Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 6, 2018 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
SonicSageGamer said:
SweetMonia said:
3 years here :>

And yes, he presents things in a very entertaining way too :3

Yeppers :) Speaking of old games, I have an old Odyssey 2 sitting around that hasn't been played in awhile. Might get to it this weekend.
Sep 6, 2018 10:22 PM

Feb 2015
Probably Pokemon, Legend of Zelda or Street Fighters :3

Sep 7, 2018 8:36 PM
Chicken King

Jun 2017
Pokemon, Rayman, and Warcraft 3 reign of chaos, tho this is not that old

And let's not forget painball games and PacMan! :D
Sep 7, 2018 9:15 PM

Oct 2015
@DarknessPoulet
As a fan of PS1 classics, especially platformers, I really need to play some of the old Rayman games :3
Sep 8, 2018 5:35 AM
Chicken King

Jun 2017
Memor said:
@DarknessPoulet
As a fan of PS1 classics, especially platformers, I really need to play some of the old Rayman games :3

wow those were good when I sed to play them, but I can't motivate myself to play them again now :/
Sep 8, 2018 7:04 AM

Jun 2016
I mostly play older games, I have a pretty big list. >.>
SNes
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
The best snes square rpg Imo.
-live a live
Another good square rpg.
-Marvelous: Another Treasure Island
I really like the unique gameplay, sometimes this game is a top down action rpg, sometimes it's a point and click adventure, and other times it's a puzzle game.
PS1
-Xenogears
Loved the story, the gameplay wasn't half bad once you get used to modding out the battle music. Unpopular opinion: the second disk is the best part of the game.
-Parappa the Rapper
really love rhythm games
Sega Dreamcast
-Space Channel 5
Quirky Visual + Rhythm game. I happen to love both things.
-Power stone and Power Stone 2
Old forgotten gem. I consider it one of the best multplayer fighting games.
PS2
-Drakengard 1
"The game who was saved by the story"
-Mana Khemia
Best gust rpg gameplay wise. The harry-potteresque setting is also really nice.
-Ar Tonelico 1 and 2.
Love the series.
-GrimGrimoire
Great gameplay combined with some really cool visuals.
-Katamary damacy, We Love Katamari.
Weird japanese game which for some reason I really like.
GC
-Pikmin 1 & 2.
Imo Pikmin 3 is the worst pikmin game, 2nd is the best and 1 is in the middle. :o
-Harvest Moon a Wonderful Life.
Best Harvest Moon game hands down.
PC
-Psychonauts
-Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (preapre to lose 50 times in a row edition)
-Hammerfight
DropOfLoveSep 8, 2018 7:07 AM

𝓐𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾
𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂
𝓱𝓾𝓶𝓪𝓷?

Sep 8, 2018 7:59 AM

Oct 2015
@TheMariqua
I'm so glad you think Pikmin 2 is the best, I spoke with Hime about it and she thinks it's the worst ^^' it seems to me that people either think it's the best or the worst, no in-between :3
Sep 8, 2018 12:34 PM

Jun 2016
Memor said:
@TheMariqua
I'm so glad you think Pikmin 2 is the best, I spoke with Hime about it and she thinks it's the worst ^^' it seems to me that people either think it's the best or the worst, no in-between :3

Well, I can understand why people might hate it. It's the most difficult game in the series, but it is also the least punishing - or at least even if you lose out more pikmins, you don't have to worry about the time.
Pikmin 2 is more streamlined than 1 (which might be a bad thing or a good thing depending on your tastes), the bosses are more complex, you need to use a wider variety of strategies in order to take out enemies, some of which I might agree are a little bit too powerful. If you played Pikmin 2 while looking at guide theeeeeeen I might understand why somebody might hate it. The best part is discovering all the enemies, theme, rooms and picking up on some good strategies in order to scavenge the map while not getting blown up by those annoying tank fishes. The game also features some of the best locations in the series - even if they are mostly caves, it's hard to forget about Glutton's Kitchen, Submerged Castle, Shower Room and the dope Background music.
DropOfLoveSep 8, 2018 2:17 PM

𝓐𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾
𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓵𝔂
𝓱𝓾𝓶𝓪𝓷?

