Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 23, 2021 9:13 AM

Feb 2015
nah i can't even focus on reading nowadays, i just listen on my computer fans whirling
Jan 23, 2021 5:08 PM
Nov 2017
yep! especially Stewart Copeland style Spyro music for most manga. some of the music from boss battles and harder levels can fit the dark, brutal, horror, disastrous, serious action adventures, or fights with the villains, and then songs like the lofty castle theme fits alot of romance seens, and the more light hearted spyro songs and the songs from easier levels make great for comedic, light hearted and easygoing moments then songs from the dream weavers world can totally fit weird surreal moments...but yeah i listen to alot of music from the Spyro trilogy soundtrack plus some custom spyro the dragon music people come up with on youtube. and sometimes i would listen to synthwave when reading a manga where the story's timeframe is set to the 1980's...also if you wanna do something weird, try reading Neon Genesis Evangelion while listening to medieval and celtic folk music
Josiah-JoestarJan 23, 2021 5:13 PM
Jan 23, 2021 9:09 PM

May 2020
Yes, I do! Usually something I don't have to focus on though. Like Kahoot music. The music, for me, then becomes a crucial part of the reading experience.

For example, When I first started reading JoJo Part 8, I would listen to Weezer songs, specifically off of the Green Album. Now, I will think of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure whenever I hear a song from the Green Album.

For another example, When I first started reading Kemono Jihen (which actually has an anime airing right now, woohoo!) I Listened to the Polish Dancing Cow song. You know, like the one from the meme?
Now, If I'm reading Kemono Jihen while NOT listening to that song on repeat, it feels empty and like I'm missing something.

TL;DR Yes, it makes my experience better
                                              
Jan 26, 2021 11:10 AM

Oct 2020
Nope! I find it so distracting. Normally when I read, I'm thinking out the dialogues and envisioning the dynamic in my head and I don't want music that doesn't fit with a sudden climactic moment in the manga ruining it for me. If only I could change music according to mood every few panels but it's too much effort.

It's funny cause I cannot study without music running at the back - in fact it helps me consume information faster. But I'm not emotionally invested in my studies lol so that's why I probably don't find it "distracting"

Feb 4, 2021 10:04 AM

Dec 2019
I can't,if i try or i will start to sing and get lost in the reading,or i will focus in reading and not listen nothing from te music.
Feb 4, 2021 11:20 AM

Sep 2020
If the manga has an anime adaptation, I'll maybe play the opening track or ending track before I start the volume to further put me into the mood, otherwise its usually just a nice quiet place for me. I've caught myself reading with manga YouTube videos running in the back lately, but as far as music, I can't focus on both those things at once.
Feb 9, 2021 4:28 PM

Dec 2007
Usually don't, but when I get in the mood I put on some ambiance with rain playing in the background.

A Soft Murmur is a good website for customizing your rainy mood sounds.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» x.5 chapters should NOT count towards the total chapter count.

EstrangeSonej - Jun 15

7 by FZREMAKE »»
2 hours ago

» My manga room

fc_dean - May 19

6 by kihel »»
Yesterday, 12:59 AM

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1100 by donoswan »»
Jun 17, 11:51 PM

» What manga by junji ito has nudity?

KcmcPro - Jun 14

10 by KcmcPro »»
Jun 17, 9:51 AM

» !

Kingdom-ya - Jun 17

0 by Kingdom-ya »»
Jun 17, 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.