Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 5, 2022 4:43 AM

Nov 2020
Cyrus234 said:
DrkSeid69 said:
idk man, the animation looks mid in my eyes. the ost is godly tho

If that is mid then wtf is your good I need to see that
a good animation with a good visual.

we cannot deny the fact that CSM had a good animation, but when the trailer showed a fight scene, the visual looks so flat. i'm going to edit this after the trailer officially comes out

this is what i mean "flat visual"

the coloring looks flat as hell, i hope they fix this
DrkSeid69Aug 5, 2022 5:06 AM
Aug 5, 2022 4:48 AM

Mar 2022
k11chi said:
kaneki1231_ said:
the voice was lit 🐦
the visuals were good than my expectations

Yes, Denji's VA is AMAZING! I was surprised at hearing him as I was expecting someone much less rough sounding.
yea no cap his voice artist is good

Aug 5, 2022 4:50 AM

Jul 2021
POWER AND MAKIMAS VA IS PERFECTION
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 5, 2022 4:51 AM

Oct 2021
deg said:
i cannot tell if that is pre-animated or not since if its not and that is how the TV show will look then damn that is movie quality already

It’s not pre animated. There was never a 2 pre animated trailers for any series . There was no key animators credited in credits so nope it’s not pre animated . The director himself is talking in tweets that he have the strongest team so yeah it’s the real deal .
Aug 5, 2022 4:51 AM

May 2012
DrkSeid69 said:

The OST isn't godly lol. This time it was very unnoticeable. I already made a thread a while ago voicing my thoughts on the soundtrack artist not really being my type as I don't really like synthesized music, but he can still redeem himself for the actual show. I hope he tones the techno style down at least.

Like this OST doesn't stand out at all right now compared to Bleach. Interesting.
https://twitter.com/Erick_Temoltzin/status/1543521326081654785
Aug 5, 2022 4:54 AM

Jan 2009
Atoferatofe said:
deg said:
i cannot tell if that is pre-animated or not since if its not and that is how the TV show will look then damn that is movie quality already

It’s not pre animated. There was never a 2 pre animated trailers for any series . There was no key animators credited in credits so nope it’s not pre animated . The director himself is talking in tweets that he have the strongest team so yeah it’s the real deal .

damn hoping they can be consistent with that
Aug 5, 2022 4:54 AM
Jan 2022
trailer was awesome .
looking forward for CSM .
Aug 5, 2022 4:55 AM
Feb 2021
I am simping for the trailer itself. CHAINSAWMAN FOR ANIME OF THE Year and I calling for it now
Call it copium, cap or whatever you want and I won't change my fucking mind
Aug 5, 2022 5:00 AM
Apr 2015
ABSOLUTELY YES. it was a jaw dropping trailer i might say
Aug 5, 2022 5:01 AM

Mar 2020
DrkSeid69 said:
Cyrus234 said:

we cannot deny the fact that CSM had a good animation, but when the trailer showed a fight scene, the visual looks so flat. i'm going to edit this after the trailer officially comes out

So you thought visuals were mid?
Please find me an anime with better color design, I beg you
Aug 5, 2022 5:03 AM

Mar 2020
k11chi said:
DrkSeid69 said:

The OST isn't godly lol. This time it was very unnoticeable. I already made a thread a while ago voicing my thoughts on the soundtrack artist not really being my type as I don't really like synthesized music, but he can still redeem himself for the actual show. I hope he tones the techno style down at least.

Like this OST doesn't stand out at all right now compared to Bleach. Interesting.
https://twitter.com/Erick_Temoltzin/status/1543521326081654785

You’re right, it doesn’t stand out as much as Bleach’s cause it’s OST is hilarious
Aug 5, 2022 5:03 AM

Jul 2017
They absolutely nailed the animation, vibe, colors, sound, etc. Some of the shots looked a little more CG than I would like, but that’s totally understandable. Really amazing job, Mappa! 👍
Aug 5, 2022 5:05 AM

Oct 2021
deg said:
Atoferatofe said:

This is what yoshihara action director of Csm said I am participating as an action director, but there are so many strong key animators who do not need my supervision that they are in charge of the action. Look forward to OA!

