Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Ranking For Jul 27 - Aug 2

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
Aug 5, 2009 4:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
Here is the weekly manga sales ranking top 30 for July 27th - August 2nd.

*1, 119,155 *,119,155 Pandora Hearts vol.9
*2, 107,679 *,301,825 Moyashimon vol.8
*3, *94,426 *,177,856 Saki vol.6
*4, *89,565 *,135,913 Saiyuki Gaiden vol.4
*5, *72,944 *,*72,944 Gunslinger Girl vol.11
*6, *69,086 *,132,125 Otomen vol.8
*7, *52,820 *,*98,811 Initial D vol.39
*8, *51,644 *,112,206 Keroro Gunsou vol.19
*9, *47,830 *,*87,223 Aozora Yell vol.3
10, *45,407 *,*90,254 Kiyoku Yawaku vol.10

11, *45,015 *,133,107 The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya vol.9
12, *42,917 *,119,711 Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuutsu vol.3
13, *40,217 *,*40,272 Spice and Wolf vol.3
14, *36,276 *,*36,276 Sekaiichi Hatsukoi vol.2
15, *35,188 *,109,899 Ah! My Goddess vol.39
16, *34,343 *,118,791 Giant Killing vol.11
17, *34,035 *,*34,035 Futari Ecchi vol.43
18, *33,572 *,*33,572 Moon vol.4
19, *33,232 *,305,533 Hayate The Combat Butler! vol.20
20, *32,704 *,241,153 Cross Game vol.15

21, *30,756 *,225,395 Fairy Tail vol.16
22, *29,233 *,*29,233 ZE vol.8
23, *25,707 *,131,394 Pride vol.11
24, *23,171 *,*23,171 Cuticle Tantei Inaba vol.4
25, *23,086 *,*37,761 Kurokami vol.12
26, *23,002 *,*45,160 Sweet Mission vol.9
27, *22,948 *,*22,948 One Piece Recaps The 14th Log
28, *22,763 *,*22,763 Last Inning vol.22
29, *22,706 1,739,762 One Piece vol.54
30, *19,631 *,432,340 Gintama vol.29

The last week's ranking: Japan's Weekly Manga Ranking For Jul 20 - 26
Source: Oricon comic ranking

Additional news:
Twin Spica ended on August 5th in Comic Flapper magazine September issue. The final volume will be released on October 23rd.

Source: Natalie

Weekly Light Novel Ranking for Jul 27 - Aug 2
*1, 45,361 49,238 Kami no Moribito vol.1
*2, 43,900 47,626 Kami no Moribito vol.2
*3, 28,162 35,474 The Grimoire of Marisa
*4, 19,136 19,236 Hakushaku to Yousei vol.20
*5, 15,730 15,730 Hayou no Tsurugi Chapter 6 Part 4
*6, 13,009 13,009 Monster Hunter Shippuu no Tsubasa vol.5
*7, 12,972 17,784 Summer Wars
*8, *8,896 *8,896 Gakkou no Kaidan vol.10
*9, *8,680 *8,680 Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Extra vol.5
10, *8,476 64,215 Seitokai no Ichizon vol.6

Source: Oricon Novel Ranking
Modified by dtshyk, Aug 5, 2009 8:51 PM
 
#2
Aug 5, 2009 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 729
*1, 119,155 *,119,155 Pandora Hearts vol.9
♥♥♥

Weekly Light Novel Ranking for Jul 27 - Aug 2

*4, 19,136 19,236 Hakushaku to Yousei vol.20
vol. 20??? o__O

 
#3
Aug 5, 2009 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2801
Woah. Go Pandora Hearts! ♥

BEGINNER
 
#4
Aug 5, 2009 7:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4558
Weak sales. :(
 
 
#5
Aug 5, 2009 7:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 924
Moejong~
 
#6
Aug 5, 2009 8:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 273
Pandora Hearts...Is An Excellent Series
They're deserved It^^





 
#7
Aug 5, 2009 8:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1519
Yayy Pandora hearts. :)
 
 
#8
Aug 5, 2009 9:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 309
damn - one piece at 54 vols?!
 
#9
Aug 5, 2009 11:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 209
Saiyuki Gaiden looks like an interesting manga.
 
Aug 6, 2009 12:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
The top is filled with your-usual-shitty-quality-mainstream-manga(except Saiyuki Gaiden and Moyashimon - these two manga are awesome) again...

Seriously, Pandora Hearts as #1? WTF were the japanese smoking?...
 
Aug 6, 2009 1:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2603
where's tsubasa reservoir chronicle?
 
