Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2022 6:17 AM
Aug 2020
It was like a jouney's over but something is there waiting for us to explore. Had chills at the last moments of the show and the music hits right at the spot. However some art at some scenes felt like it's kinda bland and drawn weirdly that i dont really know how to describe it. Nonetheless, it made me had a feeling that i have not had for an anime series in a long time. Overall solid episode.
Oct 9, 2022 7:15 AM
Aug 2018
What a fking sad end cry me like river holy shit
Oct 9, 2022 8:02 AM
Dec 2020
well it was a gud ep, hoped david would be with lucy but uk , u wont get the ending u want
Oct 9, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 2019
Mid overall, there was really no plotline to it other than David trying to get stronger and losing himself along the way while trying to save others. Sucks Rebecca died but she went out in a way fitting for her loud and eccentric personality.

Nothing really stuck though, if it had better writing, an actual plot, and more than 10ep it would be such a better anime but its not terrible for being based off a game.
Oct 9, 2022 10:37 AM
Jul 2020
I'm still crying.
Oct 9, 2022 12:09 PM
Sep 2021
Amazing, This is the greatest piece of media i have ever consumed, i love this show so much and the finale is just so perfect.
Oct 9, 2022 12:55 PM

Oct 2020
Totally unsatisfactory ending, It made me so excited, so thrilled it made me emotional and now how can this happen, how can it be so painful?? No way, this fu*king Masterpiece is just too much.

Solid 11/10.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Oct 9, 2022 3:19 PM
May 2020
animejas said:
Finished this show just now, and I'm glad it's over. I wasn't trying to keep my expectations high since Trigger's disappointed me for the past few years but knowing that Imaishi was directing this, I did have a hint of optimism. But overall, this show was too rushed, so chaotic and messy to the point of just being fully bored of it so quickly, and having that only get worse and worse till the final episode. This is one of the worst shows of the year for me, a show that oozed style early on but with how tired I was of the story, characters and pacing of this show, the less I could give a shit about the visuals side of things (and even that wasn't as great as I was hoping for). Even the music while having its good moments, were a mess in other moments and how it was used with scenes in an obnoxious fashion. Not a single character I found to be likable or interesting either, not like the pacing did justice to the characters unlike some other Trigger/Gainax series in the past like a Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, Gurren Lagann, etc. Best things about the show was the ending song/visuals and the opening being done by Franz Ferdinand. That was nice. The rest of this show I would probably forget about in a day or two and move on. The show might look good but the action scenes didn't really capture my interest either, was expecting way more on that front but left underwhelmed in the end.

This show and Darling in the FranXX are probably my lowest rated Trigger works together. Such a shame but there weren't many moments where I felt optimistic or positive about the show while watching it, and the final few episodes and the ending did nothing to change my opinion there. Haven't played the game myself by the way so I don't know if that would play some kind of part in this, but this was just a lame show overall. Kind of a depressing day watching this show, right after the Spurs loss to Sporting and a hectic day of uni lol. Would even say this show is one of the weakest shows of the year given how there isn't many redeemable elements to it considering some level of expectations there, even if I was trying to not go too high with it.

I kind of agree with you on some of those points, I was definitely disappointed.

In episode 2 when Lucy was introduced I started to worry that there'd be a manic-pixie-dream-girl that drove part of the plot, then at the end of the episode I found it a nice twist that she sold David out - then the next day when I watched episode 3 I was gravely disappointed that it just went back to normal.

David's voice acting wasn't bad, but I found his dialogue a bit awkward. I get that they tried to write his lines as sorta more ghetto, e.g. omitting pronouns at the start of his sentences, but I don't think he performs the ghetto-esque speech very naturally and sounds more like he's reading off a script at times.

Also this is probably a hot take but I didn't think the animation was all that good? I mean it wasn't bad, but it was definitely lacking for a Trigger production. Defo some weird looking parts, and moments that hang on mostly still images for too long, sometimes using the same still image more than once.
This is the scene where the animation stood out the most to me:

https://imgur.com/a/JR9TTRf
Oct 9, 2022 4:51 PM

Feb 2015
High-octane, no-holds-barred action. Every single frame was worth it. Reminded me of 90s gritty action OVAs with all the nudity and gore.

