Forums
New
Pages (22) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2022 9:07 PM

May 2020
dragonmade said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

Booker & Bam are off the table here.
Someone like Derozan or Lavine sign & trade couldve work.
Fred Vanvleet instead of Siakam & some role players wouldve work.
Any other realistic big names i can throw in???
If i were the Nets, young guns & picks.
Bunch of young role players or a young star with picks.
Not to mention, we have many trade assets at this point.

Im pretty sure this entire shit will take awhile but atleast this will go down this offseason.

I'm interested at what their end game is here. They might not even know right now. I kinda doubt it's a full rebuild. They still have Kyrie and Simmons (for now), I don't see them attempting to tank.

I just don't see any really good team including an all-star. Why would you? The point is to add Durant to what you already have. The Jazz with Gobert could've probably had an opportunity with a big name being sent in a trade, but again, Durant wouldn't want to be there.

Bulls trading Lavine makes some sense. He just doesn't move the needle like Durant does, but you can't lose him for nothing with no better option, so they had to re-sign him. It'd be dirty to then trade him for Durant, but he's a good player in his prime. If the Bulls would do that, that'd probably be the best offer the Nets would get, but they aren't gonna do that.

Maybe Miami features Herro and gets Robinson back on track to boost their value and get the deal done early in the season.

^^Im sure the sole reason why Ben & Drew are not traded yet is bcoz KD didnt move yet.
So trading for him without losing your biggest name in the roster.
If i cant get a young star, ill go full rebuild if i were the Nets.
Being in a middle of the pack team is worse than being a rebuilding team.

Memphis???
Pelicans???
Heat???
Suns with Ayton???
Warriors???
Sixers???
Miami???
Boston with Brown???
Lakers with AD/Westbrook trade???
I doubt the Nuggets will pull it off though.
Same goes with the Mavs.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jul 1, 2022 9:28 PM

Jun 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:

^^Im sure the sole reason why Ben & Drew are not traded yet is bcoz KD didnt move yet.

Memphis???
Pelicans???
Heat???
Suns with Ayton???
Warriors???
Sixers???
Miami???
Boston with Brown???
Same goes with the Mavs.

Boston did really well for themselves. They're big winners in that Brogdon trade, and then signing Gallinari is big. I initially scoffed when I read Brown for Durant, but maybe he's the piece that puts it over the top with that lineup.

Brown, Derrick White, and picks would be clearly the best package they're going to get. Celtics just went to the finals though, do they really want to mess with their core? The moves they made on the periphery just today bolstered them quite significantly, they definitely got better already.

If the Suns get involved, it'll probably cost them Ayton and Bridges. They don't have anything worthwhile that can match salaries after that. Lose those two, and that doesn't look like nearly as good a team. Is CP, Book, and Durant with a decimated supporting cast good enough?

Otherwise, yeah, I still think it's Miami and Philly from your list who would have a reasonable shot.
Jul 1, 2022 10:00 PM

Sep 2019
Some of these trades look good on paper but we'll see how they pan out at the start of the season. Anyway I'm not a basketball nerd, so I can't wait till this off-season is over lol.
Jul 1, 2022 10:09 PM

May 2020
dragonmade said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

Memphis???
Pelicans???
Heat???
Suns with Ayton???
Warriors???
Sixers???
Miami???
Boston with Brown???
Same goes with the Mavs.

Boston did really well for themselves. They're big winners in that Brogdon trade, and then signing Gallinari is big. I initially scoffed when I read Brown for Durant, but maybe he's the piece that puts it over the top with that lineup.

Brown, Derrick White, and picks would be clearly the best package they're going to get. Celtics just went to the finals though, do they really want to mess with their core? The moves they made on the periphery just today bolstered them quite significantly, they definitely got better already.

If the Suns get involved, it'll probably cost them Ayton and Bridges. They don't have anything worthwhile that can match salaries after that. Lose those two, and that doesn't look like nearly as good a team. Is CP, Book, and Durant with a decimated supporting cast good enough?

Otherwise, yeah, I still think it's Miami and Philly from your list who would have a reasonable shot.

If i were Boston, i would not throw Brown.

Suns with Ayton & Bridges for sure + no names.
The bench in the other hand.

Cavs with Isaac Okoro, Jarett Allen & 4 to 5 picks.

Portland with Anfernee Simmons & Josh Hart with picks.

Any other names/teams i miss???

Jul 1, 2022 10:27 PM

Jun 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:

That Portland one actually looks pretty realistic to me.

Clippers could likely put together a pretty deep package of Mann, Kennard, and Powell. May have to add another player for salary matching, which gives up a lot of depth, but the big three of Durant, Kawhi, and Paul George is pretty damn imposing.
Jul 1, 2022 10:31 PM

May 2020
dragonmade said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

That Portland one actually looks pretty realistic to me.

Clippers could likely put together a pretty deep package of Mann, Kennard, and Powell. May have to add another player for salary matching, which gives up a lot of depth, but the big three of Durant, Kawhi, and Paul George is pretty damn imposing.

^^Their abundance of guards should be the one traded.
Like one or two between Reggie, Coffey & Boston Jr, + Mann/Powell/Kennard.
You can probably throw in Ibaka there.

Jul 1, 2022 10:35 PM

Jun 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:

^^Their abundance of guards should be the one traded.
Like one or two between Reggie, Coffey & Boston Jr, + Mann/Powell/Kennard.
You can probably throw in Ibaka there.

They traded Ibaka to the Bucks midseason. I should know, I'm a Bucks fan, and it ended up being a total waste, haha.

I'd say Mann, Powell, Kennard, and Morris (and picks) for Durant and Cam Thomas. That way LA still has a legit starting point guard with Jackson, and you at least get a solid bench piece back in Thomas, and you still have Covington, so not totally depleted depth-wise.
Jul 1, 2022 10:40 PM

May 2020
dragonmade said:

They traded Ibaka to the Bucks midseason. I should know, I'm a Bucks fan, and it ended up being a total waste, haha.