Aug 6, 2009 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 183
NERD4CT10N said:
Pandora Hearts...Is An Excellent Series
They're deserved It^^


Yes, yes they did :)
 
 
Aug 6, 2009 3:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
Duelistbluerose said:
damn - one piece at 54 vols?!

whats impressive is not the number of volumes but the total sales of 1.7-1.8 million copys for that volume, making it by far the best selling series of them all.
with NANA at second place with 1.35 million sales on the latest volume
and Naruto at third with about 950,000
 
Aug 6, 2009 5:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3010
Woo for otomen! Totally got my copy of it on monday 8D so excited to read it!!! <3
 
Aug 8, 2009 7:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2113
YAY Pandora is first~ I'm glad to see that ^^
 
 
Aug 8, 2009 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 783
ALRIGHT. Pandora Hearts was first! Japan knows where it's at.
 
Aug 8, 2009 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2335
Question-

Is Initial D sales going up from Week 1 to Week 2 of its release the first time this has ever happened in these rankings?
 
Aug 12, 2010 1:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 528
Fai said:
The top is filled with your-usual-shitty-quality-mainstream-manga(except Saiyuki Gaiden and Moyashimon - these two manga are awesome) again...

Seriously, Pandora Hearts as #1? WTF were the japanese smoking?...


have you ever read pandora hearts? its freakin' fantastic :D!
 
Sep 15, 2010 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 204
GennyMon said:
Fai said:
The top is filled with your-usual-shitty-quality-mainstream-manga(except Saiyuki Gaiden and Moyashimon - these two manga are awesome) again...

Seriously, Pandora Hearts as #1? WTF were the japanese smoking?...


have you ever read pandora hearts? its freakin' fantastic :D!
Seriously Gennymon what crack are you on? Pandora Hearts is really crap. This is coming from someone who has reread the manga 4 times..
 
Sep 15, 2010 4:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 528
NikeetaSama said:
GennyMon said:
Fai said:
The top is filled with your-usual-shitty-quality-mainstream-manga(except Saiyuki Gaiden and Moyashimon - these two manga are awesome) again...

Seriously, Pandora Hearts as #1? WTF were the japanese smoking?...


have you ever read pandora hearts? its freakin' fantastic :D!
Seriously Gennymon what crack are you on? Pandora Hearts is really crap. This is coming from someone who has reread the manga 4 times..


IF ITS SO FREAKING CRAP WHY HAVE YOU READ IT 4 TIMES? Baaaaka! what are you smoking?
 
Sep 15, 2010 4:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 204
GennyMon said:
NikeetaSama said:
GennyMon said:
Fai said:
The top is filled with your-usual-shitty-quality-mainstream-manga(except Saiyuki Gaiden and Moyashimon - these two manga are awesome) again...

Seriously, Pandora Hearts as #1? WTF were the japanese smoking?...


have you ever read pandora hearts? its freakin' fantastic :D!
Seriously Gennymon what crack are you on? Pandora Hearts is really crap. This is coming from someone who has reread the manga 4 times..

IF ITS SO FREAKING CRAP WHY HAVE YOU READ IT 4 TIMES? Baaaaka! what are you smoking?

The reason for reading it four times is so I could give it a chance, im actually really nice like that. I gave it FOUR chances to impress me and it simply didnt. That smoke must be coming from you pathetic one.

Modified by NikeetaSama, Sep 15, 2010 6:03 AM
 
 
Sep 16, 2010 3:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 22
This is a good news for me.
thanks.
 
Sep 17, 2010 2:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 528
NikeetaSama said:
GennyMon said:
NikeetaSama said:
GennyMon said:
Fai said:
The top is filled with your-usual-shitty-quality-mainstream-manga(except Saiyuki Gaiden and Moyashimon - these two manga are awesome) again...

Seriously, Pandora Hearts as #1? WTF were the japanese smoking?...


have you ever read pandora hearts? its freakin' fantastic :D!
Seriously Gennymon what crack are you on? Pandora Hearts is really crap. This is coming from someone who has reread the manga 4 times..


No niki, no. That might have worked if you said you had read it twice, but four times is to many for that logic to work.

Fail.
IF ITS SO FREAKING CRAP WHY HAVE YOU READ IT 4 TIMES? Baaaaka! what are you smoking?

The reason for reading it four times is so I could give it a chance, im actually really nice like that. I gave it FOUR chances to impress me and it simply didnt. That smoke must be coming from you pathetic one.

 
Dec 13, 2010 11:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 263
YESSSH!!! PANDORA HEARTS IS NUMBER 1!
They really deserve it! love PH very much especially these latest chapters! epic! XD
 
Dec 14, 2010 12:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1863
This is a tad old to be commenting on the manga sales :p
The comments made me laugh though: "Pandora hearts sucks so much I had to re-read it 4 times!11!!" I love the series and I've not even read it that much, I will re-read upon it finishing though.
 
Apr 21, 2011 1:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 50
Pandora Hearts #1

That's great! ^ ^
 
Aug 9, 2011 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
Fai said:
The top is filled with your-usual-shitty-quality-mainstream-manga(except Saiyuki Gaiden and Moyashimon - these two manga are awesome) again...

Seriously, Pandora Hearts as #1? WTF were the japanese smoking?...


Stop bashing this ignorant user and let him be...i think the ranking sales numbers are talking for themselves :)
~It must be convenient to have a selective memory~
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.