Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 23, 2010 2:15 AM
Dec 2007
Kantarou said:
I'm not watching the To Aru-verse specifially for the girls so I couldn't care less. This Sparky worship is getting absurd. Science side can sit back this season until Accelerator comes back in the fray imo. Then it'll be worth watching.
Well said, the science side have far more interesting people that Misaka Mikoto and her merry band of friends. Can't wait until we get more light on what Alistair (excuse me if I get the name wrong) really has planned for Academy City. And really can't wait for Accelerator and the rest of the ACTUALLY INTERESTING Level 5 Espers to make their appearance.

Just as a side-note, my "lesbians and BFF slice of life" remark is directly referencing Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu. No one can deny most of the Railgun anime was basically those three + Mikoto having fun or helping one another. It was just a different kind of anime altogether, regardless of the fact it's part of the same universe.

Which leads me to the main issue here. Someone asked why the hate between fellow fans. It lies in the fact the even though both Index and Railgun are part of the same universe the show just flows differently. Railgun went with the friends theme and reinforced it over and over like most shounen shows do which lead to a brighter kind of show. Index on the other hand gives you this somber and dark mood, which is meant to reflect the secret side of the world. In a way, Index is pretty similar to Fate Stay Night, right down to the self-righteous hero.

Oct 23, 2010 2:23 AM

Sep 2009
I liked this episode. I don't know why there's so much arguing going on...
Oct 23, 2010 2:30 AM

Jun 2009
^ For the purpose of explaining the story?

Well, this was ok. Fight with Saiji felt rushed, but fuck it, it's not like it was that important. Can't wait for final fight next episode, and Usula without her nun hat. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 23, 2010 2:56 AM

Jan 2009
Lol its all entertaining.

Less rage, enjoy more fanservice.

Besides I watch it for Kanazki but I'm not raging that all episodes should feature her.
Oct 23, 2010 3:00 AM

Jul 2009
Hoppy said:
it's annoying and that sister is batshit insane trying to kill Touma just because he touched her on the shoulder which isn't even suggestive.

Don't all religious people who seriously belie in their ignorant flawed view of reality, qualify as batshit insane? ;)

And just how many times did they mention "Liber Al vel Legis" =P
I lost the count at around 8 ^^
Oct 23, 2010 3:03 AM

Jan 2009
Also whats with all the trolling about religion?

I think the more importance concept was any idea regardless of its intentions can be corrupted

This happen in Railgun with the corruption of science, hence Misaka and all her clones.

But ofc since its all nuns are evil - groups of people controlling the masses, the entire concept is considered evil.

Its exactly the same as saying science is evil because the atom bomb was created.
Oct 23, 2010 3:28 AM
Nov 2008
EternalDreamer said:
Hoppy said:
it's annoying and that sister is batshit insane trying to kill Touma just because he touched her on the shoulder which isn't even suggestive.

Don't all religious people who seriously belie in their ignorant flawed view of reality, qualify as batshit insane? ;)

And just how many times did they mention "Liber Al vel Legis" =P
I lost the count at around 8 ^^

No, I believe that particular nun thinks those that are not within her particular branch of Christianity are impure and that being touched by one is a sin, as it corrupts her pure self.

More so, you're applying this reality to RailDex. RailDex is quite different.
Oct 23, 2010 3:29 AM

Feb 2010
great episode and ppl should come down to much nerd rage here.
Oct 23, 2010 3:41 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode, although it didn't feel like 20 mins to me.

So the Roman church is bad, nothing surprising. Just hope that Agnese/Anieze is not as I kind of liked her in the previous episode.
DestinyFateOct 23, 2010 10:53 PM

Oct 23, 2010 5:40 AM

Jan 2010
is it this show 20+ minutes?

why i feel like only ~5 minute?
Oct 23, 2010 6:38 AM

May 2010
Cool episode and awesome plot twist :D
Oct 23, 2010 7:34 AM

Feb 2009
Touma should join a football club with that killer tackle of his. Didn't quite get what's happening here but it's interesting. If preview is true, then we'll get to see Index's true power and that thing the nuns will do about it that my friend told me about. Should be fun.
Oct 23, 2010 8:15 AM
Jun 2008
One thing bother me....
What is the use of index in this particular episode?? .....
Oct 23, 2010 8:40 AM

Aug 2008
Fail that the reason some people don't want to see the Magic Side story just because they hate religion.

Oct 23, 2010 8:52 AM

Jul 2008

She has owned that shy loli nun.
Oct 23, 2010 9:12 AM

Sep 2008
I liked it, it was a nice episode. It did fill a little short and the fights were a bit anti-climatic though. Awesome none the less.
Oct 23, 2010 9:21 AM

Dec 2007
MorningGlory said:
One thing bother me....
If you actually paid attention she used "spell interceptor" to override the blond loli nun's magic.