I'd say Mann, Powell, Kennard, and Morris (and picks) for Durant and Cam Thomas. That way LA still has a legit starting point guard with Jackson, and you at least get a solid bench piece back in Thomas, and you still have Covington, so not totally depleted depth-wise.

^^
-John Wall has agreed to a two-year, $13 million deal with the Clippers

When i said they have an overabundance of guards, they really do have an overabundance of guards.
Probably keep one between Kennard & Powell.
Other than that,
Yeah!!!
Sounds decent.

Ibaka has been shit since he left Toronto.

Jul 1, 2022 10:42 PM

Jun 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:
dragonmade said:

^^
-John Wall has agreed to a two-year, $13 million deal with the Clippers

When i said they have an overabundance of guards, they really do have an overabundance of guards.
Probably keep one between Kennard & Powell.
Other than that,
Yeah!!!
Sounds decent.

Oh, duh, forgot about Wall.

Damn, yeah, if I was the Clippers, I'd make the call. I think they'd be able to put together a really nice haul, and come out looking like a total juggernaut while still having plenty of depth.
Jul 1, 2022 11:04 PM

May 2020
dragonmade said:

Oh, duh, forgot about Wall.

Damn, yeah, if I was the Clippers, I'd make the call. I think they'd be able to put together a really nice haul, and come out looking like a total juggernaut while still having plenty of depth.

Atlanta with Collins, Hunter or Capela or something.

Wizards is a meh unless a sign & trade from Beal???
Still meh!!!

Hornets with a sign & trade with Bridges, Rozier, & PJ + picks.

Probably ive mentioned every team possible now.

Jul 2, 2022 1:57 AM

Aug 2014
Screw timezones and work for always replying more than a couple hours later xD

@Hitagi__Furude

Welp, let's get the things before the Gobert trade out of the way first. If Beal only wants the money, hope I don't see any more pity-narratives that like in 2020-2021 when he ended up an all-star starter as he was legit frustrated with his team going nowhere xD Screw that kind of dishonesty lol

Lillard was not gonna get traded anyhow when he got hurt and Simons emerged, the management was openly promising to try and get some guys around him and wanted from Dame to give them his trust. So all of this was always about him still. And now they'll have to try and make it work a little while longer.

And anyway, just as I was saying the other day that Atlanta didn't give any of their scoring potential, they give away Huerter for a pick and two dudes who aren't much in any team's rotation seriously.

Brogdon to the Celtics is nice. Is he the ultimate missing piece idk, but it's a decent trade. Especially considering that their finals opponent's bench depth is thinning out this offseason lol.

The Nets drama is spicy, but KD trade speculations don't really interest me ngl. His preferred destinations are either Miami or Phoenix, but even if he ends up somewhere else, that's gonna gut punch depth and fundamentally change teams and I'm just hoping that doesn't happen to someone I like xD Heck, I wouldn't want that to Miami, either.

Now, as for Gobert to the Wolves. I feel almost the same way about it as with Dejounte to the Hawks. Something that adresses certain things about the team's key player, but could end up an awkward fit. Only now one team had to give a lot more. I don't mind Malik Beasley or Beverley, one was getting less and less minutes and the other was planning to move elsewhere anyway I think, losing a hustle guy like Vanderbilt is made up for with Rudy, but that's a lot of picks. I mean, if they just kinda playoff contend, they're not gonna matter that much, but they're still locked in with this. So they will have to be serious and figure shit out.
KAT is gonna move to the 4 which is alright really, could work better as a help defender to Gobert's paint presence and Towns' at least alright on perimeter D, he isn't really slow and throwing a big body like that up high is enough pressure as is. PnR situations looking more flexible for D'Lo even if Rudy has butter fingers sometimes. McDaniels could step up a bit on D too and he has more offense and potential around it than Vanderbilt, rebounding is going to be taken care of elsewhere. It could end up really awkward, but it could also end up really interesting. It has potential.

What's wild tho is this may not even be the only time Gobert gets paired up with a great offensive center in the NBA, Embiid applied for French citizenship and got it and EuroBasket is coming up, France might look wack lol.
Jul 2, 2022 5:18 AM

May 2020
@Poltergeist18

I really dunno what Beal is up to here besides the money,
Dude is really pulling a John Wall on his team.
& yeah, you are right about that pity thing.
That shit got worse looking back now.
Considering both Harden or Tatum should have start on that spot.

So what do you think is the missing pieces in this team then???
Since they got Jerami Grant now.
They have 3 shotmakers now
& they just resigned Nurk.
Bench???
Honestly, now looking at their roster,
They need atleast 1 or 2 more defensive players there.
Dont take my word though,
I barely watched any Blazers game last season.

Them trading Huerter is just pure cap space reasons.
2 guards + Bogdanovic + A mixup between Capela, Hunter, Collins as their starting lineup.
These dudes have been experimenting on Trae having a 2nd option like Cam Reddish a year before, Huerter & now they got a good 2nd option with them.

The Brogdon trade sounds so good in paper not bcoz they need a true PG, but they just need more catch & shoot guys or someone who can keep the offense running besides Tatum & Brown.
The problem, how many games did he play last year???

What do you expect???
Sure he is not young.
But this is KD we are talking about.
Either you trade a 3rd or 4th of your roster if you dont have a star.
& if you are a contending team,
You find ways to try to get him while not changing your team much.
Or trading your 2nd best player for him.
& i dont think Miami has enough assets to trade him.
Sure, if we assume they trade Herro & a bunch of no names.
Their bench will probably be empty.
& no, i dont think the Heat will trade Bam.

& for this Gobert stuff,
EZ mismatch when you force KAT on the 4.
Either on defense or offense.
Force a wing against him.
Or a stretch 4 maybe even a stretch 5.
& again.
I do think this team will have the same problem that Jazz have in the defensive end.
Atleast they have better offensive options than the Jazz have.
& expect, a halfcourt offense almost all game for this team.