Sep 8, 2018 5:38 PM

Oct 2015
@TheMariqua
Well almost all the criticisms I hear of Pikmin 2 are about the caves xD but for me the caves were the best bits! I'm a big fan of roguelikes so the randomly generated aspect makes me happy xD and yes the music is marvellous >///<
I also get more satisfaction out of killing enemies in Pikmin 2 than the other games because you can spam purple pikmin and it's wonderful :3
The caves are all very unique too ^^ like you say, it's hard to forget them because they all have their own aesthetics and focus on different varieties of enemies and hazards~
Sep 13, 2018 4:01 AM
Jul 2018
The Harvest Moon DS series.(excluding the 3DS games because most of those are under a different name now.)

Sep 13, 2018 9:11 AM

Oct 2015
@Kyoumo
Oh yeah, I think I played one of those very briefly when I were little ^^ I must've lost the cartridge though >_< I should play it again sometime~
Sep 13, 2018 9:44 AM

Aug 2008
Kyoumo said:
The Harvest Moon DS series.(excluding the 3DS games because most of those are under a different name now.)

I thought about playing one on the Wii U, but I read that one wasn't good. I may still try one someday~
Sep 13, 2018 2:27 PM
Dec 2016
My favorite games to replay are The legend of zelda games
Sep 13, 2018 2:42 PM

Oct 2015
@Tai1230
I think the oldest one I've played is Majora's Mask I rather unbelievably haven't played OoT yet but I have been thinking of playing the first game recently :3
Sep 13, 2018 2:58 PM
Dec 2016
I never played the first game yet the oldest one I played was Oot
Sep 13, 2018 4:38 PM

Oct 2015
@Tai1230
Ah okie, so we're kinda in the same boat :3 I do need to play OoT though~
Sep 13, 2018 7:39 PM

Oct 2016
I've never actually played any game in the legend of Zelda series, I know it's a classic, but I've just never had any interest in them personally.
Sep 14, 2018 3:58 AM
Dec 2016
Rpg games are my favorite type of games the legend of Zelda/the tales series are my favorites
Sep 14, 2018 8:07 AM

Oct 2015
@thulindar22
Is it not your kind of game? :3

@Tai1230
RPGs are my favourites too, and platformers <3
Sep 14, 2018 9:47 AM
Dec 2016
I haven't played a platformer in a long time I think the last one I played was gunvolt I need to play one
Sep 14, 2018 10:11 AM

Oct 2015
@Tai1230
I highly HIGHLY recommend this game called Celeste, it's a cute 2D platformer with an emotional story and a phenomenal soundtrack ^^ probably in my top 5 games :3
Sep 14, 2018 10:14 AM

Oct 2016
@memor I would say my least favorite type of games are platformers, and pure puzzle games. I don't mind puzzles, but not if the only aspect in the game to begin with is the puzzles, and that's about what my understanding of legend of Zelda is, is that it's nothing but puzzles. though maybe that's changed, I only saw someone playing one of the older games once. platformers I just can't ever seem to get the person to move how I want them to, so I get frustrated, lol.
Sep 14, 2018 10:22 AM

Oct 2015
@thulindar22
Zelda does have puzzles, but they're only in dungeons for the most part xD and even then, they're usually not like the typical block puzzles or sequence/code puzzles you might expect ^^ but outside of dungeons it's pretty exclusively action/adventure, so I think you'd still like it :3 however that only goes for games past the first 2/3, so maybe don't play those first couple xD
If you really hate the puzzle aspect that much then I recommend Breath of the Wild, which is almost exclusively action/adventure/survival/exploration stuff, with minimal puzzles ^^
Sep 14, 2018 10:41 AM

Oct 2016
@memor it's not so much I hate the puzzles, it's just that most puzzles aren't even hard and in fact are super easy, just tedious which is both boring and still time consuming, and survival games are nothing but tedium to me unfortunately. so I prefer RPG's and strategy games a bit more, there are exceptions though like this...
thulindar22Sep 14, 2018 10:44 AM
Sep 14, 2018 11:04 AM

Oct 2015
@thulindar22
Well in BotW the survival isn't really the focus and it's super easy to "survive", I just listed that because it's kind of a theme of the game, in that you have to collect your own resources from nature, and cook in a makeshift pot, etc xD it definitley focuses on the adventure/action aspect more ^^ but I won't try to force feed you the game if you really don't like the sound of it :3 I'm happy that you at least like RPGs though, if not platformers <3

Ehh so you're just blindly wandering around trying to find them? :s that sounds like something I'd truly despise xD I guess we are quite different in our video game taste after all :3
Sep 14, 2018 12:40 PM

Oct 2016
@memor, no not blindly wandering around, I found an online guide for where to go (the x/y coordinates) and found where things were from there, but that still meant I had to do the actual search, I just had the locations known.

