New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 30, 2023 9:52 PM
Sep 2014
Meh idk got boring quickly. Probably dropped it
Apr 30, 2023 10:04 PM
Jun 2021
TASM18 said:
For starters, I had already read the manga, so that's why I watched the anime. But, I've realized that it has become a lot more popular than I expected. So for anime onlys, why did you watch the show, was there something that drew you to it? I'm genuinely interested.

These reasons:

> Aki Akasaka (Kaguya Sama is among my top 6-7 animes I have ever watched so yeah....)

> 90 minutes premiere was enough to make me interested into it and then KABOOM! It won my recognition

> The GOAT level Art Style: Aquamarine's art style & majority caste looks too eye pleasing (eye candy really works in attracting audience)

> Focus on the entertainment industry from where we get to see the media we love, really great theme to explore for me through this show and that's enough reason for me to get attracted towards it
May 1, 2023 12:31 AM
Apr 2019
Honestly I stay clear from new trending anime cause there's way to many new shows coming out each season. I ain't like Joe (Anime man) or Gigguk and don't read manga. If you want to know why, it's cause of all the attention it got on tiktok.
Usually I see an anime once or twice then add it to my plan to watch list but this show popped up everyday so I watched it. Sadly I knew how the first episode would end cause some bastard commented on a tiktok vid.
Thats it though.
May 1, 2023 4:32 AM
Sep 2022
I watched it after it got popular.i thing its because of the huge plot in just 1 ep.
May 1, 2023 5:06 AM
Mar 2021
Alexander690 said:
it's a popular thing and from a well known guy that's why gave it a try
but in my opinion it is not as awesome as the hype for it is
it is similar to spy x family
or any other slice of life
(new thing is it's just more bloody)
7.5/10 is fair rating for it in my opinion

oshi no ko is far better than spyxfamily as it has real plot elements to it and shows the dark side of idol or entertainment industry in japan which is an actual thing with a few things extra like making the mc reincarnate as the son of the idol whom he admired. Tbh I've been enjoying this manga more than spyfam as the plot progresses, and the story makes sense unlike spyfam where the progression is too slow.
May 1, 2023 5:47 AM
Mar 2021
Alexander690 said:
Uruichi said:

oshi no ko is far better than spyxfamily as it has real plot elements to it and shows the dark side of idol or entertainment industry in japan which is an actual thing with a few things extra like making the mc reincarnate as the son of the idol whom he admired. Tbh I've been enjoying this manga more than spyfam as the plot progresses, and the story makes sense unlike spyfam where the progression is too slow.

spy x family was an example to get the picture
and dark side of entertainment industry in japan or outside of it everyone knows about that and that darkness is not limited to that one industry so it is exaggeration to say that this anime is peak because of that point
and that reincarnation was out of nowhere very goofy as always
and about the plot it is so simple and predictable it reminds me of boruto
i already know that protagonist gonna find his dad and gonna take revenge even though i don't read manga
it's nothing compared to kaguya sama or other great animes
it is a unique idea with very unique art style I'll say it deserve praise because of it's art style not for it's simple plot
i appreciate creativity alot that's why gave it above 5 rating
so it is not bad but there's definitely are better things to watch if you don't have much time

I never said that it was peak I just said that for me it is much better than spyxfam as I feel that spyxfam is too overrated
May 1, 2023 6:50 AM
Dec 2021
Alexander690 said:
Uruichi said:

spy x family was an example to get the picture
and dark side of entertainment industry in japan or outside of it everyone knows about that and that darkness is not limited to that one industry so it is exaggeration to say that this anime is peak because of that point
and that reincarnation was out of nowhere very goofy as always
and about the plot it is so simple and predictable it reminds me of boruto
i already know that protagonist gonna find his dad and gonna take revenge even though i don't read manga
it's nothing compared to kaguya sama or other great animes
it is a unique idea with very unique art style I'll say it deserve praise because of it's art style not for it's simple plot
i appreciate creativity alot that's why gave it above 5 rating
so it is not bad but there's definitely are better things to watch if you don't have much time

Lmfao people don't understand the difference between foreshadowing and things being "predictable."  If the MC declares they're going to accomplish some goal at the start of the story, it doesn't mean the story is "predictable" that they'll accomplish their goal at the end. 
May 1, 2023 8:30 AM

Feb 2008
Honestly, I knew nothing going into it. I have not even watched Love is War, or read it. I didn't know that is why this was popular. This was actually a series I was pretty skeptical of and wasn't going to watch it at first, but saw it seemed to be popular, so figured I would at least give it a shot. Long story short, after seeing the length of Episode 1 which got me to watch it cause that really peaked my curiosity, I was blown away. This shifted in a direction that I just really wasn't expecting. And even before then, I really enjoyed the antics between Aqua and Ruby when they were young. It was just really fun to watch. And then when that moment drops, a moment I was not expecting at all... it's gotta be one of the most well done first episodes ever.

