Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well . . . I like the direction this is going now, was kind of pissed about the recent development, hope that that senpai's story helped Tsutomo to decide to actually try and pursue Mikako. Although this idea that "If I fall for her, I won't get to experience so many things" is retarded, since the opposite is true too . . .
Sep 21, 2022 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
Liked this chapter. Tsutomu was able to help Mariko sort herself out and seek out the things that were truly important to her.

I think Tsutomu's irresolution is applied to the story in an interesting way. There's so much ambiguity in his decisions because he's lost and unsure of himself. The story doesn't just revolve around Tsutomu and Mikako's relationship. Several times Mikako has made note that Tsutomu hasn't changed in all the years she's known him. Followed by some comical display to draw attention away from the suggestion. It seems like Tsutomu has issues with growing up or that he's unsure about his future. Makes sense for him to express himself in riddles and say things that are somewhat misplaced.

Enjoyed Ruriko's awareness of her daughter as well. The polarity of age difference is always a nice touch. Most YA mediums tend to forget they even have parents.

More topics from this board

» Will this ever be officially released in English in America?

Eternal_Moon - Jul 25, 2009

4 by ShadowNeo2 »»
Jan 14, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Gokinjo Monogatari Chapter 8 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 12, 2009

2 by removed-user »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:49 PM

Poll: » Gokinjo Monogatari Chapter 7 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 12, 2009

3 by mirandalup »»
Aug 8, 2023 5:45 AM

» Before you read this

Shidoteki - May 23, 2023

0 by Shidoteki »»
May 23, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Gokinjo Monogatari Chapter 6 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 12, 2009

2 by removed-user »»
Sep 23, 2022 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.