Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 20, 11:49 PM
Jul 2017
shit...........................................
Mar 21, 12:13 AM
Apr 2023
I feel pretty stupid that it took me 12 episodes to spot that reflection on Kikuchi's eyes in the intro (@02:46 time mark). It's the image of Tomozaki and Hinami side by side. And I am guessing that is probably one of the reasons why Kikuchi would like to become a person like Hinami; probably not only out of admiration for Hinami (she was her ideal person as she mentioned), but probably something about becoming someone who can be close to Tomozaki like that.

Anyway, Mimimi once again played the role of the blue-haired girl in a rom-com huh.
Mar 21, 1:18 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to jonty000
@SentiOnikawa Same thing made me hate sakura but that was side character. Here main character is doing the same that made me drop this anime.
@jonty000 See, I respect that Kishimoto wrote Naruto calling Sakura on her bs. He had Naruto say "yeah, you're full of crap. Off my strap." No outright manipulation, no undercutting her choices. Just a straight-up call-out to set her straight.
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Mar 21, 1:20 AM
Dec 2014
Reply to Warchiii
@SentiOnikawa It's not really foreshadowing when it's as in-your-face as that scene was. I may be overthinking it, but it feels more like the audience is getting set up for a twist. Especially since everyone's attention seems to be firmly fixed on Mimimi and/or Kikuchi at this point. In any case, the Kikuchi scene is not what I was referencing...

@warchilll Oh, that. I more chalk that up to being he appreciates the encounter that changed his life. We've already seen earlier in the season that he can't rationalize Hanami's worse qualities, especially when she isn't answerable to anyone else when called on her bs.
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento
Mar 21, 2:09 AM

Mar 2012
Mimimi lost, such is usually the fate of the blue haired obviously superior pairing in anime.
Despite being obvious since Fuuka has been presented as the relationship goal since S1, still feels bad for Mimimi given that there haven't been real attempts at portraying chemistry between Tomozaki and Fuuka, to the point that the entire subplot of this last episodes have been Tomozaki taking a role more a caretaker of a shy child than a bf, while in the same episodes being portrayed as someone that can both understand and stand side by side with Mimimi.

Best part of the episode I'd say is Tomozaki making Fuuka realize that there's an entire world outside school and that there's no real obligation of you staying where you are not happy.
Twitter is not the best alternative, so I hope he introduces her to forums and online communities.
Glad he highlights how his most important connection is still the one in smash bros, not entirely leaving it behind in a pursuit of "now I'm one of the cool guys and need no games".
Waifus only represent ideals
Mar 21, 2:44 AM
Dec 2022
The comedy act with Mimimi feels like a prelude to their eventual separation. The play is the real star of the whole festival. So we kinda gets where Tomozaki is going in the end. One more episode to go and its the big finale next week.
Mar 21, 7:43 AM

Jan 2021
meh episode. liked the part where he forgot his line. hinami or mimimi all the way!
Roxy

Mar 21, 7:49 AM
Jun 2022
MIMIMI best girl, I don't care about fuuka.
Mar 21, 9:44 AM
Mar 2015
Both grils feel bothered by the fact that he has to run off t see the other gril
Mar 21, 10:05 AM

Aug 2020
Oh damn... I love Both Fuuka and Minami, but can't lie that I have a slight preference for the happy side of Mimimi. This episode had me on the edge of my seat, since there were lots of emotions rising. A bittersweet episode.

Mar 21, 10:29 AM

Oct 2016
Well... there goes our ship.
Mar 21, 3:56 PM

Aug 2014
a little worse episode.. mostly because again too much boring Kikuchi and failure with Minami, not only he didn't ask her out but their manzai didn't get enough screentime in episode and was weak.. it could be way better.. if he didn't ask Minami then he shouldn't ask Kikuchi.. he should go for Hinami and that would be shock for her ;d
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 21, 5:29 PM
Feb 2017
Still hoping Mimimi gets picked on the last episode.
Mar 21, 5:38 PM

Sep 2023
That comedy bit was... hard to watch! It's all over for Mimimi, best girl never wins! Fuuka is so boring and passive, I really hope Tomozaki does not go for her either...
Mar 21, 8:31 PM

Aug 2017
If Mimimi's heart is broken, show gets a 1.
Mar 22, 5:17 PM
Oct 2019
I'm very, very sad about this choice, I really like Fuka-chan, but I was rooting so much for Mimimi, I'm incredibly sad
Mar 22, 5:38 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to CarbonMD
If Mimimi's heart is broken, show gets a 1.
@CarbonMD Mimimi knows she has lost and has already accepted it. That's why she interrupts Tomozaki on the roof. "It's over".