The show was an effective marketing strategy for people to buy the game and kill adam smasher to avenge the cast. Good job, CD Projekt Red
Oct 9, 2022 8:56 PM

Jun 2017
Damn it, I was hoping Rebecca would live.
I knew David would die, but it still hurt. I hoped at least the last four would be able to live after everything.
Oct 9, 2022 10:15 PM
Nov 2019
Felt obvious David was gonna sacrifice himself in the end, but man they really couldn't have let Rebecca live? Kiwi's death felt sad too despite what she did, though I'm really surprised Falco made through alive. This show was fantastic all around.
Oct 10, 2022 2:26 AM
Apr 2021
cool ya awesome very wholesome and family friendly
Oct 10, 2022 3:38 AM
Aug 2021
It's a masterpiece
Oct 10, 2022 12:05 PM
Apr 2021
Again, trigger makes another masterpiece. this may be my top 1 anime.
Oct 10, 2022 12:34 PM
Aug 2020
I cried. One of the best animes I've watched.
Oct 10, 2022 1:57 PM
Aug 2021
Having not played Cyberpunk 2077 and knowing next to nothing about what Cyberpunk media is about, I went in blind.

From very early on, it felt clear that David would not make it, but it was still incredibly sad seeing that scenario actually unfold. Then there's the rest of the crew, almost all met their demise as well.

I had hoped for a miracle ending that so many anime provide, but it was not meant to be. That's the mark of a great story and them following through with the themes in this serie though. Night City looks like a prison, Lucy said from outside of the city. She was right.

I'm still sorting out my thoughts as this one really hit me. It's going to be hard to give this one a score.
YoungStarDCOct 10, 2022 3:17 PM
Oct 10, 2022 2:54 PM
Jan 2021
Amazing show 10/10 , anyone who hasn't seen it go watch it now.
Oct 10, 2022 7:22 PM
Feb 2018
Compared to the rest of the story, the ending was extremely generic and unimaginative.
Oct 11, 2022 12:19 AM

Jun 2009
Eh, it was alright. 7/10 I guess? Barely...

Considering the absurd amount of praise this got, it was a massive diappointment. People sure are impressed easily.

Character deaths felt like super cheap shock value and nothing else. Lucy was hot. She was also the only interesting character and unfortunately didn't get nearly enough screentime.

Oct 11, 2022 8:41 AM
Apr 2016
There is no good ending in night city
Oct 11, 2022 10:41 AM
Mar 2021
absolute masterpiece
Oct 11, 2022 10:56 AM
Jul 2017
Absolute masterpiece. So emotional
Oct 11, 2022 11:47 AM
May 2021
I like this anime but the ending was sad
Oct 11, 2022 4:06 PM
Nov 2019
Fucking perfection
Oct 11, 2022 6:38 PM
May 2022
It had the right mix of flashy+cool, but also weird, and even dark. It feels like nothing is off limits, and basically anything can happen, at any time
Oct 11, 2022 7:02 PM
Oct 2020
man i was not expecting it to end like that, like in most animes it would get a happy ending with David getting his sanity back because of Lucy, then beating the "bad guy" Adam Smasher and everyone lives happy! but nahhhh, the "bad guy" won, its over, just like that
Oct 11, 2022 8:29 PM
Oct 2022
Estan bueno y triste a la vez
Oct 11, 2022 10:13 PM
Oct 2016
Trigger never fails to make me miserable at the end of their anime
Oct 12, 2022 6:28 AM
Oct 2012
Good show.
Everyone annoyed or surprised at Becca dying -- pretty sure your reaction is exactly what Trigger planned. You didn't notice how Becca somehow in every situation is strutting around in the middle of danger, never in any actual danger? She is set up as this "I think I am invincible no matter the danger" character, and you the viewer begin to believe that too. Adam Smasher smashes our hopes for a fairy-tale ending -- that is his function. He returns all thing to their status quo, because the world of Night City is bigger than that, and its story is bigger than any individual characters -- there ARE no main characters.

Of course, you can just not like it, because Becca is a pretty cool character. But it definitely was intentional on Trigger's part to set it up like this.
Oct 12, 2022 6:55 AM
Jun 2022
the ending was sad as shit, great ending that makes sense for the story, but me being a pussy ass bitch wanted a good ending even tho "there are no good endings in night city" so its a me problem the anime itself could be anime of the year if not decade
Oct 12, 2022 11:02 AM
Aug 2020
Overall, it is phenomenally great as everyone says it to be.
Oct 12, 2022 2:00 PM
Oct 2022
I like very much easy easy much
Oct 12, 2022 11:50 PM
Jul 2019
Honestly this was a surprise for me. Went in with no expectations and I enjoyed it more than i expected. Was expecting it to be another flop seeing how the game went. 7.5/10
Oct 13, 2022 7:30 AM
Oct 2020
Great. Thought it was super sad :(
Oct 13, 2022 10:11 AM
Jan 2021
Big big sad. Depression
Oct 13, 2022 2:47 PM

Mar 2013
vampirenazuna said:
I knew it was coming man.... i KNEW it was coming and it didnt hurt any less.
I had at least hoped maybe rebecca would make it out alive, but only lucy lives on to tell the tale of david.