it's rare more because a lot of people don't even know they exist so can't look up a guide to find them, lol. and trust me, if it were wandering blindly i'd have despised it too, lol. I wouldn't do that to myself.
Sep 14, 2018 12:50 PM

Oct 2015
@thulindar22
Ah okay xD but does the game actually tell you the locations or do you have to look them up online to figure it out? ^^
Sep 14, 2018 9:31 PM

Oct 2016
@memor, it's a rare Easter egg, so you have to look it up online, though there is a very vague clue with a map and dots on the map, especially vague since there are zero instructions within the game for what to do for this thing, or even why there is a map there.

meanwhile most players stick to the actual game content and quests which are signified by exclamation marks above quest giver's heads, and tell you exactly what to do and where to accomplish them. I also stick with this most of the time obviously, lol
Sep 14, 2018 9:38 PM

Oct 2015
@thulindar22
To be honest, I really dislike it when games kind of rely on you looking stuff up xD but I guess if it's an easter egg then it's fine :3
Sep 15, 2018 8:13 AM
Dec 2016
Memor said:
@Tai1230
I highly HIGHLY recommend this game called Celeste, it's a cute 2D platformer with an emotional story and a phenomenal soundtrack ^^ probably in my top 5 games :3

Thanks for the recommendation I'll play it as soon as I can ☺
Sep 15, 2018 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
@Tai1230
No problemo :3 I hope you enjoy it ^3^
Sep 22, 2018 8:59 PM

Oct 2015
Currently trying to 100% the PS1 version of Crash Bandicoot 2 and it's so very difficult ._.
At the very least it's not as bad as the first game where you can't die while going for the clear gems, but the base difficulty seems to be higher ^^ so it kinda balances out, but still feels fairer~ it's a fun, but stressful experience xD
Sep 25, 2018 10:13 AM

Feb 2016
DarknessPoulet said:

What about warcraft 3 frozen throne?: ^3

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Sep 25, 2018 10:24 AM
Chicken King

Jun 2017
SweetAmandine said:
DarknessPoulet said:

Haven't played a lot on that one but ofc I did he campaign :D
I found Reign of chaos to be better ;D
Sep 25, 2018 11:53 AM

Feb 2016
DarknessPoulet said:
SweetAmandine said:

I remember rushing from school to get home and play community made warcraft 3 maps online :D

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Sep 25, 2018 4:38 PM
Chicken King

Jun 2017
SweetAmandine said:
DarknessPoulet said:

I remember rushing from school to get home and play community made warcraft 3 maps online :D

I had a hacked version at the time so I was mostly playing on the basic maps (A map named Icecrown for 12 players was my favorite) I played almost a 1000 games against IAs on this map :D

Woow... That brigs back memories
Sep 25, 2018 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
PS2
Devil May Cry 3
Crash bandicoot wrath of cortex
Spyro 3 (yes i know its a PS1 game but i used to use my PS2 to play it on)

Xbox 360
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (my favoute video game)

Game boy
Sonic advance 1 and 3

Wii
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (my fav Zelda)
Super Smash bros brawl
Oct 13, 2018 9:22 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
The original and best LoL, Legend of Legaia. Great Japanese role playing game on Playstation. It has JP voice over too. I enjoyed it more than the second game on PS2.

Oct 13, 2018 10:01 PM

Oct 2016
@geemaa i think I actually played that one, though I never got very far into it, only about as far in as when you get the one pirate girl with the scimitar (assuming it's both the game i'm thinking of and my memory isn't failing)
Oct 16, 2018 7:20 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
thulindar22 said:
@geemaa i think I actually played that one, though I never got very far into it, only about as far in as when you get the one pirate girl with the scimitar (assuming it's both the game i'm thinking of and my memory isn't failing)

I think you're talking about the second game. There's a pirate girl who becomes one of the party members.