Jul 3, 2022 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
@Hitagi__Furude

I mean, it's not like he's gonna go out of his way to slip in a bathtub and risk foot amputations, Wall didn't do it on purpose either. But ye, idk with the Wizards either.

A starting 4 that could do a little bit of everything and one more decent defender could help the Blazers, I guess. For the former, someone like... Robert Covington xD
I mean, I tuned out of Blazers games the more the season went on, too, there wasn't a lot going for them. Simons stepping up was cool, Nasir Little showing promise was also ok, but with him I wonder when will he play more than just half a season. Player development seems erratic and there's never enough depth with the Blazers.

Ye, me not following cap space enough shows up again lol
And idk, they kept the streakier guard in Bogdanovic over Huerter even if Bogdan has a bit more going for him. He's always good when he plays for my country at least, but rip, can't count on him this year.

I mean, that's kinda what I expect how it's gonna be with Brogdon on the team and that's alright. And sure, he did play just less than half a season in this last one, but it doesn't hurt to be optimistic. Injury bug can't bite all the time, right? Riiight? xD

I mean, for me, it's precisely because it's KD we're talking about. I don't hold attachment for any teams in ways that people that live where these teams are situated do, meaning that I don't really hold the mentality of "my hometown team winning at any cost" so I don't like seeing things I dig broken up. Especially if it comes with superstars that warp teams in ways I just can't appreciate and with mentalities that just might set franchises back for years if they decide to do so, no matter how good they are. It's good that Brooklyn can trade him so they can have some return at the end of the day.
And you can find ways to trade him without changing things much, but it's not gonna happen probably. The Harden trade to the Nets involved multiple teams and moved a lot of stuff, god knows what's gonna happen in a KD trade.

I don't feel the Wolves are gonna have the same issue as much. Their defensive rotations this last season were just better even with far from perfect pieces for that to happen on the whole. Sure, playoff inexperience yadda yadda, but they can get better now. They were a top ten defense at one point last season and they still finished far from the bottom in defensive rating which is pretty alright considering they were at the bottom for seasons.
Guys around KAT rotated better than the Jazz did around Gobert, I'd give the Wolves a chance. Hopefully they don't blow it tho lmao
And sure, the halfcourt offense thing makes sense. Their pace is gonna be, uh, something xD They even signed Anderson known for his slow-breaks
Jul 3, 2022 2:54 PM

Jan 2009
my Bulls made a good move signing a veteran guard that is Goran Dragic but that means Coby White is as good as gone he will be traded soon
Jul 4, 2022 8:43 AM

May 2020
@Poltergeist18

Wizards being Wizards i guess.
Its better to be a rebuilding team than a middle of the pack team.
(picks, experimentation, cap space, etc)

Is it just me or Huerter & Bogdan are the same player???

Roco huh!!!
I love that joke!!!
Hahahaha!!!
Also, when will this team release Bledsoe???
Little can be a good sparker off the bench.
Deadly on closeouts & athletic & strong for his size.
Can be a good rim protector.
I can see the potential.
Dude is still too raw if you ask me.

Stop making me laugh!!!
Also, Stop calling it.
& its just not ordinary either.
This is ACL we are talking about.
& people still wonder why others think this was a questionable trade.
Now, or soon theyll know why.

Same, hence why im able to be unbiased & able to talk about trade deals.
(& also this maybe off topic but besides you knowing your stuff, i find it fun talking to you about ball since you have an idea about other teams. IRL, most "fans" i met are just Lakers or Lebron/Nets/Warriors fans. & its been like that eversince i was a kid. ITS TIRING AF.)

Especially if it comes with superstars that warp teams in ways I just can't appreciate and with mentalities that just might set franchises back for years if they decide to do so, no matter how good they are.

^^Nets then & now.
There are just teams that are just desperate.
I mean Toronto in Kawhi is an example.
Good luck having little to no big changes when wanting to have KD in your roster!!!

Really???
I hope the rotations on defense or trapping remains the same here.
Sure, Edwards has the potential to become a great defender but they lost some wing defenders bcoz of him.
& im not just talking about the Jazz awful wings,
Im talking about a team that is pulling a Mavs or Clippers against them.
Now you have 2 centers on the floor.
Ill pull a Mavs/Clippers.
What are you gonna do if you are the Timberwolves???
Also, another question.
How will KAT handle his offense with Gobert now???
He is like Ben without the ball when Joel is busy doing his moves.
Halfcourt is actually so advantageous especially in the playoffs.

Any other comments you have on other teams regarding free agency & the changes bcoz of the signings or trades???
Hitagi__FurudeJul 4, 2022 9:04 AM

Jul 5, 2022 1:58 AM

May 2020
deg said:
my Bulls made a good move signing a veteran guard that is Goran Dragic but that means Coby White is as good as gone he will be traded soon

Dragic + Bulls.

Ill never forget that iconic poster.

Jul 5, 2022 3:19 AM

Aug 2014
@Hitagi__Furude

I'd like to say Bogdan is a better passer and holds his own when players try to back him down in the post better so a somewhat more alright defender, but even that with all else about his skillset could be attributed to a few more years of experience, I guess. He played in a couple of different circumstances other than the NBA and was even the top scorer in the FIBA World Cup 2019 (where sure, USA brought probably its worst roster in a while, but even then there were guys that score way more than him in the NBA).

The Covington thing is a joke, but now that they actually got some more defenders around, he could gel it further but moves were madee
And dude, every younger player on the Blazers feels so raw even with increased opportunities until some random brainfart in their head has them click and then it's like "oh, that boy actually ballin". At least it feels like there's no rhyme or reason in the way guys develop on this team lol.

I don't want to call it, but if it happens, Boston can pull back to the lineups they already had, they didn't give anything too meaningful in the trade so the damage can be controlled if the situation goes to shit.

