sent him to this island in the first place.

Don't want to ramble on for too long, so I'll just leave at this with saying that I'm so glad to have found another anime in which I can look back and fondly remember, rather than it being just another anime to watch and finish and let fade into the back of my memory. I loved how this ended. If there's more, I would like to see it adapted one day, but otherwise, I do not need more at all. I am completely satisfied and happy with what we got, and I'm sure pretty much everyone else felt the same way with how this ended. Man I'm glad I heard about this anime.

8/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 15, 2022 9:10 AM

Jan 2022
This anime is very good, a pleasant village life has been successfully created in this anime story to be very memorable. The characters are also very well made especially Naru, she is a character that I really like.

Very Solid 10/10
“Life is never boring, but some people choose to be bored.”

— Wayne Dyer
Nov 30, 2022 2:18 AM
Jan 2018
Great stuff.
This anime is a 10/10.
Dec 19, 2022 9:01 PM

Mar 2021
great anime 9/10 :)
🐐

Apr 10, 2023 5:10 AM
Oct 2016
goodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgoodgood
I like anime
May 13, 2023 9:34 AM

Mar 2017
That was a really lovely anime! It was cute and so wholesome and I could watch it FOREVER!

Wish there were more seasons but this one ended in a satisfying way so I’m happy 😊

I’m left very curious as to why we never see Naru’s parents though… guess I’ll check out the manga!
May 22, 2023 7:17 PM
Mar 2016
There were a lot of things to like about this anime. I will say that the whole vibe of the show pointed towards Handa developing a close bond with Naru, and that really didn't happen at all in the show. It seems like he's supposed to build up into this surrogate father figure for her, but he's just a friend so far.

I also think that it's unfortunate just how badly the rest of the cast treats the main character. Normally in a show like this, you'd have one or two that respect the protag, but everyone is constantly messing with him. It gets to the point where it almost infringes on the friendly rural atmosphere it's building at times. Like I wonder how he even stands these people when there doesn't seem to be any give and take. It doesn't help that the MC is such a loser too. I get that it's because of his sheltered upbringing. But again shows like this typically have arenas or moments where the MC shines and other characters (especially the surrogate child) admire and look up to them. That really doesn't happen here since his calligraphy is all but separate from their world.

I really just want to see more. I want to see the characters grow closer. It seems like Handa is finally starting to come into his own. And I want some adorable moments with Naru. 7/10

P.S. His mom is H.O.TTTTTTTTTTTTT!
Jun 22, 2023 9:59 AM
Aug 2022
Man!!! I really enjoyed it a lot. his mother is so overprotective 😂😂
Oct 26, 2023 10:29 AM
Jun 2022
Rewatchable Anime , In My Rotation.
Dec 17, 2023 2:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well, it took me a bit over a month to finish it but I finally did it, and I’m really glad I did because this was a very nice finale. Who would’ve thought the final obstacle to getting back to the island was Handa’s mom lol, she put up hell of a fight with all those punches but it wasn’t the kind of fight that would make you hate her, because really she’s just worried about her son. Thankfully the kids from the island indirectly convinced her and Handa was able to return, and immediately we’re reminded of the warmth these characters bring when Handa walks through the door for the first time again, I definitely won’t forget these kids. Really loved that illustration after the ED as well, it may not have been much of an ending but that’s just how I like my SoL endings, life just goes on, there’s apparently more manga after this tho which I may check out.

And that was the end, and damn does it hurt to know that lol, this was such a good watch, very heartwarming and healing, had great characters, and it was hilarious, pretty much a perfect recipe for an SoL show, much like another favorite of mine being Non Non Biyori. It really did feel like we went on a journey with Handa too, he changed a lot by the end of this show thanks to the people of the island, it would be hard not to honestly lol. And of course I can’t forget to mention how good the art and animation for this show was, it wasn’t a show that necessarily needed to look so good but the love and attention this got was very nice to see. It was fun revisiting 2014 too, I may not have watched this show at the time but it was a time I was in my earliest day of anime, glad to go back and see what I missed from this time. And lastly, the OP and ED were such a good combo, very good songs and visuals for both, I definitely teared up to that ED a few times too. And I guess sometime soon I’ll check out the spin-off anime, even tho the island folk won’t be there I definitely look forward to it.
Jan 7, 5:30 PM

Feb 2022
I want to go to a place like the island.
Jan 10, 12:39 AM

Feb 2020
Kinda boring show tbh. I expected something more, but oh well.
Jan 24, 12:19 PM

May 2020
And Handa's back on the island, in the same manner he first arrived. Though that was something we all saw coming, Handa's approach or more like his attitude towards the result was something unexpected. I mean 5th place, and he's still cool. Might be just 12 episodes but he came a long way lol.

Really glad he's content with himself now, I mean this was a series about his own self discovery, so great that we're finishing on that note too. I loved the characters, all of them...

... but then again, Handa's mother should've been here since the start, I mean she pouts, she's cute, may scream a bit but okay we can look the other way( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's absolutely baffling how this series never saw a sequel, instead they made an adaptation out of that prequel spinoff, but not a sequel to this smh.

These days anything is possible, chances might be non-existent but no harm in keeping hopes.

Would've gone with a 9, but it feels like series truly started from here. But we're already done. Though that's just a very minor gripe.

8.5/10
Jan 26, 6:05 PM

Jul 2021
I've felt so warm inside watching this.

It's difficult to explain why I love this show so much, and that's one of the things I love about it. For some reason I feel really grateful to the creators.

Glad that this is pretty well-known and often-recommended, we could all use more of this kind of thing. I might come back to this as a comfort summer watch.
Feb 21, 6:01 PM

Nov 2023
Incredible from start to finish.

I can't say much other than that I'm going to recommend this to everyone.
Pages (7) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

154 by Term4738 »»
Yesterday, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

158 by Euonymus »»
Mar 20, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2014

400 by Devonnius »»
Feb 20, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

175 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 24, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Barakamon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

148 by Softhenic03 »»
Jan 24, 10:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.