Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2009 1:40 PM

Jul 2008
Hooray :D
Aug 6, 2009 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
I'm so happy it ended.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 6, 2009 2:27 PM

Jul 2008
WHERE'S YOUR ENTHUSIASM PEOPLE? LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!

Aug 6, 2009 2:33 PM

Aug 2008
To the whiners of Endless Eight -- suck it. XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 6, 2009 3:00 PM

Apr 2008
I lauged, I cried, I screamed for joy. Epic. It's unfortunate that so many people pussied out and missed one of the great TV experiences of all time. I watched every episode start to finish, without knowing the end. When Kyon actually said something to Haruhi as she was walking out was magical. I love this arc.
Aug 6, 2009 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
WOOHOO the Endless Era is finally over. I have a feeling those who dropped the series will be back!!
Aug 6, 2009 3:34 PM
Nov 2007
It has ended! kyons scene in the cafe was most excellent, not quite worth watching the same thing 8 times though.
Disappearance here we come!
Aug 6, 2009 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
WOOHOO! BACK TO MY LIST! ITS ENDED!

Make me a Siggy?
Aug 6, 2009 3:44 PM

Jan 2009
Well it finnaly ended, now people can stop complaning now. Let's continue on to the next arc, which will provide us with more laughters and the same feel that Haruhi Season 1 did. So now this brings us a little closer to the disappearance of Haruhi.

Next up, SOS makes a movie! (according to the timeline)
Aug 6, 2009 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope they don't go with humanity worst catastrophe ever and the only Suzumiya Haruhi novel I haven't read DESPITE being translated, the horrible Sighs, it took me a lot just watch the movie episode, I'm not ready to watch the making-off
Aug 6, 2009 4:17 PM

Nov 2008
Finally it's over, and I liked the end of this arc. If this arc had just 2 episodes, it was great.
Aug 6, 2009 4:46 PM

Mar 2009
Next week, you'll' have a recap of the Endless Eight arc ;-)
Aug 6, 2009 4:48 PM

Mar 2008
:) The only thing I can say is: THANK GOD, It's OVER, no more mindless repeat!!! now we can hopefully go to some good episodes.
Aug 6, 2009 4:55 PM

Jan 2008
Aug 6, 2009 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
Maybe they're planning on going on hiatus for another 3 years...
Aug 6, 2009 5:09 PM

Oct 2008
IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I actually cried tears of joy when I saw that it was going to end and not repeat anymore.
Aug 6, 2009 5:23 PM

Oct 2008
neeTHREE said:
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised either way.
Aug 6, 2009 5:34 PM

Jan 2008
CinemaZebra said:
neeTHREE said:
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I sure hope it doesn't turn out this way... They've been trolling us for all those years about a second season, and in the end what do we get? 8 identical episodes, just great...
Aug 6, 2009 5:39 PM

Sep 2008
It's finally the last one, I just noticed I won't be able to post these anymore...

I'm almost disappointed by the last iteration's; yellow doesn't work with Asahina...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2009 5:44 PM

Aug 2007
Yay for endless eight ending.
Boo for no fucking disappearance.
Still gonna watch the rest of the season though :|.
Aug 6, 2009 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
Finally. That was way too long, and totally not worth watching the same episode 7 times in a row for. Whatever, I'll still finish the rest of the season.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Aug 6, 2009 6:06 PM

Jun 2007
So, why were the credits at the end rolling,
I think KyoAni must be trolling,
Watched this garbage called Endless 8,
Damn I fell for the bait

and...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Aug 6, 2009 6:12 PM

Jan 2009
Ok so now the sighs I suppose since there won't be any dissapearance. I will give this shit a 3 anyways, altough i'll watch it untill the end.

