Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2014 5:51 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A pretty lackluster ending, but at least a number of problems has been resolved.
Nov 30, 2023 9:39 PM

Dec 2009
For Rie Kanou's debut manga, this wasn't exactly bad, but it was very flawed and subpar.

Crunchyroll's seemingly flawed or overly literal translation probably didn't help, since the dialogue comes off as very stiff (formal) and unnatural.
To me, it really negatively affected the experience of reading this manga, so I'm not sure how correct my impression was.

Regardless, the plots are boring and the finale is incredibly underwhelming, including the false displays of sub-plot.
The potential that Sakurai would be a love interest to Yumako and not happening was a little disappointing, but moreso weird for seeming like it would, and doesn't.
Worse is how obnoxious and weird Madowa is, seeming like she's become a sudden lesbian for Yumako, only to realize she craved for her as a mother for never growing up with hers, which we only officially learn in the finale.
She's detestable from the beginning, so her not being a lesbian and actually wanting a mother is sweet, but she remains annoying till the end.

Everyone's behavior, although the translation doesn't help... are mostly a little bizarre.
Yumako herself in the beginning doesn't look right. A hot babe who looks mature and sexy, but has this odd insecure comedic angry emotional teenage-like outbursts and cries often.
It's an intriguing understandable trait for being home sick and genuinely a chill person, but in the first quarter, it doesn't feel right.

Anyway, Madowa chasing her with no clear explanation or intention is irrational, and the three other victims helping the aliens was a little stupid as well.
The chinese woman little arc was decent. Aside from that, everything else was very underdeveloped and lackluster. 3/10.

So far, as far as I know since I can't read her latest work, Slow Motion is Rie Kanou's best manga, still.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Light Woman Chapter 6 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Mar 18, 2014

1 by waalex11 »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:20 PM

Poll: » Star Light Woman Chapter 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Mar 17, 2014

1 by waalex11 »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:02 PM

Poll: » Star Light Woman Chapter 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Mar 17, 2014

1 by waalex11 »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:35 AM

Poll: » Star Light Woman Chapter 14 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 15, 2014

0 by -Karoshi- »»
Apr 15, 2014 5:20 PM

Poll: » Star Light Woman Chapter 13 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Mar 31, 2014

1 by Eriol »»
Apr 12, 2014 5:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.