I mean, it's kinda normal that the biggest number of people always flock to the most popular part of the media they consume. People like to be in on the biggest thing and keep it simple like that for them. I just like to be involved bc I don't want to call out players the way other people do as they borrow their opinions from media when I literally watch some of these games guys get buttblasted about like it's all them when it's not that simple. I also like to be involved bc a friend of mine is a basketball coach and I used to visit a lot of his summer practices with the kids he lead and even some matches.
When I like something, I get enjoyment out of analysing if I can and being informed, I guess lol.

And yeah, some teams are desperate and that makes sense, don't mean it won't change my opinion on them still haha

I mean, in a situation they try to run Gobert off the floor, KAT just moves back to the center spot and the shooting just becomes stronger while a big guy remains. You make your amends with defending shit, but in that situation it's about closing out what you can to some extent at least. And even with Gobert on the floor (or with any good defensive big for that matter), it still is about rotating as much as you can with your other dudes if your big gets pulled out of the paint. Switching, closing out, timing traps, something this team could do and could at least try to do again. It is still two bigs, but there're some workable compromises for offense and defense.
I mean, as far as how will KAT get his offense, it's not like he can't spot up, but if Gobert's going to be used as a screen setter anyhow and roll and they won't post him up and give him the ball, KAT won't lose that much usage imo.

Idk, nothing comes to mind at the moment, but I'll be sure to leave a comment if I think about something
Jul 5, 2022 3:54 AM

Jan 2009
Hitagi__Furude said:
deg said:

Dragic + Bulls.

yep its prime drose stuff material hahaha
Jul 5, 2022 7:21 AM

May 2020
deg said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

Dragic + Bulls.

yep its prime drose stuff material hahaha

I heard that the dude is gonna wear number 1 in his jersey,

NO!!!
JUST NOPE.

If he indeed is gonna wear #1,
The dude still somehow didnt get the memo years later.
Hitagi__FurudeJul 5, 2022 7:56 AM

Jul 5, 2022 12:03 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Boston now has the best team in the east..
Milwaukee has the 2nd best...

And dur-superteam is in a mess...i wonder if they still want boston.

Jul 7, 2022 4:37 AM

May 2020
@Poltergeist18

I already heard Bogdanovic's name before he entered the Hawks,
If my memory serves me right, he hit a gamewinner atleast once in Sacramento.
His name alone is a bit known outside the NBA due to his outside experience.
While Huerter in the other hand, i didnt hear his name that much until he outplayed Ben.

Such a wildcard of a team here.
Not sure if they are rebuilding or pretending or contending.
A balance of young guns & veterans.
They have the time to experiment their young players at the same time they dont.(Since Lillard is getting up there in age.)
They are what you literally called the middle of the pack in a very fast developing & strong Western Conference.
I mean unless if you are a young upcoming team or a contending team or a rebuilding team, then you have a decent direction for a Western Team.
Hence why the Spurs traded Murray & go full rebuild.
I mean, i can name 7 to 9 teams that are gonna be a problem for the next few years.
GS will probably win a championship for 2 or 3 more years.
LA Clippers will be a problem if healthy.
Suns is still a problem if they run it back.
Lakers if they somehow get their shit together.
Memphis is a young upcoming team led by Rose.
Pelicans is also a young upcoming team, they gave the Suns some problems without Zion at that.
Timberwolves are also a young upcoming team with an adjusted roster.
Denver is still a problem with Jokic & if Murray & MPJ are healthy.
& Ofc, Luka & the Mavs.

Now looking back on this trade,
They kinda gave a lot here despite most of the players they gave are out of the rotation.
The problem here, they dont have a backup center now.
Still a 50/50 trade for me.

IKR, I remember many people blaming Rudy on why the Jazz suck & hence why they assume he was traded but when you watch the games, you know its not mostly the case.
No wonder why you know your stuff,
You actually enter some real ballin communities.
& im here, just stuck on TV & net.
& yes, just like you, i prefer to watch analysis specifically plays on the court like what a coach does than highlights in youtube.(Bballbreakdown, Coach Daniel, Thinking Basketball<<<Can you recommend more channels for me???)
Its more fun for me to watch & analyze plays & understand team plays/blunders.
Which most fans wouldnt even dare to touch.

In offense though, we are gonna see alot of PNR or PNP with D'lo here.
Infact you can use him as a screener for KAT.
& luckily for him, KAT is a shooter & doesnt post up that much.
In the defense though, besides the Clippers or Mavs,
How are you gonna guard a straight Luka PNR here or forcing a switch with either the 2 of em???
Let alone, someone like Curry???
My problem with Gobert though is you are forced to build your team around him instead of being versatile when he is even not a superstar or franchise player or something.
He is too traditional of a center in this era & a one trick pony at that.
I really hope the defensive rotations of this team remains the same.

Can i ask a random question???
Whos worse???
Bubble Clippers???
Ben Sixers???
Suns???
& why???

PS- Luka really just destroyed 2 franchises in one playoff run.
Dude is such a badass.
Hitagi__FurudeJul 7, 2022 6:18 AM

Jul 7, 2022 6:23 PM

May 2020
https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/status/1545079152448917504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

^^The Nets have proposed a trade for the Timberwolves.

Nets get: KAT, Anthony Edwards & 4 Picks.

Timberwolves get: KD

The Timberwolves declined

Via Chris Haynes.

Ofc, ill decline if i were the Timberwolves.
The Gobert trade is already risky enough & now ill throw my future for KD???
No Thanks!!!

Jul 7, 2022 6:25 PM

Jan 2009
lol at the Nets they will retain KD and Kyrie at this point
Jul 7, 2022 6:31 PM

May 2020
deg said:

As what i already said, this will take awhile.

But i do believe he will be traded before the season begins.

The problem with this KD trade, you need to follow these conditions:

1. KD can only go to a contending team
2. If you want KD, you must have remaining assets enough after the trade.

Only the Raptors & a straight Lebron/KD swap is the viable option here for now if you ask me.