Fucking Kyo/Ani how dare they not to include one of the most epic chapters in this second season eh? Give me dissapearance before I commit seppuku please.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 6, 2009 6:13 PM
Nov 2007
Guys stop freaking out. The credits rolled because they didn't have time for the ED with the credits.
Aug 6, 2009 6:21 PM

Mar 2008
I almost can't believe it's over.
Aug 6, 2009 6:32 PM

Apr 2009
I really thinks I would have enjoyed this better if it ended a month ago. I think I will a vacation now. maybe I'll put that hauhi poster back up who knows.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Aug 6, 2009 6:36 PM

Apr 2009
neeTHREE said:

Technically this was never really "season 2" these episodes were dumped into place with the re-airing of the first season....

But I doubt anyone has actually realized this. I suspect that the last three episodes of the first season (Live Alive, The Day of Sagittarius and Someday in the Rain) will air possibly next and then maybe 3 new episodes afterwords, turning the re-air into a 26 episode run.

But maybe they can be good to us and give us a true season 2? I doubt it though after what they pulled with EE.... I shall wait till next week.
Aug 6, 2009 6:40 PM

Apr 2008
I still skipped to the last 5 minutes and it still sucks.
Aug 6, 2009 6:46 PM
Jun 2009
It was so terrible wasted time id say same shit over and over and even the ending was terrible(lets do homework) this show was great now its a major fail lets hope it can redeem itsself with some new episodes if not im dropping it.
Aug 6, 2009 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
Omegaoveride said:

But maybe they can be good to us and give us a true season 2? I doubt it though after what they pulled with EE.... I shall wait till next week.

Yeah, (K-On! spoilers)
, the "Blu Ray" releases and now Endless Eight, I severely doubt it too.

They're just trying to milk easy money off the fans.
Aug 6, 2009 7:00 PM
Jul 2008
twinkythebear said:
I lauged, I cried, I screamed for joy. Epic. It's unfortunate that so many people pussied out and missed one of the great TV experiences of all time. I watched every episode start to finish, without knowing the end. When Kyon actually said something to Haruhi as she was walking out was magical. I love this arc.

+1

I think this show is great. Animation is good, art is beautiful, nice soundtrack, a lot of symbols (much better than some lazy animes but many love it why? ==")
Aug 6, 2009 7:40 PM

Mar 2008
Haha, nonbelievers can suck it!
Aug 6, 2009 7:41 PM

May 2009
I can't believe it finished *_____* at last... let's just hope they give us some brand new episode before the season 1 episodes that they haven't shown yet -_-
Aug 6, 2009 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
I just loved how she yelled at Kyon at the end :P
So its finally over...It was a great arc at my point of view...it was never seen, crazy and probably the most disscused for the past 2 month!
I can't deny that I loved it.
Is there any other person who liked this arc ?
Good Job !
Aug 6, 2009 7:46 PM

Apr 2009
If this arc had been finished in 2 episodes, the second season would probably be ranked #1 right now. Instead, KyoAni/Kadokawa decided to add 6 perfectly identical episodes to screw it up.

But for this episode, 5/5.
Aug 6, 2009 7:47 PM

Nov 2007
HW!!! I knew it was HW!! The key to change the loop is HW!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 6, 2009 7:48 PM

Nov 2007
IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVER!

*glee*
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Aug 6, 2009 7:48 PM

Apr 2008
idiot fanboys overjoyed.
Aug 6, 2009 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
cowards
Aug 6, 2009 8:00 PM
Jul 2008
FaithoftheFallen said:
If this arc had been finished in 2 episodes, the second season would probably be ranked #1 right now. Instead, KyoAni/Kadokawa decided to add 6 perfectly identical episodes to screw it up.

But for this episode, 5/5.

no each episode is not identical. that's why it's enjoyable for me to watch ^^.
Aug 6, 2009 8:00 PM
Jul 2009
People actually are happy because the new eps are over /confused
Aug 6, 2009 8:05 PM

Oct 2008
What's with people posting on forums where there's supposed to be DISCUSSION ABOUT AN EPISODE THEY WATCHED when people didn't even see the episode? I just skipped the previous 4 pages because I assume nothing worthwhile was written. I don't want to read posts about people bitching about things they assume, making them look like asses.

Anyway, i knew something had to be up when the kimono shopping scene was cut because that's a lot of time saved that could be applied elsewhere. however i thought the break in the endless would be kyon doing the "I love you" bit but i guess the homework seemed more in character.

