Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v6)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « First ... « 117 118 [119] 120 121 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2016 7:23 PM

Nov 2014
Paul said:
ExTamplier said:
He did not do anything wrong..
You were actually the first person to reply to the person back on page 2 then they responded that they figured it out themselves.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1404673&show=50#msg40826856
Lol shit, I did.

Feb 19, 2016 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
FrozenJemima said:
So theres this newish anime I watched a few months ago and I can't remember what it is.
These people with previous lives go to a special school where they battle and stuff.
They can make this Aura kinda thing and make weapons from their dog tags.
The MC Is both dark and light user and at the end kills this huge dragon which once killed his wife and sister.
Please help me with this.
Maybe it's Seiken Tsukai no World Break. There is a dragon that kills the MC's wife and sister in the anime. Plus there is a special school for people with previous lives as well.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Feb 19, 2016 8:03 PM

Jan 2015
Im tryna find an anime about a haunted school where half of the school is deserted and they have a ghot investigators club ehre the leader is a ghost who is never in and I remember amnesia somewhere in the title
Feb 19, 2016 8:05 PM

Aug 2014
toxicbullets100 said:
Im tryna find an anime about a haunted school where half of the school is deserted and they have a ghot investigators club ehre the leader is a ghost who is never in and I remember amnesia somewhere in the title
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Moon           Lovers
                  

Feb 19, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2015
DaylightDream said:
toxicbullets100 said:
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

my friend said thanks!
Feb 19, 2016 10:42 PM
Feb 2016
Can anyone help me, I am looking for an old anime that i watched back at childhood (decades ago). bits that's I remembered :
- about battle between magic sword wielders
- there are 8 or 10 different swords, the one i remembered are wood sword, gold sword, lightning sword, crystal sword... probably .....forgot about the others... p

mmmmm... I think that's all I can remember...

Thanks for the helps....

PS : Sorry, my english isn't good
Feb 19, 2016 10:47 PM

Nov 2014

Feb 19, 2016 10:51 PM
Jan 2013
Kate from Sketchbook

.^.
gone bai bai
Feb 19, 2016 10:54 PM

Nov 2014
Thank you. w/e that emoji is.

Feb 19, 2016 10:55 PM
Jan 2013
ExTamplier said:
Thank you. w/e that emoji is.
It's probably a smile
I dunno, I'm sleepy high
gone bai bai
Feb 19, 2016 11:03 PM

Aug 2014
adp-n said:
Can anyone help me, I am looking for an old anime that i watched back at childhood (decades ago). bits that's I remembered :
- there are 8 or 10 different swords, the one i remembered are wood sword, gold sword, lightning sword, crystal sword... probably .....forgot about the others.
Katanagatari comes to mind, but that isn't decades old as you state.

Moon           Lovers
                  

Feb 19, 2016 11:39 PM
Feb 2016
DaylightDream said:
adp-n said:
- there are 8 or 10 different swords, the one i remembered are wood sword, gold sword, lightning sword, crystal sword... probably .....forgot about the others.
Katanagatari comes to mind, but that isn't decades old as you state.

Nope.. Not "Katagatari".. And I am sure it's decades old since it's anime from my childhood...
Feb 20, 2016 1:00 AM
Jan 2014
A flying-mechs in the sky anime that aired back sometime in between 2003-2007 on G4TV. I think it was a group of (mercenary-like? Or maybe refugees) folks who were defending this flying fortress thing in one episode. Another random episode for some reason I have this memory of a race of mechs or something like that (maybe not race, might have been just in a tunnel running away from another group). Had people controlling the flying-mechs through body movement (no controls). Mech style wasn't exactly Gundum like, much more like a exo-suit-mecha hybrid.

Sorry that's the best I remember, I only briefly glimpsed the show while channel surfing. Mostly curious if anyone can identify this. I couldn't find it again on TV (might have been a one-off marathon on G4) when I saw it sometime while in Middle School.

Thanks!
limithFeb 20, 2016 1:04 AM
Feb 20, 2016 1:03 AM
Feb 2016
FrozenJemima said:
So theres this newish anime I watched a few months ago and I can't remember what it is.
These people with previous lives go to a special school where they battle and stuff.
They can make this Aura kinda thing and make weapons from their dog tags.
The MC Is both dark and light user and at the end kills this huge dragon which once killed his wife and sister.
Please help me with this.

ITS:
World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
Feb 20, 2016 2:30 AM

Jul 2009
limith said:
A flying-mechs in the sky anime that aired back sometime in between 2003-2007 on G4TV. I think it was a group of (mercenary-like? Or maybe refugees) folks who were defending this flying fortress thing in one episode. Another random episode for some reason I have this memory of a race of mechs or something like that (maybe not race, might have been just in a tunnel running away from another group). Had people controlling the flying-mechs through body movement (no controls). Mech style wasn't exactly Gundum like, much more like a exo-suit-mecha hybrid.

Sorry that's the best I remember, I only briefly glimpsed the show while channel surfing. Mostly curious if anyone can identify this. I couldn't find it again on TV (might have been a one-off marathon on G4) when I saw it sometime while in Middle School.