Jul 7, 2022 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
Hitagi__Furude said:
deg said:

Only the Raptors & a straight Lebron/KD swap is the viable option here for now if you ask me.

ah ye i heard about the Raptors and apparently KD also is willing to be traded to the Raptors
Jul 7, 2022 7:38 PM

Jun 2022
deg said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

ah ye i heard about the Raptors and apparently KD also is willing to be traded to the Raptors

Reportedly, they don't want to give up Barnes in the deal, which currently makes it a non-starter.

All teams are waiting for the Nets to drop their price tag. I feel they've got to eventually. Just having Durant sit being a brat and a cancer in the locker room isn't a good thing for longer than it needs to be.
Jul 7, 2022 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
dragonmade said:
deg said:

Reportedly, they don't want to give up Barnes in the deal, which currently makes it a non-starter.

All teams are waiting for the Nets to drop their price tag. I feel they've got to eventually. Just having Durant sit being a brat and a cancer in the locker room isn't a good thing for longer than it needs to be.

the NETS should just get one superstar for KD then the rest will be some future draft picks and be done with it imo
Jul 7, 2022 7:42 PM

May 2020
dragonmade said:
deg said:

^^They couldve had pull a Kawhi on this one but this is not Kawhi we are talking about hence why i understand the Raptors decision on Barnes.

Jul 7, 2022 7:53 PM

Jun 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:

^^They couldve had pull a Kawhi on this one but this is not Kawhi we are talking about hence why i understand the Raptors decision on Barnes.

It IS Kawhi in the sense that it's a superstar on almost assuredly a one-year rental who could lead them to a title.

I don't think Durant with that team gets them past my Bucks, though.
Jul 8, 2022 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
Lillard got paid https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1545517674704211968

and Harden took a pay cut i do not know if his new contract is 15 million less or that he literally will take 15 million dollars only https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1545484220377604096
Jul 8, 2022 7:43 PM

May 2020
deg said:
Lillard got paid https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1545517674704211968

and Harden took a pay cut i do not know if his new contract is 15 million less or that he literally will take 15 million dollars only https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1545484220377604096

Dame just wants money & loyalty at this point.

Harden took a paycut of 15 million.
Instead of having 47 million a year, he instead will have 32 million.
I guess the Sixers are still making moves this offseason.

Jul 10, 2022 4:15 AM

Aug 2014
@Hitagi__Furude

I mean, idk about Huerter, European and Balkan basketball is a lot closer to me than the NCAA and stuff are so I naturally know a lot more about Bogdanovic. He played for my favorite home team.

And as for Portland's case, yeah it's a mix of veterans and young talent and that could work... if you're Golden State perhaps where your veterans can pull their weight well and a few younger guys can still help while your other younger projects get more time in subsequent seasons, but these are the Blazers so idk. It doesn't help that they got a fresh coach after sticking with Stotts for way too long anyhow.
And Lillard sure likes to get a fat bag for his loyalty. Like, I have a soft spot for the Blazers purely off of their jerseys being my favorite ones, but no one there really seriously helps the situation for the team to get actually great even if it is Portland meaning it's hard already to get people there. But they're making it harder for themselves on top of that.
I have my issues with athlete contracts in general, sheesh.

And yeah, the western conference finally might look dangerous again, though idk if the Warriors will necessarily be winning for the next few years. Their bench already took a hit this offseason and they're gonna have to look to their young guys getting better to push their core. But sure, they're still gonna be scary as they shown they can be.

Theis wasn't used as much the longer the playoffs went on, but I guess for the regular season they might miss resting the other bigs. I wouldn't call it a 50/50 unless Brogdon's just not healthy, it's more like 75/25 lol. It's still a move bringing something necessary on paper.

People don't stop yapping until players come and shut people up. It's all about the right situations that make what's great about certain players shine.
I mean, I wouldn't say I know my stuff that much, but I do like to get involved. It's either hooping 3-on-3 (not great, but I hustle a lot on defense xD), going to local basketball games, visiting my friend's practices and matches.
As for balling channels, I visit pretty much the same ones, there isn't as many channels that break down plays well. Daniel Li is the only one that isn't on your list and he doesn't really upload these days and when he did upload it was shorter videos that explain certain play-by-play situations. Thinking Basketball is probably the best imo.

I already mentioned D'Lo's PnR options, it's gonna be interesting to see how far that goes.
Tbh, not one player in the league can seriously contain the guys you mentioned one-on-one for the whole game, that's why they get pressured by multiple players and are crafty to deal with it or center their offense to exploit the gravity they have over opposing defenses. It's always gonna be a risk whatever you choose as your defensive game plan against these guys whatever combination of speed, size and strength you put against them whichever team you are, either let them beat you or let their team beat you. It's picking the lesser of the two evils imo.
And it's not as much as you paint it about Gobert, he can come up high, if he's not faster than his assignments he can still put some length out to reach a shot, but he's still very agile for a guy of his stature. There are not a whole lot of guys of that kind that can react the same way he can with his footwork against shifty players even if he might still get cooked. One of the rare guys with even better potential with a decent chunk of it already showing is Timelord. Rudy doesn't have to stick to the paint even if he is the most effective there, but your rotations need to accommodate for offenses that are gonna try to mix you up anyway.
We're only talking about the issue of "building around him" because the Jazz overpayed him so it becomes a thing of "we have to play him" and "we have to make it work" when it's "you don't have to absolutely always" and "it can still be made to work". Athletes' salaries and small fucking markets, I swear xD

If I have to choose one of those you mentioned, it's probably the Ben Sixers. We can talk easy runs and meltdowns, but Denver had things it could exploit against the Clips on the offensive end in Jokic (literally made them realize the problem of size that can actually guard talented big men), the Suns didn't face totally depleted teams and those team still had juice that on paper could pressure them on offense or defense. But the Ben Sixers? They faced the Wizards to melt down against the Hawks where they just had the size advantage for offense and defense on anyone that matters from Atlanta.
And they still fucked it up.