Railgun was fucking boring. There was no blood so the fights never were all that exciting and the only strength it had was characters. Index s2 on the other hand is setting up to be quite awesome, and I'm sure we'll be seeing some of the Science side eventually.
Oct 23, 2010 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
Meddigo said:
Railgun was fucking boring. There was no blood so the fights never were all that exciting and the only strength it had was characters. Index s2 on the other hand is setting up to be quite awesome, and I'm sure we'll be seeing some of the Science side eventually.

Yes, It was so boring that people rated it HIGHER than Index I...

"no blood", Yes you're right, clearly for a fight to be exciting/good we need blood...

But OK, lets hope that this season will be better, and let's hope that unlike Index I, the only thing people are taking about is Mikoto and Accelerator.....

PS, you're attack on a "shitty adaptation anime" is an ironic statement seeing as Index I is a shitty adaptation anime of a Light Novel which is far superior.
Oct 23, 2010 10:04 AM

Sep 2009
Meddigo said:
MorningGlory said:
One thing bother me....
If you actually paid attention she used "spell interceptor" to override the blond loli nun's magic.
It has already been answered by Nayrael

The plot twist seemed unexpected making this episode amazing.
Evil Roman church! They even make the nuns wear shots :p
The blond nun is creepy.
Index ♥
Oct 23, 2010 10:07 AM

Feb 2010
Gneh, still can't compete with light novel version...
Anyways.
All people demanding Mikoto:
Stfu, she's not important right now, but will be later on.
Everyone else:
Prepare for some epic stuff in next episode.
Oct 23, 2010 10:16 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, big change in plot...

Cast the spell trough me!
Oct 23, 2010 10:28 AM

Dec 2007
Hey, at least Index actually did something this episode.

The only thing I recall Uiharu doing is run. If you hate Index because she's useless, then ya gotta hate Uiharu (as well as Saten) for the same. Unless all you care about is slice-of-life antics to which I'd say you're definitely watching the wrong show.
Oct 23, 2010 10:40 AM

Nov 2007
Stiyl action! I like.
All in all this episode really felt like 10 minutes instead of 20. It's getting srs now.

I loved the sudden yandere expression on that nun.
Oct 23, 2010 11:02 AM

Dec 2007
alexcampos said:
lets hope that this season will be better, and let's hope that unlike Index I, the only thing people are taking about is Mikoto and Accelerator......

If people weren't talking about this fight, then that's just pathetic. Most likely the ones who didn't were too frickin stupid to understand what was going on.

And don't get me started on R+V

I understand. You want rainbows and sunshine and lesbian jokes and all the cute slice-of-life crap that Railgun was filled with. That's fine. I'm sure there'll be a Railgun 2 eventually. Til then, us who want actually good fights (such as Touma vs Izzard shown above) are going to watch Index S2.
Oct 23, 2010 11:03 AM
Jun 2010
I have absolutely no idea what is going on but shit looks so awesome that I don't really care. The ecchi scenes weren't necessary, at least it's doesn't override the plot like in railgun x)

10/10 so far

arif85124 said:

A sign that you're enjoy it maybe ? :p

Oct 23, 2010 11:15 AM

May 2010
alexcampos said:

Damn, I thought the best arc in season one was Accelerator vs Touma Arc, wait is that the Imouto arc...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 23, 2010 11:37 AM

May 2010
supersayen said:
I have absolutely no idea what is going on but shit looks so awesome that I don't really care. The ecchi scenes weren't necessary, at least it's doesn't override the plot like in railgun x)

10/10 so far

arif85124 said:

A sign that you're enjoy it maybe ? :p

Kinda feels like watching Code Geass huh lol? No idea what's going on, but you just can't stop watching
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 23, 2010 12:30 PM
Dec 2007
Nayrael said:

Yes this. Also, all the information used to capture the Amakusa Church was provided by Index. Don't forget that Index has limitless information of spells and of all the churches due to her special ability. Also as far as we've seen, Touma's destruction of Index' seal during season 1 made Index capable of using all her magical knowledge (originally she was unable, or thought she was unable of using magic).

What does this mean? It means Index, if she sets her mind to it, can be very dangerous.