Oct 16, 2018 7:46 PM

Oct 2016
@geemaa then yes, it was the second one, I looked it up after your post, that is the pirate girl I was talking about. I remember some of her attack combos chaining together a bit easier than the other characters, or if not then I at least thought they did.
Oct 20, 2018 8:13 AM

Feb 2018
I'm a 90's kid, so if I consider only the games which came out before 2000, then my favourites are:
Battle City on Nintendo
Duck Hunt on Nintendo
Mickey's Adventure in Numberland on Nintendo
Worms on PC
Sim City 2000 on PC
Saga: Rage of the Vikings on PC
Age of Empires 1 & 2 on PC
Mortal Kombat 4 on PC
Mobil 1 Rally Championship 2000 on PC

Oct 21, 2018 11:22 AM

Aug 2008
Dobe-kun said:
I'm a 90's kid, so if I consider only the games which came out before 2000, then my favourites are:
Battle City on Nintendo
Duck Hunt on Nintendo
Worms on PC
Sim City 2000 on PC
Mortal Kombat 4 on PC

Age of empires :3

I played a lot of the first one, had many good memories with it.

I played Worms Armageddon on PSX, and it was the best one I played so far.
Oct 28, 2018 7:05 PM

Feb 2018
SweetMonia said:
Dobe-kun said:
Battle City on Nintendo
Duck Hunt on Nintendo
Worms on PC
Sim City 2000 on PC
Mortal Kombat 4 on PC

Age of empires :3

I played a lot of the first one, had many good memories with it.

I played Worms Armageddon on PSX, and it was the best one I played so far.

The first Age of empires was very hard, most of the time the AI won against me, so sometimes I did not enjoy it, only the style, but I enjoyed the second one, especially the campaigns. The Age of Empires 2 HD is on my steam account till this day.

I played Worms 1 then Worms World Party (which basicly Worms Armageddon with extra missions and thw Wormpot), I loved that game too. The last time I liked a Worms game was when Reloaded came out in 2010, I don't like their newer games.
Nov 11, 2018 8:04 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
thulindar22 said:
@geemaa then yes, it was the second one, I looked it up after your post, that is the pirate girl I was talking about. I remember some of her attack combos chaining together a bit easier than the other characters, or if not then I at least thought they did.

Sharon, the pirate, has more art blocks, which allows her to combo easier than others. She reaches the max blocks sooner than the other members.

Nov 11, 2018 11:21 AM

Oct 2016
@geemaa that might be it, but I also felt like a lot of her combos used similar patterns of directions, so the last 2 blocks from one also ended up as the first two of another, so with 8 blocks you could chain 3 of the 4 block combos together or something. I don't remember specifics so that might not be completely accurate, but that works as an example.

@sweetmonia @dobe-kun I remember worms Armageddon, but haven't played other worms games, age of empires I played the crap out of (badly as i'm not the greatest with any RTS game XD), but only the second one, never had the first, and don't really like 3 at all.
Nov 11, 2018 11:57 AM

Oct 2015
@thulindar22
The only worms game I've played is Worms Revolution, but I was still on my laptop back then and it lagged terribly and was basically unplayable xD I should go back to it sometime :3
Nov 12, 2018 3:06 PM

Aug 2008
thulindar22 said:
@geemaa that might be it, but I also felt like a lot of her combos used similar patterns of directions, so the last 2 blocks from one also ended up as the first two of another, so with 8 blocks you could chain 3 of the 4 block combos together or something. I don't remember specifics so that might not be completely accurate, but that works as an example.

@sweetmonia @dobe-kun I remember worms Armageddon, but haven't played other worms games, age of empires I played the crap out of (badly as i'm not the greatest with any RTS game XD), but only the second one, never had the first, and don't really like 3 at all.
Ironically, I played Woms Armagaddon 64 yesterday, and it was still good. I played 3 others ones. One for PC, which I didn't like, one for the iPad, which I played a lot, and one for PS4, which I also didn't like.

I played a lot of the first Age Of Empire 1 & 3. 3 was very good, but not as good as the first one~
Dec 6, 2018 3:39 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
thulindar22 said:

I think I know what you're talking about.

Dec 6, 2018 3:45 PM

Mar 2017
The first three Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot games.

FF7, but who doesn't like this.

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» ^Say something about the cute girl above you V.32:- Princess Lamina Edition ✩☽✩✩ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Apr 8, 2020

5884 by TheBigGuy »»
Sep 18, 1:54 PM

» When I say __________ What's the first thing that comes to mind V.11:- Nihaha~ Edition~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 19, 2019

5853 by TheBigGuy »»
Sep 6, 1:40 PM

» "Have you ever..." -Thread V.5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 20, 2019

2989 by hazecloud »»
Jul 30, 6:01 AM

» Watched This Anime Or Not + Opinion? V.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 29, 2018

1695 by hazecloud »»
Jul 30, 6:00 AM

» Post your CTRL + V ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 17, 2018

1056 by TheBigGuy »»
Jun 6, 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.