Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2009 2:40 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pedro Martinez... Pedro Martinez
Poor Maru-chan.

Pin is great, exactly how I would like him to be portrayed - loud and strong.
Kazehaya is great, always blushing.

Yay for Sadako obtaining more friends. I loved how everyone seems to gather around her now within the little group. Her smile was so...elegant. <3

Eep for rumors.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2009 3:47 PM

Sep 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Her smile was so...elegant. <3

Yeah, most beautiful smile ever :3
Oct 20, 2009 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
I was lol'ing so hard at the paper message part. Awesome episode. I hope it continues like this.
Oct 20, 2009 4:33 PM

Oct 2009
This episode once again made me smile, laugh and feel some anger at the end. From the Pedro Martinez (baseball player) suggestion of the teacher Arai Kabaichi at that time to his staring contest and him laughing after was so funny but it was even better when Kazehaya tried and could not do it because of the sudden heat. Loved the part of Kazehaya and Sawako alone in the class room with the sunset because Arai Kabaichi had to suddenly go to the bathroom (that was funny also), good emotions there. Hirano and Endo being friendly with Sawako because Kazehaya told them she was good was also nice, such a nice person Kazehaya. Note passing of Kazehaya was very nice part too. I was surprised that Ume helped at first Sawako. Great emotional exchange of Kazehaya and Sawako with the dog scene at the sunset. The smile was the best of Sawako I have yet seen. When everyone gathered around Sawako I was very happy for her. My problem was Ume getting jealous and the start of spreading nasty rumors. This is really not fair just when Sawako started to make friends. Ume deserves some bad luck for that. Really great episode and it just gets better and better.
SunyiNyufi said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Her smile was so...elegant. <3

Yeah, most beautiful smile ever :3

Sorry but I have to put it here and also in my profile. This is the best of Sawako yet.

Nameless_Hero said:
I was lol'ing so hard at the paper message part. Awesome episode. I hope it continues like this.

Yeah me too but it was not the only part.
francismeunierOct 23, 2009 8:23 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 20, 2009 5:41 PM

Jul 2009
a still pretty funny episode. I like it, even though it does feel at times to be unnecessarily (extreme) girly, but I guess it is just what it is.

and i still cant get enough of the op and ed. lol, seems like this comment is getting old, but i just have to say it...
Oct 20, 2009 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
Ryuu talks to Sawako for the first time.

Kazehaya asks Sawako about the dog's name, That spiky-haired teacher appears for the first time.

Looking straight game and both Sawako and the teacher didn't lose while Kazehaya lost in embarrassment. Even Sawako can feel the difference.

Sawako listens to her friends talking about their relationship and how Kazehaya was popular in junior high school, too.

The teacher is asking for help after school. Sawako and Kazehaya volunteered (while the teacher said boring when only Sawako volunteered. After hearing that Kazehaya is doing, everyone said they can do it, too. The teacher got jealous and called Kazehaya to staff room! lol.

Kazehaya escaped to help Sawako while the teacher when to the rest room. Sawako said thank you for always, and Kazehaya said everyone must be waiting for a chance to talk to Sawako. Nice that they are writing each other's name. The teacher broke the moment by calling Kazehaya through broadcasting, and said that he will announce his most embarrassing moment to everyone if he doesn't show up in 1 min! Two girls came to help because Kazehaya told them to do so and not just stand there.

Her work is done and she said thank you to Kazehaya. She never realize that it was herself that moved everyone including Kazehaya.

Sawako might do kaidan.

At class, Ryuu is sleeping and wanted to warn him by sending notes but Kazehaya took it. He even sent notes to her. He wants to invite Sawako for meeting Maru, the dog. Kazehaya is embarrassed! She agrees and he's happy!

She was dozing while carrying sheets on the hall ways and met a girl, Kurumi. Sawako thinks that she looks like a French doll.

She used the bone to get near Maru. Sawako always studies while daydreaming (or rather brainstorming).

