Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2014 2:04 AM

Dec 2012
Hey guys! I just started reading G-Senjou no Maou, and I've gotta say, I absolutely love this VN already, and I absolutely loathe it at the same time.
As of writing this post, I'm

I love it because its intense. Its thrilling. It's refreshing. I absolutely love Haru, she is an amazing character. Her introduction at the beginning of class had me absolutely thrilled.
However, something that really, REALLY throws me off, (although I still love it), is the protagonist. Azai-kun. Is there any, ANY redeeming features on the "good" scale for him? Because of the point of view the VN is told, we know what hes thinking. Everything he does is just.. meticulously materialistic. So we know that his "caring" side is actually all a front and everything is about money. However, since I am just around.. half-way? through the VN. I just want to know, if there is any redeeming "good" that comes out of this character.
This character really, really plays on my own morals, and its really hard to read without cringing at some parts. Its like viewing the world from the absolute trashiest, point of view the negative human nature can offer, and I just find it repulsive. So I can atleast.. not cringe so much. Is there any redeeming factors for him later on? Just a simple Yes or No will suffice. Thank you!

P.S. English is not my best language! So please excuse any inconsistencies that you may find!

EDIT: Oh and is there a certain route order that I should play in? I noticed a walk-through that says, Tsubaki first, Kanon, etc etc. Haru last. Because of the different branching points in the linear storyline
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 31, 2014 12:19 PM
Jul 2009
As the plot progresses, so will Kyousuke's character and you'll eventually learn why he is the way he is.

From your edit comment, it seems like you already have the general idea of how the routes progress from the walkthrough. Just save before you enter a route so that you can come back and continue on further down the story. Each route is well worth going through, with their own gripping conflicts, lessons, and touching moments.

G-senjou no Maou is an amazing VN, one that deserves more recognition. Hope you enjoy it, I can't find the words to even describe this grand piece of work.

On a side note, True Ending ftw. Gotta love Haru
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Your top character of the game?

KiraYoshikage - Jan 24, 2011

33 by midnightblade »»
Sep 23, 2015 2:58 AM

Poll: » The route you prefer

KiraYoshikage - Jan 21, 2011

16 by midnightblade »»
Sep 23, 2015 1:41 AM

» What order are the routes in for you and why? (Remember Spoiler tags for stuff that need it!!)

Riptos - Mar 19, 2012

3 by NoobS »»
Aug 2, 2015 6:31 PM

» What do you think of the True Ending? (SPOILER ALERT)

LeSushiman - Apr 19, 2013

10 by dangogoddammit »»
Feb 13, 2015 2:01 AM

» Loved Usami Haru. Can anyone recommend visual novels/anime with similar characters to her?

Megalo-dono - Aug 13, 2013

2 by Megalo-dono »»
Sep 21, 2013 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.