Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 5, 2022 1:29 PM
Jul 2022
Badguy_oncel said:
V1P3R0P said:

Ok. We get you!! You need attention. Here is your piece of attention
except everything he said is true, anime industry need to step up like ufotable( even they only have good cg during night fights). Anime is getting popular now and has pretty good demand but cgi department is indeed lagging

which they are doing they are experimenting with new ways which they can use cgi on anime
Nov 5, 2022 1:30 PM
Jul 2022
Badguy_oncel said:
Shadab98 said:

Except CGI is highly dependent on budget/money. Just spending time on it won't improve it. And Anime studios can just copy the CGI development from Hollywood, it doesn't matter when they first started using it. Chinese movies are doing it, even Indian movie RRR had pretty great CGI this year.

But it won't happen. Because the Anime studios barely have the money. They spend pennies on these shows and its and never gonna change. Best to to just stop using CGI altogether
indian movie brahmastra had even better cg than rrr, infact it was better than latest thor movie.

Bhai kya...........
Nov 5, 2022 1:32 PM
Nov 2016
Episode 1 does have horrible CGI when Denji transformed, that's for sure, it was ugly as hell but luckily, the CGI in the rest of the episodes isn't that bad, it's actually decent somewhat. It's not good enough to make me love it but not bad enough to make me hate it either as I did in episode 1, I'm just neutral with it for now.

The CGI is not the strongest point of this anime but so far I'm enjoying this anime a lot.
Nov 5, 2022 1:51 PM

Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:
the ep 1 one? it wasn't the best, but it wasn't that bad either.

but the cgi in ep3 was perfect. and as far as I could tell ep2 and 4 were fully 2d other than maybe some backgrounds. which honestly? look the same if not better in good 3d.

Okay makes sense now, guy goes from 1 post to another coping that animation is good LOLOLOL
trash anime + L animation from L studio
Nov 5, 2022 1:56 PM
Apr 2021
Goku_g123 said:
the cgi isn't that bad just watched the new jeepers creepers reborn movie that was horrible.

Did the director molest any of the kids in the movie? Or they won’t let him use child actors anymore since the first one?
Nov 5, 2022 2:06 PM
Apr 2018
Shadab98 said:
Really sad to see how far behind the anime industry is. Like this is the most hyped new anime this year and this is the level of budget and quality?

Anime studios just need to stop using CGI or get spend more on them. But even Godzilla anime movies don't have good CGi so no way any anime tv series is gonna get better.

Bro did u watch the last episodes, the animation was flawless you definitely need better glasses
Nov 5, 2022 2:12 PM
Jan 2019
I don't think it's that bad, however I would agree is not that good, it just feels a bit behind in some aspects.
Nov 5, 2022 2:26 PM
Apr 2022
CGI is just bad to use if you’re going for smooth animation that looks clean. So sick of studios using it when it is so obvious it ruins the viewing experience.
Nov 5, 2022 2:32 PM

Jul 2021
Toy story doesent even have that bad cgi

Nov 5, 2022 2:37 PM
Jun 2021
Unluckkboy said:
WTF kkkkkk nada a ve

Ent KKKKKK os gringo desse site é muito mimizento pqp KKKKKK
Nov 5, 2022 2:40 PM
Nov 2018
Natsudrakoni said:
Unluckkboy said:
WTF kkkkkk nada a ve

Ent KKKKKK os gringo desse site é muito mimizento pqp KKKKKK

os cara que analisar anime como se tivesse vendo um filme da Marvel se fode kkkkkkk
Nov 5, 2022 3:13 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

but the cgi in ep3 was perfect. and as far as I could tell ep2 and 4 were fully 2d other than maybe some backgrounds. which honestly? look the same if not better in good 3d.

Okay makes sense now, guy goes from 1 post to another coping that animation is good LOLOLOL
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

my man you have date a live season 3 and tokyo ghoul re fucking 2 as a 7.

let me repeat YOU GAVE TOKYO GHOUL RE 2 A 7!!!!!

