3It was OK
5.9%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
17 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 6:18 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I hope that wasn't the only effect that Kaibas card has. It was useful, but there got to be more :O
MarlogesApr 1, 2014 9:03 AM
May 12, 2014 9:05 PM

Mar 2011
Epic duel.
They changed a bit the animation this episode, am I wrong?
Jul 9, 2014 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
lol Apparently it's against the rules place a card on the field without looking, but Yugi doesn't care about the rules. The strange thing is that Ishizu placed a card on the field without looking and the judge didn't say anything.
Mar 25, 2020 5:39 PM

Nov 2017
&++ now Obelisk is on the field! Damn, and he packs quite a punch!
Nov 14, 2020 2:20 AM
May 2020
When Yugi activated Multiply, he can actually summon 4 more Metal Fiend Tokens, and use 3 of them as the tributes for Obelisk. After that, by tributing 2 more Tokens, he could have activated Obelisk's special effect to make its attack point become infinity.
May 1, 2021 11:36 PM

Apr 2020
Looks like kaiba will finally acknowledge the power of friendship in this duel lmao
Oct 7, 2021 10:32 PM

Aug 2019
Wow the animation was awful in certain scenes, and it seems like they wasted their whole budget on the summoning of Obelisk and its attack scene. They even cut corners by recycling the animation from the Jounouchi vs Marik duel when Marik revived Ra. :P

Also can I just say that Kazuki Takahashi must really hate Osiris? I mean just take at look a its battle record:

1) It was the first God Card to be "beaten" and have its weakness revealed when Yugi exploited its ATK increase gimmick and Summon Lightning Shot ability to beat the Doll via deck-out.
2) During Yugi and Kaiba's duel against Mask of Light and Mask of Darkness Yugi wasn't even able to draw Osiris, nor could he have summoned it anyway due to Mask of Restrict.
3) When Yugi dueled evil!Jounouchi, Marik banned Yugi from using the card during that duel because he didn't want the card to be dragged underwater with Yugi if he lost the duel and got drowned.
4) During the duel with Kaiba in the manga Osiris barely got to do anything and then its battle with Obelisk ended in a draw since they both had the same ATK. The anime expanded on it, but the end result was the same.
5) Now in this episode Osiris got incinerated by Ra almost immediately after Yugi summoned it.

Yugi vs Bakura was the only duel up to this point where Osiris was able to actually win a duel for Yugi. :/
Apr 20, 2022 7:32 PM

Nov 2010
Early_Morning said:

Also can I just say that Kazuki Takahashi must really hate Osiris?

Yup, it looks cool and that's about it. I think it's main purpose is to bully newbie decks. lol

Anyway,

Isono is so based. He's willing to disqualify Yugi for such petty reasons while letting Marik do nasty shit via Shadow Games. lol

Ah finally, Obelisk. A good God card.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.