Nice arc with a nice payoff. i guess now fanboys can go back to sniffing KyoAni anus like come next brand new episode.
Aug 6, 2009 8:07 PM
Mar 2009
I'm going to post this, and only post it once, because there are so many whiners here that I'm friggin' sick of it. Let's put in point form shall we?

1. Despite what is being said, this arc WAS good. It did do overkill, I won't deny this, but the arc WAS good. The animation was new each time, the voices were only reused on a few of the episodes, as you can hear from the fact that lines have changed. And it has generated more renown for itself just by existing than any other anime I've heard of. So the arc WAS good.

2. What the hell is with everyone assuming that the second season is only 13 or 14 episodes? We haven't heard ANYTHING from KyoAni OR Kadokawa to say that it is. If I remember correctly, back in the Ep 7 thread there was apparently a rumour that series two, when combined with series one, would count to a little over 40 episodes. So stop your bitching until we find out. There may still be a Disappearance, there may not, but as of right now, we don't know, we have no information on it, we have no leaks, and we're not Japanese. So we get NO SAY WHATSOEVER on what happens and we have NO INFLUENCE over the animators, so shut up and wait.

3. As Omegaoveride stated on the last page, and I stated in a few of the first EE threads, there has also, so far, been nothing to suggest that this isn't, in fact, anything more than an extended airing of the first season. If that is true, then the DVD's will probably be released in Japan in such a way so that they can fit on shelves in between the original DVD's (there being 8 eps before this started and such). Westerners will be harder off, but the Japanese didn't make this for our enjoyment, so they don't care. But again I say that this may be nothing more than an extended airing of the original first season, as the title is still 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya', then it's highly possible that once this ends, it will be over and the second season, when it starts will have the name of it's longest arc, i.e. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

4. The credits rolled, as stated before, because they didn't have time for the usual ending credits if they wanted to finish this. It's probably also because it's the end of an arc, and in many anime, the ending of an arc has it's own credits, rather than just the actual end of the anime.

5. Yes, KyoAni and Kadokawa are trying to milk this franchise for money. But it's the middle of a Global Financial Crisis, and they need the money. What's more, this arc has generated mass amounts of publicity for them, and even though it's negative comments for the most part, the amount of press they get in the anime community and elsewhere is massive. It's a businesses job to get the most money out of their franchise as possible, so stop hating them for doing their jobs.

That is all, I'm done with my points for now, for those of you who actually read this, reply as you see fit, I'd like for your views on this.

Aug 6, 2009 8:09 PM
Mar 2009
For some odd reason I was proud after I finished watching this last Endless Eight episode.
Aug 6, 2009 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
ironchefflip said:
Nice arc with a nice payoff. i guess now fanboys can go back to sniffing KyoAni anus like come next brand new episode.

Just goes to show you how most of these losers are fickle idiots.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 6, 2009 8:23 PM

Feb 2008
chinlamp said:
I'm going to post this...

Yeah, what he said. (Thanks, chinlamp)

For me the only thing that got old was watching the three manipulate Kyon especially Mikuru's poor little time traveler schtick, I wish they would have changed that up a little more.

Also, the end once again proves that, even with her berating him, whenever Kyon doesn't just protest or say she "shouldn't" but tells Haruhi something must or must not be done she never ignores him.
Aug 6, 2009 8:27 PM

Jun 2008
And all it took was for Kyon to get off his lazy ass, and do his homework.
Aug 6, 2009 8:27 PM

Apr 2009
to bad is ended its should be more episodes for this great arc.
For peoples that don't want watch the same shit again just check only epsiode
2 and the last 5 min of episode 9.The other crap is worse then any other anime fillers/ recap
Aug 6, 2009 8:45 PM

Jul 2007
Great arc and awesome episode. Enjoyed all of them
Aug 6, 2009 8:46 PM

Mar 2008
HybridKira said:

Is there any other person who liked this arc ?

Hands up! \o/
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 16, 2009

470 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.