Next day during self-study. Kazehaya asked her a problem, which drew people attention. She's good at teaching, so they are receiving her help.

francismeunier said:

Love this! <3 <3!!

Rumors about her friends in middle school begans and it was Sawako who begins!

Wow, the pace is so fast!

According to Kimitodo, there's DS game!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2009 6:53 PM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:

Thanks for comments! They helped me understand further and better. This anime is really getting better and better.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 20, 2009 8:57 PM

Apr 2009
I also REALLY like the OP and the the ending one is ok... if you know who does the OP let me know. I think it sounds like James Iha from the Smashing pumpkins.
Oct 20, 2009 11:45 PM
Apr 2008
Its really touchy to see her surrounding's change and people's change of point of view of Sawako. Series' is seriously getting better week by week.
Oct 20, 2009 11:50 PM

Jul 2008
daniking79 said:
I also REALLY like the OP and the the ending one is ok... if you know who does the OP let me know. I think it sounds like James Iha from the Smashing pumpkins.

Tomofumi Tanizawa
Oct 20, 2009 11:52 PM

Jun 2009
Fucking awesome series. Still loving the OP and gorgeous ED, I'm starting to like Sawako's voice now, and this series makes me feel emotional.
Oct 21, 2009 12:14 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
BEST PARTS:

-Kazehaya losing in embarrassment after staring <3333

-Kazehaya writing Sawako's name <333

-Sawako passing along the note and Kazehaya's reaction

-Maru running towards the smell of the bone instead of towards Sawako.

I absolutely love how it's staying so true to the manga so far.
p r o f i l e 👀
Oct 21, 2009 12:20 AM
Mar 2009
Yeah the ED is the best thing this season, sooooo nice to look at

Well this episode wasnt as strong as the previous ones, (probably because Im getting used to the cuteness overload), but still 100% solid

I just hate that they have to spiral this into another "good girl gets bullied" show... If it were up to me it would just be a nice happy story of a couple falling in love, I dont really need anything else
Oct 21, 2009 12:26 AM

Jan 2009
Honestly, Kazehaya's smile can turn everyone gay. Also it was pretty weird the way Kazehaya turned out a bit possessive over Sawako, certainly lovely but quite odd (Although I wouldn't mind if he did that for me, he can rape me if he wants, I would let him).

I love the innocent feeling this series emit, I'm so attached to the characters with just a mere 3 episodes already released. Gah!

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 21, 2009 1:26 AM

Jul 2009
Perfect episode..can't help myself from smiling almost on every scene, 5/5

Yay for Pin..finally he is here, and lol at him staring at Sawako, and Kazehaya trying to do the same XD
Oct 21, 2009 1:38 AM

Sep 2007
Mikiyo said:
Also it was pretty weird the way Kazehaya turned out a bit possessive over Sawako, certainly lovely but quite odd (Although I wouldn't mind if he did that for me, he can rape me if he wants, I would let him).
I don't think it's weird, it's kinda a natural course, since he fell in love with a girl, who was not so social, and only opened up to him, which made him happy and feel special... and this special feeling might disappear when she opens up to others.
Well obviously it won't dissappear of course :D
Oct 21, 2009 2:51 AM

Jan 2009
This was a freaking beautiful episode. TT_TT

And Sawako's smile...FTFW!!!!!!

^This is now my wallpaper.

I'm really worried about Sawako and the rumors though. >.< Everything was working out so well. I hope it's really just a HUGE misunderstanding.
Oct 21, 2009 5:13 AM

May 2009
Argh. Have to wait a week for the next episode. Torture.
Oct 21, 2009 5:14 AM

Aug 2007
Lepchin17 said:

aww :3

Oct 21, 2009 6:20 AM

Jul 2008
Kazehaya is so cute when he blushes <3

Oct 21, 2009 6:22 AM

Jul 2009
vertrag said:
Lepchin17 said:

aww :3
I think i'm in love <3
Oct 21, 2009 6:41 AM

Dec 2008
i have a feeling i'm goin to be crying at the end of this series. loved this episode. i can't wait for more.

