Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 29, 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
I would say One Piece. One Piece was the first show that got me into anime, so the novelty of watching it straight from the beginning was always super engaging to me. However I can understand that from a different perspective it can be a bit meh. It can come across as a bit too goofy and not taking itself super seriously. Many people say that Arlong Park is the very first point where it starts to shift from that initial impression, but I believe it's shifting pointing is alil bit earlier with episode 24 when Zoro fights Mihawk. Asking someone to watch 24 episodes until it gets "good" could in a way be a daunting task for a lot of people, as it's an entire 2 cour anime they'd have to sit through, or two 12 episode anime. Tho in the grand scheme of things you're only watching ( as to now ) 2% of what the anime brings to the table, and a lot of people understand that notion and decide to stick with it, in which case 8 times out of 10 they end up loving it.

Jun 29, 12:36 PM

Sep 2023
Metallic Rogue slow/bad at first, but from mid to end it gets better
Jun 29, 2:32 PM

Oct 2010
It took me a few attempts to get into TTGL and JoJo, and I ended up loving both
Jun 29, 2:44 PM
Sep 2013
as I recall, The Vampire Dies in No Time was that for me. I think I was actually going to drop it at a point but decided to stick with it to see what happens.
Jun 29, 2:51 PM

May 2021
not a bad start necessarily but it took me a good amount of eps to start liking Shinsekai Yori, by the end one of my only 10/10 shows
Jun 29, 3:04 PM

Jul 2007
Reply to Oioioioi1234
For me Kaguya-Sama's premise of "Love is War" between the 2 main characters was so unbearable at the start to the point where I was considering to drop it within the first few episodes. It felt like they were gaslighting themselves into liking each other, and somehow fully confident that the other person was into them. Since it was such a popular and highly rated romcom, I decided to commit to half a season at least. Especially because I wanted to branch out to other genres like romance at the time.

I'm glad I stuck with it because it only got better from that point onwards, and by the end of the first season I started finding the main couple's interactions enjoyable as well. It gradually went from a 3/10 to a 8/10 within the first season, and the 3rd season was a 9/10 for me.
@Oioioioi1234 This was me too. However, for me it was because I'm a romance fan and I just wasn't feeling the chemistry between the two MCs. It wasn't until the last few episodes that I got a little glimmer of hope instilled in me. The comedy was ok but wasn't enough to keep me enthralled on its own. Luckily, the later seasons toned it down a bit (or maybe upped the romance parts?) and I enjoyed it a lot more.

As an aside, I haven't watched the movie but this show is one of many that needs more content. With how popular this show is...where is it? Oh Japan..
Jun 29, 3:23 PM

Aug 2016
FMAB has one of the worst set of initial episodes I've seen in a high profile anime, good thing it starts to improve around episode 4 or 5.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jun 29, 3:44 PM

May 2022
Reply to SimplyBrazen
I'm gonna be that guy, the first episode of Steins;Gate is unwatchable at first. It took me 4 tries to actually get past the beginning. And honestly, despite how good the anime is overall, the first few eps did not need to be that dragged and uninteresting.
@SimplyBrazen well... i'm gonna be that guy and say first episode is in my top 3 from the series. It's so bizarre and mysterious.
Jun 29, 4:02 PM

Jan 2022
Black Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall. Story is alright. Lots of production issues at the beginning but it got more consistent as it went on.
Jun 29, 4:10 PM

May 2024
Gintama has one of the slowest starts of all time. The early episodes focus more on introducing all the crazy characters and the goofy humor. For most people, it usually takes a lot of time to get fully invested in it. However as the series progresses, and when everything starts connecting to the main plot, that when the series truly shines and becomes highly entertaining.
Jun 29, 4:16 PM

Oct 2019
Jackson1333 said:
The first half of Steins;Gate was peak, I loved the mystery and the slow build up, then it all went down hill in the second half.

HEY that's illegal, you can't just agree with me on a bad take being bad, and then hit me without another take that is just as bad, if not even worse!
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 29, 9:50 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to All_Knowing
Gintama has one of the slowest starts of all time. The early episodes focus more on introducing all the crazy characters and the goofy humor. For most people, it usually takes a lot of time to get fully invested in it. However as the series progresses, and when everything starts connecting to the main plot, that when the series truly shines and becomes highly entertaining.
All_Knowing said:
However as the series progresses, and when everything starts connecting to the main plot, that when the series truly shines and becomes highly entertaining.

I would say 300 episodes is too long to be considered a "start."
その目だれの目?
Jun 29, 10:48 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to APolygons2
Jackson1333 said:
The first half of Steins;Gate was peak, I loved the mystery and the slow build up, then it all went down hill in the second half.

HEY that's illegal, you can't just agree with me on a bad take being bad, and then hit me without another take that is just as bad, if not even worse!
@APolygons2
APolygons2 said:

>:3c

It was just a gentle slope, the kind you might watch your kids roll down at the park, not like it fell off a cliff or anything. It just started leaning a little to heavy into the standard time travel tropes, which made it a little more predictable. Still a great series overall, just the last half didn't have me quite as invested as the first.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Your immediate plans for anime you're watching next

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

12 by Kwanthemaster »»
46 seconds ago

» Which anime character has the coolest theme while being irrelevant in their series

Anjuro - 3 minutes ago

0 by Anjuro »»
3 minutes ago

» Are there less anime that would in the future be considered "classics" being produced nowadays than in the past?

Psychku - 20 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Are people desperate for anime?

SimplyBrazen - Yesterday

30 by BimJomp »»
4 minutes ago

» Is your bad anime actually bad or...?

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

38 by BimJomp »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.