Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 20, 2019 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
They are hard to figure out the MBTI for.
Oct 21, 2019 12:02 AM

Aug 2015
That is a very cool question.

Honestly I could write an essay about this thing, but I would put a sentence and an example as a way to simplify it.

For me, a complex character can or should follow some of these definitions:

-Someone who is a man of action, capable of being a driving force within its world. It does not matter what happens around them, they are still capable of drive things the way they think, being correct or not. Example: Luffy.

-A character that is what it is, with his/her own morals and thoughts, but still, being changed by the world. If someone can be affected or molded by the surroundings, it means that their vision was grey, and that mentality is part of being a person. Example: Gon.

-Someone who struggles within life due to difficult life decisions or backstory, but still can hod their own humanity or morals due to other people and themselves. Example: Guts and Kurapika.

-Someone who contains everything I mentioned above. A character being able to grow within the series, have personality traits, difficulties, good and bad moments. Someone who can hold his own but at the same needs more people to being able to become who he is at the end of the journey. A character that not only is a badass, but also a hopeless person finding hope and ultimately, motivation day by day. This is basically Johnny Joestar (and also Guts).
Oct 21, 2019 12:03 AM
Sep 2019
Complex characters, to my understanding, are well-rounded. Characters with dreams, goals, and aspirations. They're the characters with nuances, quirks, and eccentricities that flavor them. I'd like to think that they'd also have to have their own inclinations to certain things - favorite foods, least favorite pets, etc. Complex characters, I think, are characters seem the most real - not in terms of them being utterly and undeniably mundane, but in terms that they feel like real people who feel, who dream, who hurt, and who want.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Oct 21, 2019 3:03 AM

May 2019
[1] They have a complex ideology. I.e. it's difficult for the average person to grasp.

[2] They have contradictory preferences and struggle grappling with how to reconcile them. They have to choose between which goals to abandon in their efforts to accomplish another.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What are considered 'the best anime clothes'?

SgtBateMan - 2 hours ago

10 by Jonas-K »»
10 minutes ago

» Opposite sex AND same sex characters you most relate to

IpreferEcchi - 44 minutes ago

1 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
18 minutes ago

» Secondary characters

JoeChip - 2 hours ago

10 by Nirinbo »»
20 minutes ago

» Who is your Favorite Waifu in Pokémon? ( 1 2 )

Jackof-allspades - May 26

55 by CanineSmack2 »»
21 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - Yesterday

55 by animeadept »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.