Oct 21, 2009 6:57 AM

Feb 2008
oh so thats how its gonna go. well this was a fun episode as expected. next week the "enemy's" work starts.
Oct 21, 2009 7:03 AM

May 2007
Um, ditto to everything. And I'm adding an extra Squeeeeee!! of joy. ;D

The note passing was really cute. I really like Ryuu and I hope he has a larger role as a side character soon. The smile was utterly terrific. And I'm not looking forward to seeing that curly-haired girl cause problems. Sigh.

It's all just so f'ing sweet!! ;)
Oct 21, 2009 7:14 AM

Aug 2009
Wish they didn't put those dramatic blush moments so all over the place. Other than that it was a pretty nice episode. Next one is going to be interesting.
Oct 21, 2009 7:22 AM

Jul 2009
Aww smile :>
I was really hoping for some Engrish though :(
Oct 21, 2009 8:22 AM

Apr 2009
Another great episode! The best this fall anime for me is this one!

Next episode looks will be sad ... maybe that girl who helped her to pick up the papers spread the rumor , because she was shown being a bit jealous that Kazehaya shows so much attention to Sawako
Oct 21, 2009 8:50 AM
Jun 2009
so far the best episode for me... twist in the end of the ep... can't wait to see wat happens next! >.<
Oct 21, 2009 8:53 AM
Jun 2009
Afrolukas said:
Another great episode! The best this fall anime for me is this one!

Next episode looks will be sad ... maybe that girl who helped her to pick up the papers spread the rumor , because she was shown being a bit jealous that Kazehaya shows so much attention to Sawako

yeah~~ i agree!! i want to believe that THE FRENCH DOLL GIRL spread the rumors!! >.< remmber?? THAT FRENCH DOLL GIRL was in the same school with Yoshida,,, >.<
Oct 21, 2009 8:55 AM
Nov 2008
I am SO glad that there are good warm and fuzzy shows like Kobato and Kimi ni Todoke airing. I made the mistake of watching Kanon and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien back to back, so it's fantastic to have counter-sadness matereal like this to watch right now.

Smile...so pretty! Huge success for Sawako, absolutely love seeing her win. Of course, it's about to come tumbling down before her name is inevitably cleared...I expect to be in tears next week.

Wonder how long they're gonna make us wait for Kazehaya and Sawako to actually be together...
Oct 21, 2009 9:50 AM

May 2009
Hm... I loved the part when they looked at each other and couldn't keep up for legendary 3 seconds. Then the following as they write each others names was soooooooo much hear warming scene. It was so lovely of those 2 girls to help her with filling that attendance book... but I wonder what kind of past is Kazehaya hiding. ^^
In the second part I liked when they exchanged the class note... That scene was so kawaii!~
When they got into walk with dog was just ok... nothing much. As for later when she learned the whole class, was hearth warming scene. AND YEAH! There was that beautiful smile of hears... everybody was happy to see that, and it was especially sweet when Kazehaya said that he wants to keep that smile only for himself. :D

I would pay, the money I do not have, to see how all those chibi faces really looked like. I mean all those expressions, I would gladly love to see them. ^^

The end was weird alright... Sawako would never do that as all of u know. That blonde has done it for sure... She probably hates her bcs Sawako is so close to her Kazehaya she dig something about Ayane and Chizuru. Oh well cant wait for next episode! :DDDDDD
Oct 21, 2009 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
I'm in love with Kazehaya xD He blushes all the time. It was so cute when he tried to stare at Sawako for 3 seconds but failed. And the note passing was a lol moment. I couldn't help but smile through-out this entire episode.