I suggest you just drop the show entirely now and not watch the season finale. You're going to hate it.

Instead, I recommend you go read her AU manga side story the author created "Minami Nanami wants to shine". Instead of running for student council President she becomes a model in an effort to shine. She's also Tomozaki's primary love interest in the story too. There are lots of great illustrations of her modeling in the manga. I'm sure you will love it.
Mar 22, 9:11 PM
Apr 2020
WORST CHAPTER OF THE SEASON
Mar 24, 2:56 PM
Nov 2022
I am so mad even if I expected the Kikuchi choice since S1, Minami has better chemistry and would be "easier" to live and date for him and many more reasons but whatever...

Good job author you made me feel emotions which, in the end, is what a story is made for.

Maybe in ep13 there will be a big turnover but I doubt it.
Mar 24, 4:43 PM
Aug 2020
Mimimi bros, we lost.
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Jul 2013
I never really reply in this site, but this episode made me go here and post that i want to punch Tomozaki-kun in the face, Fuuka is so gosh darn boring. I love her design and personality but Mimimi is the far superior girl in this. Why did the Author chose her is beyond my comprehension. If they hook up its gonna be a fucking crawl if they make a another season with how timid and slow Fuuka is. Most of her screen time is always quiet and slow. Lord have mercy
Mar 25, 10:53 AM

Dec 2012
Reply to Seansy
@postblitz Bro, in what way is Ami an "angel"??? I actually liked the dynamic between Ami and Ryuuji, but Ami is definitely no angel like Mimimi lol.

Tbf, I also wished to see what a relationship between Ami and Ryuuji would look like, but we all knew what the end game was from the start.
@Seansy "Bro, in what way is Ami an "angel"???"

Gap Moe.
Mar 25, 11:01 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to postblitz
@Seansy "Bro, in what way is Ami an "angel"???"

Gap Moe.
@postblitz Ah, I understand. Personally, I am not a fan of Moe, but I can see the appeal. She's much more of a devil than an angel for me. Maybe a succubus trying to lure poor unsuspecting men to their doom lol.
Mar 26, 12:50 AM
Sep 2019
This is reminding me of Clean Freak Aoyama-kun, where the fanbase was divided between Odagiri (the energetic girl) and Gotou (the timid girl), but I was cheering for the energetic girl, Odagiri.
This time around, it's Mimimi (the energetic girl) vs Kikuchi (the timid girl), and I'm cheering for the timid girl, Kikuchi.
How turn the tables...
Mar 26, 11:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I really liked this episode, probably because Fuuka's my favorite character, so I always enjoy when she's on the screen. Also imo, I liked what Tomozaki said to Fuuka about how she doesn't have to be like Popple, and that by wanting to become like Popple, she's in a way denying the existence of the firelings. Some people may think that's not great advice when she wants to change, but I think it's just giving her a different perspective on things. While his words can effect her, that doesn't mean she's not her own person and that she can't decide that she does want to change in the future. And since she's not in a completely isolated place (school and work), she can still become acquaintances or friends with others. She just doesn't need to try so hard to become friends with everyone.

When Tomozaki said this to her, I started tearing up. If someone had told me that back in middle and high school, I think that would've given me a sense of comfort. I had close friends, but I wanted to become more outgoing and try to make friends with my classmates instead of just sticking to my friend group. But more often than that, it was tiring to think that way. I felt dejected when I wasn't able to step out of my comfort zone and that I wasn't able to change, all the while watching some of my close friends who were similar to me be able to do what I wanted to. I think for Fuuka, it's more of a relief that she doesn't have to actively try so hard anymore. She can take things as it goes. She can still change, but not at the pace she was trying to, she can do it naturally. She rewrote the end of the story to have Kris choose her own path to becoming an artisan instead of "working hard to fit in the world." By choosing a certain path, that's more interesting than a general ending. Fuuka and Kris can both still fit in somewhere in the world by doing what they like!