I have 0 reason to cope. I know when mappa or any studio fucks up. if anything you're the one coping by giving AOT s4 a 9, same score as s3 p2, despite the fact that the production value is way worse,

if the complaints about visuals weren't on the best looking show this year, maybe it would be slightly valid.

actually that's a lie, giving re 2 a 7 makes everything you say invalid but still.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Nov 5, 2022 3:21 PM
Apr 2022
KanataX said:
everyone coming to reply to this thread:

Fax(character limit)
Nov 5, 2022 3:24 PM

Jul 2016
I may digress with a different form of opinion. In which case, let me declare to you that perhaps it is not behind but instead ahead in such a far fashion that our eyes perceive it as a lesser quality, unable to comprehend the advanced tech used for what is seemingly shoddy movement, but instead fluidity beyond naked eye comprehension. I will tell you, as a first-rate user of high-eye caliber cybernetics, that watching denji fight the bat devil, otherwise known as the devil bat, at movements that go above and beyond 300+ fps, I can tell you this show goes beyond what you're capable of. I shit my pants in reaction to this show's level of professional creativism every new episode, the load in my pants bigger than the prior. I tell you to invest in cyber eyes now and watch anime in the new and responsible fashion that should be accepted.
Nov 5, 2022 4:00 PM
May 2021
mf really hating just for the sake of hating lmao
Nov 5, 2022 5:36 PM
Apr 2021
The cgi isn’t that bad. Stop complaining
Nov 5, 2022 5:47 PM

Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:
VelxonY said:

VelxonY said:

I have 0 reason to cope. I know when mappa or any studio fucks up. if anything you're the one coping by giving AOT s4 a 9, same score as s3 p2, despite the fact that the production value is way worse,

if the complaints about visuals weren't on the best looking show this year, maybe it would be slightly valid.

actually that's a lie, giving re 2 a 7 makes everything you say invalid but still.

Guy shaking in anger because someone called his favorite show bad lol. Average neckbeard quoting people multiple times because he can't take the heat. Dorohedoro level animation in another L show from MAPPA who would have guessed.
Nov 5, 2022 6:08 PM
Nov 2021
Shadab98 said:
Really sad to see how far behind the anime industry is. Like this is the most hyped new anime this year and this is the level of budget and quality?

Anime studios just need to stop using CGI or get spend more on them. But even Godzilla anime movies don't have good CGi so no way any anime tv series is gonna get better.

just do it without cg crappa u already spoilled so many good series the only series that look good was banana fish cause its not cg🤣🤣
Nov 5, 2022 6:28 PM
Sep 2018
Shadab98 said:

dude there exist a lot more bad cgi, witch are way worse...
laiskasakuNov 13, 2022 9:17 AM
Nov 5, 2022 6:29 PM

Jan 2019
I really hoped we stopped making these kind of shitty threads since the shitshow that was the MAL forums when EP 1 released, but no of course not. I'm seriously tired with anime fans and their CGI-phobia.
ElucidNov 5, 2022 8:29 PM
Nov 5, 2022 6:46 PM
Mar 2021
Shadab98 said:

When ppl have too much free time:
Nov 5, 2022 7:33 PM

Nov 2020
laiskasaku said:
Shadab98 said:

are you a dumbass or a dumbass? there exist a lot more bad cgi, witch are way worse, then in chainsaw man...

Well yeah CSM isn't the worst, its just bad... Not good, not average, but bad.
+ you are the dumbass, that isn't how you use 'then'
Nov 5, 2022 7:34 PM
Jan 2022
Shadab98 said:

wait till you realize that all of your favorite animes had used CGI extensively
Nov 5, 2022 8:13 PM
Oct 2021
Is it better than spider-man tnas cgi?
Nov 5, 2022 8:19 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

Guy shaking in anger because someone called his favorite show bad lol. Average neckbeard quoting people multiple times because he can't take the heat. Dorohedoro level animation in another L show from MAPPA who would have guessed.

chainsaw is not even my favorite show this year, let alone of all time. that would be made in abyss season 2. it might not even be second depending on how mob psycho goes.

and again, the worse production from mappa is by far their attack on titan, specially part one of s4. if you want to be angry at their cgi, the least you can do is be consistent and hate their worst work too.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Nov 5, 2022 8:21 PM
Nov 2021
It's not that bad. You guys are such perfectionists it's stupid. Just watch and be thankful chainsaw man got an anime adaptation. It could've been worse but the adaptation is good so far. Stop being a brat and if you really can't stand it then drop it and stop watching instead of being a detective, looking for every single flaws 24/7. You guys are more obsessed than the actual fans.
Nov 5, 2022 8:22 PM

Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:
VelxonY said:

chainsaw is not even my favorite show this year, let alone of all time. that would be made in abyss season 2. it might not even be second depending on how mob psycho goes.

and again, the worse production from mappa is by far their attack on titan, specially part one of s4. if you want to be angry at their cgi, the least you can do is be consistent and hate their worst work too.

