Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2014 5:03 AM
Feb 2010
I can't find info on this anywhere T-T
Is this supposed to be a recap, remake, or something??
Did they add omake scenes? OVA?

Is there a reason to watch this over the original series?
What difference does it have?
Does anybody know?
Aug 4, 2014 5:09 AM

Jul 2013
It's a rebroadcast edited to show two episodes per week which explains the air time of ~1 hour with added 1 - 2 minutes of footage--mostly for transition. The new footage aren't significant. You can either watch the rebroadcast or the original series. Doesn't really matter.
Aug 4, 2014 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
A recap. It's simply a re-edited and compressed version of the original 22 episodes into eleven 1-hour long episodes with no difference cept some newly produced footage.

No there isn't a reason to watch this over the previous make. It's a mere recap with more uselessly added monologues after all. You're welcome to watch it if you so wish though.
Aug 4, 2014 5:16 AM

Jul 2013
Ryukatsuka said:
A recap. It's simply a re-edited and compressed version of the original 22 episodes into eleven 1-hour long episodes with no difference cept some newly produced footage.

No there isn't a reason to watch this over the previous make. It's a mere recap with more uselessly added monologues after all. You're welcome to watch it if you so wish though.
It's not a recap, it's a rebroadcast.
Aug 4, 2014 5:22 AM

Mar 2014
orithyea said:
Ryukatsuka said:

Technicalities. They're re broadcasting what's already happened with some slight added scenes for transitioning so the term isn't really misleading.
Aug 4, 2014 5:34 AM

Jul 2013
Ryukatsuka said:
orithyea said:

Technicalities. They're re broadcasting what's already happened with some slight added scenes for transitioning so the term isn't really misleading.
I'm emphasizing because this is the main reason it isn't allowed on MAL. And yes, it is misleading. A recap is a summary, unless it's a 'full' recap stated officially.
Aug 4, 2014 5:45 AM

Mar 2014
orithyea said:
Ryukatsuka said:

I'm emphasizing because this is the main reason it isn't allowed on MAL. And yes, it is misleading. A recap is a summary, unless it's a 'full' recap stated officially.

The reason is due to a misunderstanding on the mods behalf based on their belief that the newly added scenes isn't sufficient justification for it to have a separate entry on the database. Nothing to do with an incorrectly used term. And for those who've already watched the series, it's little more than a protracted recap.

I don't know if you're nitpicking because you believe the OP (as a new viewer) will fall into confusion because of the term or...?
Aug 4, 2014 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
Ryukatsuka said:
orithyea said:

The reason is due to a misunderstanding on the mods behalf based on their belief that the newly added scenes isn't sufficient justification for it to have a separate entry on the database. Nothing to do with an incorrectly used term. And for those who've already watched the series, it's little more than a protracted recap.

I don't know if you're nitpicking because you believe the OP (as a new viewer) will fall into confusion because of the term or...?
I've watched the series and am watching the "re-edit version". I know what I'm watching, and it isn't a recap; and what I'm doing isn't called nitpicking. That so-called incorrectly used term is the key factor for the (current) guidelines. The content isn't what they're basing on. I don't get how you fail to see that. Also, stop speaking for the others.

Recap =/= rebroadcast. Anyway, I'm going to drop it. What I'm stating has already been said before.
Aug 7, 2014 7:54 AM
Feb 2014
I have never watched Psycho-Pass so should I watch the PP Extended Edition or normal? I know the extended edition is still airing, but I can wait. So do you think that the few added scenes are worth waiting?
Aug 7, 2014 8:04 AM

May 2014
FinnishBaka said:
I have never watched Psycho-Pass so should I watch the PP Extended Edition or normal? I know the extended edition is still airing, but I can wait. So do you think that the few added scenes are worth waiting?
Nope, because the pacing is off and I fall asleep while watching it.
Aug 7, 2014 1:30 PM
Oct 2012
FinnishBaka said:

First off there are only like 2-3 min of extra scenes per min so it's not like you're watching a lot more.
Second, the extra scenes give you a lot of insight into the main antagonist, Makishima, and imo they're very intriguing. I would highly recommend watching extended edition.
Aug 9, 2014 12:37 PM
Feb 2014
Watashi20 said:
FinnishBaka said:

First off there are only like 2-3 min of extra scenes per min so it's not like you're watching a lot more.
Second, the extra scenes give you a lot of insight into the main antagonist, Makishima, and imo they're very intriguing. I would highly recommend watching extended edition.

Thanks, I will watch the EE. Actually I will start watching it right now :D
Mar 11, 2016 11:48 AM

Jan 2016
@Ana sorry for picking up this thread again since it's so old, but basically I don't need to watch it? Like I won't miss anything significant? I've watched the first season already and then noticed the so-called rebroadcast as you said.
Aug 14, 2016 5:52 PM
Nov 2014
Anilist has a far better database, because they have the EXTRA things. They have THIS specific 're-airing'. And it's under 'alternative'. I don't trust using this database at all, when, when I come back to it, I know I won't have the specific pycho-pass version I want to watch. It's completely separate. It's a separate broadcast, with separate info, and it's separate on any host website. Why on earth do they refuse to update their crap database?
Jan 6, 2017 10:18 AM

Oct 2014
Not to mention this is inconsistent. The uncensored dubbed version of the Gurren Lagann hot springs episode has its own separate entry because it was released separately (kinda like Psycho-Pass Extended) when it's just the uncut version of the dub episode.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
May 19, 2020 7:59 AM

Jan 2014
Why hasn’t it been made into a separate entry yet? Watching the extended edition now but I guess I’ll just say I’m rewatching psycho pass on my list?
laputiaMay 19, 2020 8:07 AM
Oct 5, 2020 5:29 AM

Nov 2011
The extended edition has 30 minutes of exclusive scenes that add further detail into certain characters and ties into S2. It should be in the database, but it isn’t because is ran by know it alls.
Feb 15, 2021 9:22 PM
Apr 2015
Klonoa7H said:
The extended edition has 30 minutes of exclusive scenes that add further detail into certain characters and ties into S2. It should be in the database, but it isn’t because is ran by know it alls.

So basically it is combination of 2 episodes, with the duration twice as normal episodes only with 1 opening and 1 ending song. All scenes from original episode is complete, without cutting any of that scenes and was given additional scenes.

Am I right?
Feb 16, 2021 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
Francis_0 said:
Klonoa7H said:

So basically it is combination of 2 episodes, with the duration twice as normal episodes only with 1 opening and 1 ending song. All scenes from original episode is complete, without cutting any of that scenes and was given additional scenes.

Am I right?

Pretty much that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

928 by EndSh0t »»
Apr 23, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

329 by Saww_Duss »»
Apr 22, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.