Yeah, Luka do be leaving teams in a mess.
Jul 10, 2022 4:20 AM

Jul 2022
Wtf..... ( holy shit i thought i love basketball.. These guys are on another level...)

Yo. Any news on KD trade....

( My la lakers are in a bad situation... We are fucked with westbrook.. Hope something happens....)
"A person who cannot give up anything, can change nothing."
Jul 10, 2022 4:28 AM

May 2020
PwnZ said:
Wtf..... ( holy shit i thought i love basketball.. These guys are on another level...)

Yo. Any news on KD trade....

( My la lakers are in a bad situation... We are fucked with westbrook.. Hope something happens....)

Dont worry bro, i tried to sound smart too but im actually not.

Its just i have an idea about other teams & not just focusing on one.

Also, I WILL LOSE HOPE WITH THE LAKERS IF WESTBROOK IS STILL IN THE TEAM.

Jul 10, 2022 4:33 AM

Jul 2022
Holy shit last season was so bad.... I feel like lebron should leave... Anthony 'injured' Davis... And wetbrook....

Hope something happens..

At this rate warriors will win again... They have that rookie center and he comes back from injury...

Portland did some good moves but it's not enough.. I think west will be insane.. They might not even make it..
Jul 11, 2022 11:48 PM

Jan 2009
Richard Jefferson is now a referee? wtf? will he help Lebron *nepotism*? lol https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1546701440932106241
Jul 14, 2022 7:09 PM

Jan 2009
As soon as the Suns received the four-year, $133M offer sheet, the franchise matched it. Deandre Ayton returns to Phoenix and can't be traded without his consent for a full year. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1547737806402834432

he stays
Jul 14, 2022 7:14 PM

May 2020
deg said:
As soon as the Suns received the four-year, $133M offer sheet, the franchise matched it. Deandre Ayton returns to Phoenix and can't be traded without his consent for a full year. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1547737806402834432

he stays

33 million after all of that???

Dude really is envious on Luka & Trae not to mention MPJ.

As for my comments, i think this will be harder for the Suns to trade him.
Also. He needs to prove that he deserves that money.
Bcoz at this point, he doesnt deserve it.

Jul 14, 2022 7:21 PM

Jan 2009
Hitagi__Furude said:
deg said:

he stays

agreed hopefully Ayton steps up his game and become worth that contract
Jul 14, 2022 7:30 PM

May 2020
deg said:
Hitagi__Furude said:

agreed hopefully Ayton steps up his game and become worth that contract

I think the Suns have 3 options that i can see here before this:

Sign & trade for Myles Turner but i dont think the Pacers will give up anything else since they cleared some salary dumps/space beforehand.

Sign & Trade for Capela which gives them more assets in a potential trade deal but it seems the Hawks dont want to give anything else.

& Gobert is out of the picture.

Or sign him bcoz you dont want to lose him for nothing.

Yep, Dude is literally stealing at this point.

& i literally forgot to read the no trade clause in his deal.

Therefore, Bye Bye KD maybe???
Hitagi__FurudeJul 14, 2022 7:48 PM

Jul 14, 2022 8:38 PM

May 2020
PROPOSED TRADE:

Brooklyn offered a Kevin Durant package to New Orleans:

Nets receive: Brandon Ingram, Larry Nance Jr., multiple first round picks

Pelicans receive: Kevin Durant

New Orleans DECLINED.

Via Brandon Scoop B Robinson

Source: https://twitter.com/OfficialNBABuzz/status/1547724324596895746/photo/1

If i were the Pelicans.
We still have time to develop & a good young core at that.
So nope.

Yeah!!!
KD staying i guess.
If thats the case, how will that team work next season???

Jul 14, 2022 8:55 PM

Jan 2009
Hitagi__Furude said:

Yeah!!!
KD staying i guess.
If thats the case, how will that team work next season???

Nets asking price for KD is just too much i guess
Jul 14, 2022 11:59 PM

May 2020
@Poltergeist18

Welp, no wonder why you know him alot & somehow got really disappointed by him for some reason.
Luckily for him, he is not the 2nd option for his team anymore & he can get away from the experiments the team is currently doing for years.
So hopefully by that, he or both of them can play better.
I dunno about NCAA stuff either.
All i know is that they made some impossible plays surprisingly more often than the NBA & Sweet 16 is sounds like a very hype yet risky format.

Im surprised that Stotts stayed for long too.
Dude should have been fired for like 4-5 yrs ago.
(That Pelicans 1st round sweep come to mind.)
Player development will likely not work if your team has no clear direction.
& that Lillard signing doesnt help them either & a low market team at that.(Atleast its not as bad as Beal though, but still...)
Speaking about contracts, what do you mean about having problem with athlete contracts???
Can you expound more on that???
Low market teams overpaying players for instance???

At first i was fine with Otto Porter leaving then a lot of names pop up a few days later with Toscano & Gary, & then potentially Bjelica.
Theres already a lot of signings going on & the only signings they did are Divicenzo & Looney.
I will not be surprised if somehow they ended up tired or out of gas come in the middle season or playoff time if they dont do something about their losses.
& if somehow KD ended up on this team, i dunno how will their bench look like.
Not to mention, the West will be much more interesting than it is now if somehow they will not make it.

As far as i remember, The Time Lord had injuries come playoff time in the 1st round.
They cant afford to lose him since he is their defensive anchor.
Ezly my favorite player in the Celtics too.
Im fine with them going with Brogdon but they need another big man.

Actually, there are still people that dont stop yapping regardless if they shut em up or not.
Getting involved is better overall & as a weeb you know it!!!
Be it ball or not!!!
But yeah!!!
Knowing, seeing, experiencing, & playing it first hand atleast will give you some knowledge & perspective on the game & on the players.
& just like you, i also hustled a lot in defense back when i was playing. Most of the time, im assigned on guarding the opponent's best player.(That was way back in high school though.)
We need more of those coaching vids since those things teaches you a lot of whats happening on the court & not just on stats/analytics/trivias.(i mean, can a player's gravity be mathematically, analytically recorded???) Rather than a channel like Flightmike or Korzemba or random commentary channels.
Maybe most of those coaches are in an NBA team probably.