I knew the stalker was going to play a part, but I was expecting something like Aqua and Ruby getting in the way and thwarting his stalkin ways. Kinda like how they did with Miyako when she was going to try and spread the story about Ai's giving birth.

So, with that said. It's popular because the first episode is extremely good. Whether or not it continues to remain well received will depend on the rest of the season.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 1, 2023 9:05 AM
Feb 2019
Onistream said:
"Oshi no Ko" is highly anticipated for several reasons. First, it is based on a manga by Aka Akasaka, who is known for creating the popular series "Kaguya-sama: Love is War." Second, the anime is being produced by the animation studio CloverWorks, which has a reputation for producing high-quality anime. Third, the story of "Oshi no Ko" revolves around the entertainment industry and the relationships between idols and their fans, which is a popular theme in Japanese pop culture. Finally, the anime has a unique premise in which a male fan becomes the manager of his favorite female idol, which promises to offer an interesting perspective on the idol industry.
Studios: Doga Kobo

bruh?
May 1, 2023 9:18 AM
Jul 2022
YOASOBI opening and Aka Alaska (author of kaguya-sama, one my favourite animes) are what made me dive into this anime.
May 1, 2023 10:09 AM
Nov 2022
Because he made a great entrance.But l wish Ai didi't die so soon.๐Ÿฅฒ
May 1, 2023 10:58 AM
Mar 2020
Almost half of the ppl here started watching it after it reached rank 1 on mal, so that’s your answer. As for me, one of my friends knows that I like mystery/revenge anime so I was recommended this. I didn’t even know it was an Akasaka manga.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 1, 2023 11:12 AM

Dec 2021
Onistream said:
"Oshi no Ko" is highly anticipated for several reasons. First, it is based on a manga by Aka Akasaka, who is known for creating the popular series "Kaguya-sama: Love is War." Second, the anime is being produced by the animation studio CloverWorks, which has a reputation for producing high-quality anime. Third, the story of "Oshi no Ko" revolves around the entertainment industry and the relationships between idols and their fans, which is a popular theme in Japanese pop culture. Finally, the anime has a unique premise in which a male fan becomes the manager of his favorite female idol, which promises to offer an interesting perspective on the idol industry.
I love how you got both the studio and even the plot wrong lol have you even watched it?
May 1, 2023 11:14 AM

Jan 2021
its popular for the same reason demon slayer is popular, flashy animation and a shallow edgy plot 
May 1, 2023 3:21 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Why is any popular anime popular, why are unpopular anime unpopular, why is the sky blue, is water wet, why is gamora

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 1, 2023 7:35 PM
Dec 2021
Alexander690 said:
daiotaku said:

Lmfao people don't understand the difference between foreshadowing and things being "predictable."  If the MC declares they're going to accomplish some goal at the start of the story, it doesn't mean the story is "predictable" that they'll accomplish their goal at the end. 

your statement is so naive
there is techniques of foreshadowing
and i have not said the story is predictable because mc declared his goal
for most part i was not even paying attention to the anime but here i am i can tell everything that happened or will happen
I don't want to waste any more time discussing this so whatever

Lmfao, this is such a ridiculous comment. Your initial comment said 

> "i already know that protagonist gonna find his dad and gonna take revenge even though i don't read manga"

Your only "prediction" for how the show will go is literally just the MC saying what his goal is. That's like saying Attack on Titan is "predictable" from the first few episodes because "obviously" Eren will just kill all the titans - it's so "obvious" lmfao. If you can predict "everything" that will happen why don't you just say what your predictions are. 
May 1, 2023 10:58 PM

Feb 2016
Because Edgy = Good am I right?
May 1, 2023 11:02 PM

Apr 2022
i mean, i still don't know why bocchi the rock is popular so i'd prefer if we crossed these bridges one at a time.
May 1, 2023 11:17 PM
Sep 2021
cuz it caters to lolicon fetishists, perverts, and seasonal fans who just watch the new thing and can't discern between a good anime and a bad one and just go with the flow.
May 2, 2023 4:34 AM

Jul 2011
Because of the rating I saw on 9Anime. I thought: "how can it score higher than Heavenly Delusion or Hell's Paradise this season"?!