Needless to say, I'm glad Tomozaki is going to choose Fuuka. Mimimi is a fun person and she does have interesting interactions with Tomozaki, but I think he has equally as much chemistry with Fuuka, if not more. In the past few episodes, he's shown that he has a good understanding of Fuuka, and I prefer the calm chats they have together.
Mar 27, 8:22 AM

Oct 2017
Atleast someone here doesn't need to change themselves to fit in with others. But well Mimimi ship has sunk.
Mar 27, 2:31 PM

May 2020
Boring guy chose a boring girl. What's there to be surprised about?

I don't know what was going through author's mind when he was writing this, but hey at least he still hasn't made dude lock the Fuka route, so better he ends up alone, as Mimimi thing is under water now.

Been a disappointing arc overall, and I really think finale won't redeem it either.
Mar 31, 3:17 PM
Jan 2019
It just doesn't even make sense. Tomozaki should have been blown over by the fact that someone likes him. Hell, an amazing person who's popular as well! I know he's developed but he should still feel amazed by it. If they wanted to F over mimimi they should have had Tomozaki and her go out for a while until Tomozaki realises it wasn't love or some bs. Although, if it was irl he would have definitely have fallen for her as well. It's weird cos I was team fuuka in s1. Ultimately tho he'll probably get with fuuka, break up with her, and then end game it with aoi. I love romances so much, and this one too, but it's also just so freaking frustrating sometimes. A far cry from yabai yatsu.
Mar 31, 3:19 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to jonty000
Is there I am the only one who feels bad for mimimi or the world has gone blind I just don't know. In first season I wanted him to be with Aoi Hinami, But after watching almost 12ep of second season mimimi is the best girl with good chemistry and all. But the author have messed up now. It was my best anime when I saw the first season. It had had really a good connection with me. I was really looking forward for this season but now I am dropping this anime not going to watch 13ep now. I watch anime for fun and this is not fun that's all.

@jonty000 You are right dude. I feel the exact same way except I wanted fuuka in s1. I loved s2 as well but after mimimi confessed it went downhill. Tomozak's reaction to it makes no sense with who he was. I'm gonna finish it now but it still sucks.
Apr 4, 12:33 PM
Feb 2024
The first part of the episode was really deep with a good moral; I liked how Tomozaki explained his view to Kikuchi, I must say that Tomozaki and Mimimi have a better chemistry and I would love to Tomozaki to end up with Mimimi. I see Kikuchi too shy and too similar to Tomozaki. Mimimi would be a better pair because she is energetic and lively and she can keep Tomozaki at ease
Apr 4, 8:25 PM

Feb 2019
Sad that it's not Mimimi, I think they make a great couple and I like Mimimi

But my guess is it won't be both, it'll be Aoi
Apr 6, 2:58 PM
May 2020
tomozaki has made his decision and mie knows who he's picking too smh
Apr 16, 6:24 AM

Jan 2017
Oh god Tomozaki introduced Twitter to Fuka, it's the end of Fuka's purity...
May 5, 5:27 AM

Mar 2013
I was hoping for Minami, Aoi, and Gumi to be the main heroines. They're a lot of fun (not in a sexual way) to be with.

Fuuka is just a loli character for me that gives off a vibe of "must protect" character.

I actually enjoyed binging this again. Unfortunately, I was not able to watch this when it was airing.

Above all else. (Tsu)Gumi is my no. 1.

P.S. I need more Erika.
CrazyButNot4UMay 5, 5:33 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

76 by harman29oct2003 »»
May 22, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

144 by dhell26 »»
May 21, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Best Girl of both seasons.

Thyriad-oPPailov - Mar 29

22 by Zalistar7 »»
May 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun 2nd Stage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14

53 by lasodamos »»
May 5, 2:01 PM

» Is Aoi the end game?

Dragevard - Feb 9, 2023

12 by Mreci1 »»
May 4, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.