Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2012 2:20 AM

Aug 2009
Exbo said:
Exbo is stuck in SAO. Level: 32. Dies 2 months in due to PK.

Well darn.

Anyway, it's not listed here, but I would be an Information Broker. I mean why not?

I died 5 months after the game started at lvl 95.....SAO hax.
Sep 17, 2012 3:43 AM
Sep 2012
I would be a solo player on the front lines and sometimes group with others.
Sep 18, 2012 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
Being a solo player on the front lines would definitely be fun. My life is so boring.
Sep 18, 2012 9:40 AM
Sep 2012
I guess I'd just pick up some kind of tube or microphone, or something that lets me speak loudly and tell jokes in the middle of cities.

If I succeed in being funny, it'll raise people's spirits.

If I fail hard, free tomatoes, I don't even need col to buy food.

Either way I win.

huehuehuehuehuehue uguu
Sep 18, 2012 10:53 AM

Sep 2012
It's a beta-tester! It's a cheater! NO, IT'S A BEATER!
Yeah, I want to be a beater.
With crafting skill maxed. (homemade weapons FTW)
And killing players.

A master smith beater PKer
Sep 18, 2012 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
I'd level up a bit and stay a merchant until there was a way out of there. I'd rather not take the chance of dying in both worlds.
Sep 18, 2012 5:24 PM

Sep 2012
All in all end up as a merchant, it safest.
I wouldn't have been a frontline leveler, but I would have been above the average leveling crowd, joining a party with some buddies or relax around leveling a lot at places I know is safe.

I'm not into dying because I wanted to explore a dangerous place, I've done that a few times to many on this game:
http://www.tibia.com
Back when a death was annoying as @%#&!.. (Basically a death was 5-10 hours of work) So I guess I would have done what I did at that game in SAO aswell.

Since what I usually died of was either disconnection (d/c). Or pks attacking in groups along with surprisingly strong monsters I didn't know existed at that location (because I forgot to check the games wikipedia)
RoariSep 18, 2012 5:31 PM
Sep 18, 2012 8:48 PM

May 2011
Progression raiding is my game, front line it is. If there was professions, gonna have to max out tailoring if there is, and cooking.
RockerXDSep 18, 2012 8:58 PM
Sep 20, 2012 10:12 AM
Sep 2009
I won't be able to keep up other at frontline, but I'll still continue leveling. I'm the type who hate to take risks, maybe I'll spend time leveling fighting safely against low level monsters then fight bosses when I'm more than guaranteed to survive. Join some nice guild or parties on the way to fight as a group.

Usually I wouldn't want to lose EXP, but in SAO I wouldn't want to lose my life.
Sep 20, 2012 11:57 AM

Aug 2010
I'd argue a world like Aincrad is closer to an alternate version of reality than a game in that:
1) You cannot stop playing the game, though you can choose to suck (ie. never level/never get a job)
2) For many, playing the game is the only way to make money (unless you have someone do it for you)
3) Tangible penalties for being bad at the game (no money to buy luxuries)
4) Death is a possibility

That said, I would probably do what I do IRL and try to find something I like to do and make money at it -- probably arena/organized PVP for the money. If I couldn't do that then I would follow the more conventional or secure routes of income like trading or grinding certain monsters.

EDIT: I remember in a certain episode they had a player-run newspaper of some sort, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at covering a unique niche of life in Aincrad. Perhaps a weekly column on the latest strategies in arena PVP or doing a "Guild of the Week" style section.
EMChampSep 20, 2012 12:02 PM
Sep 20, 2012 1:01 PM
Feb 2012
I would probably go for frontline leveler...and would also possibly be a solo player...that's how I roll in games usually.
Sep 20, 2012 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
I'd probably party 100% of the time since there is strength in numbers, if not that than I'll definitely be a merchant.
Sep 20, 2012 1:18 PM
Jul 2012
the people that are saying they want to be frontline solo players are dumb. How bad do you want to die?
Sep 20, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
a solo leveler oh and i'd kill p'kers
Sep 20, 2012 2:51 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
JavierR said:
the people that are saying they want to be frontline solo players are dumb. How bad do you want to die?