BTW, the rating argument is dumb, especially when the rating is so close anyway, but let's divide it by numbers shall we:

Railgun's Ratings (7.95):
10 12.5% (2019 votes)
9 22.0% (3559 votes)
8 30.4% (4929 votes)
7 22.0% (3561 votes)
6 7.8% (1265 votes)
5 3.4% (549 votes)
4 1.1% (184 votes)
3 0.4% (61 votes)
2 0.2% (34 votes)
1 0.2% (33 votes)

Index Ratings (7.87):
10 10.7% (2642 votes)
9 20.6% (5089 votes)
8 31.5% (7770 votes)
7 23.2% (5720 votes)
6 8.4% (2085 votes)
5 3.6% (886 votes)
4 1.2% (304 votes)
3 0.5% (126 votes)
2 0.1% (31 votes)
1 0.1% (36 votes)

Can we tell something by this numbers? Yes, mostly that more people saw and rated Index. The amount of 8's in relation to Railgun is particularly huge. But considering the big difference in numbers between Railgun and Index in terms of viewers, I dare say that a mere .08 is not nearly enough to prove your superiority.
Leon-GunOct 23, 2010 12:43 PM

Oct 23, 2010 2:23 PM

Feb 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Nayrael said:

Yes this. Also, all the information used to capture the Amakusa Church was provided by Index. Don't forget that Index has limitless information of spells and of all the churches due to her special ability. Also as far as we've seen, Touma's destruction of Index' seal during season 1 made Index capable of using all her magical knowledge (originally she was unable, or thought she was unable of using magic).

What does this mean? It means Index, if she sets her mind to it, can be very dangerous.

BTW, the rating argument is dumb, especially when the rating is so close anyway, but let's divide it by numbers shall we:

Railgun's Ratings (7.95):
10 12.5% (2019 votes)
9 22.0% (3559 votes)
8 30.4% (4929 votes)
7 22.0% (3561 votes)
6 7.8% (1265 votes)
5 3.4% (549 votes)
4 1.1% (184 votes)
3 0.4% (61 votes)
2 0.2% (34 votes)
1 0.2% (33 votes)

Index Ratings (7.87):
10 10.7% (2642 votes)
9 20.6% (5089 votes)
8 31.5% (7770 votes)
7 23.2% (5720 votes)
6 8.4% (2085 votes)
5 3.6% (886 votes)
4 1.2% (304 votes)
3 0.5% (126 votes)
2 0.1% (31 votes)
1 0.1% (36 votes)

Can we tell something by this numbers? Yes, mostly that more people saw and rated Index. The amount of 8's in relation to Railgun is particularly huge. But considering the big difference in numbers between Railgun and Index in terms of viewers, I dare say that a mere .08 is not nearly enough to prove your superiority.
We should save these numbers for alexcampos to see since that user always seems to bring in numbers when comparing Index to Railgun. Oh, s/he'll probably want to also bring in character popularity too so be prepared for that.
Oct 23, 2010 3:42 PM

May 2010
I rate both the same.
Why should you make lower rate on Railgun / Index?
For me, they are equally good thou Index S2 is a little bit better I must admit.
The last few eps of Railgun was little bit tiring, lets hope this wont.
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Oct 23, 2010 3:50 PM
Jun 2008
LoL....Actually I was trying to delete my message...but no matter how many time I refresh the page, my message doesn't come out =(
I made a sensitive post ...
Oct 23, 2010 3:54 PM

Dec 2007
Seeing how every major character of Railgun is also featured in Index, other than Saten I believe, there is not going to be much difference in character popularity.
Oct 23, 2010 4:29 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting. It's one betrayal and silent coup after another. Quite interesting.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 23, 2010 5:03 PM

May 2010
when it comes to church against something its always catholic church isnt it well i am a catholic and i cant blame them because of the blood filled history of the church but dont think bad of it because not everyone in the church is like that and there aren't that many people like that maybe in the past
Oct 23, 2010 5:11 PM

May 2010
frozen_soul said:
when it comes to church against something its always catholic church isnt it well i am a catholic and i cant blame them because of the blood filled history of the church but dont think bad of it because not everyone in the church is like that and there aren't that many people like that maybe in the past

Why even talk about the church? The heat now is economics and education and the downfall of bad state-policies.

I don't think the Catholic church is bad at all but the current Pope is either ignorant or a mere hypocrit (no offense).

Also I don't think this has anything to do with the show. It's a story and it doesn't have to be close to what is happening in reality.
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Oct 23, 2010 6:03 PM

Jun 2008
TheMetalOverlord said:
We should save these numbers for alexcampos to see since that user always seems to bring in numbers when comparing Index to Railgun. Oh, s/he'll probably want to also bring in character popularity too so be prepared for that.

Good god, it's like you're stalking me...

Character popularity has nothing to do with how good a show is, nor does it mean that a good show needs to have a very popular character.

Remember Mikoto first appeared in Index S1, although she was liked, it was Railgun that made her into the huge lovable character she is today.

You guys seem to think that the only thing that makes a show good is how complex it is or how much plot is has.

Lucky Star, K-ON, Azumanga Daioh, just to name a few, all have a bigger following and a MUCH HIGHER ranking than both Index and Railgun......and guess what, absolutely NO PLOT, no complex story, it's all slice of life, so to say that slice of life is not as good as a complicated/big plot storyline is incorrect and pure opinion.