So in other words, pray to the basketball gods that somehow they play bad or they got injured or not playing???
But again, thats an inevitability when you are a team whos what???
Likely a 2nd rounder in the playoffs when you obviously want more than that.
His footwork is actually decent for his size but still i think that is a limitation for him.
Luckily he is a good shotblocker & can contest well.
I think the Time Lord has better potential than him though since he can guard one through five.(I prefer versatility on a defender, especially in this 3 point era.)
Their wings are gonna be the question here now if they can cover up the Jazz' weaknesses despite losing their 2 best defenders.
You are forced to play him regardless of what happens & when he is shit you just cant sub him out when he is not tired.
Again back to contracts on small markets.
Now that you mentioned it, yeah i think its a problem.

Denver had mismatches on Jokic all series long.
Suns were lucky on their finals playoff run.
So were back to blaming Ben again???

Looking back on the roster, the Hawks had no reason winning whatsoever.(considering what happened to the Hawks last season.)
Also, the Sixers had the best player in the floor.
They also had 2 of the best defenders on their team in that series.

Speaking about Luka, I heard that the Knicks/Jazz have intense trade talks for Mitchell.
The proposed deal is:

Jazz receive: Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Quentin Grimes, Miles McBride, 6 First Round picks

Knicks receive: Donovan Mitchell

KNICKS declined

Source: The Athletic.

Ofc ill decline if i were the Knicks.
But considering this is the Knicks i can see em agreeing to this.
Hahahahahaha!!!
Also,
How many damn picks is that???

& Speaking about Luka again,
Ayton signed a 133 million 4 yr contract on the Suns.
STEALING RIGHT THERE FOR SURE!!!
Suns had it rough after the playoffs that now i feel bad for them.
Hitagi__FurudeJul 15, 2022 4:57 AM

Jul 15, 2022 5:01 AM

May 2020
PROPOSED TRADE:

Jazz receive: Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Quentin Grimes, Miles McBride, 6 First Round picks

Knicks receive: Donovan Mitchell

KNICKS declined

Ofc ill decline if i were the Knicks.
But considering this is the Knicks i can see em agreeing to this.
Hahahahahaha!!!
Also,
How many damn picks is that???

Might as well go for a sign & trade for Brunson if the Knicks want him lol.

Jul 15, 2022 5:08 AM

Jul 2022
.. No one would accept that... Donovan can't carry alone... He needs some other big guy...

I think jazz can't trade him right now... Maybe until deadline..

Suns fucked up recently tho... They lost ayton... But he isn't worth the max...

Oh ayton is staying... That's so bad for suns...
Jul 15, 2022 5:30 AM

May 2020
PwnZ said:
.. No one would accept that... Donovan can't carry alone... He needs some other big guy...

I think jazz can't trade him right now... Maybe until deadline..

Suns fucked up recently tho... They lost ayton... But he isn't worth the max...

Oh ayton is staying... That's so bad for suns...

If i were the Jazz, im gonna go for one more year to determine Mitchell's worth even if its a gamble.
But i want to trade the other pieces around him though.

Suns really have no choice here.

Dont get a deal & lose him for nothing.

OR finding suitable trade deals which the market can match which they failed to do.

Luka who is supposed to be their pick fucked them up so badly up to the point that somehow Ayton get a max.
Hahahahahaha!!!

Jul 19, 2022 2:19 AM

Aug 2014
@Hitagi__Furude

I got disappointed with Serbian players often in the latter half of the last decade xD Either for how they played for us or how they got used in World Cups, qualifiers for different levels of competition that fell through, how some of them responded to a chance to play for the country, how they decided to handle their careers between European and NBA basketball. There's a lot.
About Bogdanovic it's mostly getting drafted into Sacramento and rotting for a little while there and injuries compounding on his tendencies in performance in the last few seasons. I'm hoping he'll be fine.

What I do know about the NCAA is the decent betting odds to nab some money even without knowledge on it lmao. That and an acquaintance of the coach friend of mine talking about getting a chance to play some college basketball for a little while there and so he talked about practices and about the complexity of the plays they drill in to college level players really being on the side of kinda simple, particularly to the kind of plays that are in practice for highschool level players back over here where I'm at. Kinda coincides with JJ Redick talking in one of his podcasts (I think it was the 2nd KD one) about college-level basketball not moving past the 90s in terms of what kind of shit they put into practice.

The athletes contracts thing is low market teams overpaying, but it's also about professional athletes in general across different sports, too. I have issues with how much money is being thrown around, guys today are earning more than guys 10-15 years ago or even in a lesser time span and when adjusted for inflation at that. The notion of "securing the bag for himself and his family" gets thrown around at times. What kind of lifestyles do people have to lead for that kind of money to even be a very necessary and not an excess amount for anyone, honestly. The amount of money is bloated for the highest payed players.
And everyone buys into the notion that it's alright because someone first in line did it and the NBA and the player association made an agreement around circumstances of these contracts a few years ago. Someone decided on big money, the league allowed it and even tailored favoring circumstances, it dictated the market, erased good situations for small and mid market teams since everyone needs more money, even the players whose place in the rotation won't even be the highest. Everyone gets overpaid.