I’m getting goosebumps after hearing that I mean just think animator’s who doesn’t even need corrections from action director are working in it lol some legendary people about to hear in actual episodes.
https://twitter.com/o_ihs_oy/status/1555518071938641921?s=21&t=fUswGFVIMyzHVfkiCO249A
Aug 5, 2022 5:07 AM
Aug 2021
to be honest, I'd prefer makima to be someone with a deeper voice. but the current one also slaps
Aug 5, 2022 5:07 AM

Oct 2021
Yuri_Niji said:
Few scene that looked a bit jank, for example the Fox Devil scene looked weird.

But man, it was beautifully well done, really good animation. Can’t wait for October

Fox devil isn’t cgi and kiyotaka oshiyama 2d deisgns are actually on the different side where animator’s can animate easily through devils with smears etc etc . Fox devil was perfect
Aug 5, 2022 5:13 AM

Feb 2021
It looks good but a lot of rotoscoping I notice. Some shot looks good, others it feels unnecessary. But that's just me.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Aug 5, 2022 5:15 AM

Feb 2021
Atoferatofe said:
deg said:

Apparently there is. Look at AoT final season trailer and the final product. They are different for the better or worse.

Aug 5, 2022 5:15 AM

Dec 2020
definitely what the fuck. animation is unreal. i cant believe we're getting this good quality for every part of the show? every minute every second. even the not so important and basic parts like ?? Damn mappa went off. it felt a little Too fluid for me though in some parts bc of the cgi but its fine, prob wont be a big deal when i actually watch it.

vas were perfect too. i imagined a deeper voice for makima but her soft and light tone is great too, i can so see it being rly menacing in certain scenes
Aug 5, 2022 5:17 AM

Jan 2009
Atoferatofe said:
deg said:

This is what yoshihara action director of Csm said I am participating as an action director, but there are so many strong key animators who do not need my supervision that they are in charge of the action. Look forward to OA!

I’m getting goosebumps after hearing that I mean just think animator’s who doesn’t even need corrections from action director are working in it lol some legendary people about to hear in actual episodes.
https://twitter.com/o_ihs_oy/status/1555518071938641921?s=21&t=fUswGFVIMyzHVfkiCO249A

ye true last year the sakuga community said a lot of talented animators want to work on the show

if it has less AD corrections then that can really help the cinematography like compositing
Aug 5, 2022 5:20 AM

Dec 2019
It looks amazing but I wish makima had a deeper voice tbh like others said
Aug 5, 2022 5:24 AM

Oct 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Atoferatofe said:

Apparently there is. Look at AoT final season trailer and the final product. They are different for the better or worse.

The Aot released on 1 pre animated trailer with different director so that’s why they had quality difference. Whereas chainsawman already released a pre animated trailer with series director himself directing the pv . Now this is the final trailer which shows the series final product infact you can clearly see many scenes were taken from first 4 episodes.
There never really was a 2 pre animated trailer for a single series so nope .
Aug 5, 2022 5:25 AM

Feb 2021
Atoferatofe said:
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

The Aot released on 1 pre animated trailer with different director so that’s why they had quality difference. Whereas chainsawman already released a pre animated trailer with series director himself directing the pv . Now this is the final trailer which shows the series final product infact you can clearly see many scenes were taken from first 4 episodes.
Oh okay. I hope the quality remains the same. Thanks for replying.

Aug 5, 2022 5:26 AM

Oct 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Atoferatofe said:

Oh okay. I hope the quality remains the same. Thanks for replying.