It's clear that the reason Railgun did so well was because of the characters and not the plot, I could also say that the reason Index S1 has a decent rating is because of the plot, despite some of the more annoying/bad characters it has.
Oct 23, 2010 6:04 PM
Apr 2009
I really do hate Index. Why bite? Why? Were the writers just trying to throw in a recurring gag in every episode? For no reason, she bites him. Ungrateful little selfish..argg!

Oh well, I still enjoy the show. That Touma/Stiyl combo was awesome. So, the sides have switched...interesting, though I'm kind of not surprised. And, that guy looks way too similar to Mugen! Fighting nuns...can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 23, 2010 7:00 PM
Jun 2008
alexcampos said:
absolutely NO PLOT, no complex story, it's all slice of life
I think you misunderstand between the word " plot" and "plot progress".
Oct 23, 2010 7:10 PM

Oct 2010
always good to see index to own ass again.
Oct 23, 2010 7:16 PM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
alexcampos said:
absolutely NO PLOT, no complex story, it's all slice of life
I think you misunderstand between the word " plot" and "plot progress".

Well you obviously can't have "plot progress" if you don't have a plot.

Like I said a good show is not determined by how much plot it has, nor is it determined by the popularity of the character.

There are more intrinsic reasons and an overall combination of many traits and qualities that make a show good.
Oct 23, 2010 7:25 PM
Jun 2008
@alexcampos
I go to toilet <no plot>
I go to toilet because i need to shit <with plot>
Oct 23, 2010 7:39 PM
Dec 2007
alexcampos said:

Character popularity has nothing to do with how good a show is, nor does it mean that a good show needs to have a very popular character.

Remember Mikoto first appeared in Index S1, although she was liked, it was Railgun that made her into the huge lovable character she is today.

You guys seem to think that the only thing that makes a show good is how complex it is or how much plot is has.

Lucky Star, K-ON, Azumanga Daioh, just to name a few, all have a bigger following and a MUCH HIGHER ranking than both Index and Railgun......and guess what, absolutely NO PLOT, no complex story, it's all slice of life, so to say that slice of life is not as good as a complicated/big plot storyline is incorrect and pure opinion.
It was you who first brought the ratings argument to begin with. But no matter, it's not like either show holds an abysmal superiority on the other.

Also, thanks for pointing out the main problem here. It's all opinion. Some like complexity and good fights, others like slice of life. Who cares, that's their own choice. Why are you so obstinate of proving your OPINION right? In the end it's no more true than mine. You are arguing over opinions, let us like our Index in peace already.

Oct 23, 2010 7:56 PM

Dec 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Who fucking faints after 1 tackle?

Yeah... I thought that was pretty lame too.

Iisan-kun said:
Never trust Roman Catholics.

I see what you did there o.O.

Leon-Gun said:
Also as far as we've seen, Touma's destruction of Index' seal during season 1 made Index capable of using all her magical knowledge (originally she was unable, or thought she was unable of using magic).

She can't use magic. She can only intercept someone else's magic.

Anyway. What's all this QQing about Biribiri? You should all know by now that she won't appear so why post in the topic saying there's no Biribiri? Waste of time in my opinion. Both Index and Railgun were good in their own way. Nuff said.
Oct 23, 2010 8:14 PM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:
TheMetalOverlord said:

Good god, it's like you're stalking me...
Mostly because you bring up the same ole' s**t over and over again when comparing the two.
Oct 23, 2010 10:47 PM
Dec 2007
Day2Dream said:

Leon-Gun said:
Also as far as we've seen, Touma's destruction of Index' seal during season 1 made Index capable of using all her magical knowledge (originally she was unable, or thought she was unable of using magic).

Ah, well I seemed to have gotten that wrong. Hyouka's arc confused me on that part.

Oct 23, 2010 11:12 PM

Jun 2007
really good episode
roman catholics are bad towards things that might endanger the church???
no wai! they would never kill people to save the church.
lol

but nice super flying tackle glomp works even better than magic.

also to the people that want more Misaka, they responded by making Railgun after first season of Index. Index is about well more about Touma and Index with Misaka being a side character. you can just hope that maybe there will be a Railgun 2
Oct 24, 2010 3:10 AM
Nov 2008
Day2Dream said:

No, Index clearly used magic at the end of season one. Intercept magic is also magic of its own.

Previously Index thought she was incapable of magic. Just a container.
Oct 24, 2010 6:39 AM

Dec 2008
F*ck yeah.
Now this is what I wanted in the new season of Index. Leave ecchi to the other shows.
Oct 24, 2010 6:46 AM
Jun 2010
Vhaltz said:
F*ck yeah.
Now this is what I wanted in the new season of Index. Leave ecchi to railgun.

that's better I think.

Oct 24, 2010 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
lol all of a sudden, the roman catholic nun turned psycho.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.