Most vote frontline because thats what they wish they could do. If the situation were real, however, much less than half of those would actually be a frontliner.
Sep 20, 2012 4:48 PM
Jul 2012
KingYoshi said:
JavierR said:

Most vote frontline because thats what they wish they could do. If the situation were real, however, much less than half of those would actually be a frontliner.

only people with a deathwish will do frontlines alone, theres a chance you can fuck up and you got nobody backing you up. Not everyone is the MC.
Sep 20, 2012 5:17 PM
Apr 2012
a frontline player since i want to help clear the game and get rare items tat other ppls cant buy and get loads of money since the stronger the monsters the more money it gives. and if i die than w.e. my life is so sad all i do is play games and watch anime lol
Sep 20, 2012 5:54 PM

May 2011
The game itself doesn't seem all to challenging in terms of boss mechanics compared to some MMOs, so guilds with phat loots can probably deal with the pumped up numbers the bosses here have like in alot of asian MMOs, then the front line isn't too scary
Sep 20, 2012 6:07 PM

Jun 2009
I would probably have the swordsman skills like Kirito but with the drive like Asuna. But I would not do anything stupid like that guy who almost killed Kirito. I probably would have gone out with Liz. I would have joined the knights like Asuna or made my own guild. So a Frontline player so we can get the hell out of the game and go home.
Setsuna200Sep 20, 2012 6:14 PM
Sep 20, 2012 10:44 PM

Jan 2012
KingYoshi said:
JavierR said:

Front line doesn't mean you have to be solo though. I voted for frontlines but I'd try to find a good guild that stays near the top, kind of like KoB?
Sep 20, 2012 10:48 PM

Aug 2009
To be honest I'm kind of an jerk >_> so I'd probably be a PK'er... yeah it would be considered killing real ppl but if its between me and someone else lol

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 21, 2012 11:20 AM
Jul 2012
jBui said:
KingYoshi said:
JavierR said:

Front line doesn't mean you have to be solo though. I voted for frontlines but I'd try to find a good guild that stays near the top, kind of like KoB?

It's okay if you want to do frontline, but the people who think they're badass and want to do frontlines solo are retarded.
Sep 21, 2012 12:46 PM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
jBui said:
KingYoshi said:
JavierR said:

It's okay if you want to do frontline, but the people who think they're badass and want to do frontlines solo are retarded.

Dude, it's obvious that they'd try to keep a solid safety margin and not just go berserker with a newbie equipment against a level 9999 boss. There's nothing wrong in soloing.
If I were a soloer, I'd try to fight bosses only when I'm sure the risk isn't too high. Otherwise I'll just let the top guilds do the dirty job
Sep 22, 2012 4:22 AM
Jul 2010
I'll be a personal chef. While I'm at it I'll also be a mercenary, cause you know everyone needs a bodyguard/cook. 1000 max cooking/fishing skill, I'll be on everyone's wish list ;)
Sep 24, 2012 5:47 AM

Jul 2009
You die when you are killed...
Yeah, this game sucks, it's much too unrealistic.. wait...

bottosai-01 said:
yeah it would be considered killing real ppl but if its between me and someone else lol
It's not between you and someone else, because nobody is after your life. Being PK means you actively go after innocent people so you can't try to justify it like that.

Well, I guess most people who voted PK just want to show off how badass they are.

I would level up safely at first. Should I get the impression I am doing well enough, I might go for frontline player but that depends on the flow of the game. Usually I am not too fast with MMO'S (though, up til now that was because of my spare time... Don't have to worry about that when you are stuck in the game, I guess...)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
3 hours ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

18 by Pyr4m1d »»
Yesterday, 7:11 AM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2012

544 by Kraum »»
May 26, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.