I also hope the quality remains . Your welcome ^^
Aug 5, 2022 5:32 AM

Mar 2021
Absolutely hate the VA lineup, the voices do not feel apropos at all, especially Makima with her such high pitched voice making her somewhat sound like a loli.
Aug 5, 2022 5:32 AM

Apr 2020
Hello, I'm here to make an unpopular comment and discuss how bad it looks like and it doesn't seem to fit my taste, but I would like to trash on it still.
Aug 5, 2022 5:35 AM

Nov 2020
It's very dynamic,some parts looked a little weird ,the scenes are probably from later episodes and the anime will make them look more polished. All the cuts from the first episode look perfect.
Best thing for me are the storyboards and of course, the Art direction, perfect.
Denji Cg model(?) is great and cg for the major part is very unnoticeable.
now,the compositing, is great but I always thought that the super clean style didn't fit the Fujimoto's rough style ,but this was expected since Ito and team was really trying to replicate how a Yamashita directed op/episode looks.

It was just a trailer hence we can't tell for sure but it seems that they're playing very safe here,I really wanted it to be something like MOB psycho but it feels like it's JJK but much better.
Oh well that's my only gripe overall, the trailer was amazing.
Very curious to see if they can keep the PV quality throughout the anime.
Aug 5, 2022 5:39 AM
Dec 2019
the VA cast is so weak lol, animation was good but can't top mid slayer and looks like they're using cg
Aug 5, 2022 5:42 AM
Apr 2020
really the animation did not exceed any expectation that mappa already had, the trailer could have been better but it will be seen in the anime if it really happens

As for the VA, they did exceed my expectations, I would say that they fit the characters very well (although Denji's bro could have done better it seems to me)
Aug 5, 2022 5:53 AM
Sep 2019
Bro It’s amazing
Aug 5, 2022 6:02 AM
May 2020
The trailer is everything I wanted, and more. Super cool to see Jolyene's VA as Power... also interesting to see what is new talent for Aki and Denji! Denji's VA killed it in the trailer! OST was sick, and the animation was so smooth i didn't even notice it was CG at first.. overall super hype and excited.. can october come sooner pls
Aug 5, 2022 6:04 AM

Oct 2021
Absolutely.

Animation has undoubtedly peaked today, we'll never get a show as amazing as Chainsaw Man ever again, MAPPA has assembled the greatest animators on earth to produce something never been seen before in the history of animation.
Aug 5, 2022 6:09 AM
Jun 2022
SokuDes said:
The trailer is everything I wanted, and more. Super cool to see Jolyene's VA as Power... also interesting to see what is new talent for Aki and Denji! Denji's VA killed it in the trailer! OST was sick, and the animation was so smooth i didn't even notice it was CG at first.. overall super hype and excited.. can october come sooner pls

there is no cg idk where everyone gets that from.
Aug 5, 2022 6:58 AM

Jul 2022
yeah the trailer is brilliant
MAPPA and the VAs are doing an amazing job
Aug 5, 2022 7:00 AM

May 2021
It didn't surpass them but it did meet them. It's not peak animation but it is very good.

Aug 5, 2022 7:07 AM
Jan 2021
Wished it looked a little more rough, a rough not so clean artstyle fits the insanity and wackiness of csm more, but still it was great in terms of every other aspect...
Aug 5, 2022 7:36 AM
Jan 2020
I wouldn't say surpass all expectations but it was a pretty fantastic trailer. Ai Fairouz as Power is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Makima's voice threw me off but I have no doubt that it'll grow on me when I see more.
Aug 5, 2022 7:48 AM

Dec 2020
Love the Shingo Yamashita vibes,this is really like the JJK opening but as a whole series.
I was expecting great things from Takeda but he really blew all my expectations with the art direction.

