Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2009 12:41 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

just wow! Jin is the bad one, and finally we know who Sana is.
poor Jo. T___T
Jan 9, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2011
Dat Vulcan Project.

Also, it's strange to see Shiba act like that contrasts his usual cherry self this episode. Holy shit @ the revelation. Wow, Jin..didn't see that coming.
Jul 2, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, what the hell? One, poor children...and two, what the hell Jin. I thought you were one of the good guys. ): I LIKED YOU.
Poor Joe...Poor Sana! She's stuck in that thing unable to do anything or say anything.
Nov 9, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
It was kind of guessable from the opening's animation that Jin is not exactly a good person, but damn, the extent of his cruelty still got to me.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 31, 2023 11:30 PM

Dec 2022
Pretty good reveal, especially since all the warning signs were there, if subtle. Even in episode 1, Jin went as far as to tell Sana "You can't tell who's really scary just by how they look on the outside", while giving her a gentle smile to contrast Jo's "scary" aloofness. Then, later on, he drives Sana to unconsciousness through the piano playing so that she can be an easy target for kidnapping.

The reason the betrayal still hits well is because Jin took advantage of Sana and Jo's blind naivety, despite Jin being suspiciously ineffective at protecting Sana throughout the anime. In my eyes, it's an example of good writing, which is a welcome change from bad writing like Toraji's entire existence.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 3, 5:59 PM

Aug 2017
Best episode so far, Shiba was right about Jin, poor Joe and Sanae got betrayed, also those poor children, LOL he doesn't look like Johan for nothing,
Finally we got some explanation to Sanae's importance, can't wait for next episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Innocent Venus Episode 12 Discussion

Murbella - Jan 23, 2011

11 by Dekom »»
Apr 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Innocent Venus Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

3 by Dekom »»
Apr 6, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Innocent Venus Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

6 by Dekom »»
Apr 5, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Innocent Venus Episode 9 Discussion

meneope - Feb 11, 2012

6 by Dekom »»
Apr 4, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Innocent Venus Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

4 by Dekom »»
Apr 2, 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.