Role players demand more and if your money isn't already tied up in fat contracts over players who don't necessarily deserve it with proven track records like some rookie extension guy or whatever else, you still won't be getting enough help without smart trading and fleecing some schmuck GM out of some useful guys and picks. The rich get richer, the market dictates that players keep getting more while granted exceptions to teams for different circumstances, allotted cap spaces and growth potential on the business side for franchises don't get that much better. It's like getting hit with inflation yet your salary increase isn't proportionate given the circumstances so you still buy only less. Players got too much power over the years and it may be time for more specific clauses for different contract tiers and Silver has already started talking about limiting player movement given the KD situation, I assume.
It's the situation the bloated amounts of money create while there's no reason you couldn't leave a lavish lifestyle and also do something with the cash even with less. Messi had a 650m $ contract, for crying out loud. Like why? Does part of it go into an under-the-table agreement to launder someone's money? xD

The C's are gonna need another big man anyhow with Horford's age and performance coming into question over time. But yeah, Timelord got injured, but always kinda bounced back through the playoffs and the raw amount of athleticism the dude has really masks the fact that he might not have looked 100% at points in their playoff run.

Yeah, the Warriors lost bench depth not only for the regular season, but guys that also pulled their weight in the finals, too. I thought Bjelica was already a done deal for coming back to Europe tho, the dude came late into the league anyway and for a former Euroleague MVP, got bounced around after some chances and minutes into situations where he had to make the most of the little windows he was given. Even if it's not already a done deal, he has plenty of reasons to bounce as a veteran idk.
Divincenzo's at least something in any case, not to mention keeping Looney. Let's see if the Kum Bucket and Moody are worth anything if they don't make any more signings which they don't have that much room for anyway lol.

I mean, I never got that much involved as an animanga dude with the community and only watch anything every 10-11 month these last few years, but I understand haha.
I was never assigned guys, but I just always helped out if I saw a chance and took it upon me, it's kinda what I had to put effort into since I could never shoot well lmao.
Yeah, there are a lot of guys caught up in talking narratives. And it's probably true that some of them got jobs in the NBA even, Coach Daniel stopped doing YT to work in scouting or statistics for the Mavs.
Also, as far as recording player impact, Thinking Basketball does try to implement a lot of it, think he even coined some metrics to explain stuff about certain players, but don't hold onto my word for it lol.

No, it's like I said, you either devote a lot of defensive pressure on just those guys, or you pressure their team so hard that they can't beat you themselves. Luka's more prone to getting locked out in terms of he can put up great performances and the team might not show up or get pressured out of doing so. Has to do with Luka creating a ton of the action for his teammates anyway, too. The best players in the league just need a lot of attention if you're a NBA defense facing them, it's just how it is, it's not a one man job.
Sure, Rudy doesn't consistently guard 1-through-5, but he can still do enough if you let him come up and pressure someone. It's about having the defensive personnel around you that lets you help out elsewhere and take risks and challenges. Adebayo talked about how great it is to have PJ with them last season cuz it lets him come up higher, take more risks when you have someone to cover for you, resulting in pushing his defensive impact higher. Great defenders shine better when they also have at least decent defenders playing with them, otherwise it can result in rigid defensive schemes.
And I agree on Timelord's potential, it's what I talked about anyway. His athleticicism is insane, his recovery time on pump fakes, second-jumping on fumbled rebound attempts and all that are already pretty wack. If the dude evolves his defensive awareness and flexibility in certain matchups (which he still could... a lot as some series showed imo), it's gonna be scary.

And yeah, I mean you paid a guy that can defend really fucking well, but besides that is just a roll-man, lob threat with butter fingers and you don't even let him post up in your offense 200m $ because you won't come around a paint presence so strong for your franchise until god knows when again. Small markets don't have alternatives because contracts are like gas prices these days.

Suns were lucky, but the teams they faced weren't totally hobbled. And blaming Ben is easy, but it's also what happened anyway? Yes, we can talk about Doc not being flexible enough to adjust his offense and draw up useful plays for his other guys even without his starting point guard because he has to bench him because the dude can't think how to function without star power, but it's insane that one of your star players with impact on both ends of the floor even without scoring has to sit down because he can't hit a free throw and got scared shitless because of it. And so a team with personnel more than able to handle the Hawks on both ends somehow lost.
Not to discredit the Hawks, they tended to make the most of their limitations on their playoff run last year (they knocked a game off the Bucks in full strength while not having Trae at all that game just by great defensive rotations despite lacking great defenders at the time), but on paper, they should have been way in over their heads that series.

Yeah, I saw that. I could see the Knicks actually doing it, but I guess they aren't that dumb to give away decent young potential, not to mention all those picks given the fact that these are the Knicks lmao.

And, well, he didn't sign the five year one and this isn't even the most money that could've been juiced out for this deal, but it is kinda hard now. All of this wouldn't be a problem if they didn't decide to pay CP3 30M $ a year until he's 40. The Suns have a weird timeline for their future ahead of them.
Jul 22, 2022 7:05 PM

May 2020
The Indiana Pacers turned down Los Angeles Lakers offer of Russell Westbrook and a first round pick for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield.

Indiana wants both Lakers 2027 and 2029 first round picks to get the deal done.

Indiana can take more juice out of this deal if i were them.

Jul 23, 2022 11:02 AM

Dec 2021
wish this free agency was better

kd fr requested a trade and no ones making moves 🗿🗿🗿
doesnt help that the gobert trade also fucked up the market lol
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Jul 23, 2022 5:38 PM

Jun 2022
Hitagi__Furude said:
The Indiana Pacers turned down Los Angeles Lakers offer of Russell Westbrook and a first round pick for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield.

Indiana wants both Lakers 2027 and 2029 first round picks to get the deal done.

Indiana can take more juice out of this deal if i were them.

Yeah, that's absurd. Even if the Pacers are tanking, and they appear to be, you need multiple first round picks to take on Westbrook's deal. And I wouldn't want to trade BOTH of your main assets in a Westbrook deal.

Plus, they should trade Turner to the Bucks for Lopez, Hill, and some second rounders! ;-)
Pages (22) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overly Specific & Stupid Food Rules/Etiquette

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

20 by Mayahuel »»
53 minutes ago

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

36 by LoveLikeBlood »»
1 hour ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - Jun 9

35 by -DxP- »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

857 by zzz »»
3 hours ago

» Has anyone here tried learning an artificial language?

Malkshake - Yesterday

8 by traed »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.