The 2d-3d blending is pretty great,they even added smears to make it more like 2d.
but it was noticable in some parts
Both 3d directors are very talented,(CG director of SNK final 4 part 2 and Dorohedoro) so I'm expecting great things.
Aug 5, 2022 8:08 AM
Sep 2020
Hentai_heaven said:
the VA cast is so weak lol, animation was good but can't top mid slayer and looks like they're using cg
weak why?? Because your dumb ass dont know their past roles and doesnt imediatly recognize them?? And please explain to me how the fuck can you get things so wrong with just one setence?? This must be bait but i will still fall for it and throw facts to your face. Fucking mid slayer like you called it has more cgi than 2d drawings in each season each movie each episode each frame of its fucking anime. They literally use cgi for the backgrounds for the characters special attacks and in the composition just like chainsaw man is going to do so go hang your bait elsewhere fucking troll bot account.
Aug 5, 2022 8:13 AM
Sep 2020
DrkSeid69 said:
Cyrus234 said:

this is what i mean "flat visual"

the coloring looks flat as hell, i hope they fix this
i do agree with you there but it might still get worked on and become a bit more polished plus as i assume you would know its quite common for that to happen even in productions like one punch man or mob because you have such difficult character designs that they simplify the art in the actions scenes to at least be consistent especially if you have action as dynamic as csm seems to have
Aug 5, 2022 8:15 AM
Sep 2020
k11chi said:
That trailer took all of animation world to the next level. That is the consistent quality of Chainsaw Man. That is...................................... unbelievable.

The next era of anime starts now.

You mentioned surpassed all ?
Then not really i would say 7/10
Animation wise not really ,but the nailed the music and choreograph,still need to work on the fights

The music exceeded my expectations ,literally Better than what i thought

So far it is looking great
Aug 5, 2022 8:19 AM
Sep 2020
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
It looks good but a lot of rotoscoping I notice. Some shot looks good, others it feels unnecessary. But that's just me.
there is no rotoscope as far as i can tell we simply have more detailed and "heavy" animation the movements seem more human and natural because they have more weight to them i would assume one of the scenes you say has rotoscope is the opening scene with makima and the henchman walking but it isnt as it is most likely one of niinuma's cuts in the anime he is one of the best character acting animators working and does scenes that look godly natural and with lots of weight search a bit if you need to understand what i am saying
Aug 5, 2022 8:20 AM
Sep 2020
iLuvCoffee said:
Absolutely hate the VA lineup, the voices do not feel apropos at all, especially Makima with her such high pitched voice making her somewhat sound like a loli.
its ok dude no need to sweat about it
Aug 5, 2022 8:27 AM
Dec 2019
Fa5P said:
Hentai_heaven said:
weak why?? Because your dumb ass dont know their past roles and doesnt imediatly recognize them?? And please explain to me how the fuck can you get things so wrong with just one setence?? This must be bait but i will still fall for it and throw facts to your face. Fucking mid slayer like you called it has more cgi than 2d drawings in each season each movie each episode each frame of its fucking anime. They literally use cgi for the backgrounds for the characters special attacks and in the composition just like chainsaw man is going to do so go hang your bait elsewhere fucking troll bot account.
oh did I offend you kiddo.first learn how to string words before replying.
First who the fuck said midslayer doesn't use cg, I'm well aware of that, the reason it looks good is because they cleverly use it during night time, that's why all good fights of midslayer is during night.
Coming to VA makima sounds like a loli and denji's look weak, it's not my fault if you're deaf. The Cg looked jarring in some shots and it's not my fault if you're blind. The plot of csm is below average, So it needs make up for it with fight scenes or it will be midslayer 2.0
Aug 5, 2022 8:28 AM
Sep 2020
Pio_neer said:
It's very dynamic,some parts looked a little weird ,the scenes are probably from later episodes and the anime will make them look more polished. All the cuts from the first episode look perfect.
Best thing for me are the storyboards and of course, the Art direction, perfect.
Denji Cg model(?) is great and cg for the major part is very unnoticeable.
now,the compositing, is great but I always thought that the super clean style didn't fit the Fujimoto's rough style ,but this was expected since Ito and team was really trying to replicate how a Yamashita directed op/episode looks.

