Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 22, 2022 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
Did I miss an episode? Why there was absolutely nothing relating to the fact Utena saw Anthy and Akio fucking? Why has Utena still not remembered everything? Hell, why even show us that before Utena herself actually remembers it? It's just confusing for the sake of being confusing. And what was with Anthy trying to commit suicide, only to appear normally back at the school moments later anyway?

Just when I thought everything was finally making sense after all this time, this episode happens.
Jul 9, 2023 6:41 PM
Feb 2021
Idk what's happening with this show anymore. Like, I feel bad for Anthy, but I feel worse for Utena. She's just getting dragged around by whoever for whatever purpose.

Hope the show can pull of a decent ending because this episode does have me somewhat worried. It still feels like Anthy is hiding things from Utena.
Jul 24, 2023 2:17 PM
Feb 2023
loved seeing nanami, jury and miki<3]
Nov 27, 2023 2:56 AM

Apr 2017
Utena didn't really confront Akio. Though it seems like the last date was a closure thing. She didn't wear her ring to meet with Akio. Though she wore it again for Anthy.

Touga on the bike trying his hardest to take Saionji for a ride. Saionji isn't much help, and he can't help even if he wanted to. Saionji is the bottom, but Touga ain't experienced enough to be a proper top. Juxtaposed with Akio effortlessly giving Utena a ride in his car. Separating the grown men (Akio) from the boys (Touga). That's why I don't feel bad for Touga, or really Miki. They both want the same thing as Akio, but they're not able to get it.

"Can I say the awful truth? The stars don't interest me at all." Basically, that room wasn't for his research with stars. That room was a way for him to have sex with the women he seduced.

The poison bit was weird, but it was more so to say they both hurt each other, but no hard feelings from there.

The student council bit teases a reverse harem, but it's more so a joke. Lamp-shading the girls who have reverse harems in Shoujo. Plus, Utena is still denying her feelings for Anthy. Saying that they're just friends, but she ultimately chose Anthy over every other guy.
May 21, 6:05 PM
Jan 2018
More setup and Utena officially choosing to go back to her old self. Nothing like a suicide attempt to shake up the status quo.

I also loved the poison conversation over tea. That was pretty wild.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

95 by MonkeyShines »»
Sep 2, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

68 by Allmibar »»
Aug 23, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Aug 23, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 23, 2008

102 by DarkSunGuenievre »»
Aug 23, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

95 by Phobossus »»
Aug 23, 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.