Same dude,FeelsBadMan.

@edit

I think more 2 episodes (pattern from an anime season) could have developed a better ending and a little more character development.
JusneOct 13, 2022 4:50 PM

Oct 13, 2022 2:51 PM
Jan 2021
.gxdfgdfgzdgdfg
Oct 13, 2022 10:57 PM
Dec 2016
The whole ending felt rushed pls no darling and the franx me gain that hard thx
Oct 14, 2022 1:31 AM
Mar 2010
Oh man trigger is at it again. Especially the beginning act had me nailed to the screen. Sadly the rest of the story was pretty rushed. While i think that it was in a way to show how fast moving the life of a NC edgerunner is it took a bit too much time away from character moments. For me this didn't detract much from the overall experience. While its sad that David went the way of the legend and we didn't get to see a happy end it is just the way stories go in NC.
Overall im very impressed and think this is one of the best trigger works. The style is impressive. I didn't skip op or ed at all and the fights were gory and impressive. It kind of makes me want to do another run of cyberpunk.

9/10 give us a nomad story next pls.
Oct 14, 2022 4:54 AM
Dec 2016
that mother fkcr repeated a behavior pattern from the death of his mother. Not understanding that his dream was not his again. That rebound give him death (or is what it seems).
Oct 14, 2022 12:51 PM
:3 enthusiast

Jun 2020
why must rebecca die :(

Oct 14, 2022 3:03 PM
Feb 2021
depression at its finest
Oct 14, 2022 6:59 PM
Apr 2021
fiquei trsite com o final
Oct 14, 2022 7:33 PM
May 2020
I am very happy that they maintained the "punk" aesthetic with a suitable ending.
Oct 14, 2022 10:50 PM
Jan 2021
Tough ending, in the end only 2 survived, a strong story about night city and how it breaks people apart
Oct 15, 2022 12:28 AM
Oct 2022
AshTheAver said:
Tough ending, in the end only 2 survived, a strong story about night city and how it breaks people apart

It's easy to blame everything to the city as an excuse to justify the poor decisions of the characters and their consequences.
Oct 15, 2022 1:19 AM
Oct 2022
did you think this anime is good? all death in vain. I thought it was like anime akudama drive and akame ga kill. I had guessed that would happen. Either Lucy or David will die at the end. actually i don't want to continue this anime and want to stop it in episode 3. but lucy is so cuteThe storyline of this anime is very bad. it's more like an animal in the jungle. What makes Lucy happy? only emptiness was felt by Lucy at the end. bad anime.
Oct 15, 2022 1:28 AM
Oct 2022
SUB012 said:
did you think this anime is good? all death in vain. I thought it was like anime akudama drive and akame ga kill. I had guessed that would happen. Either Lucy or David will die at the end. actually i don't want to continue this anime and want to stop it in episode 3. but lucy is so cuteThe storyline of this anime is very bad. it's more like an animal in the jungle. What makes Lucy happy? only emptiness was felt by Lucy at the end. bad anime.

Did you really create an account just to post this nonsense?
Oct 15, 2022 11:17 AM
Aug 2020
An ending I think many of us all expected but still hits hard, Love the series
Oct 15, 2022 1:38 PM
Oct 2021
Man I've been refreshed...
I'm typing this listening to 'i really want to stay at your house'..😇😇😇🧡❤️♥️
Pages (21) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» "Cyberpunk 2077" creator CDPR revealed that they are planning more Animation Projects set in the Cyberpunk universe!

deg - Aug 29

34 by NiQue_ »»
5 hours ago

» Why is this allowed on MAL while Studio Deen's Rick and Morty anime is not? ( 1 2 )

EndlessMaria - Sep 14, 2022

95 by HaipaRemon »»
Sep 18, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

erniii - Sep 12, 2022

227 by theweeb78 »»
Sep 5, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by NillyPC »»
Aug 19, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

96 by NillyPC »»
Aug 19, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.