Thanks!
Eureka Seven, possibly?
Feb 20, 2016 3:56 AM

Mar 2014
Talim said:
limith said:

Thanks!
Eureka Seven, possibly?
He said they did not have controls in the mch but Eurka 7 mechs did have controls and did not rely on body movemnt, except for the vry last episode. Good try thouggh.

I'm not sure myself lol maybe G-Gundam but I'm pretty surethat's wrong.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Feb 20, 2016 4:29 AM

Apr 2009
limith said:

Thanks!

I think I know what are you talking about. It's not an anime, it's a cartoon, it aired also on Jetix or something like that. I don't remember the name though... It was more 3D animation than normal cartoon, right? Adn their feed were bird-like?

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ sᴋʏ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴊᴀʀ
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀʟᴀxʏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ
sᴛᴀʀ.
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴏᴏɴ ᴘᴇʀɪsʜ,
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs, sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴀʟʟ
ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀɪsʜ.

Feb 20, 2016 7:53 AM
Feb 2016
http://i.imgur.com/zlLLtYb.gif

so i was wondering what anime this is from? :)
Feb 20, 2016 7:57 AM

Mar 2012
stattix_eu said:
http://i.imgur.com/zlLLtYb.gif

so i was wondering what anime this is from? :)
Vividred Operation
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 20, 2016 8:00 AM
Feb 2016
tysm
Feb 20, 2016 8:19 AM

Apr 2014
Masterkendo18 said:
Exhibitionism hentai manga where a girl strips infront of her class because she likes ans they do outdoor activities. In a certain part they played a game where she had to find her panties when the time limit. Also they did something like a bet and they guy who won had sex with her.
Try posting it here since this is the anime forum and you're asking for manga:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1482816
Feb 20, 2016 10:28 AM
Feb 20, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2011
I remember this one particular scene that takes place on the staircase to the shrine.

A boy was holding hands with two girls on his right and left hands when suddenly one of the girls asked him to choose one of them by keep holding the hand of the girl that he choose by the time they arrive at the top of stairs. When they arrive the the top of the stairs, the boy keep holding both of the girls' hands and said that he cannot choose either of them.

Please help?
Feb 20, 2016 11:10 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Feb 20, 2016 11:42 AM

Mar 2014
why did i click the link :'( ^^^

anyone know what this gif is from I know its tokyo ghoul but is this some special or ova? It was in a gifset, looks like juuzo pickpocketed kaneki or something.
Feb 20, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2014
Ruri-san said:
I remember this one particular scene that takes place on the staircase to the shrine.

A boy was holding hands with two girls on his right and left hands when suddenly one of the girls asked him to choose one of them by keep holding the hand of the girl that he choose by the time they arrive at the top of stairs. When they arrive the the top of the stairs, the boy keep holding both of the girls' hands and said that he cannot choose either of them.

Please help?
Kiss x Sis maybe?
Feb 20, 2016 12:30 PM

Jul 2009
hanakumu said:
limith said:

Thanks!

I think I know what are you talking about. It's not an anime, it's a cartoon, it aired also on Jetix or something like that. I don't remember the name though... It was more 3D animation than normal cartoon, right? Adn their feed were bird-like?
Oh...it wasn't Megas XLR was it? That's the only mecha type cartoon I can think of that wasn't anime...
Feb 20, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
Talim said:
hanakumu said:

Oh...it wasn't Megas XLR was it? That's the only mecha type cartoon I can think of that wasn't anime...

This is not what I meant. Let's wait for @limith to answer questions
GalatheaFeb 20, 2016 12:59 PM

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ sᴋʏ ʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴊᴀʀ
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ɢᴀʟᴀxʏ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ I'ᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ
sᴛᴀʀ.
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʟᴏᴡᴇʀs ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴏᴏɴ ᴘᴇʀɪsʜ,
ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴜᴛᴜᴍɴ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇs, sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴀʟʟ
ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴇʀɪsʜ.

Feb 20, 2016 12:49 PM

Oct 2014
_Lain said:

anyone know what this gif is from I know its tokyo ghoul but is this some special or ova? It was in a gifset, looks like juuzo pickpocketed kaneki or something.

It's from the first season, where Kaneki and Juuzo first met, so youre right. xd
Feb 20, 2016 1:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Feb 20, 2016 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
shiz4ya said:
_Lain said:

It's from the first season, where Kaneki and Juuzo first met, so youre right. xd

oh, thankyou, i guess id just forgotten O_o
Feb 20, 2016 2:48 PM

May 2015
limith said:

Thanks!

Skyland probably, got nostalgic because of bubuki buranki.

