Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Apr 14 - 20

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 28, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2010
Sorry, but Mekaku is dead. Its not going to suddenly turn itself around and sell 50k when its projected to sell like 2k now.

Apr 28, 2014 5:31 PM

Oct 2007
RyanSaotome said:
Sorry, but Mekaku is dead. Its not going to suddenly turn itself around and sell 50k when its projected to sell like 2k now.

Kagerou Days. Most popular song in the series that everything seems to be building up to judging by what fans of the novels are saying and how the first set of one episode volumes for the show (still can't get over that and would just love to see any franchise try to pull that in the R1 market no matter how popular) end at episode 4 indicating they expect things to get moving at that point . Can't really discount those factors.

Plus there's no way it's that easy for me to get my wish to see Akiyuki Shinbo and Aniplex humbled so completely in front of like...everyone. They want the potential record sales from the Kagepro audience so damn bad they can't even pretend to hide it (I've seen screen shots of the second episode of that show advertising the 6/25 release date of the first Blu-Ray point blank in the background as opposed to the usual little reminder text crawl you get at the bottom of the screen during the start of some episodes) and I freely admit the schadenfreude I would get from seeing them denied it would be pretty overwhelming. People can feel free to call me a jerk for wishing failure on others, but frankly I'm tired of the arrogance pouring out of that wing of the industry and would love nothing more than to just see them fall flat on their face for once. Not going to be that easy though. Why? Because of what I mentioned in the first paragraph and simply because I wish it that's why. Go knows trends in otaku/entertainment culture clearly do not allow for anything I'm hopeful for to actually come to pass on pretty much any level.
PeacingOutApr 28, 2014 5:34 PM
Apr 28, 2014 6:18 PM

Dec 2007
Well, I would like Mekaku to sell because I'm a fan of the franchise, I really don't care much about the other Shaft shows, and didn't Sasami-San flop? It's average is about 1k+
Apr 28, 2014 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
People are overestimating the importance of disc sales, they are not needed for a series to be profitable. This also goes for mekaku city actors.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 28, 2014 6:31 PM
Dec 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I don't get this. The kagepro franchise as a whole are currently having a big boost right now on every line of merch. If that's what you call "falling flat" then you're just being stupid.
You remind me very much of obnoxious Love Live fans calling Idolmaster franchise "dead" when its not.
Apr 28, 2014 6:50 PM

Dec 2007
Persona 3 movie is looking good in Stalker can't wait until the release date!
Apr 28, 2014 6:59 PM

Oct 2007
volare1 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I don't get this. The kagepro franchise as a whole are currently having a big boost right now on every line of merch. If that's what you call "falling flat" then you're just being stupid.
You remind me very much of obnoxious Love Live fans calling Idolmaster franchise "dead" when its not.

I'm not saying it's dead at all, I even said I don't think the anime is dead at all, I'd just like to see it fail to meet the record sales it's creators are seeking because there's certain people in the industry I'd like to see humbled a little. Do I think it's actually going to happen? Absolutely not. These people are masters of marketing and convincing people to buy and support their stuff after all. As for how the franchise itself is doing as a whole, that's an entire different matter and I don't really care if it is popular or not outside of the anime adaptation.

rederoin said:
People are overestimating the importance of disc sales, they are not needed for a series to be profitable. This also goes for mekaku city actors.

It's clearly already popular and has it's own community beyond the anime, I don't think I ever questioned that. This is about certain people blatantly trying to cash in on existing properties popularity in one of the most transparent ways I've ever seen that I'm talking about.
PeacingOutApr 28, 2014 7:03 PM
Apr 28, 2014 7:09 PM
Dec 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm not saying it's dead at all, I even said I don't think the anime is dead at all, I'd just like to see it fail to meet the record sales it's creators are seeking because there's certain people in the industry I'd like to see humbled a little.

Why do you want these people to be humbled? What did they do to you? Did they raped you or something? I could give you counseling if you want.

Kaioshin_Sama said:

This is about certain people blatantly trying to cash in on existing properties popularity in one of the most transparent ways I've ever seen that I'm talking about.

Aniplex is a production company. Shaft has their production department as well. Their job is to make money and their clients earn more money and they're doing a good job as far as I can tell.
Apr 28, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2012
volare1 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'm not saying it's dead at all, I even said I don't think the anime is dead at all, I'd just like to see it fail to meet the record sales it's creators are seeking because there's certain people in the industry I'd like to see humbled a little.

Why do you want these people to be humbled? What did they do to you? Did they raped you or something? I could give you counseling if you want.

Kaioshin_Sama said:

This is about certain people blatantly trying to cash in on existing properties popularity in one of the most transparent ways I've ever seen that I'm talking about.

Aniplex is a production company. Shaft has their production department as well. Their job is to make money and their clients earn more money and they're doing a good job as far as I can tell.

Don't bother with this guy. His whole problem is that shows that he doesn't like are successful. That's it. He takes it like if Aniplex/Shat/Kyoani are making international complots specifically to make his life horrible or something. He is one of the worst example of a hater and a troll i've seen on MAL.
Also he is butthurtted because the majority of the western anime community doesn't talk or care much about Gundam or mecha genre.
Andan210Apr 28, 2014 8:01 PM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 28, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2013
They thought even if they half-assed the anime it would still sell, but it doesn't look that way so now they're upping the animation to try and save it, this what happens when greed takes over.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Yesterday, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

2 by deg »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.