It was just a trailer hence we can't tell for sure but it seems that they're playing very safe here,I really wanted it to be something like MOB psycho but it feels like it's JJK but much better.
Oh well that's my only gripe overall, the trailer was amazing.
Very curious to see if they can keep the PV quality throughout the anime.
i also wanted a bit more of personality in the show like mob and as you say i was expecting something shaft like with lots of colour and what not before watching last year's pv but the style they are going with maked sense with what we know now i mean there will be basically no censorchip so we can see red blood as much as we want one of the thing people point out is that the coulored version of the manga as a lot of colour and blood that is blue or green and stuf but part of the reaon for fugimoto doing things like that is censorchip he simply couldnt expose gore and what not in the cover and pages of a weekly shounen jump manga so he went whith a more original and bold aproach which i love but coming back to the anime they will not have to censor gore so they dont need those crazy colours for blood and stuff the world of chainsaw man is also pretty realistic with cities and mundane live so a realistic look to the art and photography really makes sense in the end plus its all up to nakayama the director and he wanted to head this directon with the anime so lets see what they cook for us
Aug 5, 2022 8:38 AM
Sep 2020
Hentai_heaven said:
Fa5P said:
First who the fuck said midslayer doesn't use cg, I'm well aware of that, the reason it looks good is because they cleverly use it during night time, that's why all good fights of midslayer is during night.
Coming to VA makima sounds like a loli and denji's look weak, it's not my fault if you're deaf. The Cg looked jarring in some shots and it's not my fault if you're blind. The plot of csm is below average, So it needs make up for it with fight scenes or it will be midslayer 2.0
omg you are so intelligent i envy you so much i admit i was agressive without needing but you came here to simply hate a product that looks very good without a specific reasoning but now that you have explained it i can understand your point see not difficult. Funnily enough the only time the cgi is noticeable and it is only if you paused it there is at night while fighting the demon in that storage building so cant reaaly see where you are trying to go each to their own but i enjoyed everyones voice and i am eager to hear more before hammering in my decision even if they are not known (when you say weak the idea you give is that it is bad that they are less know people) and again you liking the storie doesnt mean anything to me but you basically saying that the only thing you look forward to this show for is animation and you shit on specifically that after a trailer as good as that just shows that you already decided to not like the anime without even giving it a FAIR chance
Aug 5, 2022 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
Hell ya it did. The anime looks pretty much just as good as the pre-animated preview!
Aug 5, 2022 8:43 AM
May 2019
It met all expectations and blew them away. I love the voice cast, they fit each character really well and they are not really well known, I love to see mappa giving some fresh faces a chance to voice characters from the most anticipated anime of 2022. Also Makima's voice kinda surprised me, but considering her character, abilities and overall personality, I think it fits her really well, imo.
Aug 5, 2022 8:49 AM
May 2019
Hentai_heaven said:

Why is the cast weak? They fit the characters really well and in the trailer no cgi was even visable? all the devils were hand drawn and chainsaw man was too. It could of course just be preanimated, but for now this looks incredible.
Aug 5, 2022 8:52 AM
Dec 2019
Fa5P said:
Hentai_heaven said:
omg you are so intelligent i envy you so much i admit i was agressive without needing but you came here to simply hate a product that looks very good without a specific reasoning but now that you have explained it i can understand your point see not difficult. Funnily enough the only time the cgi is noticeable and it is only if you paused it there is at night while fighting the demon in that storage building so cant reaaly see where you are trying to go each to their own but i enjoyed everyones voice and i am eager to hear more before hammering in my decision even if they are not known (when you say weak the idea you give is that it is bad that they are less know people) and again you liking the storie doesnt mean anything to me but you basically saying that the only thing you look forward to this show for is animation and you shit on specifically that after a trailer as good as that just shows that you already decided to not like the anime without even giving it a FAIR chance
what do you mean without giving a chance? Bruh I've read the manga, so the only thing I care is animation.the manga art is good and i want the adaptation to do justice.
Aug 5, 2022 9:01 AM

Dec 2019
It ain't a peak level trailer but it's pretty good (especially the compositions), wish the anime had a more unique looking artstyle though. Will also need time to get used to them voices since it didn't feel right for me hearing them the first time.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.