Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you guys think has the best soundtrack?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2023 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
My favourites (+ the ones I think are good from my list):

• FMAB - Akira Senju's work is amazing there
  • Made in Abyss - Kevin Penkin's music is just beautiful
  • Sword Art Online - I really liked the show because of the sound track
  • Legend of Galactic Heroes - I mean it has all the best of Western Classical Music
  • Vinland Saga - I don't know the composers but both seasons have some phenomenal background scores
  • Sword of the Stranger - This movie has some god-like background music.
  • Hiroyuki Sawano does his magic in AoT
  • Fumetsu no anata e S1 - I do like some of the scores
  • Demon Slayer - Water Breathing Dry Weather
  • Mushoku Tensei - Orsted's theme.
  • Ghibli films do have good soothing music which fits well with the films but it isn't something that I'd save in my playlist. Most of the shows above have background scores that I've saved.

May 8, 2023 1:02 AM

Apr 2023
Pretty hard to beat Death Note, Trust & Betrayal and Mushishi.
May 8, 2023 1:16 AM
Jun 2022
Girls Last Tour, Vivy, and Yuru Camp
May 8, 2023 2:06 AM

Jul 2021
I liked death note's OST too, 10 years or so ago.

Now? I think there's so much better that it wouldn't even be in the top 10. I mean just from the top of my head FMAB, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Douluo Dalu, Made in Abyss and so on.

And, of course, there's my personal all time favourite, which is Samurai Champloo. Its OST not only stood the test of time, but actually gained value by contributing to the rise of the lofi chillhop. It basically "originated" its own musical genre.
May 8, 2023 2:15 AM
Aug 2022
Demon Slayer and especially Jujutsu Kaisen have sick OST. I've listened to JJK back and forth at least a 100 times.
How come you bitches not mention it?

FMAB and Gintama have very very good OPs and EDs. 
May 8, 2023 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
I think mostly new gen shows have good sountrack like Attack on Titan, yet I also like to listen to some soundtrack from 2000s shows like Elfen Lied, Nana and Death Note...
May 9, 2023 1:36 AM

Dec 2020
Dude literally asked about soundtrack in all aspects and ni**as out there literally talking about which one has better op/ed .

You should have asked about Anime original soundtracks/scores . But including all the soundtracs , I would say SNK has the best ones

Complex Stories are basically sleeping pills . Helps to get some sleep .

May 9, 2023 1:47 AM

May 2013
anything done by Yuki Kajiura
somehow, Pandora Hearts comes to mind as an example I'm almost entirely sure nobody will mention in this thread
May 9, 2023 1:49 AM

Nov 2020
From the anime that i have watched, Attack on Titan has both, amazing OSTs and Openings. Same applies to Kill la Kill. Oh Guess who was the music director for both of these series??? HECK YEAH SAWANO HIROYUKI BABY!! Jokes aside, the OSTs of Kill la Kill are actually fire and hugely underrated, as i have mentioned in my review. 
After that, anime like Demon Slayer, Death Note and One Punch Man have both unforgettable openings and osts. Then there is the under recognized anime ( in terms of sound) Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken or That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Many attack sound effects it has sound like the famous Benimaru attack from Fire Force. Also, it has great openings. I dont remember much about the OSTs, but Haikyuu has amazing openings for sure!!!
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed." ~ Lelouch vi Britannia
May 9, 2023 1:52 AM

Nov 2020
epidemia78 said:
It is absolutely the Aria OST. If you don't like it, there's something wrong with you.

no hate, but that's kinda mid :P 
but which anime is that from??
"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed." ~ Lelouch vi Britannia
May 9, 2023 3:44 AM
Aug 2008
I really enjoyed the soundtrack in .hack//SIGN. Revolutionary Girl Utena also has an amazing OST.
May 9, 2023 4:29 AM

Feb 2020
Anytime I see this question, the anime that comes to mind is either Made in Abyss, anything with Yuki Kajiura's soundtrack (especially Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kubikiri Cycle), or Kaiba.
But there are many others that are worth mentioning, like Tenshi no Tamago, Perfect Blue, Paprika, the Monogatari Series, Clannad, Aria, Kemono no Souja Erin, Akatsuki no Yona, Houseki no Kuni, Rozen Maiden, Ergo Proxy, Shinsekai Yori, Shiki, Gosick, Cowboy Bebop, Cyberpunk Edgerunners, Casshern Sins, Haibane Renmei...

Also Princess Tutu but I don't know if it really counts considering that most of the tracks are already existing classical pieces.
FafetteMay 9, 2023 4:40 AM
May 9, 2023 4:48 AM
Jun 2022
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Kakegurui
- Dr Stone
May 13, 2023 12:08 PM

Aug 2019
I like the anime soundtracks that have been composed by Michiru Oshima ("The Tatami Galaxy," "Nabari no Ou") and Yuuji Nomi ("Whisper of the Heart," "Say 'I Love You,'" "Nichijou," "The Cat Returns"). Especially the songs that have this easygoing, heartfelt almost magical sound to them. Also, "Sonny Boy" has a great soundtrack.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Jun 15

47 by CatSoul »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you tend to skip the first episode/first few episodes of long running shows?

TheBlockernator - Jun 15

43 by CatSoul »»
11 minutes ago

» What are some kinks anime has awoken inside you?

Thy-Veseveia - 2 hours ago

12 by Ohayotaku »»
12 minutes ago

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - 15 minutes ago

1 by Serafos »»
12 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Today

58 by Malkshake »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.