Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 6, 2020 4:13 PM

Dec 2010
Definitely the best arc yet, the author really managed to capitalise on the nature of crime in Japan. I definitely hope that the Washimine guys will survive, having a speck of honor is a rare thing in the underworld.

Yukio's inner turmoil was the best part about this episode though. Indeed for a person coming from a world where scary is the norm, they would hate the darkness and what it entails. Most of the people romanticising about it probably do it from the safety of a good life or are actually already monsters themselves.
Jan 1, 2021 11:54 AM

Jul 2017
Good buildup episode again, not quite filled with massive events or action other than just understanding Yukio's turmoil and character position a lot more as she decides whether or not to dive into the crazy underworld life head-first as the real leader of the Washimine group. This show presents how easily people can fall to this side of the spectrum based on the situations surrounding their lives, from the twins in the first arc essentially being abused all the time to this, where a high school girl has to essentially take over as the leader of a yakuza group given her status, to help the clan survive and not have it crumble into dust because of her ignorance, despite how initially she tries to escape reality with her love for literature.

Plus, Balalaika continues to be so awesome and ruthless at the same time. Never fuck with her, ever.
Jan 6, 2021 9:50 PM
Apr 2020
I have no idea what people are complaining about, this was a fantastic episode. It shows the absolute darkness of the underworld. The next episodes will be good
Jan 28, 2023 9:49 PM
Jul 2021
Ginji kinda down bad
Sep 6, 2023 2:57 AM

May 2015
Yukio is cute and looks interesting.
Jan 2, 2:23 AM

Oct 2020
Dang, Balalaika's really out here causing chaos and destruction everywhere she goes
Jan 21, 2:37 PM

Jan 2024
Things continue to get out of hand for the Yakuza that contacted Hotel Moscow initially. They definitely were not prepared for this level of warfare. The one Yakuza guy who hit on Revy and beat up Rock is probably going to get a rough death. He's too cocky and too far out of his league. I do feel a bit confused as to what Balalaika's plan is, unless it is just to use overwhelming force to push into the Japanese underground.
Feb 29, 3:38 PM

Jul 2021
Another nice episode. I really like Balalaika though i am missing Sawyer.

Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

192 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

figure8life - Apr 23, 2009

60 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

95 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 21, 2008

62 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Apr 24, 2009

107 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.