Hanaukyo maid-tai, when taro went with Konowe to the waterfall for "training"
Commercial success ≠ Critical acclaim -A. K. Hitler
"I'm not here for the crappy story, I am here for the top quality
chinese/vietnamese/korean outsourced Nippon animation"
-J. F. Cena

"My shitpost is better than your shitpost." Me
Feb 20, 2016 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Feb 20, 2016 3:52 PM
Jan 2013
Feb 20, 2016 6:01 PM

Mar 2014

Google- kun says that epicness is Sword of the Stranger
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Feb 20, 2016 7:24 PM

Feb 2016
years back i watched one episode of this one show but i cant remember the show

now before you ask for more details, remember that this was YEARS ago as in > a decade so my memory being hazy is an understatement

no i am not misremembering i really did watch it

ok

ok here we go

there's this scene with a guy and a girl

ok are you with me

she is like "ill give you three chances to hit me with a tennis ball"

ok

he says "ok" and he throws one tennis ball into the air like FWOOOSH

it disappears behind the clouds and shit because that's how these japanese cartoons work

meanwhile the characters start talking about inane stuff for the rest of the episode, nothing much happens

then

the ball descends from its orbital path and LANDS on the girl's back

dramatic piano music starts playing as he has outplayed her big time

and... that's all i remember.

I'm hoping that a friendly member of the MyAnimeList community would help jog my memory and point out what show this happened in

thank you for your time and consideration, and i hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Insentience
Feb 20, 2016 7:34 PM

Feb 2013
insentience said:
years back i watched one episode of this one show but i cant remember the show

now before you ask for more details, remember that this was YEARS ago as in > a decade so my memory being hazy is an understatement

no i am not misremembering i really did watch it

ok

ok here we go

there's this scene with a guy and a girl

ok are you with me

she is like "ill give you three chances to hit me with a tennis ball"

ok

he says "ok" and he throws one tennis ball into the air like FWOOOSH

it disappears behind the clouds and shit because that's how these japanese cartoons work

meanwhile the characters start talking about inane stuff for the rest of the episode, nothing much happens

then

the ball descends from its orbital path and LANDS on the girl's back

dramatic piano music starts playing as he has outplayed her big time

and... that's all i remember.

I'm hoping that a friendly member of the MyAnimeList community would help jog my memory and point out what show this happened in

thank you for your time and consideration, and i hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Insentience
reminds me of a certain episode in Spiral..

this one -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_G1iNf5eWc particularly around 16:40
Feb 20, 2016 7:37 PM

Feb 2016
romagia said:
reminds me of a certain episode in Spiral..

this one -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_G1iNf5eWc particularly around 16:40
wow you actually found it

GOOD GRIEF its horrible

well time to quit anime again

sincerely,

insentience
Feb 20, 2016 7:46 PM

May 2015
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 20, 2016 7:47 PM

Nov 2014
Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?

Feb 20, 2016 7:51 PM

May 2015
@ExTamplier
okie, sankyuu!
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Feb 20, 2016 8:06 PM
Jan 2014
Talim said:

No, no, it was definitely not Megas XLR, that came after. And Megas XLR doesn't fit the exo-suit like controls I remember from the show.

hanakumu said:

Are you talking about the Cartoon Network Storm Hawks? No it wasn't that. The art style was definitely anime like.

Talim said:
Eureka Seven, possibly?

That's what I thought a while back when looking through the anime history. I watched a few episodes of it, didn't exactly match what I remembered, although the episodes I watched on G4 were like random ones so maybe I need to actually finish that anime to know. It might not have been a regular show on G4, never remember seeing it again on the TV Guide after that.
limithFeb 20, 2016 8:17 PM
Feb 20, 2016 8:12 PM

Mar 2012
StardustNyako said:
Talim said:
Eureka Seven, possibly?
He said they did not have controls in the mch but Eurka 7 mechs did have controls and did not rely on body movemnt, except for the vry last episode. Good try thouggh.

Could it be Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure? I think that was on G4. In fact, it's the only mecha anime I remember seeing on G4.

*edit* Upon re-reading, I'm probably wrong because I don't recall the mechs in that series being able to fly. I think it was more like NGE in that they could only do ground combat.

If nothing else, you might be able to do a process of elimination...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime_Unleashed
ToucanbirdFeb 20, 2016 8:20 PM
Feb 20, 2016 8:26 PM
Jan 2014
Toucanbird said:
StardustNyako said:

Could it be Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure? I think that was on G4. In fact, it's the only mecha anime I remember seeing on G4.

*edit* Upon re-reading, I'm probably wrong because I don't recall the mechs in that series being able to fly. I think it was more like NGE in that they could only do ground combat.

Found it, thanks!
Feb 20, 2016 8:27 PM

Mar 2012
limith said:
Toucanbird said:

Found it, thanks!

My next guess was RahXephon. Was that it?
Feb 20, 2016 8:57 PM
Jan 2014
Toucanbird said:
limith said:

Found it, thanks!

My next guess was RahXephon. Was that it?

Correct! Also turns out the memory I have of a race like scene is actually from a separate anime The Last Exile.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (197) « First ... « 117 118 [119] 120 121 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How accurate is your country and countrymen portrayed in Anime?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
1 minute ago

» Which anime character do you think would make the best therapist, and why? Would you want to be their patient?

Wendoka - 9 hours ago

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
2 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 3 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

130 by juanlqr »»
20 minutes ago

» Which anime character would you most like to have a philosophical debate with?

Wendoka - Yesterday

18 by MeguSae38 »»
3 hours ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - Yesterday

52 by MeguSae38 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.