Forum Settings
Forums

Are you afraid of death, have you accepted death, or do you switch between the two?

New
Are you afraid of death, have you accepted death, or do you switch between the two?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2020 8:26 PM

Jan 2019
Well, let’s be honest, deep down everyone is afraid of death, it’s the unknown and everyone fears what they don’t know.

As a Christian, I believe I will go to Heaven when I die, but that doesn’t mean I don’t fear death. If a guy leapt out with a gun and was going to shoot me right now, I know I would be afraid.

I knew some Christians who were completely at peace on their deathbeds because they knew with all their souls that they had nothing to fear; I wish I had faith like that, but I’m not there yet.

Sadly, this world is so messed up that it is actually making me more accepting of death because I know when I die I’ll be away from all this craziness. Trust me, as much as I enjoy anime, I’d much rather be spending my days with Jesus! :)
Oct 14, 2020 8:37 PM

Jul 2012
Life and death; yin and yang.

When you accept death each day you can truly accept life.

We must not chase life, nor run away from death, instead, let us carry on twirling, dancing.
Konbu is important
Oct 14, 2020 9:13 PM

May 2013
No, I'm not. I welcome death. I know some people die without a belief in God, and that many of us see nothing beyond the cessation of the body.

However, when I look around on a sunny day, I know this will all go on after I die. I perceive a stream of life and know that I'll always be a part of it.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 14, 2020 11:13 PM
Mar 2019
I don't think you can erase the fear that comes with the possibility of dying. Though for me, if I were to just die from whatever circumstance, I'd probably not fight against it to continue living. I'm always caught up in this question considering I now had people supporting me in my life unlike before where I really had no one but myself, and I know in my heart the last thing they want to see is one of their friends (me) dying. I now feel bad when I even think about killing myself even when that's what I want no matter how much I hide it -- because how could I leave when I finally had people who understand me? Isn't this what I wanted to, to be understood and accepted?

But. I'm just tired, I guess. And eternal sleep always sounds good.
decayedangelsOct 14, 2020 11:16 PM
Oct 15, 2020 12:04 AM

Feb 2019
It is in human instinct to be afraid of death and making a question out of it is fucking dumb
"Rating are for Casul"

"While masterpiece are for Pleb"

"But shit taste is enlightenment"

"Go watch School Days you Weebs"
Oct 15, 2020 2:36 AM

Aug 2015
Well, for me, reaching 50 years old earlier this year, I am a bit closer in having to accept it.

I figure, considering I have smoked half my life, that I have less than 40 years left, and that is if things go well. In reality I may have only 25 years left.

For me, death is part of life now, it is inevitable, and I have accepted it. Whether there is really an after-life or we just go never to be anymore, it is no longer a bother about it. If you just go and not exist anymore, then I won't be worrying about it will i? If there is an after-life, well I done what I could, I need to just rest in faith that it is OK.

I consider every day from now on as a gift. If I wake up, I get to have another day - and that's pretty cool!
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Oct 15, 2020 2:37 AM

Jun 2015
death doesnt scare me
not living scares me

Oct 15, 2020 8:57 AM

Jan 2019
Earlier this year I had a crisis about this where I was depressed for about two months just thinking about how there’s no escape from death. I would literally lay on the floor all day long just looking at the roof. So I really had to find ways to cope with the idea of it during that time frame. So now I’ve accepted it for the most part, but not enough so to be willing to die anytime soon.
Oct 15, 2020 9:11 AM
Aug 2018
Kalvus said:
Earlier this year I had a crisis about this where I was depressed for about two months just thinking about how there’s no escape from death. I would literally lay on the floor all day long just looking at the roof. So I really had to find ways to cope with the idea of it during that time frame. So now I’ve accepted it for the most part, but not enough so to be willing to die anytime soon.

Thats one of the problems of human intelligence. We have the ability to think existentially and sometimes that can make us stressed or even depressed. It seems like the thought of death severely affected you in the past so its good you managed to overcome it.

Oct 15, 2020 9:18 AM

Jan 2019
Xickonaut said:
Kalvus said:

Thats one of the problems of human intelligence. We have the ability to think existentially and sometimes that can make us stressed or even depressed. It seems like the thought of death severely affected you in the past so its good you managed to overcome it.

Well it was mainly because I was given a lot of time to think about it. During the time, my final class everyday was health, so as you expect, we would talk about every possible way I could die every day. But the thing that I think made it worse was swim practice(because I swim). Due to a special event that will take too long to explain, I was swimming by myself for a month straight. So the combination of 2 hours of solitary swimming right after talking for two hours with my teacher about how I’m going to die. It gave me a lot of time to reflect, and It wasn’t a good combination. I would always surround myself in thoughts of death and I couldn’t get the idea out of my head and whenever I thought I got over it, the very next day I would think up a way to scare me again
Oct 15, 2020 9:22 AM
Aug 2018
Kalvus said:
Xickonaut said:

Well it was mainly because I was given a lot of time to think about it. During the time, my final class everyday was health, so as you expect, we would talk about every possible way I could die every day. But the thing that I think made it worse was swim practice(because I swim). Due to a special event that will take too long to explain, I was swimming by myself for a month straight. So the combination of 2 hours of solitary swimming right after talking for two hours with my teacher about how I’m going to die. It gave me a lot of time to reflect, and It wasn’t a good combination. I would always surround myself in thoughts of death and I couldn’t get the idea out of my head and whenever I thought I got over it, the very next day I would think up a way to scare me again

I see. Having those classes in that order wasn't a good thing for you. Others could fall into the same line of thinking if they were in your shoes.

Oct 18, 2020 7:24 AM
Jul 2020
Death is pretty much a reality unfortunately. You have nothing else to do other to except it lol.
Oct 18, 2020 7:31 AM
May 2017
I almost died some times, so I accept death as a natural thing.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 18, 2020 7:34 AM

Sep 2019
It's more like I don't want to die than a fear of death honestly. I don't want to be pure nothingness forever and miss out on so many things I could do; new music I could get into, animes I will like, use old computers.

"I suffered all my life. No one ever truly loved me. No one ever truly cared about me. I only loved one thing in my whole life and that was Christina Menefee. But she was torn away from me. I tried to save myself with [student’s name], but she never cared for me. As it turns out, she made fun of me behind my back while we were together. And all throughout my life I was ridiculed. Always beaten, always hated. [...] I am malicious because I am miserable."

"It was not a cry for attention, it was not a cry for help. It was a scream in sheer agony [...]"
-Luke Woodham

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you ever wish the internet would go back 20 years?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - May 22

47 by MinakoBestGirl »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite places in the EU you have visited, and where in the EU would you like to go next

KiraraFan - Yesterday

10 by Pengawas »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you believe that u/maxwellhill is Ghislaine Maxwell?

Milzol - May 25, 2021

6 by Bruh69XD »»
3 hours ago

» What are you investing your money in? What are your goals?

removed-user - Nov 16, 2021

34 by Lost_Viking »»
5 hours ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - Today

25 by Lambofgenesis »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.