They are pretty damn close tbh, both cgi are appaling, but aot at least has some incredibly good plot that can carry the terrible animation. Same with kingdom, terrible cgi but still a watchable show. Not so case with chainsaw man.
Nov 5, 2022 8:27 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

They are pretty damn close tbh, both cgi are appaling, but aot at least has some incredibly good plot that can carry the terrible animation. Same with kingdom, terrible cgi but still a watchable show. Not so case with chainsaw man.

bruh chainsawman episode 4 had 10 minutes of 2d sakuga.

even if you think the very few 3d shots look bad the rest of the show looks godly. it is actually movie quality. don't compare this to aot in terms of production. this barely has cgi to begin with.

and you gave the manga an 8, so you like the story for chainsaw man too, at least that's what it seems frim the score
Also available at:

Nov 5, 2022 8:42 PM

Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:
VelxonY said:

even if you think the very few 3d shots look bad the rest of the show looks godly. it is actually movie quality. don't compare this to aot in terms of production. this barely has cgi to begin with.

and you gave the manga an 8, so you like the story for chainsaw man too, at least that's what it seems frim the score

And its not just a few shots that look bad, those bad shots are the only ones people are talking about, there is many more.
It also goes both ways with you basing the whole thing being good by only having some good scenes in ep 4.
MAPPA spent millions on twitter hashtags and decided to have different ed for every episode. There is no excuses for them not having enough budget to get rid of bad CG. Sounds to me like bad choices were made and people are overlooking it. Another thing, MAPPA takes good/awesome series and makes it mid while other studios do the oppsite.
Nov 5, 2022 8:42 PM

Nov 2018
Tower_Of_Trash said:
It is bad but can it beat Goku?
No no no goku just dies and reanimates himself in CGI Like he did in superhero
Nov 5, 2022 8:54 PM
May 2019
Apolygon2 said:
VelxonY said:

Full 24 minutes were 2d sakuga though.
Nov 5, 2022 9:32 PM

Oct 2019
dtg75 said:
Apolygon2 said:

Full 24 minutes were 2d sakuga though.

I was going to question this, but then I thought about how the tooth brush scene had more frames than every single fight in opm s2.
Also available at:

Nov 5, 2022 9:42 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

And its not just a few shots that look bad, those bad shots are the only ones people are talking about, there is many more.
It also goes both ways with you basing the whole thing being good by only having some good scenes in ep 4.
MAPPA spent millions on twitter hashtags and decided to have different ed for every episode. There is no excuses for them not having enough budget to get rid of bad CG. Sounds to me like bad choices were made and people are overlooking it. Another thing, MAPPA takes good/awesome series and makes it mid while other studios do the oppsite.

saying the cgi, which isn't even bad, is show ruining is an extreme exaggeration and I'm sure you're smart enough to know this.

even their worst production which is aot s4 p1 is far from being ruined by the production, and that actually did have bad cgi at some points. your score of it being a 9 suggests that you understand this.

and that's besides the point of the only cgi that was even slightly out of place was 2 or 3 shots in episode 1. that's it!!

everything else has been either 2d, or has had perfectly implemented cgi that is not even slightly noticeable. you can't even tell it apart.

again, a few shots in the ep1 fight scene did look kind of out of place. that is literally the only place this show didn't look like a high budget anime movie. that's it!

I can't understand why, but for some reason you have a massive hate boner for this show.

like everything has a limit. if you were just criticizing it in a way that made sense, that would be normal. but saying the show looks terrible because of cgi while giving it a 1/10, when it has had very little cgi to begin with, is fucking dumb.

again I will remind you, you rated date a live III and re 2 a 7.

those 2 have dog shit visuals. I would take chainsawman's visuals over them every day of the week even if it was FULL CGI.