Breath||
Oct 21, 2009 10:26 AM

Oct 2009
Really, Kazehaya is too cute to be true <3 but i think i'll end up falling for Ryu xD
Oct 21, 2009 10:41 AM

May 2009
again very nice eps. I'm kinda confused with the end, though. 4th eps is looking not very good for sawako...

and whats about kazehaya's past? he got really nervous when pin told that he would reveal his past...
peroxidOct 21, 2009 10:47 AM
Oct 21, 2009 11:18 AM

Sep 2007
Pin looks and acts so much like a Shounen-series-character, but I love characters that don't really fit. ^^

I lol'd when Maru's voice actor was listed as "?" in the credits. XD
Oct 21, 2009 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
This show is this season's guilty pleasure. So good! Sawako's smile - cuuuuuute!

Who could believe sweet Sawako could spread rumors like that? It will only last one episode before french doll girl gets found out. it's got to be her!
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Oct 21, 2009 12:12 PM

Jun 2008
heartwarming stuff; but seems to turn ugly soon...
peroxid said:
and whats about kazehaya's past? he got really nervous when pin told that he would reveal his past...
rather why would pin know about it at all?
Oct 21, 2009 12:26 PM

Sep 2008
seriously there is only one way to describe this "disgusting". I started gagging every time they tried to do some thing obnoxiously cute. It's literally forcing it self to be too cute then it needs to be, like Jesus Christ do we need bubbles and hearts and flowers to come of every reaction to everything? And it's relentless with the clinches, I already know whats gonna happen, sudden love rival appearance, she probably doing cause she lonely or some bullshit and then her and Sawako are gonna be friends after the whole thing is resolved. Just more terribly generic uninspired tween tripe.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 21, 2009 12:58 PM

Apr 2009
Nameless_Hero said:
daniking79 said:

Tomofumi Tanizawa

Thank you!!! :)
Oct 21, 2009 1:01 PM

Jul 2007
kazehaya is soo shy :3 i love it when he blushes >:3 oh pin is just too great ;D specially the eye contacted bit lol
Oct 21, 2009 1:21 PM

Mar 2008
Finally some Pin!!!

I loved the Maru-chan scene. Poor Sawako x) Her smile is the cutest thing ever. In fact this entire anime keeps exploding with cuteness every single second. I freaking love it!
Oct 21, 2009 1:46 PM

Sep 2009
Nooooooo! >.< I'm dreading next week's ep.. just as things seem to be going well for Sawako, this French Doll has to come and ruin it.. I knew from the moment she overheard Sawa and Kaze that she was up to no good! *shakes fist*
Off on a tangent: would she have anything to do with Kazehaya's past he doesn't want revealed...?
Again, probably waaay off on a tangent there^^
Oct 21, 2009 1:49 PM

Nov 2008
Seriously, someone should mention Yoshida. I love her (simpe) expressions. Every show needs a comedy sidekick like that.

And for the rest, everything was cute as hell. Which was a good thing. Shaping up to be a big favorite this season, I think.
Oct 21, 2009 1:51 PM

Nov 2007

Priceless smile!!! <3
I like the Maru-chan part. lol.
GOtta say that Ryuu guy is definetely going to have a bigger part coming up..o__o I can feel it.
And Pin-sensai. Wow. LOL!!
Great episode yet again. :DD
O_O
Oct 21, 2009 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
i get so emotional when watching this lol
sawako is so cute and innocent I nearly cried
Oct 21, 2009 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
next episode!!! can't wait!
Oct 21, 2009 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
Season's best.
So cute. It's just a simple story [for now], but still so beautiful.

|| Hatred dyes the heart black.
Oct 21, 2009 2:52 PM

Apr 2009
i wonder what kazehaya's embarrassing secrets are.
Oct 21, 2009 2:56 PM

Mar 2008
The note passing part was great, had a good laugh at it.
Oct 21, 2009 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
I like how this anime's romance is so pure and innocent. I can even feel the butterflies xD The OP and ED also add to the effect.

I loved the scene when Kazehaya wrote down Sawako's name and they looked up at each other all cute and embarrassed <333

I know for a fact that I'm going to be sad when I watch the next episode D: Just when she gots some nice new friends, too!

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.