So I got curious and it turned out to be good!
May 2, 2023 4:46 AM

Jun 2020
I know right, it's not even that good
May 2, 2023 4:51 AM

Aug 2018
Some form of mass-psychosis is my guess
May 2, 2023 5:47 AM

Apr 2023
Easy, here are the reasons why:
May 2, 2023 6:51 AM
Yuri is Life

Dec 2022
Well, its because of the ep 1, I guess. 
It's pretty good but maybe a meeh for me. Oh well... when fans hype it, it is what it is.
May 2, 2023 7:46 PM
Dec 2021
Alexander690 said:
daiotaku said:

Lmfao, this is such a ridiculous comment. Your initial comment said 

> "i already know that protagonist gonna find his dad and gonna take revenge even though i don't read manga"

Your only "prediction" for how the show will go is literally just the MC saying what his goal is. That's like saying Attack on Titan is "predictable" from the first few episodes because "obviously" Eren will just kill all the titans - it's so "obvious" lmfao. If you can predict "everything" that will happen why don't you just say what your predictions are. 

STFU you barely watched 45 days of anime
Thank you ♥๏ธ

Oh, sick burn yeah I don't treat watching Anime like it's my full time job, lmao. 

You say it's "predictable" but refuse to actually say what any of your predictions are other then literally the thing the MC says he's going to do.

I'm like actually curious why you think anyone would believe that you have these secret "predictions" that are somehow super-obvious but also you can't tell anyone for some reason. If it's predictable, then what are your predictions? If you don't have any predictions, then it's not actually predictable, by definition. 

Has to be one or the other dude. 
May 2, 2023 7:48 PM
Dec 2021
OiantakuYT said:

I guess I can move the estimated date for the AI takeover and destruction of human civilization back a few months. 
May 2, 2023 10:00 PM

Feb 2023
OiantakuYT said:

Not gonna lie, this actually sounds kind of interesting...
StyxParadiseMay 3, 2023 5:45 AM
May 2, 2023 11:09 PM
Aug 2015
A couple days ago I wasn't aware of this anime's existence. I'd pretty much stopped watching anime altogether since the pandemic.  I randomly stumbled across an article giving extremely high praise for the first episode, so I looked it up on MAL and saw not only that it was sitting in the #1 spot, but that Doga Koba were involved.  I dropped everything there and then to watch it. 

That first episode was a ride. I loved it. It almost seems obvious in hindsight that a feature-length opening episode of that calibre is a great hook. There's only so much you can squeeze into the standard 20 minutes an anime episode gets. I hope we see more of that going forward.
May 3, 2023 4:01 AM

Dec 2022
For me it was because I love girl groups and idols. So one read of the plot synopsis was enough to get me to watch it. Of course the hype was a big part aswell. Unfortunately I think the hype had my expectations too high because my expectations have not been met.

May 3, 2023 5:34 AM
Dec 2021
Alexander690 said:
daiotaku said:

I guess I can move the estimated date for the AI takeover and destruction of human civilization back a few months. 

sure if you are that eager to hear spoilers
Warning โš ๏ธโš ๏ธ
there is Whole Script of the Anime below read on your own risk

Lol, half of those are obviously just from some plot summary of the Manga, the rest are just vague and generic stuff that happens in most stories "the plan fails and they try another," like 90% of stories can fit that description depending on how you define everything. 
May 3, 2023 6:16 AM
Nov 2021
daiotaku said:
Alexander690 said:

sure if you are that eager to hear spoilers
Warning โš ๏ธโš ๏ธ
there is Whole Script of the Anime below read on your own risk

Lol, half of those are obviously just from some plot summary of the Manga, the rest are just vague and generic stuff that happens in most stories "the plan fails and they try another," like 90% of stories can fit that description depending on how you define everything. 

you asked me how this simple anime is predictable and i gave you answer and now you are crying over what i stated happens in most of the stories and now you want me to go in details
i do not care for anyone's approval and don't have time to discuss this
you said yourself you don't treat anime watching as a full time job and here you are getting in discussion with a stranger to defend an anime
i do not treat anime as a full time job either and you are just making me hate this anime even more by wasting my time
that's my last statement on the matter farewell
May 3, 2023 8:06 AM
Oct 2020
The actual score is 9.36 if you take out the 1 rating. Lol
May 3, 2023 10:11 AM
Apr 2023
Kurisugo said:
The actual score is 9.36 if you take out the 1 rating. Lol

The actual rating is 1 if you take out all the 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ratings. I did the math myself, I am very intelligent.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.