And I love date a live, it's my guilty pleasure show, so I'm not saying this out of hate.

you clearly have HUGE biased against this show for some reason. and if you don't see it, I'm sorry, but you aren't very smart.
Also available at:

Nov 5, 2022 9:43 PM
Aug 2022
Aryan264 said:
Badguy_oncel said:
indian movie brahmastra had even better cg than rrr, infact it was better than latest thor movie.

Bhai kya...........
it was better bro but nowhere near adhipurush, the pinnacle of cg usage
Nov 5, 2022 9:49 PM

Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:
VelxonY said:

saying the cgi, which isn't even bad, is show ruining is an extreme exaggeration and I'm sure you're smart enough to know this.

even their worst production which is aot s4 p1 is far from being ruined by the production, and that actually did have bad cgi at some points. your score of it being a 9 suggests that you understand this.

and that's besides the point of the only cgi that was even slightly out of place was 2 or 3 shots in episode 1. that's it!!

everything else has been either 2d, or has had perfectly implemented cgi that is not even slightly noticeable. you can't even tell it apart.

again, a few shots in the ep1 fight scene did look kind of out of place. that is literally the only place this show didn't look like a high budget anime movie. that's it!

I can't understand why, but for some reason you have a massive hate boner for this show.

like everything has a limit. if you were just criticizing it in a way that made sense, that would be normal. but saying the show looks terrible because of cgi while giving it a 1/10, when it has had very little cgi to begin with, is fucking dumb.

those 2 have dog shit visuals. I would take chainsawman's visuals over them every day of the week even if it was FULL CGI.

And I love date a live, it's my guilty pleasure show, so I'm not saying this out of hate.

you clearly have HUGE biased against this show for some reason. and if you don't see it, I'm sorry, but you aren't very smart.

I put it as 1 to bait snowflakes, I would give it like 7 or 8 max tbh. And yes its ruining the show, it kills immersion and I will be going hard hating on all cg because I don't want to see dogshit implementation in anime. Remember how cg was used just for background and now its coming more and more into full-show implementation, this is really BAD for the anime community. you are an eva fan as I see so you must like 2d mecha. Guess what, all the mecha nowadays are 3d cg dogshit... They will keep implementing CG if we don't boycott it in some way because it brings them the most profit, so just think about it.
Props to Sunrise for making amazing 2d mecha GUNDAM anime

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1757730
VelxonYNov 5, 2022 9:53 PM
Nov 5, 2022 9:58 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

I put it as 1 to bait snowflakes, I would give it like 7 or 8 max tbh. And yes its ruining the show, it kills immersion and I will be going hard hating on all cg because I don't want to see dogshit implementation in anime. Remember how cg was used just for background and now its coming more and more into full-show implementation, this is really BAD for the anime community. you are an eva fan as I see so you must like 2d mecha. Guess what, all the mecha nowadays are 3d cg dogshit... They will keep implementing CG if we don't boycott it in some way because it brings them the most profit, so just think about it.

well yes they are implementing 3d more and more, but they are also getting better at implementing 3d more and more.

I thought even this show, the way the handled cgi in episode 3 was perfect. Most people wouldn't even notice it. and even if you do, it genuinely looks good.

I also think 3d backgrounds are perfectly fine. specially when they are handled well like the first season of the promised neverland.

I also also like really good looking 3d shows like beastars and specially arcane.

I do agree on the fact that characters just always look better in 2d though, specially when they switch from 2d to 3d mid show, it can be very jarring. but then again, if it's used for long shots to not be noticeable I'm fine with it. which is why ep 1 of this show was the only one that had jarring 3d. I have no idea why they did that. even the hug scene, that would have been so easy to make in 2d and was a god damn close up.

I think they have handled everything perfectly though after that.

and I'm not going to say the whole show has bad visuals because of a few shots in episode 1, specially when everything else looks this good.

even the cgi wasn't that bad. it wasn't great, but it was also far from being the worst. if you think otherwise, then you haven't seen bad cgi.
Also available at:

Nov 5, 2022 10:02 PM

Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:
VelxonY said:

well yes they are implementing 3d more and more, but they are also getting better at implementing 3d more and more.

I thought even this show, the way the handled cgi in episode 3 was perfect. Most people wouldn't even notice it. and even if you do, it genuinely looks good.

I also think 3d backgrounds are perfectly fine. specially when they are handled well like the first season of the promised neverland.

