Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 18, 2009 3:13 PM

May 2008
Do you think that Kinzo's gold really exists?
And if so, where do you think he got it from?

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 18, 2009 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
Have you noticed that they sometimes call Beatrice the alchemist of the Ushiromiya family? I guess that means alchemy was involved somehow. I don't want it to be something like that though
Oct 18, 2009 4:39 PM

Dec 2007
I think that it would have something to do with Beatrice's family given the theory that she was born a wealthy human. Kinzo might have abducted/obtained her at whatever age and claimed her families gold as a result. Perhaps Kinzo faked her death and claimed her inheritance while he kept her alive, or he was captivated by her and abducted a wealthy Beatrice who already inherited her gold and that was unaware of the world around her, claiming her gold and her for himself.

This mainly come from the fact that I believe the flashback scene with Rosa and Beatrice was all real.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2009 4:43 PM
Jun 2008
It's probably all hiding in his ass waiting for him to poop it out at the plot's convenience.
Oct 18, 2009 7:41 PM

Dec 2008
tehnominator said:
It's probably all hiding in his ass waiting for him to poop it out at the plot's convenience.

Thank you for adding absolutely nothing to the topic. Your cookie is located at the nearest exit.

Anyway, I don't believe the gold exists, as I have not seen all of it yet.
Oct 18, 2009 8:14 PM
Jun 2008
titanguy654 said:
tehnominator said:

Thank you for adding absolutely nothing to the topic. Your cookie is located at the nearest exit.

Anyway, I don't believe the gold exists, as I have not seen all of it yet.

But I just answered the question. The gold's existence relied completely on whether the story needs it to be tangible or not.

And I contributed far more than you have, since I actually gave an explanation as to why it may or may not be there in actuality.
Oct 18, 2009 9:19 PM
Jul 2008
There's gold on Rokkenjima, but definitely not ten tons. It seems likely that Kinzo originally gambled on the investor choosing several real bars out of a group of fakes, and that's how his "magic" of statistical miracles came to be.
Oct 18, 2009 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
Didn't Eva find ten tons of gold? Unless that scene is fake, the gold must exist.
Oct 18, 2009 10:32 PM

Jun 2007
Knowing Umineko, seeing Eva finding the gold is not proof that it exists.

Instead of making it 100% certain, I'd lower it to 75%
Oct 22, 2009 1:36 PM

Sep 2007
I arbitrarily trust Battler's point of view, so I believe that there are at least the gold bars that he saw in the first twilight from EP2.

However:
AntiDentite said:
There's gold on Rokkenjima, but definitely not ten tons. It seems likely that Kinzo originally gambled on the investor choosing several real bars out of a group of fakes, and that's how his "magic" of statistical miracles came to be.
Yeah, I think this is likely.

tehnominator said:

Oct 22, 2009 2:20 PM

Jun 2007
AntiDentite said:

I like this theory, but I would even take it a step farther and say that the only real bar out of the whole ten tons was the one the investor took. No real reason I think this other than winning against that many odds could definitely be considered a miracle.
Oct 22, 2009 5:59 PM

Jun 2007
To further add to this I think the only reason Kinzo owns the island is because local superstition scared away any potential inhabitants and buys which made the price become dirt cheap. Beo mentions a few times that the island was inhabited by evil or ghosts even before she arrived. So it would make sense that superstition scared people away. Kinzon just profited off it.

As for the gold...I'm not to sure. The island might actually be a gold mine. After finding out that there was gold on the island maybe that's what made him buy the whole island. I suppose I could even go as far as to say that there where inhabitants on the island (beo's family) but they where scared off or killed by Kinzon. Beo was spared and made to be his mistress in her home located in the woods.
Oct 22, 2009 6:06 PM

Sep 2007
Buying your own island is never "dirt cheap", even if there are local legends. I'm pretty sure you'd have to dish out some heavy bribes to Japanese government officials to pull that kind of thing off, if nothing else. Besides, I think he bought the island after he was rich. Kinzo's children talk about moving to Rokkenjima, don't they?

I also doubt that there is a gold mine on the island, since gold has never been found anywhere in Japan, and is very rarely found on small islands.

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.