Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Mar 16, 2021 8:13 PM

Jun 2014
Well, they've finally finished filming that movie. That seemed a little more dragged out than it needed to be.

May 11, 2021 10:25 PM

Jan 2019
End of Sighs arc, absolutely crushed we didn't get to see the final cut of the movie, but I've noticed this series has a tendency to not deliver on stuff like that, choosing narration instead.

Edit- 2 seconds into the next episode chronologically and I stand profoundly corrected.
Jun 28, 2021 3:09 AM
Oct 2019
Anyone else loved the way Haruhi quietly drinks Kyon's tea
Jul 27, 2021 2:02 AM

Aug 2020
[chronological order]

Talking cat? Lol, it reminds me of the infamous Ghost Stories. Also, the ost playing during Kyon and Nagato's conversation in the club room reminds me of Minecraft ost.

Anyways, I'm so surprised about the ending and how out of the blue it is. Finally we are getting somewhere.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 30, 2021 12:24 PM

Jan 2020
That's it for the 2009 content for chronological ordering people then. This final episode was super good and seeing haruhi not believe anything kyon says was funny lol

great season

Dec 27, 2021 8:41 PM

May 2020
[CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER]

So a new arc now and that too the one having Cultural festival in it. Haruhi wants to make a movie huh... but hey i wonder how she convinced those shopkeepers that they lent her those things for free lol.
Feb 1, 2022 3:00 PM

Dec 2007
seems so strange to see harui with personality again, she was robot-ish in the endless eight lol.

and kyon's sentences are funnier than ever.

and i have theory about mikuru is waitress in her class because she was in OSS club till now, and since harui wanted it, it happened lol.
May 10, 2022 7:13 PM
Mar 2022
You can tell some of the voters were absolutely seething about endless eight. Hilarious.

This is what the show excelled at, comfy low stakes character stuff. A bit slow but the pacing makes sense if you think of it as a mini-movie dressed up as a 5 episode arc.
Nov 9, 2022 10:24 AM
May 2019
finaly a new episode but NOT A NEW ENGLESS -F*CKİNG- EİGHT EPISODE
Jan 14, 2023 1:02 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya: Part V

Those motherfuckers. Not letting us see the movie, the final product of all their long, hard, and arduous labour over the past 5 episodes. Sure, it's not important for us as the audience to see it narratively-speaking, but it's still a massive L. I wanted to see more than just a five second clip. Instead we get a lot of talk about Haruhi being some sort of god that I couldn't care less about. Bored me to death. Perhaps I'm being short-sighted, that I'm failing to grasp the bigger picture here, being blind to the profound subtext coursing through every line of dialogue. And to that I say: yeah, it was certainly profound to watch the same episode over and over again eight times with not so much as a wardrobe change. Pardon my french, but fuck off. 

The last episode for those who watched it while it was airing, and for those who choose to still watch it in the broadcast order for some reason. I guess it does feel like a final episode of the season, but imagining myself as a fan back then, I think I'd still be disappointed that we get whatever this is to end off the season as a whole. 

But I'm watching in the chronological order, so fortunately/unfortunately I have 4 episodes left, 4 episodes that aired with the "first" season in the broadcast order. Maybe watching it this way makes for a more satisfactory end to the season- or maybe it makes it feel even more awkwardly paced. Guess I'll find out. Man I can't wait to be finish them and be done with this shit. Hopefully these "last" episodes will help bring some of my sanity back. Honestly just give us some plain old simple fun like from that baseball episode back then. It's not asking for much, is it?
BetaMaleUltraJan 14, 2023 1:10 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 31, 2023 5:05 PM

Dec 2007
rewatch- chronological- ep24

and that's the end of the sigh arc.

the story kinda glitched through to philosophy of how to observes haruhi between kazumi and mikuru. from some reason i would prefer seeing more on haruhi making movie thingy lol. specially with those bizzare waters bombs xD

the "finished" movie is actually part of how haruhi saw the movie all along. it doesn't matter how much messy it looks, the important part is that what she willed, and that was what became. and kyon "end" is part of it as well.

well, now we got back to ep00 where we actually seeing the result production.
Jun 28, 2023 2:58 PM
Jun 2023
community tv series vibes haruhi is not for me
Feb 18, 10:09 PM
Feb 2021
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya V - Chronological Order
Oh god. This is the best episode. I love it so much.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.