I also also like really good looking 3d shows like beastars and specially arcane.

I do agree on the fact that characters just always look better in 2d though, specially when they switch from 2d to 3d mid show, it can be very jarring. but then again, if it's used for long shots to not be noticeable I'm fine with it. which is why ep 1 of this show was the only one that had jarring 3d. I have no idea why they did that. even the hug scene, that would have been so easy to make in 2d and was a god damn close up.

and I'm not going to say the whole show has bad visuals because of a few shots in episode 1, specially when everything else looks this good.

even the cgi wasn't that bad. it wasn't great, but it was also far from being the worst. if you think otherwise, then you haven't seen bad cgi.

I watched quite a few actually, Gibiate, Berserk, Dorohedoro (yes it was terrible dont tell me it was good), arifureta (perfect example of little cg that completely shits on show)
Nov 5, 2022 10:06 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

I watched quite a few actually, Gibiate, Berserk, Dorohedoro (yes it was terrible dont tell me it was good), arifureta (perfect example of little cg that completely shits on show)

I haven't seen dorohedoro, but from the screen shots, the cgi seems, pretty mid. not bad, but pretty mid.

Certainly not as good as orange's works, and a million steps behind arcane.

but if we compare it to the other examples you mentioned for bad cgi? come on it's way better than them.

Also available at:

Nov 5, 2022 10:10 PM

Nov 2020
Apolygon2 said:
VelxonY said:

I haven't seen dorohedoro, but from the screen shots, the cgi seems, pretty mid. not bad, but pretty mid.

but if we it compare to the other examples you mentioned for bad cgi? come on it's way better than them.

Well you can see its much better because you said you only saw the screen shots which are still images, the problem with cg are not visual images but the movement and interaction with environment. It just moves at more frames than anything else which makes it incredibly mehhh.
Nov 5, 2022 10:10 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

also arifureta is different. because:

1. while not full cgi, it still has way more cgi and chainsawman

2. the rest of the show looks pretty mid as well, the cgi is just the icing on top

3. the cgi is way worse than chainsawman's don't even pretend like they are on the same level
Also available at:

Nov 5, 2022 10:11 PM

Oct 2019
VelxonY said:
Apolygon2 said:

but if we it compare to the other examples you mentioned for bad cgi? come on it's way better than them.

Well you can see its much better because you said you only saw the screen shots which are still images, the problem with cg are not visual images but the movement and interaction with environment. It just moves at more frames than anything else which makes it incredibly mehhh.

I can see it being meh, it looks meh.

but terrible? no

if nothing else, again, it looks way better than your other examples
Also available at:

Nov 5, 2022 10:20 PM
Jul 2021
here's your attention, NOW FU*K OFF!!!
Nov 5, 2022 11:46 PM
Apr 2020
Shadab98 said:

Anime fans when they see even a millisecond of cgi:
Nov 6, 2022 12:07 AM
Oct 2021
give some new and reasonable criticism for once
Nov 6, 2022 12:08 AM
Oct 2021
EvilDevilJEF said:
anujlumbu12 said:

bro author of chainsaw man confirm makima owns a strap on ..so u can guess
oh shit (character limit)

why did he tho?😭
Nov 6, 2022 12:24 AM
Sep 2020
Imagine complaining about CGI
Nov 6, 2022 1:16 AM
May 2022
EJ_99 said:
(Nothing really to say. This picture describes our current reaction)

I gotta get that image lol
Nov 6, 2022 1:35 AM
Mar 2021
These bait posts are the most fucking annoying shit. You guys are so quick to say CGI bad that you talk shit about actual 2D animation saying it’s CG.
Nov 6, 2022 2:09 AM
Apr 2021
Bruh you are just taking shit just drop it i mean its not perfect but what do you expect anime does not make that much money the animators work their asses off and don't get paid enough to do this shit. its too hard and time consuming to draw that chainsaw head sp this is the best possible way to do this(for now). and im pretty sure you pirate it anyway so yeah why complain. now stfu and go to bed you mf.
AND STOP STARTING THESE FORUMS I AM SICK OF THIS.
Nov 6, 2022 4:07 AM
Aug 2021
I can’t believe some of y’all
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

861 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1145 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

YoshePlays - Oct 7, 2022

2656 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.